Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

When people are getting the POE is is saying to arrive to the border with proof of funds or have they scrapped that this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

Yeah, you'll need to have a bank statement with you. I looked into that earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Tonto86 wrote: »
    When people are getting the POE is is saying to arrive to the border with proof of funds or have they scrapped that this year?

It seems so mate mine says nothing about funds it just says to present it at immigration to receive a work permit:D

JK9 wrote: »
    Yeah, you'll need to have a bank statement with you. I looked into that earlier.

but the poe itself says nothing about a bank note or at least mine dont anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

I'm a bit concerned about this come to canada questionnaire. Every time i clicked the start button it wouldnt work so I just went and signed in and filled out all the forms on My CIC anyway. I got the message from CIC acknowledging they had received my submission so I just assumed all was well.
    I have no idea about some of these codes and numbers people are referring to either.

I think you do this questionnaire to get a personal checklsit code which you need for applying online? I cant remember exactly but after answering the questions it gives you that code i think? when you clicked on the start button did you click the blue box part or the actual 'start' letters, cause think the same thing happened me i was clicking for ages and then all of a sudden i clicked the letters and it worked!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Just a question on the Kompass account - after receiving your POE from CIC, have the last two stages of the assessment changed from pending to verified?

The Immigration Assessment, and Final Decision. (I was trying to post the printscreen here but just couldn't get it to work!!)

I'm just wondering do you have to wait for all to say Verified before you can go to Canada? I'm not at the POE stage yet, just getting prepared!! Ever the optimist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Dont think so Cat

Bring the POE

Health insurance valid for two years. U can get a letter from insurance company saying they only offer 1 years but they have ur details for second year if u get one with a years validity instead of two.

Proof of funds - particularly if u've only booked one way to show u have the money to go home if u don't land with a return ticket. You also need the proof of funds to show u have 2500 cad in ur account.

The address of where ur staying, hotel/ hostel, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Cream Bun wrote: »
    I think you do this questionnaire to get a personal checklsit code which you need for applying online? I cant remember exactly but after answering the questions it gives you that code i think? when you clicked on the start button did you click the blue box part or the actual 'start' letters, cause think the same thing happened me i was clicking for ages and then all of a sudden i clicked the letters and it worked!:D

I clicked everywhere but it just wouldnt work for me so I clicked on the underlined words in the last few paragraphs and that seemed to let me through. I've filled out all the forms, sent them everything and got this bad boy back..

"This confirms that your application for temporary residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration
    Canada (CIC)"

...what do ya think? Should I be alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Tonto86 wrote: »

When you did the Kompass portion of the application there was a Declarations section where you had to put a check mark next to each box agreeing to the conditions. Proof of $2500 in funds was one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

Hey guys, I just arrived in Canada last night. Thought I would share my experience.
    I flew Shannon-Heathrow-Montreal. I landed in Terminal 1 in Heathrow and transferred
    to Terminal 5. It took about an hour from when the plane landed to arriving in Terminal 5.

On the flight to Canada I was given a customs card. I filled this out in flight to save me time
    when we landed. On arrival in Montreal I proceeded to customs as fast as I could to avoid
    getting stuck behind large queues of people.

At the first customs desk I announced my intention to open my IEC working visa. The officer
    stamped my customs card and told me to proceed into an immigration office located directly
    behind. In this office there were 3 people ahead of me but I was lucky as about 20 people
    followed me in afterwards. Each person was taking between 5-10 minutes.

I presented my customs card, POE and passport to the second officer. She scanned my passport,
    typed in the POE details and printed a large visa. This was folded up and stapled into my passport.
    It seems bulky and awkward, and like it won't wear very well.

She told me I was free to work anywhere in Canada but needed a health check to work with children
    and in the health care sector. (She also mentioned that I couldn't work in the sex industry!)

The visa is valid for 2 years. This particular officer never asked for proof of funds or insurance although
    I had it there and ready if she asked. Don't take this as proof that you don't need to have insurance
    or proof of funds.
    I would strongly advise everyone to have their insurance and proof of funds with them.

Overall the whole process was really quick and easy. Hopefully heading out to sort out my SIN card today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

Also I forgot to mention that I had listed Ontario as my port of entry on application. I entered through Montreal which is in Quebec. This wasn't an issue.

good to hear dude all the best:)

Thanks for posting that. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Hey guys, I just arrived in Canada last night. Thought I would share my experience.
    I flew Shannon-Heathrow-Montreal. I landed in Terminal 1 in Heathrow and transferred
    to Terminal 5. It took about an hour from when the plane landed to arriving in Terminal 5.

On the flight to Canada I was given a customs card. I filled this out in flight to save me time
    when we landed. On arrival in Montreal I proceeded to customs as fast as I could to avoid
    getting stuck behind large queues of people.

At the first customs desk I announced my intention to open my IEC working visa. The officer
    stamped my customs card and told me to proceed into an immigration office located directly
    behind. In this office there were 3 people ahead of me but I was lucky as about 20 people
    followed me in afterwards. Each person was taking between 5-10 minutes.

I presented my customs card, POE and passport to the second officer. She scanned my passport,
    typed in the POE details and printed a large visa. This was folded up and stapled into my passport.
    It seems bulky and awkward, and like it won't wear very well.

She told me I was free to work anywhere in Canada but needed a health check to work with children
    and in the health care sector. (She also mentioned that I couldn't work in the sex industry!)

The visa is valid for 2 years. This particular officer never asked for proof of funds or insurance although
    I had it there and ready if she asked. Don't take this as proof that you don't need to have insurance
    or proof of funds. I would strongly advise everyone to have their insurance and proof of funds with them.

Overall the whole process was really quick and easy. Hopefully heading out to sort out my SIN card today!

Very similar experience in Toronto last year. They didn't ask for anything.
    I was in a rush for my next flight and was offering up the bank and insurance and she looked at me as if I had two heads.
    She focused on processing that letter and permit and I was on my way.
    Clearly not suggesting take a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ZuM16

I went to Toronto on the working holiday visa in 2009 and same as the others i wasnt asked about insurance or funds even though i had proof with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 manwho2

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    your not looking hard nuff here mate just cause i am in a good mood:eek:;) still 366
    http://www.skyscanner.ie/flights/dub/yyc/130416/airfares-from-dublin-to-calgary-in-april-2013.html

ah thanks alot for the link, all i need now is my poe ha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

(She also mentioned that I couldn't work in the sex industry!)

On my first day in the job I'm in now, my HR asked for my Visa, gave it to her. She came back with it a few mins later and said "So, you can't work in the sex trade I see..that's a shame!"..
    I was all "Hoh! :eek: I think I may need to make a complaint to HR regards a sexual harassment case..ohh wait, she IS the HR..!"
    (Just kidding, we all had a good laugh!)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melonball

hi all, sorry for my last and final question....im tryin to upload my IMM1295 Appl file. iv scanned in the barcode page and trying to upload it! it wont upload even tho its a jpg file! any advise or help appreciated! at this the last 2 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

melonball wrote: »
    hi all, sorry for my last and final question....im tryin to upload my IMM1295 Appl file. iv scanned in the barcode page and trying to upload it! it wont upload even tho its a jpg file! any advise or help appreciated! at this the last 2 hours!!

you don't scan the 1295 form, upload it as it is after validating and saving.

gary27 wrote: »
    you don't scan the 1295 form, upload it as it is after validating and saving.

oh my god! im gonna go mental!! thank u so much! feel like punchin the computer! if i had brains id be dangerous!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

oh my god! im gonna go mental!! thank u so much! feel like punchin the computer! if i had brains id be dangerous!!!:mad:

no problem, try searching this thread before punching the computer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,622 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Do you have to print the family form and sign it?

Gintonious wrote: »
    Do you have to print the family form and sign it?

i did! dunno if half of it is right at all! bet itll b sent back to me!

i did! dunno if half of it is right at all! bet itll b sent back to me!

I printed mine out and scanned it. Worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

Panthro wrote: »
    On my first day in the job I'm in now, my HR asked for my Visa, gave it to her. She came back with it a few mins later and said "So, you can't work in the sex trade I see..that's a shame!"..
    I was all "Hoh! :eek: I think I may need to make a complaint to HR regards a sexual harassment case..ohh wait, she IS the HR..!"
    (Just kidding, we all had a good laugh!)

ha ha class ,have fun Bruce gigolo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coso1122

definetly leave no blanks in your cv include unemployed periods, my visa application got rejected last year cause of this issue

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

Anyone on here waiting more than 21 days for their POE?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Energizer_Bat

Hey Peeps, I just activated my visa today. I crossed over from the USA by land. Handed over my proof of funds, POE letter and 1 year Backpacker insurance.

No issue. Had to wait for a bit but they just handed it back with the visa and no questions. I don't thinks the 2 year insurance issue is actually a problem. I got the full 2 year visa even though i am only insured for 1.

Bring the documents with you but don't worry. If you have the POE then you will be grand.

My new life in Montreal has begun. Woot!

no mate but i was near that 19 days:D are you that long waiting ?:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    no mate but i was near that 19 days:D are you that long waiting ?:(

I've got mine.. Got mine on 13 th day but my husband still hasn't got his yet starting to panick now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement