Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

swirls427 wrote: »
    ANyone still waiting for the conditional acceptance letter????

is that for the Irish IEC visa? if so when did you get payment verified?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 swirls427

hi gary27! Ya its for the irish one. payment was verified on March 3rd. I had to resubmit my passport but that was done two weeks ago!

hi gary27! Ya its for the irish one. payment was verified on March 3rd. I had to ersubmit my passport but that was done two weeks ago!

it usually doesn't take that long after payment verified, just hang in there.

gary27 wrote: »
    it usually doesn't take that long after payment verified, just hang in there.
    DO you think I would have heard if i was rejected? Do you know if there is a number to ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

Well people, getting a bit lost here.. Ive uploaded all necessary documents for the CIC part and waiting reply, been waiting the last 2 weeks without a word. I was hoping to be gone before may, ideally mid April but I'm beginning to think that myth be a bit optimistic.. Is this waiting the final stage of the application?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea mate your just waiting for the loi can take up to 30 days unforntualy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

I'm on day 29 now! Start in to loose all hope

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Tonto86 wrote: »
    I'm on day 29 now! Start in to loose all hope

Keep the faith man it could be that they process applications made from within Canada till last.

DO you think I would have heard if i was rejected? Do you know if there is a number to ring?

yes I would say they would be in contact if something was wrong, nothing else you can do but wait unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea mate your just waiting for the loi can take up to 30 days unforntualy:(
    Shiite, I'm hoping they won't call me for a medical either due to the diabetes, that'll surely add more delay... Christ thIs is a drawn Out process

• Advertisement

jeez they probably will i am afraid:(

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Day 18 waiting and counting.... la la la!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Shiite, I'm hoping they won't call me for a medical either due to the diabetes, that'll surely add more delay... Christ thIs is a drawn Out process

Are you planning on working in the medical field, with kids or the elderly? If you answered yes to those questions on the Come to Canada wizard it would come up in MyCIC that you required a medical. If not they don't ask anywhere else for a medical so they wouldn't know you had diabetes unless you mentioned it somewhere on the application.

yes I would say they would be in contact if something was wrong, nothing else you can do but wait unfortunately.
    Sorry Gary I got my dates mixed up. Payment was verified on 3rd Feb . . .

Sorry Gary I got my dates mixed up. Payment was verified on 3rd Feb . . .

ok then that was a while back, your passport resubmit must have slowed things down, just hold on another while they should get back to you.

ok then that was a while back, your passport resubmit must have slowed things down, just hold on another while they should get back to you.
    Thanks Gary! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

AE56 wrote: »
    Anyone out there wait or waiting more than 31 days??? That have applied from Ireland??

Anyone???? Starting to stress big time :(:(

AE56 wrote: »
    Anyone???? Starting to stress big time :(:(

Waiting 33 days but from Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    Waiting 33 days but from Canada.

I'm in the same boat!
    I tried calling the helpline, who told me to call the New York office, they were no help whatsoever and said to email them. Needless to say the email bounced!
    This thing is going to go on forever! Groan! Moan!

I'm in the same boat!
    I tried calling the helpline, who told me to call the New York office, they were no help whatsoever and said to email them. Needless to say the email bounced!
    This thing is going to go on forever! Groan! Moan!

My visa is up Friday....looks like a visitor visa it is while I wait.

Have you tried the case specific link to contact the NY office? I was able to submit an inquiry that way and got a confirmation email. Only problem is it says they can take 28 days to respond!

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

• Advertisement

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    My visa is up Friday....looks like a visitor visa it is while I wait.

Have you tried the case specific link to contact the NY office? I was able to submit an inquiry that way and got a confirmation email. Only problem is it says they can take 28 days to respond!

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

Omg, what is the point of that!

Lads, this is a sure lesson on how not to run a business!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

I just got my Canadian police cert and when I go to upload it, it asks for country of issue but doesn't allow you to type in Canada?

Anyone experience this yet and what did you do? I have already uploaded my Irish one

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

Woohoo 10 hrs time ill be in the air anol on my way to Canada canni wait, hopefully see some of you guys on the other side soon :)

wow congrats dude where ya heading?:D

cmac8 wrote: »
    I just got my Canadian police cert and when I go to upload it, it asks for country of issue but doesn't allow you to type in Canada?

Anyone experience this yet and what did you do? I have already uploaded my Irish one

Why did you need a Canadian police cert? And an Irish one for that matter?
    I'm in Canada and they expressly said, if you are already here, you don't need a police cert?
    Now, I'm confused!!
    I put my application in without it!

Got a letter from them after I submitted my application (as did my girlfriend) that said they require a Canadian police cert. I have been in Vancouver since last July.

Uploaded the Irish one and when I went back into my application post request letter, there was a new upload tab for another police cert ( along with a tab that said submitted for the Irish one)

Why did you need a Canadian police cert? And an Irish one for that matter?
    I'm in Canada and they expressly said, if you are already here, you don't need a police cert?
    Now, I'm confused!!
    I put my application in without it!

I'm in the same boat roots. I searched the CIC site and the IEC till I found that a Canadian police cert wasn't required. Then I emailed the CIC for confirmation .Submitted mine without a Canadian cert based on this.

I read on this thread a while back someone in Canada got asked for a Canadian cert. To be honest the requirements seeem random and differ officer to officer.

Tonto86 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat roots. I searched the CIC site and the IEC till I found that a Canadian police cert wasn't required. Then I emailed the CIC for confirmation .Submitted mine without a Canadian cert based on this.

I read on this thread a while back someone in Canada got asked for a Canadian cert. To be honest the requirements seeem random and differ officer to officer.

This is really ridiculous.
    I'm not paying $50 for a Canadian cert until I'm told it's a must.
    I don't see the point in asking for a police cert from Ireland when I don't live there! I'll await instructions.

It's fair annoying now at this stage.

This is really ridiculous.
    I'm not paying $50 for a Canadian cert until I'm told it's a must.
    I don't see the point in asking for a police cert from Ireland when I don't live there! I'll await instructions.

It's fair annoying now at this stage.

I know the feelin bro. My visa is up on bloody Thursday! I came over in March last year so I'd have loads of time to reapply but its been a nightmare

• Advertisement

It is incredible stuff what is going on. I thought, surely it couldn't be as bad as last year but it seems to be worse.

It got $45 dollars in the end and took until 6 working days to arrive.

Worst is, having gone through the process of getting it, I go in trying to upload it and it doesn't give me the option of putting in Canada as country of issue.

Seriously getting fed up at this stage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement