Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the form doesnt seem so long winded once you realise most of the answers are "no" in the later stages, some of the questions are gas "have you ever seen a church desecrated"? I saw a kid fling an egg at one at halloween once, does that count :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

Niamh_M wrote: »
    Thank you. Now how do you go about cropping them? On the website?

If you drop down on the list you can actually pick 'single photo'. Gary27 shared this pearl of wisdom with me a few wks ago in this thread. much handier than cropping as you need the file to be a certain weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

just finished my application, now the waiting begins!! thanks to everyone who helped

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chaow

gary27 wrote: »
    you must have click on that link in mycic by accident, delete it you already submitted your application.
    Hi Gary, I hope you remember my case with the eligiblity of college ive been to in canada and I havent been to college there. I have one day left to submit. After not hearing back from CIC and having one day left to submit the information I decided to delete it. But if I go to delete it it looks like my whole application will be deleted so I decided not to continue with it. Starting to freak out now as dont know what to do and cant seem to find a number to contact anyone. any advice you can share???

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Chaow wrote: »
    Hi Gary, I hope you remember my case with the eligiblity of college ive been to in canada and I havent been to college there. I have one day left to submit. After not hearing back from CIC and having one day left to submit the information I decided to delete it. But if I go to delete it it looks like my whole application will be deleted so I decided not to continue with it. Starting to freak out now as dont know what to do and cant seem to find a number to contact anyone. any advice you can share???

start a new application using a new checklist code from the come to canada wizard http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp, your conditional letter should be valid for a while from when you were issued it so just delete the old one and start anew and delete that whole college thing,
    and upload all your documents and files again and submit application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sullieking1

Hey can someone help me out with the travel insurance? I was looking some up there and they were all saying like 700 euro and I'm planning on staying for 2 years but it says on all them you can only get it for 1 year???Can someone tell me a good website to use and what not??

Hey can someone help me out with the travel insurance? I was looking some up there and they were all saying like 700 euro and I'm planning on staying for 2 years but it says on all them you can only get it for 1 year???Can someone tell me a good website to use and what not??

http://www.go4less.ie/insurance/index_canada.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tired79

under completed in mycic homepage do you have submission? if so you might have click something you shouldn't have and if you an inprogress application on the mycic homepage delete it if you have already submitted app.

Yea, I made the same mistake by clicking "OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification"

just delete it.

tired79 wrote: »
    Yea, I made the same mistake by clicking "OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification"

just delete it.

yes delete it, you already submitted app to cic?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

krudler wrote: »
    quick question, on the intital IEC acceptance form where it has the link to the CIC page and it says you have to fill out the "come to Canada" questions in order to set up a MYCIC account, I already set up one before I got my acceptance letter, can I just log in with that or do you have to fill out all the questions first?

When you log into the CIC account it'll have a section saying something like 'what would you like to do today' and in there you can complete the questionnaire. I opened my CIC account before completing the questionnaire, so it shouldn't be a problem.

And if you think you have answered any questions wrong then just delete that questionnaire from the first log in page too, and start again. It's fairly straight forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Chaow

start a new application using a new checklist code from the come to canada wizard http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp, your conditional letter should be valid for a while from when you were issued it so just delete the old one and start anew and delete that whole college thing,
    and upload all your documents and files again and submit application.
    Thanks so much I have it all sorted out now. Really appreciate all your help. Best of luck in Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

Well I need advice from those who paid for their permits through bank of ire. February I paid for mine with BOI via western union, now I'm in the final stage of the permit, just waiting to be verified but last night I received a worrying email. It was from western union refunding me 50e, no grounds for the refund or anything, now I'm terrified that this might be the refund we were told we would receive from a declined application for permit? I'm terrified now and I don't even know how to contact the visa offices to see if my application is still live!?! Has anybody been through this before or have any thoughts/ advice on the matter?

Well I need advice from those who paid for their permits through bank of ire. February I paid for mine with BOI via western union, now I'm in the final stage of the permit, just waiting to be verified but last night I received a worrying email. It was from western union refunding me 50e, no grounds for the refund or anything, now I'm terrified that this might be the refund we were told we would receive from a declined application for permit? I'm terrified now and I don't even know how to contact the visa offices to see if my application is still live!?! Has anybody been through this before or have any thoughts/ advice on the matter?

could you have not done the transaction solely throught boi by using banking365?

could you have not done the transaction solely throught boi by using banking365?
    Didn't have 365 active at the time Gary

Didn't have 365 active at the time Gary

so you had payment verified and now you are getting a partial refund from western union? I thought that the iec/cic would contact you if you are being refused permit, did you try contacting western union?

so you had payment verified and now you are getting a partial refund from western union? I thought that the iec/cic would contact you if you are being refused permit, did you try contacting western union?
    That's it in a nut shell man, I've mailed them but heard nothing back. To get refused this close would be devastating to say the least

That's it in a nut shell man, I've mailed them but heard nothing back. To get refused this close would be devastating to say the least

why would you get €50 back, I thought once you get onto the 2nd stage u don't get a refund, how much did you pay in total for using western union?

why would you get €50 back, I thought once you get onto the 2nd stage u don't get a refund, how much did you pay in total for using western union?
    120 but I Paid the other 40 to make it express, can't understand where this ****in 50 has come from

120 but I Paid the other 40 to make it express, can't understand where this ****in 50 has come from

can you clarify with western union what the €50 is all about?

Panic over. A member of family used my details online for a purchase and never thought to tell me. Wasnt from IEC or CIC afterall, christ that had my stomach turning!! cheers for your help though Gary, feel a bit of a clown now ha

• Advertisement

Panic over. A member of family used my details online for a purchase and never thought to tell me. Wasnt from IEC or CIC afterall, christ that had my stomach turning!! cheers for your help though Gary, feel a bit of a clown now ha

thats a relief, i thought the €50 sounded a bit out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

Im 38 days waiting now. Starting to get slightly worried. Anybody else waiting this amount or longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Im 38 days waiting now. Starting to get slightly worried. Anybody else waiting this amount or longer.

I'm at the 36 day mark and to be honest, I'm none the wiser either!
    They say it takes two months, so we have a bit to go yet unfortunately.

I think the repeat applicants are taking longer, are you a repeat applicant?

It's painful to see there's only 3 pages of comments in the timelines chatroom and almost 500 pages here! It's just a slow and torturous process :-/

I'm at the 36 day mark and to be honest, I'm none the wiser either!
    They say it takes two months, so we have a bit to go yet unfortunately.

I think the repeat applicants are taking longer, are you a repeat applicant?

It's painful to see there's only 3 pages of comments in the timelines chatroom and almost 500 pages here! It's just a slow and torturous process :-/

Yeah the wait is pure agonising. Its like the Chinese water torture, just pick picking away until I snap ha.

This is my first application from Ireland. Is this your first or are you a repeat?

Yeah the wait is pure agonising. Its like the Chinese water torture, just pick picking away until I snap ha.

This is my first application from Ireland. Is this your first or are you a repeat?

I'm a repeat. We thought we were waiting the longest!
    Hopefully now I'll hear in April and if there's any issue, I'll have enough time to sort it out. My current visa expires in July.

I'm a repeat. We thought we were waiting the longest!
    Hopefully now I'll hear in April and if there's any issue, I'll have enough time to sort it out. My current visa expires in July.

Yeah I thought that about the repeats myself. It seems they have no set order for processing them. Its nuts. From reading the previous posts it seems I should be getting mine soon, hopefully.

Hopefully you get yours in time. I would imagine you will, they say a maximum of 8 weeks wait. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Today is day 42.....6 weeks have passed since submitting to CIC and still no word. Torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    Today is day 42.....6 weeks have passed since submitting to CIC and still no word. Torture.

That's awful!! I noticed some people on here were getting theirs within 2-3 weeks. However on the CIC waiting times page it says that you could wait up to two months. Nightmare. I've only just submitted my application!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bhob

Niamh_M wrote: »
    That's awful!! I noticed some people on here were getting theirs within 2-3 weeks. However on the CIC waiting times page it says that you could wait up to two months. Nightmare. I've only just submitted my application!

Only took me 9 days. Should have gotten it in sooner and you'd have less of a que in front of you

• Advertisement

EvilDead13 wrote: »

OMG, this is crazy, we'll be still chatting here in May at this rate.
    What a dose.
    I'm sick of waiting and I'm at day 36. Everyone wants to know if I'm staying or going and I can't plan anything, what a pain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement