Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

ah dats ****e:( dunno what to say only hope it comes soon for him:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

Me too.... Fingers crossed it will be here very soon, he has two driving offences on police check from 12 years ago I really pray they don't stand in our way!!

Oh Oh this is what most deffo is delaying it i would imagine they seem to take driving offences very seriously over there espicaly drink driveing.

Yip just gonna have to stay positive that he gets it!!! We will be in Canada lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Odd one here

Just received a msg from CIC stating that they need me to submit a copy of my passport with all details clearly indicated within 30 days or I'll be refused. I have already submited it with my application and the scan is as clear as can possibly be. They havn't specified if they want me to email it or if they want me to post it.

Anyone else have the same thing?

• Advertisement

Jeez havent heard of that happening marty hopfully twill be alright:) i suppose they would want ya to email them it. all the best with it bud:D

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Jeez havent heard of that happening marty hopfully twill be alright:) i suppose they would want ya to email them it. all the best with it bud:D

Ah it would happen to me, I've no idea why, I'll go to the library tomorrow rescan it, post it and email it. They'll never take me alive.

yea mate i have ticket booked so i will be over 16th april 365 one way not to bad;) i will call into that pub a yours and have a few scoops:D.. yea mate hopefully you will be grand:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

AE56 wrote: »
    Anyone on here waiting more than 21 days for their POE?

yeah my girlfriend is, no idea why! 24days now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

AE56 wrote: »
    Anyone on here waiting more than 21 days for their POE?

Me and the gf are both on day 23. Starting to brick it a bit, just over a week left on my current visa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 hacker21

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Odd one here

Just received a msg from CIC stating that they need me to submit a copy of my passport with all details clearly indicated within 30 days or I'll be refused. I have already submited it with my application and the scan is as clear as can possibly be. They havn't specified if they want me to email it or if they want me to post it.

Anyone else have the same thing?

Martyn1989,
    Just a thought, were you working abroad previously? Had to scan in any pages of my passport that had been stamped from when I was in Australia, sent this with my CIC application.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Tonto86 wrote: »

Me and the gf are both on day 23. Starting to brick it a bit, just over a week left on my current visa!

Similar.
    In Nova Scotia. No word.
    I think the repeats are the slower bunch to be processed.
    Newbies flew through the process and are here already! (Well done all, it's some feat to get here all the same).

Too many kinks in the new system. They didn't road test it and the people running it don't necessarily know what they're doing.
    It's very frustrating to be the guinea pigs.
    They made an assumption about the insurance industry that just doesn't exist for people who are already here. We can't get that two yr insurance. They said we don't need police certs but provided a box to upload them into, but Canada isn't in the drop down list of issuing countries if you're applying from there!
    It's scrappy.
    I'll exceed the age limit this week and will miss out, only because they opened 5 wks too late.
    It's extremely disappointing.

i taught once you start your visa the age is not a bother? like beacuse you started the visa application a few weeks ago your safe?:D

Tonto86 wrote: »
    One of my mates just flew in yesterday, I was talking to him about your situation and he said you should be grand as your entitled to stay in the country as a visitor for 3 months. So when your visa is up you can still stay here but not work aka you don't have to leave the country. Double check that though.
    hacker21 wrote: »
    Martyn1989,
    Just a thought, were you working abroad previously? Had to scan in any pages of my passport that had been stamped from when I was in Australia, sent this with my CIC application.
    No my passport is clean as a whistle, only been around the EU since it was issued, I've never lived abroad otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    One of my mates just flew in yesterday, I was talking to him about your situation and he said you should be grand as your entitled to stay in the....

I've looked into that alright, i need to submit an application for change of status to visitor. It'll take up to 60 days to go through but should get implied visitor status while I wait. It'll let me stay alright but not able to work! Sucks! The boss is alright with me taking time off tho.

Just spitballing here, but maybe your passport picture file corrupted when uploading, maybe they cant open the file. Good thing is they are looking at your file and probably process it soon.

When did you submit your app? Any luck on the gf's?
    Similar.
    In Nova Scotia. No word.
    I think the repeats are the slower bunch to be processed.
    Newbies flew through the process and are here already! (Well done all, it's some feat to....

I know the feeling bro, starting to brick it at this stage... stress is killing me! As marty said tho, im pretty sure your need to be within the age limits by the time your submit your application to the CIC. You should be good.... its all just a waiting game now!

It's very random the way they are processing them, I'm glad in a way he's not the only one waiting tho I know how u guys feels ... Stressful times!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Myslef and boyfriend are on day 13- checking it every day! My mate submitted everything the day before us and got his POE on Tuesday night! Just curious, has anybody on this been rejected this year? If so, for what reasons??

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

GOT MY POE!!!!!! im so f*ckin happy!! ........... so what comes next?

media101 wrote: »
    GOT MY POE!!!!!! im so f*ckin happy!! ........... so what comes next?

well done! how long were u waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

Tonto 86 you can visit US and change your status that way or am I wrong?

• Advertisement

marcher87 wrote: »
    well done! how long were u waiting?

i was waiting 16 days :)

media101 wrote: »
    i was waiting 16 days :)

fair play! that seems to be the average. I was 21 days, gf is 24 days and counting!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Can I ask briefly how do we save/upload Conditional Letter as Adobe wont let me save or print. Also for medical form how do we save with box saying we dont need a check and upload. Thank in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    Can I ask briefly how do we save/upload Conditional Letter as Adobe wont let me save or print. Also for medical form how do we save with box saying we dont need a check and upload. Thank in advance

you just upload the conditional letter as it is, why do you need a medical form unless you have a medical condition but most people on the iec visa didn't need to upload one.

But how do you upload like I can't save it as it says my adobe isn't up to date but it is? Also how do I upload details on IMM1295 form and what did ye guys fill in for intended work in Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    But how do you upload like I can't save it as it says my adobe isn't up to date but it is? Also how do I upload details on IMM1295 form and what did ye guys fill in for intended work in Canada

if you can download the conditional letter then its on your computer then just upload it, with regard to the 1295 form search this thread using the search option as all your questions you may have will have been answered already.

cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

del777 wrote: »
    Myslef and boyfriend are on day 13- checking it every day! My mate submitted everything the day before us and got his POE on Tuesday night! Just curious, has anybody on this been rejected this year? If so, for what reasons??

It's a bit all over the place. When I submitted my application in January it took three weeks just to get my payment verified but a college mate of mine was verified the same day and quickly moved onto the next stage. But I received my POE yesterday and he's still waiting for his, which seems so strange to me. Not complaining though! Hope you get sorted soon.

JK9 wrote: »
    It's a bit all over the place. When I submitted my application in January it took three weeks just to get my payment verified but a college mate of mine was verified the same day and quickly moved onto the next stage. But I received my POE yesterday and he's still waiting for his, which seems so strange to me. Not complaining though! Hope you get sorted soon.

how long does it take for the pending to change to verified in the IEC Kompass account ?

• Advertisement

anyone else struggle to download/save Conditional letter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement