Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    I haven't heard back from them but I just emailed them yesterday since they say their processing time is 30 days at the NY office. I have a feeling that might be calendar days though so I'll have to wait until next week and send another email if that is the case.

How did you find out that yours was being processed at the NY office?
    I'm just going on some old comment, but is it the general consensus that all 2nd time applicants are going through NY?

Any second timers get theirs yet? I wasn't asked for a police cert, I know some were, was that ever sorted out? The originally said we didn't need them.

I have an application in since mid Feb.....tick tock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea mine was in the alberta office:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

How did you find out that yours was being processed at the NY office?
    I'm just going on some old comment, but is it the general consensus that all 2nd time applicants are going through NY?

Any second timers get theirs yet? I wasn't asked for a police cert, I know some were, was that ever sorted out? The originally said we didn't need them.

I have an application in since mid Feb.....tick tock!

I called the CIC office 1-888-242-2100 and asked where my application had been sent and they told me NY. This is when the lady also commented that 90% of applications from within Canada were sent to this office. I'm not sure how accurate that is since everyone seems to be getting different answers on that.

If you call don't let them just say "oh all applications are processed at ....." Give them your client ID (if you have one otherwise the application number) and ask them to specifically look up your application and confirm the office it went to. I've heard a bunch of people who called but didn't give their client ID/application # and the agent just said in general they go here.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Just wondering has anyone on here gotten their IEC updated and final decision changed?
    Not bothered as have the POE, but just wondering have some people's been fully finished

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jaybommber

Quick Question
    I currently have an visa for the one year iec program and am looking to validate it before and I am wondering about the flights I need to book
    1 Can I book a One way flight with proof of funds for a return flight to buy at a later date in canada
    2 Do i need to book a return flight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

jaybommber wrote: »
    Quick Question
    I currently have an visa for the one year iec program and am looking to validate it before and I am wondering about the flights I need to book
    1 Can I book a One way flight with proof of funds for a return flight to buy at a later date in canada
    2 Do i need to book a return flight

most people are booking a one way ticket, I'm sure that will be ok even if your going on the 1 year one.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

What email address do you contact iec on? They sent me a message in my kompass acc,and i cant open it, all the heading says is CIC. ???

minnow12 wrote: »
    What email address do you contact iec on? They sent me a message in my kompass acc,and i cant open it, all the heading says is CIC. ???

you can send them a email in kompass in messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Hi, I am trying to log on to my girlfriend's IEC Kompass account and when I enter the e mail address and password it says one of them is invalid. Then when I try to go to forgot password and I enter the e mail address it says e mail not valid. It's as if it has been wiped off the system. Is this normal? We can still log on to the CIC page and she has received no further messages since submitting all her forms to the CIC. Can the people who have their POE still get on to the Kompass account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea i logged in an hour ago an all was fine mate.

• Advertisement

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea i logged in an hour ago an all was fine mate.

cheers got it sorted there, was freaking out for a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chaow

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Odd one here

Just received a msg from CIC stating that they need me to submit a copy of my passport with all details clearly indicated within 30 days or I'll be refused. I have already submited it with my application and the scan is as clear as can possibly be. They havn't specified if they want me to email it or if they want me to post it.

Anyone else have the same thing?

Hey there, I got something like this from CIC too. Dis they request this via email or on your my application page on CIC?? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

del777 wrote: »
    Hey Amster, Im having the same problem where it wont recognise an answer to the security ques but I cant even update the security questions coz it still wont recognise it?? I know the answer is right coz I wrote them down when I was setting up the account........

it's fairly annoying alright, i wrote them down too and thought maybe i had finally gone mad because of the whole process but i knew i was right, thankfully it allowed me to update the security question. id imagine its just a bug in their system and they might even know about it but just cant be bothered letting people know. i emailed them when it happened and weeks later i got an email back saying that due to the amount of emails they had received from people that they hadn't had time to respond to me straight away but that they hope i have found an answer to my question! you have to laugh in fairness! :) im sure it is fine if you cant update the cic number as im sure i saw people on here say they have gotten their LOI's without updating it. i never received a confirmation email from the CIC when i submitted my app, just the homepage had the W**** number on it that was it, and I received my LOI so im sure itl b grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

Anyone out there wait or waiting more than 31 days??? That have applied from Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Make sure and Sign the form with the same date you submit the rest of thedocs! -

Ah crap, I'll prob be asked for this to be done again so!! We signed ours off a day or two before everything was uploaded and submitted!!

A bit of a silly request though considering you have X amount of days to complete the CIC application, you think they'd allow for people uploading things one at a time and the dates being a little bit different!

How long did it take them to come back to other people and ask for docs to be re-submitted? We submitted 1st March, haven't had any requests yet.

POE received last night only took 20 days :D

gary27 wrote: »

Well done gary27!!! Of all people, for all of your help you def deserved it :D

Best of luck in Canada!!

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Well done gary27!!! Of all people, for all of your help you def deserved it :D

Best of luck in Canada!!

thank you, best of luck to yourself when you get to canada :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Best of luck Gary, thanks for ur assistance with the visa photo

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

Boom POE has finally landed!!!

Question though...under the visa type mine says "Permit-WP" I'm guessing that means Work Permit....Does anyone elses say something different like "Working Holiday Permit"....Just making sure I got the right one haha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Great news buddy, you fully deserve it :D, drinks in canada for celebration when i get mine and will be over to, well hopefully anyway butt you truly deserve this as well other that have been great help the likes of me and other people :D, best of luck over and hopefully see you over there at some stage!

Great news buddy, you fully deserve it :D, drinks in canada for celebration when i get mine and will be over to, well hopefully anyway butt you truly deserve this as well other that have been great help the likes of me and other people :D, best of luck over and hopefully see you over there at some stage!

thanks mate, I see you over there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DJ49

Hi, I have a quick question about the IMM1295 form. I filled in the previous employment for the last 10 years and provided extra information that would not fit on the form in a letter of explanation. However I only went back to 2006 in my employment history as this was my first job and before that I was in school.
    I now think I should have explained this in my form but have already submitted it, do you think they will ask for this extra information if they need it? I have put all the dates of my education in my cv but I'm worried they won't cross check. Any advice is much appreciated.
    Thankyou

Boom POE has finally landed!!!

Question though...under the visa type mine says "Permit-WP" I'm guessing that means Work Permit....Does anyone elses say something different like "Working Holiday Permit"....Just making sure I got the right one haha!!

How long were you waiting??

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Congrats Gary!! Delighted for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

nice 1 gary, fair play to ya. you deserve it m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

3 cheeers for Gary who not only got his own POE today but has helped many many others in getting theirs with his constant tips and here. So much more helpful than the likes of Usit and go4less.

All the best in Canada!

girlfriend got hers last night aswell!! she sent her stuff to cic on the 19th feb

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dextersworld_

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Ah crap, I'll prob be asked for this to be done again so!! We signed ours off a day or two before everything was uploaded and submitted!!

A bit of a silly request though considering you have X amount of days to complete the CIC application, you think they'd allow for people uploading things one at a time and the dates being a little bit different!

How long did it take them to come back to other people and ask for docs to be re-submitted? We submitted 1st March, haven't had any requests yet.

They came back to me about a week later by email to my personal email account so I replied immediately, but that was in the early stages, you might get away with it, depends on the civil servant I guess.
    Good luck with your application!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 swirls427

ANyone still waiting for the conditional acceptance letter????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement