Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

where will this montly boards take place :P??

roadhouse.jpg

I hope you are true to your word... I will join you for the august one :-D
    Roll on the good times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

when i apply for a job with them i gonna referance to here and other pages to show how much free business we are bringing there way:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

marcher87 wrote: »

my own gf is waiting since the 9th!!! no idea whats going on, she has a grand police cert, first time applying... I had to wait 21 days for mine, so it can take that long, but no idea why my gf is having to wait so long :confused:

Your not alone bud, me and the gf sent ours in around the same time and nothing back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4 likabalo

anyone got conditional acceptance letter suspended?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

likabalo wrote: »
    anyone got conditional acceptance letter suspended?

did you get letter as normal first then it was later suspended?

• Advertisement

yes, and also got LOI

yes, and also got LOI

ok you got your LOI, how did you get the suspended letter in kompass or mycic and how long after LOI, and what does the letter say?

gary27 wrote: »
    ok you got your LOI, how did you get the suspended letter in kompass or mycic and how long after LOI, and what does the letter say?

one day after recieving LOI
    mail in my kompass: "Please be advised that IEC is currently suspending your ‘Conditional Letter of Acceptance’ until further notice. Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) have been advised of the irregular activity pertaining to your application, and will suspend any further action in relation to your file. IEC will contact you shortly regarding next steps."

mail in my kompass: "Please be advised that IEC is currently suspending your ‘Conditional Letter of Acceptance’ until further notice. Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) have been advised of the irregular activity pertaining to your application, and will suspend any further action in relation to your file. IEC will contact you shortly regarding next steps."

that sounds serious to me, it looks like you have to wait until further notice.
    I don't understand why they would issue the LOI then suspend it unless they discovered something irregular as it says in the message.

that sounds serious to me, it looks like you have to wait until further notice.

I know, I'm just looking if anybody has the same problem

• Advertisement

I know, I'm just looking if anybody has the same problem

you don't know of any mistake or something to do with police cert that may have caused the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

Has anyone else done a medical check for their visa application?

Can I upload the receipt for the medical to MyCIC account as proof that I have had a medical done?

I ask this because I am just after ringing the Mater Private about my results and I was told that my full results (full medical exam, chest scan, blood tests) are in London (Canadian Embassy). The lady said that the Mater can only send me a copy of my chest scan and blood test. So I am not really sure what I should upload as proof.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

I hope you are true to your word... I will join you for the august one :-D
    Roll on the good times!

Aw i am but i wont there till September at the earliest :D, dont know if ill go before my bday which is the 96th of sep or after it :D??

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

That is very strange. Was there anything unusual about your application, like you have convictions, passport due to expire, people coming with you, different information provided on the 2 applications? Basically anything that would make your application a bit different?

Did you apply yourself or go through an agency?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

On day 29 since submitting everything to the CIC with no word from them since. Getting concerned. Especially since people are now reporting they are getting refused for not supplying the correct family form. Visa is up next week as well. Fun times!

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    On day 29 since submitting everything to the CIC with no word from them since. Getting concerned. Especially since people are now reporting they are getting refused for not supplying the correct family form. Visa is up next week as well. Fun times!

what family form are people being refused on?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

what family form are people being refused on?

2 or 3 people have reported that they submitted the IMM5707 and have since been refused. I think they also received a request to provide the family form again but that request wasn't clear which one they wanted. I know the one person said they then supplied the sibling form which apparently wasn't enough another submitted the IMM5707 again. Which could mean they had something incorrect on that form but it sounds like CIC weren't clear with what was wrong.

One girl called CIC to find out what was going on and was told then that she wasn't eligible to start with because she had participated in the program once before....which is not true as you can participate twice if you have only participated for 1 year previously!

I haven't had any requests for additional info but since I'm waiting so long its stressing me out! Nothing to do but wait and pray everything goes smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

2 or 3 people have reported that they submitted the IMM5707 and have since been refused. I think they also received a request to provide the family form again but that request wasn't clear which one they wanted. I know the one person said they then supplied the sibling form which apparently wasn't enough another submitted the IMM5707 again. Which could mean they had something incorrect on that form but it sounds like CIC weren't clear with what was wrong.

One girl called CIC to find out what was going on and was told then that she wasn't eligible to start with because she had participated in the program once before....which is not true as you can participate twice if you have only participated for 1 year previously!

I haven't had any requests for additional info but since I'm waiting so long its stressing me out! Nothing to do but wait and pray everything goes smoothly.

Oh my God, this thing is such a mess. Since they divided it into a 2 part process, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
    They're contradicting themselves and they don't know the rules.
    2nd timers aren't supposed to need police certs but the process was designed to upload a cert.
    In the time it took them to get it up and running and now the waiting period, I've exceeded the age limit so it was a total waste of my time and money. I'm so disappointed in them.

I'm still waiting since 19th Feb, it seems the problem with which form is correct lies with the cic, the 5707 form is the form in the checklist can't see why they would refuse people for submitting it.

Oh my God, this thing is such a mess. Since they divided it into a 2 part process, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
    2nd timers aren't supposed to need police certs but the process was designed to upload a cert.
    In the time it took them to get it up and running and now the waiting period, I've exceeded the age limit so it was a total waste of my time and money. I'm so disappointed in them.

Will you be comeing home to good old ireland so?:eek: can your employer not get an lmo?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

I think you should still be OK as your initial application was made when you were eligible. There is a part in the FAQs about this: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Will you be comeing home to good old ireland so?:eek: can your employer not get an lmo?;)

Employers don't do that here.
    Maybe if you're an electrician or surgeon, but a bog standard person, they've plenty of their own for that.
    Where I'm working, someone from UK had visa run out and they just let him go home. He will be back but they didn't help with it.

I think you should still be OK as your initial application was made when you were eligible. There is a part in the FAQs about this: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d

I've so little faith in it to be honest.
    Took 3 applications last year to get here so.....
    Thanks though.

Employers don't do that here.
    Maybe if you're an electrician or surgeon, but a bog standard person, they've plenty of their own for that.
    Where I'm working, someone from UK had visa run out and they just let him go home. He will be back but they didn't help with it.

Nice 1:D:D ah i suppose yea why would they help the normal joe soap same in any country i guess if were not bringing something that's in there demand why would they want us:D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Has people actually got rejected for little errors? I can understand big issues like faults in a police cert etc but thought they were given everyone a chance to rectify small issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

I'm still waiting since 19th Feb, it seems the problem with which form is correct lies with the cic, the 5707 form is the form in the checklist can't see why they would refuse people for submitting it.

Loads of people got their LOI's with the 5707 and I believe many with the other form too. Id say there has to be other reasons why people would get refused like filling the form out wrong etc. Havent heard of anyone on boards being refused yet

sully2010 wrote: »
    Loads of people got their LOI's with the 5707 and I believe many with the other form too. Id say there has to be other reasons why people would get refused like filling the form out wrong etc. Havent heard of anyone on boards being refused yet

yeah it doesn't add up,
    has to be something else because people have been asked to resubmit properly filled out form.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

i got my LOI with the 5707, and a mate of mine got it with the other one so that shouldnt matter which one u use

marcher87 wrote: »
    i got my LOI with the 5707, and a mate of mine got it with the other one so that shouldnt matter which one u use

yes it shouldn't matter, just commenting on what EvilDead13 said at the top of page that people using the 5707 form getting refused.
    It must be something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Lads the delay could simply be fact for part 2 we in with other countries and as they're windows are open now there alot more traffic to get through. They say it can take up to 8 weeks right

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement