Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mancy85

I'm new to this forum and I was hoping someone can help :)

I forgot one of my answer's to the security questions in my Kompass, for the life of me I cannot remember the answer.
    Did anyone else have this problem?
    I sent a message through My Messages and hope they can help, but I would like to resolve this a.s.a.p.
    Any suggestions are much appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yep your screwed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

mancy85 wrote: »

I forgot one of my answer's to the security questions in my Kompass, for the life of me I cannot remember the answer.
    I sent a message through My Messages and hope they can help, but I would like to resolve this a.s.a.p.

did you apply for the second stage on mycic?

not sure if this would help but someone else had the same problem a while back; thread link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83293760
    user: DonnaBella.DD try contacting her by PM.

gary27 wrote: »
    did you apply for the second stage on mycic?

Sure did :)

• Advertisement

not sure if this would help but someone else had the same problem a while back; thread link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83293760
    user: DonnaBella.DD try contacting her by PM.

Thank you :D

Sure did :)

so your just trying to update the cic file number with the W to kompass?

so your just trying to update the cic file number with the W to kompass?

yes

yes

I dont know if it matters updating the cic file number as I heard on here some other person got their LOI without updating the cic number but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try anyway to see if it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

I dont know if it matters updating the cic file number as I heard on here some other person got their LOI without updating the cic number but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try anyway to see if it matters.

hey just on this my friend has been waiting two weeks and he has just realised today he didnt update his cic number do you think that matters ?

• Advertisement

hegarty147 wrote: »
    hey just on this my friend has been waiting two weeks and he has just realised today he didnt update his cic number do you think that matters ?

I don't know the answer to that question, on the other hand I'm waiting 18 days and I updated the cic number once I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

mancy85 I cant update my bf's iec account because it not recognising the answer to one of the security questions, i emailed them about 2 weeks ago and heard nothing back... not sure if it really matters though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sullieking1

Hey could someone please help me out with this visa thing. I completed the my cic thing and got the work permit email and I also updated my cic file number on my iec account. But in my Iec account it still says immigration assesment pending and final decision pending. Does that mean I have to wait for them to verify before I can book my flights and go or do they get verified when I go through immigration in canada? Please some1 get back to me, Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

Hey could someone please help me out with this visa thing. I completed the my cic thing and got the work permit email and I also updated my cic file number on my iec account. But in my Iec account it still says immigration assesment pending and final decision pending. Does that mean I have to wait for them to verify before I can book my flights and go or do they get verified when I go through immigration in canada? Please some1 get back to me, Cheers

Think once you get the POE your good to go, mine isn't changed yet either and I got it about 2 weeks, ill be in Canada on Wednesday so ill let you's no if it causes any problems, I shouldn't think it will but

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bay

I'm in the same boat, i got my LOI on the 24th of feb and only put the code in then too, they called it two different things, very confusing!

Im still hesitant to book flights without having the status's change from pending, its been nearly two weeks now, getting itchy feet!

why sure you have your visa that's all that counts immigration wont ask you to sign in to the kompass account to prove its verified as-long as you have the visa your grand:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KayleyLD

Hey,
    im kinda in the same boat with visafirst...The last email I got from the IEC was late on 15th Feb...On the same date I emailed off the last of my required stuff and PRESUMED they'd deal with it quite quickly.After reading your post I rang them yesterday to find out they've done nothin yet.Some excuse about the system crashing due to the amount of people uploading their stuff.I'll be ringing again tomorrow to follow up and if I get no joy Ill be looking to speak to someone about it...And Ill be ringing them EVERY DAY....Have u contacted them recently??

Hey, i assume your speaking to me! havn't been on this in a while! Im 3 weeks now without hearing anything! I rang them yesterday but noone was answering the phones so I left a message!! Im starting to panic now as I have to leave on the 3rd of April :/ did you get through to them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

that happened to me, i didn't forget it just wouldn't recognise one of them. you just have to update your security questions and it will then work :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NwyXwn72kc

Never give up guys the visa will be hear soon then we have our chance to make sum thing of ourselves in a new country:D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

I'm now on day 28 with no word back from the CIC. Stress is killing me.

On the plus side its sunny as hell out and I'm gonna drink some beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Tonto86 wrote: »
    I'm now on day 28 with no word back from the CIC. Stress is killing me.

On the plus side its sunny as hell out and I'm gonna drink some beer

hi tonto

i see you in canada atm so i presume your applying for your second iec visa. i have my visa from last year and have not travelled yet so ill be applying again next year. was the process much different for you this year since you alreay have a visa? did you have to get another garda cert and a police cert from canada? just wondering what i will need to do when renewing mine next year

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

m.j.w wrote: »

hi tonto

i see you in canada atm so i presume your applying for your second iec visa. i have my visa from last year and have not travelled yet so ill be applying again next year. was the process much different for you this year since you alreay have a visa? did you have to get another garda cert and a police cert from canada? just wondering what i will need to do when renewing mine next year

Exact same process buddy. They did say an Irish police cert wasn't required but I submitted one anyway. They also said they didn't need a Canadian police cert as they have access to them records but then they started asking sine people for it and not others.

Basically it's the same process but with a **** load more stress cause you got a lot more to loose if it don't go through!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

amster wrote: »
    that happened to me, i didn't forget it just wouldn't recognise one of them. you just have to update your security questions and it will then work :)

Hey Amster, Im having the same problem where it wont recognise an answer to the security ques but I cant even update the security questions coz it still wont recognise it?? I know the answer is right coz I wrote them down when I was setting up the account........

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blueprince

Hey is anyona already waiting 5 weeks for the poe ?? Im yet in week 3 but have to start my work in vancouver soon and cant wait too long. MAXIMUM TWO MORE WEEKS... but still nothing yet :(

Let me know thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

blueprince wrote: »
    Hey is anyona already waiting 5 weeks for the poe ?? Im yet in week 3 but have to start my work in vancouver soon and cant wait too long. MAXIMUM TWO MORE WEEKS... but still nothing yet :(

Let me know thanks!

Girlfriend is waiting 20 days herself, Getting a bit worried now as she hasnt been asked for additional information or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

My husband is on day 26! I got mine 10 days ago but can't book anything to he gets his which means we can't even enjoy the thought of going!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Did you input a UCI number into the 1295 form? I too was in Canada in 2007/08, so it was under SWAP/USIT - not sure if I should use that old number in there though? Some on here saying to leave it blank, others on fb saying if you participated before you'll have a UCI so input it?

It's all just getting a tad complicated for no reason!!!

CatMc48, did you insert a UCI number??
    i was in Canada in 2011, on my Letter of Introduction i have a Permit Number but no UCI number, i presume they're the same??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

blueprince wrote: »

Let me know thanks!

girlfriend is on day 29... bad times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

gambit83 wrote: »
    CatMc48, did you insert a UCI number??
    i was in Canada in 2011, on my Letter of Introduction i have a Permit Number but no UCI number, i presume they're the same??

Hi there,
    Yep I put in the Client ID -it's on the right hand side of my old work permit (that's attached into your passport). It's an 8 digit number separated with a hyphen, and as far as I can remember there's literally room for 8 characters when you're electronically filling in the E1295 form, so you leave the hyphen out.

I did a lot of google searching before coming to the conclusion that the Client ID is the UCI, so I hope it's right! Lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Yep I put in the Client ID -it's on the right hand side of my old work permit (that's attached into your passport). It's an 8 digit number separated with a hyphen, and as far as I can remember there's literally room for 8 characters when you're electronically filling in the E1295 form, so you leave the hyphen out.

I did a lot of google searching before coming to the conclusion that the Client ID is the UCI, so I hope it's right! Lol!

great, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement