Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

gary27 wrote: »
    yes it shouldn't matter, just commenting on what EvilDead13 said at the top of page that people using the 5707 form getting refused.
    It must be something else.

sorry quoted urs by accident, was meant to quote EvilDead13... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

marcher87 wrote: »
    sorry quoted urs by accident, was meant to quote EvilDead13... :D

Yeah doesn't make sense to me either. This is just what I'm hearing from others who say they have been sent emails from CIC saying their application was rejected for this reason. I would think there must be something else that caused it but information from CIC has been all over the map it wouldn't surprise me if they rejected people falsely.

I'm also paranoid because so many others who submitted after me have already gotten their POE letters. I guess no news is good news for now. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    Yeah doesn't make sense to me either. This is just what I'm hearing from others who say they have been sent emails from CIC saying their application was rejected for this reason. I would think there must be something else that caused it but information from CIC has been all over the map it wouldn't surprise me if they rejected people falsely.

I'm also paranoid because so many others who submitted after me have already gotten their POE letters. I guess no news is good news for now. :confused:

yeah I know, like if there's a mistake on a form they would surely give you an opportunity to resubmit. For example with mine I forgot to attach my UK police cert with my Irish one, so they just emailed me a couple of days later asking for me to submit my UK cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Just be weary as some people are just very bitter over missing deadline and being in que and trying to confuse people in to making a mistake to open a chance for them.
    As for people after you getting POE before you don't worry they don't seem to have any sort of order and it random order

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    Just be weary as some people are just very bitter over missing deadline and being in que and trying to confuse people in to making a mistake to open a chance for them.
    As for people after you getting POE before you don't worry they don't seem to have any sort of order and it random order

Are you serious? :eek:

I'm not sure I would believe that, how do ya know this? Not saying you're wrong but would really hope that's not the case....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

of course people would at the end of the day no1 noes anyone on here of course someone could try and mess up someone elses application in order to get a visa sad but true:(

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    of course people would at the end of the day no1 noes anyone on here of course someone could try and mess up someone elses application in order to get a visa sad but true:(

jaysus, that's nasty. Thought just never had occurred to me....

sure its a dog eat dog world out there bro:D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

sure its a dog eat dog world out there bro:D

yes true but I would say the majority of people on here are offering the correct advice as we genuinely want to help others in the same situation.

oh yea i no that but sure theres always one that wont:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

podge22 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm still having problems here. I've filled out all the forms and everything but when I go to sign the document it won't let me! It just says:

"Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application."

I've gone over the documents so many times I have it memorized and it still won't let me sign it. If anyone has had this problem before and knows what I can do then you would be a life saver!

Hi Podge22 - did you get this sorted? I am having the same problem but have figured out where i went wrong - I input given name as my surname and family name as my first name - I revoked the GCkey and started from scratch, ive input details correctly now but it still saves the name backwards - was this what you done? Ive emailed CIC but they take about 2 weeks to get back with an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 robinc80

Hey all,

I wonder how randomly they ask people for various police certificates. What I mean is I sent off my application with only an Irish Garda Certificate. I've participated in the IEC once before, and in the past 10 years I've also spent a year and a half living in France and a year in New Zealand. All this was clear in my application, but I chanced my arm.

I got my POE last week and didn't get asked to provide any additional police clearances.

Anyway, good luck to all with the on-going applications, looking forward to heading off in May/June now! =)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

Jeez shes butch its best she puts back on the clothes dont want her geting a cold:D

Never used it before till now but Google maps is unreal Calgary looks like an awesome city:D

deadly for checking the conditions and areas of possible flats/houses to rent:D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Muffinman1 wrote: »

Anyone who would do that should be ashamed of themselves (that is, if it is happening, I sincerely hope it isn't...). Everyone deserves their chance to go, and in the case of this it really is first come first serve, and while I'm sure people who missed out might be feeling bitter, that's no excuse to turn to sabotage... :mad:

I imagine the procedure for the POE assessment is similar to that of the payment verification or the conditional assessment. There seemed to be no order to that, there's no need to worry just yet... Assessment can take anything upto 8 weeks, and the whole programme hasn't even been open for 6 weeks yet...

And for those whose visas are nearly up, I THINK (just think) that you're eligible to stay in the country for a further 90 days after the visa expires... Don't take me up on this as gospel, you'll have to check it out, but I vaguely recall someone being able to stay a few months extra while they were waiting for the LOI to come...

Giggii I know it's vile but people are desperate to get out of here and as JustRoss said it dog eat dog. But I think your correct on 90 day grace as after visa expires you get 90 day holiday visa as if your tourist I presume but not sure if this entitles you to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

So heading to Regina on Tuesday canni wait, its been a long time coming but thank god its nearly here now, anyone else heading that way give me a shout, Ross you should start up a thread for this big meet up so anyone that wants to meet up with that wolf pack of yours can keep tabs of when and where it's happening, would be great to meet up with a few a friendly faces over there,
    for every1 that's still waiting keep the chin up we all had to go threw the pain and strife of it, it's a **** but have faith it'll happen and it won't be long till you's are jetting off, just an FYI about the insurance because I need to come home twice in the next 2 years I could not get a single insurance policy, I went threw sta travel and what I did was worked out my dates I'd be coming home and got 3 separate insurance policy's it worked out a tiny bit more expensive but it's worth it to kno that Ill definatly get my 2 year work permit :)

giggii wrote: »
    Anyone who would do that should be ashamed of themselves (that is, if it is happening, I sincerely hope it isn't...). Everyone deserves their chance to go, and in the case of this it really is first come first serve, and while I'm sure people who missed out might be feeling bitter, that's no excuse to turn to sabotage... :mad:

I imagine the procedure for the POE assessment is similar to that of the payment verification or the conditional assessment. There seemed to be no order to that, there's no need to worry just yet... Assessment can take anything upto 8 weeks, and the whole programme hasn't even been open for 6 weeks yet...

And for those whose visas are nearly up, I THINK (just think) that you're eligible to stay in the country for a further 90 days after the visa expires... Don't take me up on this as gospel, you'll have to check it out, but I vaguely recall someone being able to stay a few months extra while they were waiting for the LOI to come...

In order to do this, what ya do is to apply for an extension to your work visa. While this is been processed you have something close to 3 months to continue working on in the country. Even if you know your work is not going to offer to sponsor you or anything, you might as well do it as it will keep you in the country. So the best thing to do is to wait until your visa is pretty much up and I believe it goes from the date you sent in your application extension. Believe this is called implied status....

This is to the best of my knowledge, but do your own research on this to confirm also....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Threads been busy :/

Gary and Black Shadow no sign of yer LOIs yet?

• Advertisement

hdowney wrote: »
    Threads been busy :/

Gary and Black Shadow no sign of yer LOIs yet?

nope day 18, please say a prayer for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

Regards arriving in Canada, do I need to notify any of the authorities of when I plan to arrive? I'm landing in Toronto on April 25th around 9pm so could I just go straight to immigration with my letter?

Course mate. Please God it be here over the weekend then you can head on out. You going asap or waiting a while?

Course mate. Please God it be here over the weekend then you can head on out. You going asap or waiting a while?

I'm planning on the 16th April with Ross and Waster-ex, I want to get soon so the cost of the flights don't go up.

gary27 wrote: »
    I'm planning on the 16th April with Ross and Waster-ex, I want to get soon so the cost of the flights don't go up.

Yea the closer it gets the dearer they will be. I may look yiz all up when I get there :D

Yea the closer it gets the dearer they will be. I may look yiz all up when I get there :D

yeah you should do we can help you out :)

That yiz can. Ye'll have the lay of the land and the likes

yea the price is still 366 for our date gary hopefully it will continue like that for the week:D

yea the price is still 366 for our date gary hopefully it will continue like that for the week:D

yeah hopefully it does, I don't to be booking a may flight :D

• Advertisement

JK9 wrote: »
    Regards arriving in Canada, do I need to notify any of the authorities of when I plan to arrive? I'm landing in Toronto on April 25th around 9pm so could I just go straight to immigration with my letter?
    Yeah you technically have no visa on an intention until you arrive it only after they inspect proof of funds etc or whatever they do upon entry to the country that you obtain visa

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement