Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

Question for people on the IEC. Am I right in saying that when you apply for your visa with IEC your passport has to be valid for the entire period of the visa? Therefore making it impossible that IEC people wouldn't be renewing their Irish passports via the embassy in Ottawa?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    wow congrats dude where ya heading?:D

Heading to Regina but ill be defs heading your way for a holiday in the summer, would love to meet up with a few of you guys for a session :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bay

Hi guys, I couldn't find this on the IEC FAQ so maybe someone knows, I plan on booking a one way flight, as I obviously cant book a return for two years time.

Are they going to need proof of funds for a return flight too or how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

cmac8 wrote: »
    It is incredible stuff what is going on. I thought, surely it couldn't be as bad as last year but it seems to be worse.

It got $45 dollars in the end and took until 6 working days to arrive.

Worst is, having gone through the process of getting it, I go in trying to upload it and it doesn't give me the option of putting in Canada as country of issue.

Seriously getting fed up at this stage

Out of curiosity did they request a Canadian police cert

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

On the IMM1295 form, what goes in the box with UCI in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 dextersworld_

nothing, you leave it blank unless your currently in Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

bay wrote: »
    Hi guys, I couldn't find this on the IEC FAQ so maybe someone knows, I plan on booking a one way flight, as I obviously cant book a return for two years time.

Are they going to need proof of funds for a return flight too or how does that work?

I entered Canada just last Sunday and never got asked. Also had a 1 way flight. Didn't get asked about insurance or anything either. But that's not to say you won't, I had proof of funds and also insurance with me in case I was asked....

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Ah crap, I'll prob be asked for this to be done again so!! We signed ours off a day or two before everything was uploaded and submitted!!

A bit of a silly request though considering you have X amount of days to complete the CIC application, you think they'd allow for people uploading things one at a time and the dates being a little bit different!

How long did it take them to come back to other people and ask for docs to be re-submitted? We submitted 1st March, haven't had any requests yet.

i filled out my family info form a week before i completed the application form and submitted the whole application and I got my LOI on the 28th of Feb....I'm sure you will be fine! :)

EvilDead13 wrote: »

My visa is up Friday....looks like a visitor visa it is while I wait.

Have you tried the case specific link to contact the NY office? I was able to submit an inquiry that way and got a confirmation email. Only problem is it says they can take 28 days to respond!

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

How are you guys applying for the visitor visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

if anyone is interested in playing soccer or getting involved in any way with a team in Toronto give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

if anyone is interested in playing soccer or getting involved in any way with a team in Toronto give me a shout.

This is the Stage 1 discussion thread only.
    The thread you are looking for is here brah!:)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056888969

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Tonto86 wrote: »
    How are you guys applying for the visitor visa?

Going to do it online through CIC. Need to do the come to Canada wizard again and say you want to visit less than 6 months etc. You get a personal checklist code and use the Apply Online option in your MyCIC account. Costs $75.

Going to do it online through CIC. Need to do the come to Canada wizard again and say you want to visit less than 6 months etc. You get a personal checklist code and use the Apply Online option in your MyCIC account. Costs $75.

Interesting, I was thinking of doing the same but applying for open work permit. Both ways won't be processed for at least 4 weeks and be on implied status.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

can you enter the country through any port, regardless of what you put down in your application.

Tried to upload my big form last night and was having issues with it, the program eventually failed on me, so went to bed.

The battle resumes tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

Panthro wrote: »
    This is the Stage 1 discussion thread only.
    The thread you are looking for is here brah!:)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056888969

cheers for the nod in the right direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blueprince

already waiting 3 weeks today for my POE !! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

blueprince wrote: »
    already waiting 3 weeks today for my POE !! :(

you will get it ... positive thinking!! works every time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Also waiting 3 weeks today
    In case pps dont know this, as I only recently discover this, if you have worked this year, you can claim tax back on what you have paid to date if you arent going to be working on the ROI for reminder of year

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

Are you planning on working in the medical field, with kids or the elderly? If you answered yes to those questions on the Come to Canada wizard it would come up in MyCIC that you required a medical. If not they don't ask anywhere else for a medical so they wouldn't know you had diabetes unless you mentioned it somewhere on the application.
    Recklessly mentioned in in the IMM1295, stupid decision in hindsight. Cheers for the input man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Johanna3 wrote: »
    Also waiting 3 weeks today
    In case pps dont know this, as I only recently discover this, if you have worked this year, you can claim tax back on what you have paid to date if you arent going to be working on the ROI for reminder of year

Hi Johanna,
    Similar, I'm waiting 4 weeks now and no word!
    I am in Canada and claimed my tax back for last year, which was great :-)

Actually I miss calculated, waiting two weeks to the day, so ten business days, I will give it another week before I go into panic mode

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Johanna3 wrote: »
    Actually I miss calculated, waiting two weeks to the day, so ten business days, I will give it another week before I go into panic mode

I was waiting almost 3 weeks until I got mines, you will get it soon enough.

I'm waiting a month! Have to stop working tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

sorry to hear that, will you be going on a visitor visa until you get the poe?

Hopefully it will come through soon for you, can you get with same employer once the visa is granted?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Look up the Moving to Vancouver Facebook page.
    I spotted a post recently about a girl in a similar position to yourself, IIRC she said she is allowed to stay on past her current Visa and continue to work so long as she can prove she is in the middle of getting a 2nd Visa.
    Snag is while she's waiting, she can't leave Canada or her job.

Well worth reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

Yeah im waiting for about 3/4 weeks now too. I never provided a police cert from my time in Scotland so id say ill get asked for that. I just wish theyd let me know already so i can get it sorted. Need all this done by the start of May

And I now join the ranks of those who are waiting...

Anyone have any cards?

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    And I now join the ranks of those who are waiting...

Anyone have any cards?

Whiskey buddy, at this stage we need whiskey

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement