Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Johanna3 wrote: »
    Also waiting 3 weeks today
    In case pps dont know this, as I only recently discover this, if you have worked this year, you can claim tax back on what you have paid to date if you arent going to be working on the ROI for reminder of year

Just wondering how do you go about this? Do you mean Canadian tax or tax paid while working in irl?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 clodgh

flight booked Toronto 30th april ,,230euro cheap enough
    no going back now

You flying with Air Transat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

For anyone not wanting to go to the main areas BC,Alberta Ontario etc. i came across this article the moneys not as good but i would imagine life would be just great:)http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/newfoundland/story/2013/03/13/nl-loyola-hearn-irish-workers-313.html

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    For anyone not wanting to go to the main areas BC,Alberta Ontario etc. i came across this article the moneys not as good but i would imagine life would be just great:)http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/newfoundland/story/2013/03/13/nl-loyola-hearn-irish-workers-313.html

Ah hey now Ross, don't you start jumping on the Newfoundland bandwagon :p

I want the Newfies all to myself :P

Hahaha i aint i was only pointing out;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

Does the POE come to your MyCIC or iKompass accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Shalamov wrote: »
    Does the POE come to your MyCIC or iKompass accounts?

it comes to your mycic account, you get email notification in your personal email acc about message in mycic.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Hahaha i aint i was only pointing out;)

It looks like kinsale in cork, very small but nice and peaceful away from a busy city but looks nice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Come to Nova Scotia lads!
    I'm here on my own!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Shit Fuck Cunt Bastard

My hotmail account has gone haywire. it looks like it has been hacked or hit with a virus or something. I cant get into any of my emails or anything meaning I wont be able to see any emails from USIT, CIC or IEC. SOme clown on the phone is trying to charge me £200 to fix it. Is there any way of contacting these groups to change your address?

i was on my account this morning and it was fine. it seems to be part of this bastard change to Outlook. Both happened at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Shit Fuck Cunt Bastard

My hotmail account has gone haywire. it looks like it has been hacked or hit with a virus or something. I cant get into any of my emails or anything meaning I wont be able to see any emails from USIT, CIC or IEC. SOme clown on the phone is trying to charge me £200 to fix it. Is there any way of contacting these groups to change your address?

you need to change your password right away and run your anitivirus software, it happened to me before.
    also i wouldn't be giving someone 200 to fix problem, thats a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Day 35 of waiting with no communication from CIC........I think I'm going a little nutty. :p

Shit Fuck Cunt Bastard

i was on my account this morning and it was fine. it seems to be part of this bastard change to Outlook. Both happened at the same time.

You can still log in directly to iec and cic to check mail. Do you have another address you can ring usit and supply? Should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bay

Bd84 wrote: »
    Think once you get the POE your good to go, mine isn't changed yet either and I got it about 2 weeks, ill be in Canada on Wednesday so ill let you's no if it causes any problems, I shouldn't think it will but

How did it go Bd84?, are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

bay wrote: »
    How did it go Bd84?, are you in?

So landed in toronto last night, after you hand security ur immigration card they put you threw into a different section wer you have to get ur visa, there was a biggish queue there and it took me about a half an hr to get up to the guy on the desk, he never asked for any proof of funds or insurance it was so easy and straight forward, I will say this but if your getting another connecting flight make sure you give yourself at least 3 or 4 hrs if that queue had of been much bigger I would have been cutting it fine, and there was a few people in the queue that actually missed there connecting flight, all in all fairly simple process a lot easier than applying for them anyway lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bay

Bd84 wrote: »
    So landed in toronto last night, after you hand security ur immigration card they put you threw into a different section wer you have to get ur visa, there was a biggish queue there and it took me about a half an hr to get up to the guy on the desk, he never asked for any proof of funds or insurance it was so easy and straight forward, I will say this but if your getting another connecting flight make sure you give yourself at least 3 or 4 hrs if that queue had of been much bigger I would have been cutting it fine, and there was a few people in the queue that actually missed there connecting flight, all in all fairly simple process a lot easier than applying for them anyway lol

congrats! il get booking my flights, cheers for the tip on the connecting flight

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Anyone hear of any POE's issued in the last 2 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Hey JenL how long you waiting? Nobody seems to have posted today anyways about POE... im waiting since 22nd Feb... everytime I get an email I think its CIC and then a little part of me cries inside when I see its not!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

del777 wrote: »
    Hey JenL how long you waiting? Nobody seems to have posted today anyways about POE... im waiting since 22nd Feb... everytime I get an email I think its CIC and then a little part of me cries inside when I see its not!

I had to email them yesterday about a refund of a double payment, when I got an email from them today, a part of me went "Yes! I got through Stage 2!"...but they were just asking for bank account details.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

del777 wrote: »

Only waiting since 27th Feb. seen some lucky people getting theirs in only 2 weeks, including my boyf. He applied the day before me so was hoping I'd get mine the day after his came through (which did on Tuesday). POE's seem to be gone all quiet since Tuesday. No real hurry, not planning to go for a few months so its not a big deal but would be nice to have it. When are you planning on heading over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

JenL wrote: »
    Only waiting since 27th Feb. seen some lucky people getting theirs in only 2 weeks, including my boyf. He applied the day before me so was hoping I'd get mine the day after his came through (which did on Tuesday). POE's seem to be gone all quiet since Tuesday. No real hurry, not planning to go for a few months so its not a big deal but would be nice to have it. When are you planning on heading over?

Ah were not going until June but I would like to get booking flights so I can sort out exactly how much money well have etc... my mate submitted his the day before us and he got his last tuesday and I was convinced would get it the day after but nothing yet...!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

JenL wrote: »

My husband submitted his 11th feb I submitted mine 12th feb I got my LOI 28th feb n hubby still hasn't got his! We were hoping to be away wk after Easter so we are really eager to get his so we can book flights! There doesn't seem to be any order in which they are processed :(

What is a POE? Might seem like a stupid question, is it that same as the LOI?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

AE56 wrote: »
    My husband submitted his 11th feb I submitted mine 12th feb I got my LOI 28th feb n hubby still hasn't got his! We were hoping to be away wk after Easter so we are really eager to get his so we can book flights! There doesn't seem to be any order in which they are processed :(

Me & the gf both put ours through on the 11th, aint heard nothing back yet. There seems to be a batch of us from about the 9th - 12th that are processing very very slowly

What is a POE? Might seem like a stupid question, is it that same as the LOI?

Yeap its the new name for the LOI dont worry i am stupid too;):D lol

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Me & the gf both put ours through on the 11th, aint heard nothing back yet. There seems to be a batch of us from about the 9th - 12th that are processing very very slowly

My husband has litterly just got an email requesting information about a driving offence he had 13 years ago... Hopefully this means they are getting somewhere now n hopefully use will get yours sorted soon :)

yea hope so i no though if you have offences it can delay the process a lot longer:)

yea hope so i no though if you have offences it can delay the process a lot longer:)

I'm just thankful at this stage it wasn't a refusal

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Just got my POE this morning so my second year visa will be good once I cross over the border and reactivate it again. Thanks GOD

Thought I would just post a few things in case anyone else suffers the same problems. I was asked for “Client Information” which I put into the optional document section a brief letter explaining what I had done since I arrived and that I intended to stay in Vancouver etc. I put in all personal information like DOB, Application number, WTN etc. I didn’t go into much detail on the letter so just dot down a few things and that should suffice.

I was also asked for a Canadian police cert. I have been here since July ‘ 12 so over the 6 month period that some people suggested, was the reason why I had to provide this. This cost me $45 and I got it done and posted to me within 6 working days. Ring the police station before you visit them as mine was done by an external company which is a lot faster. It is a police cert that you are looking for as well, not a police check. Once I got this, I uploaded both of the documents and received my POE, 2 days later.

My girlfriend was asked for a fingerprint check, which is the same as the police cert and she uploaded the exact same document for the 2 of them (police cert and fingerprint check) on her CIC. When you are uploading them, enter the document as Canadian Police cert, No: as the long number on the top left of the sheet, country of issue as Ireland (Canada is not an option), date of issue: what is on your sheet and expiry date; a year from that.

This is what worked for my girlfriend and I so hopefully someone will find this information helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Is logging in to CiC account gone different?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement