Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Haha, yes Gary, it is a tourism promotional video...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

the wild horses are just amazing if only they new they would be in next weeks burgers:(

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

fifi2008 wrote: »

If I didn't want to go to Alberta before, I deffo do now ! Wow that video makes the place look insane brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

On that note, was reading one of the papers the other day and they're making it legal to take home and consume ur roadkill now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

I like this one..a good on the ground view of Calgary..driving will be challenging at the start;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YXYRvIYzr4

• Advertisement

Myself and waster-ex are heading together if anyone wants to join us heading 16th April ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D:D tickets booked hostel booked:D gota love boards the way you can meet other random peeps with the same game plan and end up with a buddy to travel with gonna make the process of getting to Calgary a lot easier plus it will be good to have someone else to drink with in heatrow. there's a few places left in our wolf pack if anyone wants to join:D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Myself and waster-ex are heading together if anyone wants to join us heading 16th April ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D:D tickets booked hostel booked:D gota love boards the way you can meet other random peeps with the same game plan and end of with a buddy to travel wait gonna make the process of getting to Calgary a lot easier plus it will be good to have someone else to drink with in heatrow. there's a few places left in our wolf pack if anyone wants to join:D

Exactly this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

Can anyone recommend an airline/route for flying to Toronto? Has anyone here used Air Transat before? Just looking at their website now.

skyscanner.ie mate seems to be the cheapest around:D i got a one way to Calgary for 366 for mid April so i would imagine Toronto would be a lot more popular route so cheaper i guess:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

media101 wrote: »
    If I didn't want to go to Alberta before, I deffo do now ! Wow that video makes the place look insane brilliant

i think i just peed my pants a lil with all the excitment!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!

I thought NZ was stunning but this canadialand might win overall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Anyone get a poe in the last few days. Girlfriend submitted her CIC documents on the 19th of Feb and has heard nothing back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Myself and waster-ex are heading together if anyone wants to join us heading 16th April ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D:D tickets booked hostel booked:D gota love boards the way you can meet other random peeps with the same game plan and end up with a buddy to travel with gonna make the process of getting to Calgary a lot easier plus it will be good to have someone else to drink with in heatrow. there's a few places left in our wolf pack if anyone wants to join:D

Ah i am sick i cant go with ye on that date due the course not finishing till the end of april and other stuff to :/, i hope i am still the wolf pack group :D, if not save me a place till i am over :D!!

Yea there will be a monthly boards wolfpack meet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starkey18

I'm about to submit the My CiC application.

I'm worried that i've got my current country of residence down as canada as i am currently living here as a tourist for 5 months. Should i put this down as my current country of residence and select 'visitor' or should i choose the uk and select 'permanent resident?'

Apologies if this has been asked before, i'd just like confirmation before i submit the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Starkey18 wrote: »
    I'm about to submit the My CiC application.

I'm worried that i've got my current country of residence down as canada as i am currently living here as a tourist for 5 months. Should i put this down as my current country of residence and select 'visitor' or should i choose the uk and select 'permanent resident?'

Apologies if this has been asked before, i'd just like confirmation before i submit the application.

Put your country of residence as the UK mate because you're not a resident in Canada. :D

WasterEx wrote: »
    Put your country of residence as the UK mate because you're not a resident in Canada. :D

Then the question after is : 'Country where applying' Same as country of residence? Yes / No.

Is this asking where am i applying from? Seems like a strange questions to have.

WasterEx wrote: »

did a little research and my country of residence is where i am currently living, not where i am technically a 'permanent resident' of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

m.j.w wrote: »
    Anyone get a poe in the last few days. Girlfriend submitted her CIC documents on the 19th of Feb and has heard nothing back since.

my own gf is waiting since the 9th!!! no idea whats going on, she has a grand police cert, first time applying... I had to wait 21 days for mine, so it can take that long, but no idea why my gf is having to wait so long :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chaow

hey everyone....The number we need to submit into the IEC Kompass account from CIC after we submit everything....Is this the application nnumber we receive in the confirmation email after submitting everything on CIC? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Chaow wrote: »
    hey everyone....The number we need to submit into the IEC Kompass account from CIC after we submit everything....Is this the application nnumber we receive in the confirmation email after submitting everything on CIC? Thanks

yes begins with a W.

• Advertisement

yea thats the one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chaow

Thanks again, very helpful this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 roboticrob

Hi guys, So i've uploaded all required docs to the mycic account but I can't see any option to proceed with the application. I have yet to digitally sign so I presume that is the next step..I'm kinda stumped...

wen you have all uploaded and it says provided on all the required documents a button should appear NEXT when you click that you should be able to digital sign it:)

wen you have all uploaded and it says provided on all the required documents a button should appear NEXT when you click that you should be able to digital sign it:)

Thanks, that's what i thought alright. All say "Provided" except for Schedule 1 (IMM5257B) in the optional documents section. I didn't think I have to upload this, any idea if there's something else I'm missing? I've been starting at the screen for the last hour:confused:

Jeez you should be good to go mate i cant see why the next tab aint there:o

Jeez you should be good to go mate i cant see why the next tab aint there:o

Cool, thanks for the help, I'll try a new application altogether, should work fingers crossed!

roboticrob wrote: »
    Hi guys, So i've uploaded all required docs to the mycic account but I can't see any option to proceed with the application. I have yet to digitally sign so I presume that is the next step..I'm kinda stumped...

Figured it out! I had clicked "Add Schedule 1" for that document which is only visible when it has not been added. I just clicked "Remove Document" and "Next" appeared. Should have tweaked that...

ah good stuff buddy:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Yea there will be a monthly boards wolfpack meet:D

where will this montly boards take place :P??

roadhouse.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement