Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

I phoned CIC last week and they said my applicaton was still at QRC in Ottawa and it's final destination is NY. I applied 19th feb for CIC part. They said the waiting times completely depend on the visa office....so it could be any time. But lads the rules in the Operational bulletin say that they can't take longer than 6 weeks for stage 2. So I wouldn't worry. Anyone else applying from Canada waiting on this?? Or did anyone get more info from CIC call centre??

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

I phoned CIC last week and they said my applicaton was still at QRC in Ottawa and it's final destination is NY. I applied 19th feb for CIC part. They said the waiting times completely depend on the visa office....so it could be any time. But lads the rules in the Operational bulletin say that they can't take longer than 6 weeks for stage 2. So I wouldn't worry. Anyone else applying from Canada waiting on this?? Or did anyone get more info from CIC call centre??

Yep I confirmed mine was in NY and got a reply from them saying that it was in the queue waiting to be processed. My 6 weeks in business days is up Thursday of next week. Applying from Canada.

I just don't know what can be done if anything if they go past the 6 weeks. I doubt anything really. A friend suggested emailing the local MLA but I really don't know how much they can do either. Really just have to wait it out as much as that sucks.

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    Yep I confirmed mine was in NY and got a reply from them saying that it was in the queue waiting to be processed. My 6 weeks in business days is up Thursday of next week. Applying from Canada.

I just don't know what can be done if anything if they go past the 6 weeks. I doubt anything really. A friend suggested emailing the local MLA but I really don't know how much they can do either. Really just have to wait it out as much as that sucks.

Nice, how did u manage to get the info out of the call center? I called about 5 times and only once I got someone willing to help...the rest seemed to be totally rude to be honest. Did you call NY too? I might give that a try. I'm on day 31 (standard days)....ahh this wait is killing me!!

Nice, how did u manage to get the info out of the call center? I called about 5 times and only once I got someone willing to help...the rest seemed to be totally rude to be honest. Did you call NY too? I might give that a try. I'm on day 31 (standard days)....ahh this wait is killing me!!

When I called I didn't ask any other questions. Just said can you look up what office my application for IEC has been sent to, gave them my client ID number to make sure they looked up my specific account. I've heard others call and the agent just gives them a general "oh they all go here" answer. The agent then asked if I wanted the NY office contact info and she emailed that to me. I don't believe the NY office takes calls.

I emailed them using this link: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

That was Monday and they responded today - not too bad of a response time BUT there was 0 information in the reply except that my application was waiting in the queue to be assessed. I'm thinking maybe because 6 weeks in business days has not passed. So that is why I'll be emailing them again next week.

I emailed them using this link: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

That was Monday and they responded today - not too bad of a response time BUT there was 0 information in the reply except that my application was waiting in the queue to be assessed. I'm thinking maybe because 6 weeks in business days has not passed. So that is why I'll be emailing them again next week.

Nice one! I just emailed them there using that link, hopefully they'll get back to me soonish. The embassy in NY is opened mon-fri from 9 to 5 so I'm guessing that's the only time processing happens, unless they've extra staff in on the weekends because of processing demand.

Where did u read that it's 6 weeks in business days? I was fairly sure it's just 6 normal weeks. That changes it to 8 normal weeks if what u say is true...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

So many people emailing, calling IEC offices just making the situation worse.. I wish some of you would understand.. Especially that you all know it can take up to 6 weeks. Everyone is in the same boat, waiting, so am I.

smitas5 wrote: »
    So many people emailing, calling IEC offices just making the situation worse.. I wish some of you would understand.. Especially that you all know it can take up to 6 weeks. Everyone is in the same boat, waiting, so am I.

How is calling to find out information making the situation worse? Unfortunately some of us can no longer work because we are waiting for the application to get processed AND we submitted it as soon as the program opened. Others have submitted theirs weeks after and gotten theirs within a few days. It's not really a surprise that seeing this has caused people to worry about what is happening to their applications and want to find out if everything is ok. If my visa didn't expire today and I had loads of time to wait it out it would be no bother. Vancouver is an expensive city to live in especially when you can't work so it's more than a little stressful.

How is calling to find out information making the situation worse? Unfortunately some of us can no longer work because we are waiting for the application to get processed AND we submitted it as soon as the program opened. Others have submitted theirs weeks after and gotten theirs within a few days. It's not really a surprise that seeing this has caused people to worry about what is happening to their applications and want to find out if everything is ok. If my visa didn't expire today and I had loads of time to wait it out it would be no bother. Vancouver is an expensive city to live in especially when you can't work so it's more than a little stressful.

Don't get me wrong, I understand some of us here depend on this to survive, but doing some research wouldn't hurt.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but having application in process might give you right to work.. Do a search on "implied status" .. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Don't get me wrong, I understand some of us here depend on this to survive, but doing some research wouldn't hurt.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but having application in process might give you right to work.. Do a search on "implied status" .. Hope this helps

I did a little research on this, according to the CIC while we can apply for a different visa/permit just to obtain implied status it may be viewed as abuse of a loophole by the visa officer.

Basically it can work but it depends on the officer. When they process your current IEC application they will check your current status in Canada. They could see your application for a different work permit as invalid and deny your IEC app.

What does work is applying for a status change to visitor, you'll get implied status as a tourist while you wait but you'll loose your ability to work

Sadly you don't get implied status to continue working on an IEC permit. I have done extensive research on this and unfortunately this only applies if you are extending your work permit. Applying for a 2nd year IEC permit is not an extension it is treated as a brand new application.

From the IEC website: "Keeping in mind that a work permit issued under the IEC initiative cannot be renewed or extended"

If you had an LMO you could apply for that and you would be able to continue working under implied status. I don't have an LMO so that isn't an option for me. I know some people have applied without this knowing they will be rejected but they can continue to work in the meantime. I'm too chicken to take a chance doing that though. I don't want to risk anything.

• Advertisement

I'm not implying to work illegally here, just a thought..

Did you guys tried PNP or experience class programs? PNP is very good to extend your visa. That depends which province you are in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shanti Shamya

I sent all my forms of on the CIC. Just realised I didnt sign two out of three sections on the family form i just signed the bottom. Does anyone know what I should do next or how i can send it off again?????????????????

I sent all my forms of on the CIC. Just realised I didnt sign two out of three sections on the family form i just signed the bottom. Does anyone know what I should do next or how i can send it off again?????????????????

You only need to sign the sections if you are leaving them blank.. Am I correct? If you have no kids, sign the appropriate.

If they need you to send it again they will contact you requesting the form again. I wouldn't stress about that too much. I wasn't sure if the family form needed to be hand signed at all since it said that an electronic signature was used for your application. I called CIC to confirm at the time and they told me that the electronic signature applied to all application forms and documents supplied when applying online. If the lady I spoke to was correct then you're fine. Even if she's incorrect they will contact you.

You only need to sign the sections if you are leaving them blank.. Am I correct? If you have no kids, sign the appropriate.

yes. So its all sent off and i have only signed the bottom. What can I do about it now?

yes. So its all sent off and i have only signed the bottom. What can I do about it now?

BUt if they get back will that not take forever? And I might miss my place or something???

BUt if they get back will that not take forever? And I might miss my place or something???

Just depends on what visa office your application is sent to for processing. Could be a few days or weeks before you hear back from them. If you have a WTN number (which you will if you reached Stage 2) you won't lose your spot as long as your application is in progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

it will but you will just have to wait nothing really you can do:p

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

I thought ya didn't need to sign anything. It says during you application that you font need to sign any forms, they will.be digitally signed at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i signed and i got the visa i don't think it matters if ya do or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 topofthemornig

KayleyLD wrote: »
    Hey, i assume your speaking to me! havn't been on this in a while! Im 3 weeks now without hearing anything! I rang them yesterday but noone was answering the phones so I left a message!! Im starting to panic now as I have to leave on the 3rd of April :/ did you get through to them yet?
    Hi,Sorry only seeing your message now....I rang again the Wednesday and was told my stuff was gone BUT then last Monday got a missed call followed by an email saying I had left off my brothers occupation on the family form which means it still hadnt gone.Ivedecided that Im not gonna contact Visafirst again until I get an IEC email.Thers no point cos when the stuff does go theres no more that they can tell me...Did you get any news??

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

Hi,Sorry only seeing your message now....I rang again the Wednesday and was told my stuff was gone BUT then last Monday got a missed call followed by an email saying I had left off my brothers occupation on the family form which means it still hadnt gone.Ivedecided that Im not gonna contact Visafirst again until I get an IEC email.Thers no point cos when the stuff does go theres no more that they can tell me...Did you get any news??

But theres no need for your brother to be on the family form:confused:

celticwe wrote: »
    But theres no need for your brother to be on the family form:confused:

Can you explain? All family members has to be on the form, I thought..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

I filled the form out down with the USIT crowd and they told me not to bother putting siblings on

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Got my POE at 5.30 this morning! :)

Boyfriend applied 26th Feb and I applied 27th Feb. his came through last Tuesday and while mine was only sent to me this morning. The date of issue on it was the 12th March (same as his). Both were processed through the Alberta office.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

You only have to put your mam and dad on it

Thats all i did,i got the poe letter two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blueprince

Anyone else waiting from irland since 20th february or earlier ? Its already 24 days!! I cant wait anymore :( why are they taking so much time ? Its my first time application.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

Hey guys, so my girlfriend got her POE this morning after exactly 5 weeks of waiting, we'll be in Canada next week! I was waiting 20 days myself. So it unfortunately can take ridiculously long, its pure luck!

So sit tight if you're waiting a long time, as hard as that can be!

celticwe wrote: »
    You only have to put your mam and dad on it

Thats all i did,i got the poe letter two weeks ago.

Thats fine if you don't have any sisters, brothers and you signed you don't. Also that is correct if you don't have any sons or daughters and then you signed.

Wouldn't want to be in your shoes if you did sign and actually do have sister, brothers or siblings :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 octo7

I'm wondering if anybody who's received their POE letter from MYCIC had their application status updated on the IEC/kompass site yet? Has anyone received their Welcome Letter in their kompass account after getting the work permit letter?

I have my POE letter saying I'm eligible for a work permit but still no updates on the Kompass account, no way to log in either because their server is down. It's starting to bug me as I've had my POE letter for two weeks now and I'm planning on travelling soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement