Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭alexjk

POE came this morning! I submitted my documents on the 19th of Feb so just less than a 4 week wait. However, it has my correct address, right down until it says 'Republic of Indonesia' on it. Do you think this will be an issue and should I contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

POE in the bag! Boom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

you must of click that instead of ireland:o you may send them a message:)..congrats Dell 77:D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭alexjk

The weird thing is that all my other correspondences from them states Ireland as the country so I don't know where Indonesia is coming from suddenly. I'll send them a message and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pinkie086

Got my POE ( woohooo) but it still says pending in the IEC account does that matter?

• Advertisement

Congrats pinkie:D yea that's grand i got my poe 3 weeks ago and mine still says pending it does not matter though you have your visa your good to go:)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Day 13 and no POE yet, ah i really want it so i can into when i will go etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

giggii wrote: »
    Officially withdrew from the programme today, the job offer I had in Toronto got withdrawn a while ago and I really couldn't have afforded to go over there without the security of having a job as I was struggling to have the $2000 saved up by the time I was planning to leave in January... Plan is to save like a mad thing for the next year or two and re-apply then.

Sickened I'm not going anymore but there's no point if I'm not set up right financially... And hopefully someone who really needs to get over will be able to take my place now! :)

You have 2years to use the visa - though obviously this is only coming to light now with people getting their dated POE. There's another 10,000 next year and from what I gather the numbers from this year are not eligible to re-apply like last years batch so I can't see them depleting like this year. All the best, twas a noble decision you made :)

oh congrats del777 :D, i hope i dont have long to wait since i just really want to get out out of here asap :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 treefiddy

I got my POE introduction letter today less than 24hrs after submitting my application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

treefiddy wrote: »
    I got my POE introduction letter today less than 24hrs after submitting my application

WOWZA. Who'd u bribe/sleep with haha. Lucky you, you can really enjoy the long Paddy's weekend now!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

I wouldn't be saying how fast you got the POE on here :D

Lucky son of a gun...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Just wondering how do you go about this? Do you mean Canadian tax or tax paid while working in irl?

so how do you claim this tax back?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

I got my visa!!!! Woooohoooooooo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 treefiddy

I cant believe i got it so quick i was thinking when i got the email i didnt fill in the forms right or something then i seen it was poe letter was delighted nervous now gonna be travelling alone and it will be tough to less than a year since i was badly injured in an accident have a lot of metal in my leg and knee and no cartilage it was in bits i just hope it doesn't give me bother

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Day 36 and I got a response from the New York visa office and all it said was "Your application is in the queue for assessment"....Seriously? That's all the info they're going to give me!? Argh so frustrating. Submitting the visitor visa application tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    Day 36 and I got a response from the New York visa office and all it said was "Your application is in the queue for assessment"....Seriously? That's all the info they're going to give me!? Argh so frustrating. Submitting the visitor visa application tonight :(

That is insane. I'm waiting since mid Feb too, no word, no replies or indications. I've turned 36 since the process started so I'm probably not going to get it anyway. So disappointed on how it's been run this year.
    Best of luck with the visitor application.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

Bd84 wrote: »
    So landed in toronto last night, after you hand security ur immigration card they put you threw into a different section wer you have to get ur visa, there was a biggish queue there and it took me about a half an hr to get up to the guy on the desk, he never asked for any proof of funds or insurance it was so easy and straight forward, I will say this but if your getting another connecting flight make sure you give yourself at least 3 or 4 hrs if that queue had of been much bigger I would have been cutting it fine, and there was a few people in the queue that actually missed there connecting flight, all in all fairly simple process a lot easier than applying for them anyway lol
    That is insane. I'm waiting since mid Feb too, no word, no replies or indications. I've turned 36 since the process started so I'm probably not going to get it anyway. So disappointed on how it's been run this year.
    Best of luck with the visitor application.
    If you turned 36 after application was received by CIC, you are fine. Read FAQ for more info.

smitas5 wrote: »
    If you turned 36 after application was received by CIC, you are fine. Read FAQ for more info.

I know, I've read it but I honestly don't trust them at this stage.
    They're changing rules at a rate of knots, it depends who you get on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

Well even if they will refuse, they can't give you reason for being over 35..

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

im sort of in the same boat, i submitted my application to mycic last thursday, im not 36 till june, i hope ive got my POE by then, hopefully

why not? there is an age limit so surely if that age limit is passed that would be the reason application is refused?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Day 33, old visa has expired, lost my ability to work, people now getting them in 24 hours.

.... starting to crack a little

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Day 33, old visa has expired, lost my ability to work, people now getting them in 24 hours.

I know the feeling.
    So sorry to hear of your predicament. What a b*lls.
    Hope you can make the most of the weekend and enjoy yourself regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 oreilly09

hi there, i got a message last night asking me to go into my cic account ( email ) however when I logged on it just asked me to enter four ( new ) security questions and answers...........after this i proceeded and to my disappointment my inbox was empty. as you can imagine i thought i had gotten the poe but naaaaaaaaaaa......anyone know what this is about ?! cheers.......... 4 weeks waiting

Tonto86 wrote: »

Day 36 here so I feel your pain. What day did you submit and did you call CIC to find out what office your application is at? It appears that most people applying from Canada between the 6th-12th have been waiting longer than most.

Day 36 here so I feel your pain. What day did you submit and did you call CIC to find out what office your application is at? It appears that most people applying from Canada between the 6th-12th have been waiting longer than most.

Likewise, applying from Canada, they say it's being processed in New York. The website says it takes two months.
    What a dose!

Likewise, applying from Canada, they say it's being processed in New York. The website says it takes two months.
    What a dose!

CIC website say 2 months but that has also not been updated since January I believe. Also if you go to the NY website it says their processing time for work permits is a minimum of 30 days. So it could be anywhere from 30 days to 60 days it seems. So frustrating since I submitted everything as soon as I was possibly able since the current visa is up today and some people are now getting their POE letters in as little as a few days. :confused:

• Advertisement

CIC website say 2 months but that has also not been updated since January I believe. Also if you go to the NY website it says their processing time for work permits is a minimum of 30 days. So it could be anywhere from 30 days to 60 days it seems. So frustrating since I submitted everything as soon as I was possibly able since the current visa is up today and some people are now getting their POE letters in as little as a few days. :confused:

I know.
    I have a few months left but I can't make plans to stay and settle here or if I need to move home.
    It's an awful system this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement