Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    anyone else struggle to download/save Conditional letter

what happens when you click on the message in kompass?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

It say I can only save blank copy as my adobe isn't up to date yet when I check adobe it say I up to date

It say I can only save blank copy as my adobe isn't up to date yet when I check adobe it say I up to date

I tried mines there it downloads no problem, what web browser you using? try firefox click save file after click message link.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

media101 wrote: »
    how long does it take for the pending to change to verified in the IEC Kompass account ?

The Final Decision? It hasn't changed yet but I've been told that it takes a few days to change after receiving the POE

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

that happened me ... so right click it and click save link as ... and then the pdf will pop up :D

• Advertisement

I have it now guys cheers for the help so now it just case of hoping all goes well. 1 last question which account will we hear any future info on? The CiC account or Kompass

I have it now guys cheers for the help so now it just case of hoping all goes well. 1 last question which account will we hear any future info on? The CiC account or Kompass

mycic acc

Cheers again and 1 last question re Family form. I printed it off and all info came off ok except top where it explains instruction does that matter

Cheers again and 1 last question re Family form. I printed it off and all info came off ok except top where it explains instruction does that matter

I'm not sure about I have the whole page printed off and rescanned, check your printer page setting as it may not set right to print off the whole page.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

I know a few people have asked, but can anyone tell me whats next after you recieve the POE, do i have to do anything else?

will I get another mail telling me my assessment is now verifed ?as it is still pending as is my final decision? sorry if dumb question just not sure :(

• Advertisement

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    I know a few people have asked, but can anyone tell me whats next after you recieve the POE, do i have to do anything else?

will I get another mail telling me my assessment is now verifed ?as it is still pending as is my final decision? sorry if dumb question just not sure :(

I think your good to go once you get the POE, i think it takes a while for it to change in the kompass acc, i wouldn't worry once you get the POE :).

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Just got my POE today!!

I was around the 200 mark in the WTN - but it's not bad going considering they asked me to upload a new copy of my police cert.

Other people have been saying that early POEs were given two year validity? Well I only got mine now, and I've got two years validity too :)

I assume this number is the amount of time you have to activate the permit - as opposed to the time your permit will actually expire?

244067.PNG

ripcord wrote: »
    Just got my POE today!!

I was around the 200 mark in the WTN - but it's not bad going considering they asked me to upload a new copy of my police cert.

Other people have been saying that early POEs were given two year validity? Well I only got mine now, and I've got two years validity too :)

I assume this number is the amount of time you have to activate the permit - as opposed to the time your permit will actually expire?

244067.PNG

congrats, how long waiting since submission?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Just got my POE today!!

244067.PNG

Yeah got my this morning too, just for one year though, but im guessing your right its the time you have to activate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ASBO

I wonder if anyone has any clarity on the duration of the permits question. At the initial stage of applying we noticed that my OHs passport will expire in late 2014 but rather than miss the boat on the 2013 visas she filled in the forms to reflect this date.

The POE letter has the validity date ending in late 2014 to match the passport expiry.

I've contacted the embassy to suggest that should she get a new passport prior to our arrival in Canada will there be an opportunity to extend the visa.

I'll let you know if I hear anything but I'd appreciate any feedback others may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Just got my POE today!!

244067.PNG

Ok, very much off topic, (but this does come in handy for this thread when we're trying to show others what our application screen looks like at present), but how do you get the image to appear like that in with the post? I tried yest to no avail, and in the end up just had to go with an attachment that you have to click into!!

Mod - please don't be mad with me for asking this as technically it is crucial sometimes in this thread!!! :o:rolleyes::)

ASBO wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone has any clarity on the duration of the permits question. At the initial stage of applying we noticed that my OHs passport will expire in late 2014 but rather than miss the boat on the 2013 visas she filled in the forms to reflect this date.

The POE letter has the validity date ending in late 2014 to match the passport expiry.

I've contacted the embassy to suggest that should she get a new passport prior to our arrival in Canada will there be an opportunity to extend the visa.

I'll let you know if I hear anything but I'd appreciate any feedback others may have.

The POE validity wouldn't be my main concern here, rather the validity of your actual visa once you activate it. If your passport does not have the full 2year validity at the time you enter Canada, then you will be only given a visa that will expire with your passport. This is in the FAQ's of the IEC page.
    You can however change your passport, then contact them with the new passport number, and as far as I'm aware all visa entitlements will then switch over to the new passport.

So if I were you, now that you have the visa/POE sorted, I'd go ahead and get my new passport sorted before entering Canada.

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Ok, very much off topic, (but this does come in handy for this thread when we're trying to show others what our application screen looks like at present), but how do you get the image to appear like that in with the post? I tried yest to no avail, and in the end up just had to go with an attachment that you have to click into!!

Mod - please don't be mad with me for asking this as technically it is crucial sometimes in this thread!!! :o:rolleyes::)

what i do is upload the image to a free image hosting site and take the image link and insert it in the post by using the insert image option button when creating the post.

ASBO - here's the link to the FAQ page, and some of the questions and answers regarding passports.
    Hope this helps!

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d

How long does my passport have to be valid for, in order to apply?
    You must hold a valid passport at the time you submit your application. If you have been accepted as a participant and you are preparing to enter Canada through the IEC, the validity period of your passport should cover the whole time you plan to stay in Canada (up to two years). The validity period of your work permit may not extend beyond the validity period of your passport.

I have replaced the passport under which my Letter of Introduction was issued (because it was damaged/ lost/ stolen/ I got married) and am about to travel to Canada. May I still use the Letter of Introduction to obtain my work permit?
    Yes, as long as the validity period of the Letter of Introduction has not expired. When entering Canada, you must notify the border service officer of this change so that your work permit may be issued in accordance with your current passport information. We recommend that you bring a photocopy of your previous passport along with your current valid passport for presentation at the port of entry. If you changed your passport because you got married, please also bring a copy of your marriage certificate.

gary27 wrote: »
    what i do is upload the image to a free image hosting site and take the image link and insert it in the post by using the insert image option button when creating the post.

Brill - thanks for that!

I was wondering why it would only allow an 'http' link when trying to upload an image! I'll be flying it now! :D

• Advertisement

Just got my POE today!!

244067.PNG

I see your permit validity says 2015, mine says 2014 and "You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above. If you have been issued a visa, you must also enter no later than the visa validity date."

Sorry for the silly question but I want to make sure I understand this fully. I must enter before the 2014 date given but it's still a two year visa right?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

smitas5 wrote: »
    Tonto 86 you can visit US and change your status that way or am I wrong?

I think your right alright, I'm in Calgary tho. The US border is over three hours drive away.

More people getting them today after submitting 10 days ago. This sucks, I'm on frickin day 24 with only a week left on my permit!

Thanks Cat.

I was kind of aware of those bits of info but I'm not sure it clarifies my query..I wonder if anyone can speak with authority on the validity date of the permits.

The POE/LOI that we received has a validity date ending in Nov 2014. I think you are making the assumption that we can activate our 2 year visa at any date up to this date (and a 2 year permit would begin)? My understanding is that the permit issued will expire on the Nov 2014 date?

I'll read back over this thread to see if I can find earlier posts on this.

Thanks Cat.

I was kind of aware of those bits of info but I'm not sure it clarifies my query..I wonder if anyone can speak with authority on the validity date of the permits.

The POE/LOI that we received has a validity date ending in Nov 2014. I think you are making the assumption that we can activate our 2 year visa at any date up to this date (and a 2 year permit would begin)? My understanding is that the permit issued will expire on the Nov 2014 date?

yes you have up to Nov 2014 to activite your visa after which it expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Thanks Cat.

You have up till Nov 2024 to enter Canada. When you do you'll be granted a 2 year permit from that date

Thanks Gary.

So regardless of when we enter Canada the work permit will no longer be valid after November 2014, that was my own understanding of the situation.

I believe most people (who didn't have the passport expiry issue I mentioned) have there POE letters with validity dates expiring in Feb 2015. A lot of people seem to think that regardless of the date they enter Canada that they will be issued a 24 month work permit, i.e if they enter this June they will receive a permit that expires in June 2015.

So in conclusion, am I correct in saying : the date on the POE letter is the expiry date for us to legally work in Canada (regardless of when we enter Canada).

Thanks Gary.

So regardless of when we enter Canada the work permit will no longer be valid after November 2014, that was my own understanding of the situation.

I believe most people (who didn't have the passport expiry issue I mentioned) have there POE letters with validity dates expiring in Feb 2015. A lot of people seem to think that regardless of the date they enter Canada that they will be issued a 24 month work permit, i.e if they enter this June they will receive a permit that expires in June 2015.

So in conclusion, am I correct in saying : the date on the POE letter is the expiry date for us to legally work in Canada (regardless of when we enter Canada).

no you have til Nov 2014 to enter canada and when you enter canada your 2 year visa starts.

I think that answers my question above, phew. Thought I had been issued a one year visa or something

Gary as this seems to be the basis of a number of people's concern can you state if this is your understanding of the situation or something that you have seen clarified?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

But sure it says on the poe you have to enter before the said date in order to get your work permit which means the date on the poe is the date you have to enter before it would expire. then wen you do enter you will be issued with a 2 year permit. its not rocket science :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement