Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Which way should i register GC Key or Sign in Partner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Which way should i register GC Key or Sign in Partner?

GC Key

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Has a birth cert been required in previous years?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

sully2010 wrote: »
    Has a birth cert been required in previous years?

Thanks
    No birth cert last year anyway.

The doctor here will find the closest thing to your prescription and write that up for you. I renewed my scripts when I came over. Make sure you get a job with Medical benefits though, medication is extremely expensive over here - I just got a cough syrup before my benefits kicked in- $26. Hmmm..

Anyone having difficulty trying to long onto their GC Key account? Just registerd and now seems to just keep loading up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

Anyone having difficulty trying to long onto their GC Key account? Just registerd and now seems to just keep loading up

No way...mine is perfect !!:D

Was just looking at stage.1 application form & procedures for the countries that have already opened, the Czech Republic, Japan etc, all the same & seem to be straight forward ….no tricky questions , just fill in basic application form & copy of passport ,if this is anything to go by stage.1 should be nice & quick. It just needs to open now……so any guesses, is it going to be tomorrow or Monday?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

minnow12 wrote: »
    No birth cert last year anyway.

The doctor here will find the closest thing to your prescription and write that up for you. I renewed my scripts when I came over. Make sure you get a job with Medical benefits though, medication is extremely expensive over here - I just got a cough syrup before my benefits kicked in- $26. Hmmm..

Jesus $26 for cough syrup, that's like nearly €19.50!!! Gah. So a job with medical benefits would cover your meds and the like? I hardly think the average job (thinking bar/waitress/shop assistant work that you'd get first coming over) would cover something like that. I'll be asking for generics all the way
    archicraft wrote: »
    Was just looking at stage.1 application form & procedures for the countries that have already opened, the Czech Republic, Japan etc, all the same & seem to be straight forward ….no tricky questions , just fill in basic application form & copy of passport ,if this is anything to go by stage.1 should be nice & quick. It just needs to open now……so any guesses, is it going to be tomorrow or Monday?:D

How does one get a gawk at them other forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

Can anyone give me a definitive answer on the following... My passport us out of date in September 2015. Can I apply using this and change passport in Canada if I don't arrive untill 2014 or do I need a new passport???

Here we are, attached below is 2013 form for Japan,Czech republic & Chile.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Your on the ball archicraft you beat me too it;)

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Your on the ball archicraft you beat me too it;)

Ah you’re not too shabby yourself Ross you seem to be on the pulse also. So when is it going to be open, tomorrow or Monday …..Any guesses?

I would hope tomorrow but i think your guess was right Monday about 5 pm?:) when you hoping to head? i see the flights for Calgary end march/April are rising weekly:/ think there round 420 now when i looked a few weeks ago they were 365:)

I would hope tomorrow but i think your guess was right Monday about 5 pm?:) when you hoping to head? i see the flights for Calgary end march/April are rising weekly:/ think there round 420 now when i looked a few weeks ago they were 365:)

Planning to head as soon as I get granted a place. You say flights to Calgary end after April, do you mean flights from airports in Ireland?

no they don't END:) sorry i meant end of the month march lol the prices increase i suppose as it gets nearer summer time. yea the same as myself where you heading? you going with many?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

guys, have ye started filling out forms and stuff already for the visa?
    What could i get started on? :)

To the guy/gal who asked about their passport. If you enter Can on a passport that expires before the two years you will ONLY get a visa for the length of time your passport is valid for.

no they don't END:) sorry i meant end of the month march lol the prices increase i suppose as it gets nearer summer time. yea the same as myself where you heading? you going with many?

Of course:D, my bad. Am supposed to be going with 2 other chaps, although am unsure about one of them…he could have probs with police cert.

Lads, curiousness. I just had a a gook at one of them forms and I know they are slightly different to the ones we might get cos ours are all online this year and they are the old fashioned posty ones (well the czech one is anywho) but the question about port of entry. They wanna know which port of entry you are gonna use and it didn't have an optional asterisk on it. Do you GOTTA tell them I am gonna enter BC say and then HAVE to enter BC when you come? Cos I don't got a clue where I plan on entering Can and the form will be filled in now but I ain't moving for months so if I pick one it could change by then?!?!

hdowney wrote: »
    Lads, curiousness. I just had a a gook at one of them forms and I know they are slightly different to the ones we might get cos ours are all online this year and they are the old fashioned posty ones (well the czech one is anywho) but the question about port of entry. They wanna know which port of entry you are gonna use and it didn't have an optional asterisk on it. Do you GOTTA tell them I am gonna enter BC say and then HAVE to enter BC when you come? Cos I don't got a clue where I plan on entering Can and the form will be filled in now but I ain't moving for months so if I pick one it could change by then?!?!

I don’t know:confused:. Is the Letter of Introduction port specific? If it is ,I imagine, your work permit could be waiting at the port specified on your letter of introduction . Do you know anyone who has participated before?

• Advertisement

I don’t know:confused:. Is the Letter of Introduction port specific? If it is ,I imagine, your work permit could be waiting at the port specified on your letter of introduction . Do you know anyone who has participated before?

I do but I don't think she's been online much. Wonder if anyone will be online here who can shed some light

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wonder will the Canadian form be 10 year employment history, cost if so great, thats two jobs :pac: current and previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Just a word of reassurance to anyone who has sent off a passport and is waiting for it to be issued. I was chatting to a lady who works in the passport office who said this time of year they have your new passport to you within 8 working days, not the usual 10. They sent my boyfriends back because his photos weren't right (too close to the camera) so we got some new ones taken and sent it back and they still had it to our door within 10 working days from the date we first sent it off! Time to get scanning now! I have a feeling this could open Monday. Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Scanning stuff eh, I dont have a scanner and can't think of anyone with one, might buy a cheap one

No way...mine is perfect !!:D

Ah im in now:D

hdowney wrote: »
    Jesus $26 for cough syrup, that's like nearly €19.50!!! Gah. So a job with medical benefits would cover your meds and the like? I hardly think the average job (thinking bar/waitress/shop assistant work that you'd get first coming over) would cover something like that. I'll be asking for generics all the way

How does one get a gawk at them other forms?
    Ha! that was a pharmacy own style, makey-uppey cough syrup with a bit of codeine in it - no brands!!

Depends on your benefits too- mine covers 90% of cost of meds, roommates is 80%.

Im just going through the questionnaire thing to see if i am eligiable and it came to the question with the big list of areas of employment and they ask you do you intend to work in these etc . If you say no , but then later down the line get a job in one of those areas does anyone no what will happen?

Also with this question should i say no since ill be there on my own "Are you a dependent of a person who is or will be working in Canada - and you're of working age? "

yea say no:D

• Advertisement

yea say no:D

Cool so both questions are no ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement