Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    But sure it says on the poe you have to enter before the said date in order to get your work permit which means the date on the poe is the date you have to enter. then wen you do enter you will be issued with a 2 year permit. its not rocket science :P

exactly not rocket science :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

ASBO wrote: »
    Gary as this seems to be the basis of a number of people's concern can you state if this is your understanding of the situation or something that you have seen clarified?

Thanks

Think its been answered bout 5 times in the last 20 posts.

You have to enter Canada before the date on the POE. Then you'll be issued a work permit with 2 years from your date of entry. They will only issue you a work permit for as long as your passport is valid but the IEC and CIC shouldn't of approved you for a 2 year visa program with an expiring passport

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chaow

Hi Everyone, I was hoping someone could please help me. I submitted my application yesterday on My CIC and today I received a eligibility verification message to confirm which university in Canada I studied in. But I have never studied in Canada and it gives me no choice other than to select an university. Anyone have any solutions please??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

Can i ask where people got there POE's issued and how long they have to enter Canada to see if the location of Issue has got any thing to do with the difference of one or two years to enter Canada?
    Mine was issued in Alberta and i have two years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

alberta 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

ASBO wrote: »
    Gary as this seems to be the basis of a number of people's concern can you state if this is your understanding of the situation or something that you have seen clarified?

Thanks

No it's fact - your POE gives you the timeframe in which you must enter Canada and activate your visa.

The validity of the visa is 2yrs for every participant, and this only starts once you enter Canada.

So if you're entering Canada 1st June 2013, then you have a work permit which will be valid until 31st May 2015.
    However, if your passport expires prior to the 31st May 2015, then your work permit expiry will match that of your passport.

Chaow wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, I was hoping someone could please help me. I submitted my application yesterday on My CIC and today I received a eligibility verification message to confirm which university in Canada I studied in. But I have never studied in Canada and it gives me no choice other than to select an university. Anyone have any solutions please??

under completed in mycic homepage do you have submission? if so you might have click something you shouldn't have and if you an inprogress application on the mycic homepage delete it if you have already submitted app.

gary27 wrote: »
    under completed in mycic homepage do you have submission? if so you might have click something you shouldn't have and if you an inprogress application on the mycic homepage delete it if you have already submitted app.

Thanks Gary, I have gotten a submission email. And then the eligibilty verification thing I am allowed to delete? Should I not be cautious to delete in case they do need that info?

Chaow wrote: »
    Thanks Gary, I have gotten a submission email. And then the eligibilty verification thing I am allowed to delete? Should I not be cautious to delete in case they do need that info?

you must have click on that link in mycic by accident, delete it you already submitted your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

blueprince wrote: »
    Hello did anyonr receive its loi from ottawa ? Please have a look at your poe and pleasee let me knwo if anyone received it from ottawa!! Thanksss

Mine does not say anything about Ottawa, just states Citizenship and Immigration Canada. To the best of my knowledge all of them will be the same.

Why does it matter if it says Ottawa?

• Advertisement

mines alberta what does it matter ottawa?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

blueprince wrote: »
    I was told that my application is in ottawa and uptill now i didnt see anyone getting the visa from there!! Everyone is getting it from alberta :(( thats so strange... im at day 15 at the moment. So would reliefe me if someone got its visa aswell from.ottawa and not only alberta.... let me know please

I'm in Ireland. I don't think it works like that at all. You submit your document's to the CIC and they work through them, I don't believe it matters where you are. I could be wrong about that though.....

gary27 wrote: »
    you must have click on that link in mycic by accident, delete it you already submitted your application.

Ok, I'll do so. Thank you for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 b_cro87

Hey, hoping someone might be able to help me out.

I was finished submitting everything, but then had to upload proof of medical exam, which I have now done. (It was required as I plan on working with 'the field of human sciences')

Anyone else had to do a medical exam and know how long it takes to process the application after that??

Like do they have to wait for the results of the medical, or can they proceed without the results, just proof that I completed an exam??

Any help would be great and much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ASBO

Thanks for the clarifications people but I suppose I've been trying to apply logic to this whole thing but I will stop over thinking things now.

Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

One a slight side note, the UK's last 2,350 visas were out this morning at 7am my time. The girlfriend logged in, by 7.30am there was ZERO left.:eek:
    She got one though, that was bananas fast altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

Panthro wrote: »
    One a slight side note, the UK's last 2,350 visas were out this morning at 7am my time. The girlfriend logged in, by 7.30am there was ZERO left.:eek:
    She got one though, that was bananas fast altogether.
    Jaysus! I really hope I get my visa coz I dont want to go through that next year :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 podge22

Did anyone get this right before trying to sign the CIC account?

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.

I've gone through it all so many times and am unsure why I am not able to sign!! Please help

podge22 wrote: »
    Did anyone get this right before trying to sign the CIC account?

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.

I've gone through it all so many times and am unsure why I am not able to sign!! Please help

search through this thread using the search option as i recall they was people with the same problem who may be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mexican council of food

anyone else go to the working abroad expo? Load of ****e but I came away with a few pens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

anyone else go to the working abroad expo? Load of ****e but I came away with a few pens!

The RDS Expo?
    Thread here about it.
    Pens you say?.....I could do with a few pens...!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

ya! I was expecting more to be honest and pretty mixed reviews for the likes for work in my feild :( BAH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEOzBkmDZDw

Great video of calgary in april:D

THANKS to gary27 for originally sending me the link via pm;)

thanks to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starkey18

I took a picture using a digital camera against a white or light coloured background.
    I uploaded the photo to; http://www.idphoto4you.com/

select canada and dimensions 3.5 x 4.5cm, select print size single photo, upload photo, crop it, select 600 dpi quality and select and wait for download link.

I understand that this is the process for uploading the photo for the MyCIC digital photo section.

The only photo i have is from my police certificate, i have scanned the certificate and have taken the photo. I am unsure whether this will be of sufficient quality?

Additionally, when i create the photo on idphoto4you.com the end photo is far bigger than the dimensions that are specified on MyCiC, is this normal?

Starkey18 wrote: »
    I understand that this is the process for uploading the photo for the MyCIC digital photo section.

The only photo i have is from my police certificate, i have scanned the certificate and have taken the photo. I am unsure whether this will be of sufficient quality?

Additionally, when i create the photo on idphoto4you.com the end photo is far bigger than the dimensions that are specified on MyCiC, is this normal?

send me a pm with all your specs resolution, file size and i will check if your ok

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dave92

Just want to say thanks for all the helpful posts on here just got mine submitted after days of trying:( typing "unknown" into the work section was what worked for me ........note to self always check boards first:D thanks again and now the waiting begins:-[

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

This is the one ye should be watching :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThFCg0tBDck&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

This is the one ye should be watching :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThFCg0tBDck&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Advertisement

fifi2008 wrote: »

I seen that video, its good but those are made to look good, the video that i posted by Ross shows whats it like there for real.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement