Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Got our POE's on Sunday - 17days wait - delighted!

Can actually plan our escape now :) lol

Thanks again to everyone here for all of your help!!

Well done and have a great escape :D, might as well go while you can :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Surfn wrote: »
    ''Escape'' lol is our country that bad haha
    congrats though

Haha!! The 'escape' bit is more in reference to the job I'm in now! Realise that I'm going to have to change jobs, so if I'm going to have to move again, why not do it to another country and make the most of not having any ties here!! Mortgage, etc - family will always pull on the heart strings but it's not too far away - be home in a day if need be :)

Also we were in Canada from 08-09, and it's a fantastic country - can't wait to head back!

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Got my POE. So goddamn happy! 35 days after submitting to the CIC

For anyone curious, I submitted family form 5707 not hand signed. Even though other people in Canada were asked for a Canadian police cert I wasn't. The requirements seem a bit random from person to person

Well done, hope i dont have to wait that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

Shalamov wrote: »
    Anyone waiting a while for the confirmation message from MyCIC after submitting the application?
    The one that has the number you upload to iKompass...

Submitted my application on Sunday and still waiting for the confirmation message
    Thanks!

hey, i never got that message, and i spoke to another girl who was in the same boat. did your mycic login page change to say completed and have the W****** number on it? if it did then don't worry. i never got the confirmation email and got my LOI on the 28th of Feb - 10 days after submitting the forms to CIC.

just read now that you said you have no W number - I still think you will be ok as it says submitted. you know when you click on the view checklist button does it say 'forms submitted by the applicant' or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

amster wrote: »
    hey, i never got that message, and i spoke to another girl who was in the same boat. did your mycic login page change to say completed and have the W****** number on it? if it did then don't worry. i never got the confirmation email and got my LOI on the 28th of Feb - 10 days after submitting the forms to CIC.

just read now that you said you have no W number - I still think you will be ok as it says submitted. you know when you click on the view checklist button does it say 'forms submitted by the applicant' or something like that?

nice one amster
    no, i didn't have a 'W' number, but it does say it's completed and has been submitted, which is good i suppose. I just know someone that got the confirmation email about an hour after finishing the application, so was wondering.
    yep i know about the checklist.

So are you saying it's not necessary to input your number of the MyCIC message into the 'My Profile' section of the iKompass account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

under the family form it says applicant, which is you obviously , will be attending with you yes or no? what do i put down? of course il be going but i wont be accompanying myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

under the family form it says applicant, which is you obviously , will be attending with you yes or no? what do i put down? of course il be going but i wont be accompanying myself?

i ticked yes for myself and no for the rest as it didnt apply to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

You say 'yes' to yourself.

If you have a spouse, and they are accompanying you (on their own visa of course) say yes to them too - thats what myself and my husband did.

And then when listing your parents, say 'no' - thats the way we filled out ours.

nice one amster
    no, i didn't have a 'W' number, but it does say it's completed and has been submitted, which is good i suppose. I just know someone that got the confirmation email about an hour after finishing the application, so was wondering.

So are you saying it's not necessary to input your number of the MyCIC message into the 'My Profile' section of the iKompass account?

some people have gottin the LOI without putting the number into my profile kompass acc so it may or may not be needed to do so. its a difficult yes or no answer as no one knows.

CatMc48 wrote: »
    You say 'yes' to yourself.

If you have a spouse, and they are accompanying you (on their own visa of course) say yes to them too - thats what myself and my husband did.

And then when listing your parents, say 'no' - thats the way we filled out ours.

THANKS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

nice one amster

To be honest I don't think it matters at all. I read on one of the forms here that some people didn't put their W****** number in to Kompass and they still got the LOI. I haven't heard of anyone who got the visa, myself included, who has had their IEC section change from pending to validated. Plus their two separate government departments who don't play any part in each others part of the visa process so I think the W***** number is more for your reference and nothing much else.

I know i'm as new to this as all you so I'm not an expert but I think you will be fine! They have a lot of kinks in their system and I think this is just one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

amster wrote: »
    To be honest I don't think it matters at all. I read on one of the forms here that some people didn't put their W****** number in to Kompass and they still got the LOI. I haven't heard of anyone who got the visa, myself included, who has had their IEC section change from pending to validated. Plus their two separate government departments who don't play any part in each others part of the visa process so I think the W***** number is more for your reference and nothing much else.

I know i'm as new to this as all you so I'm not an expert but I think you will be fine! They have a lot of kinks in their system and I think this is just one of them.

yes it's been a bit of a fooking minefield so far, to say the least
    thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

I just tried to call the New York office and it takes you to a recorded message that basically says to PFO!
    There's nobody available to talk to and it says to check the website!

If anyone here called the office in NYC, please advise on how best to get hold of them!!

Here is the number I tried, Ph 1-212-5961-6281

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

marcher87 wrote: »
    i waited from Feb 7th til Feb 27th, my mate waited from Feb 16th til Feb 28th, while my gf waited from Feb 9th till March 16th. We all applied from Ireland with clean police certs, but the girlfriends took a fair amount of time to come, no idea why!
    It's a fecker of a wait! Thanks though, I thought our work permits were taking a bit too long or something but hopefully we'll hear something soon. Congrats on getting yours btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sarahandphil

Help Required!!! Trying to fill out the second part of the application and I have set up an account with CIC etc. When I go to open the form it says I have not got the latest version of adobe reader and will not let me open form. I have the latest version of adobe reader downloaded but still cannot open the form! I dont know how to get in to do it as I am aware that it needs to be saved and validated online. I tried to download it but when I go into the form it doesnt have any options in the drop down boxes etc.... really eager to get going so any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Help Required!!! Trying to fill out the second part of the application and I have set up an account with CIC etc. When I go to open the form it says I have not got the latest version of adobe reader and will not let me open form. I have the latest version of adobe reader downloaded but still cannot open the form! I dont know how to get in to do it as I am aware that it needs to be saved and validated online. I tried to download it but when I go into the form it doesnt have any options in the drop down boxes etc.... really eager to get going so any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

your trying to open form online through web browser which doesn't work,
    instead right click the forms link in mycic and select save link as then open the file saved on the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

Are you on Adobe Acrobat v11 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

I took a picture using a digital camera against a white or light coloured background.
    I uploaded the photo to; http://www.idphoto4you.com/

select canada and dimensions 3.5 x 4.5cm, select print size single photo, upload photo, crop it, select 600 dpi quality and select and wait for download link.

Hey, when I've done this, it just comes up in four photos. Can you just upload those four photos on the one sheet?

Niamh_M wrote: »
    Hey, when I've done this, it just comes up in four photos. Can you just upload those four photos on the one sheet?

No crop them and pick one and save it and then upload it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

No crop them and pick one and save it and then upload it :D

Thank you. Now how do you go about cropping them? On the website?

• Advertisement

Niamh_M wrote: »
    Thank you. Now how do you go about cropping them? On the website?
    When you scan it, before you do, you should be able to cut the picture you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the_seeker_who

Does anyone know if the police certificate submitted as part of the application process contributes in any capacity to getting various levels of security clearance in Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Joe Louis

Need some help uploading the imm5645 form. When i fill it out and save it to my computer it says 'file is damaged and cannot be opened'
    Any help is appreciated guys

• Registered Users Posts: 27 doconne

Does anyone know if the police certificate submitted as part of the application process contributes in any capacity to getting various levels of security clearance in Canada?

No. A company/organisation will always perform their own background/security checks. If you're thinking about Federal jobs which all require security clearances and have lived in Ireland in the past 5 years you can forget about it. I've learned that the hard way. Non-Federal employers will do their own security checks if necessary.

gary27 wrote: »
    POE stands for Port of Entry, it shouldn't matter once you get the letter from cic about your application being approved your good to go, just take that to the canadian border and they will issue your visa there.

Cheers, fingers crossed my LOI arrives in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

quick question, on the intital IEC acceptance form where it has the link to the CIC page and it says you have to fill out the "come to Canada" questions in order to set up a MYCIC account, I already set up one before I got my acceptance letter, can I just log in with that or do you have to fill out all the questions first?

I just tried to call the New York office and it takes you to a recorded message that basically says to PFO!
    There's nobody available to talk to and it says to check the website!

If anyone here called the office in NYC, please advise on how best to get hold of them!!

Here is the number I tried, Ph 1-212-5961-6281

Just curious RootsCanada how did you know to ring New York?

All IEC applications are going in to the pool and batches of them are processed by different offices in the world.. Maybe that is the reason some are getting contacted by Calgary, Ottawa or New York?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

on the IMM1295E application form if you dont have employment in Canada arranged yet can you just leave it blank? its asking for expected terms of employment and LMO number but I have neither, I'll be looking for work when I get there.

Do I have the right form? went through the application for a work permit outside Canada option, thats the IEC one yeah?

edit: never mind found it, prob be helpful to read the application guide :pac:

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    on the IMM1295E application form if you dont have employment in Canada arranged yet can you just leave it blank? its asking for expected terms of employment and LMO number but I have neither, I'll be looking for work when I get there.

Do I have the right form? went through the application for a work permit outside Canada option, thats the IEC one yeah?

edit: never mind found it, prob be helpful to read the application guide :pac:

I just put in N/a where i could for those questions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement