Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hdowney wrote: »
    From this year on it is solely digital

Really? thank christ, I hate sending off forms or faxing things, pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

photo.jpg

will dis photo do for unloading .right size anyhow takin off digital camera
    no too sure bout shoulders .dont mind the head either, ha
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Anyone know what the main reasons are for being refused the visa? I have read a few threads about application errors but I mean if they ask for CV's are they pick and choosing the candidates with better qualifications etc?

Thanks

sully2010 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the main reasons are for being refused the visa? I have read a few threads about application errors but I mean if they ask for CV's are they pick and choosing the candidates with better qualifications etc?

Thanks

Isn't it first come first served?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

the main reason i think would be dates not matching up between the iec part and your cv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

sully2010 wrote: »

Thanks

From what I gather the only reason for application refusal is been found to be inadmissible due to criminal convictions. I have degrees, certs and over 10 years experience in my field ….. this ,in no way, will give me preference over any other applicant, in fact isn’t it the pubs, restaurants & resorts they expect you to work in…..jobs that normally don’t require a great deal of experience (to get started in). So wouldn’t be worried, the CV request is down to the fact that you are applying for a work holiday.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

krudler wrote: »
    with the Garda cert, I just went into the station, they filled out a form with all my details, previous addresses etc, I got a sheet out a few days later confirming I'd never had any convictions, but it doesnt have passport info or anything, is that the right one?

edit: its stamped, and signed by the chief superintendant, i checked online who the one in the closest station was and its the same guy, guess thats it?

I done the exact same thing and probably the same as yours as well. I hope it's the right one!

dmags wrote: »
    I done the exact same thing and probably the same as yours as well. I hope it's the right one!

Its stamped, dated, signed by the local superintendant, looks like it is, anyone got one thats something different?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Its stamped, dated, signed by the local superintendant, looks like it is, anyone got one thats something different?
    Thats the one I got last year and it worked fine.. Don't worry. bit concerned about the pics though - inwas just plannin to upload a jpeg pg my [assport pic, but i've no idea what the dimensions of a passport pic are!!!

No, it sounds exactly like my one.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

Quick question for anyone here -

I presume "Proof that you meet the requirements of the job being offered" (under supporting documents) is your CV?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Is there a checklist out already? Just wondering how everyone knows exactly what to have ready, eg digital photos to upload, dimensions, etc?
    I know the police certs are a standard and have to be dated within 3 mths yeah? Also, is the standard disclosure name check ok for an Australian police check does anyone know?

minnow12 wrote: »
    Thats the one I got last year and it worked fine.. Don't worry. bit concerned about the pics though - inwas just plannin to upload a jpeg pg my [assport pic, but i've no idea what the dimensions of a passport pic are!!![/Qhttp://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.aspUOTE]

that from 2011 on there site ,but ive hearing its bigger off someone else so dont know wat too belive ,im goin hold off on uploading photo till i get more info
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Is there a checklist out already? Just wondering how everyone knows exactly what to have ready, eg digital photos to upload, dimensions, etc?
    I know the police certs are a standard and have to be dated within 3 mths yeah? Also, is the standard disclosure name check ok for an Australian police check does anyone know?

check list is out ,
    irish garda cert is valid for 1 year for date of issue
    oz name check /police cert is valid for 3months from date of issue i got mine last weekr

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

check list is out ,
    oz name check /police cert is valid for 3months from date of issue i got mine last weekr

Where can I get this checklist

ladybird23 wrote: »

use the come to canada wizard...that will give you one:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Jeezus i taught something new had happened :o

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Jeezus i taught something new had happened :o

Nah Ross nothing new ,its still moving in slow motion :D

ladybird23 wrote: »

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

set up account here and just follow instructions :)

check list is out ,

That's great, thanks for that. Need to send off for both- just got my name changed as recently married so was waiting on my passport to come back. Won't be able to apply for IEC as soon as it opens, but hopefully will have all in order for it in a few weeks!
    Do you mind me asking did you get a standard Oz check or the one with fingerprints? Trying to get an answer on this for a while so seeing as you just got one your my reliable source to ask now :) lol

• Advertisement

That's great, thanks for that. Need to send off for both- just got my name changed as recently married so was waiting on my passport to come back. Won't be able to apply for IEC as soon as it opens, but hopefully will have all in order for it in a few weeks!
    Do you mind me asking did you get a standard Oz check or the one with fingerprints? Trying to get an answer on this for a while so seeing as you just got one your my reliable source to ask now :) lol

just standard one think cost 45 dollars
    i posted my id and proof address and copy birth-cert and they got lost ,so make sure u send them in PDF, it took bout 3/4 weeks to get and i had too ring them too speed it up, just keep onto of them if u need it asap :)
    ps they dont answer emails i had too ring the feckers :mad:

just standard one think cost 45 dollars
    i posted my id and proof address and copy birth-cert and they got lost ,so make sure u send them in PDF, it took bout 3/4 weeks to get and i had too ring them too speed it up, just keep onto of them if u need it asap :)
    ps they dont answer emails i had too ring the feckers :mad:

Great, thanks for that.
    Yeah I emailed them asking what one I need at the beginning of jan and no reply! But I did start the application through an online form and paid for the one that's around $45 so was hoping I was getting the right one! I need to mail them on the completed form with a few diff id's to make 100points on their checklist. So am going to send scanned passport, birth cert and utility bill - hopefully that'll suffice!
    I'll know now to ring them if I need any info - so much for them advertising their email for all queries!!

Great, thanks for that.
    Yeah I emailed them asking what one I need at the beginning of jan and no reply! But I did start the application through an online form and paid for the one that's around $45 so was hoping I was getting the right one! I need to mail them on the completed form with a few diff id's to make 100points on their checklist. So am going to send scanned passport, birth cert and utility bill - hopefully that'll suffice!
    I'll know now to ring them if I need any info - so much for them advertising their email for all queries!!

yeah thats same documents what i sent was grand ,long form birthcert can be done half and half cause wont fit scanner ,unless u want go shop where photocopier is and reduce it .
    best of luck with it ,im off bed

Does the IEC require a medical? I have mild arthritis so I'll have to ask my doc what the story is with getting a prescription for any meds I need, which aren't much, I'm in good health otherwise though, presume its a standard medical checkup?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Does anyone know how we sign the forms? Is this some kind of digital signature upload?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

Anyone any idea on this?

Quick question for anyone here -

I presume "Proof that you meet the requirements of the job being offered" (under supporting documents) is your CV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cypressg

Hi guys,
    2 Quick questions
    1.Does it matter whether the items to be scanned(passport & photo's) are scanned in colour or black and white?
    2.Do I have to scan my birth cert also?

Does the IEC require a medical? I have mild arthritis so I'll have to ask my doc what the story is with getting a prescription for any meds I need, which aren't much, I'm in good health otherwise though, presume its a standard medical checkup?

As far as I'm aware you only need to get a medical done depending on the type of work you're going to do - ie teachers, nurses, etc - I don't think you need one for the general application.

That's the way it was a few years back anyway. Sorry I don't have the exact answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

As far as I'm aware you only need to get a medical done depending on the type of work you're going to do - ie teachers, nurses, etc - I don't think you need one for the general application.

That's the way it was a few years back anyway. Sorry I don't have the exact answer.

You're right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I have to work my medications out also. I am hoping to get 3 mth script before I go, but I doubt my pharmacist will prescribe the 3mths so the 2nd and 3rd I'll probably have to get over there. Dunno if they'l accept my irish scripts or if I have to go to a doc and get them converted. I am hoping to be on less meds before I leave (trying to lose weight which I hope will help) but I am b12 deficiant and get 3mthly injections of it and have to (for goodness knows why reason) take folic acid with it, that one won't change unfortch :(

Yep correct.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement