Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    Today is day 42.....6 weeks have passed since submitting to CIC and still no word. Torture.

That's ridiculous, they explicitly say that they can't go over 6 weeks or else they breach the "user fees act"....or whatever that means. Were you asked for additional docs? that might've stopped the clock too and would add to the 6 week limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

That's ridiculous, they explicitly say that they can't go over 6 weeks or else they breach the "user fees act"....or whatever that means. Were you asked for additional docs? that might've stopped the clock too and would add to the 6 week limit.

Nope haven't been asked for anything. I had the reply from the New York office after I emailed them only saying that my application was in the queue waiting to be processed.

I don't know that we can really do anything at all if they do go over the processing times. I sent them an email today and quoted their own operational bulletin 490 that says the CIC portion has 6 weeks to be processed and if they can give any update as to why this isn't the case. I don't think they'll give me more info so all I can do is wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Don't worry lads, it seems anyone of us that submitted from the 8th to 16th Feb weren't hearing anything. Me and the gf were in that batch and got them this week.

There comin... whiskey helps in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 doconne

Yeah the wait is pure agonising. Its like the Chinese water torture, just pick picking away until I snap ha.

This is my first application from Ireland. Is this your first or are you a repeat?

I submitted mine on 9th Feb and am a repeat. Was trying to think of possible reasons for the delay. I renewed my Irish passport while here so the passport number on my work permit doesn't match now. Anybody know if this is a problem? I just figured that when I renewed the passport any permit attached (in the electronic sense) woule be transferred to the new one.

Anyone got any info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Me and the gf were in that batch and got them this week

Thanks for the update, that's a bit reassuring, so hopefully next week I'll get mine....
    Did you find out which office processed your visa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Don't worry lads, it seems anyone of us that submitted from the 8th to 16th Feb weren't hearing anything. Me and the gf were in that batch and got them this week.

There comin... whiskey helps in the mean time.

Thats a small relief, thanks. Keeps me from loosing my sh*t for another few days anyway.

Whiskey is not a bad idea at this stage. I can guarantee ill be necking a bottle if and when I get my letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

doconne wrote: »
    I submitted mine on 9th Feb and am a repeat. Was trying to think of possible reasons for the delay. I renewed my Irish passport while here so the passport number on my work permit doesn't match now. Anybody know if this is a problem? I just figured that when I renewed the passport any permit attached (in the electronic sense) woule be transferred to the new one.

Anyone got any info on this?

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d#Passports

I have replaced the passport under which my Letter of Introduction was issued (because it was damaged/ lost/ stolen/ I got married) and am about to travel to Canada. May I still use the Letter of Introduction to obtain my work permit?

Yes, as long as the validity period of the Letter of Introduction has not expired. When entering Canada, you must notify the border service officer of this change so that your work permit may be issued in accordance with your current passport information. We recommend that you bring a photocopy of your previous passport along with your current valid passport for presentation at the port of entry. If you changed your passport because you got married, please also bring a copy of your marriage certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 howlermonkey

I Received a letter of introduction on my CIC account, does this mean I have received my visa and if so, what would be my next step?

I Received a letter of introduction on my CIC account, does this mean I have received my visa and if so, what would be my next step?

You don't receive your permit until you cross the border or go through immigration at the airport. The letter is what you present to the officer when you arrive along with your proof of funds and insurance. Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

Hi all, wondering if any of you could help me out with an issue in respect to uploaded additional documents?

I have uploaded the documents required for 'proof of medical exam' on my MyCIC account. After I uploaded the status of this uploaded document under the 'supporting documents' section states 'provided'; however, I am still able to 'modify' the uploaded documents. Does this mean that the uploaded proof of medical exam has not actually been submitted? Please see the image below.

At the top of the 'Documents Submitted by the Client' page of my account, it states "Once you've uploaded the document(s) requested, you will receive a confirmation a confirmation message in your MyCIC account". I have yet to receive this message. It also states that when I have uploaded the requested document, select the 'next' button to sign and submit the document. I was never asked to sign or submit the document by the software.

Any help with the above issue would be great, thanks.

30m2vmg.jpg

• Advertisement

Hi all, wondering if any of you could help me out with an issue in respect to uploaded additional documents?

I have uploaded the documents required for 'proof of medical exam' on my MyCIC account. After I uploaded the status of this uploaded document under the 'supporting documents' section states 'provided'; however, I am still able to 'modify' the uploaded documents. Does this mean that the uploaded proof of medical exam has not actually been submitted? Please see the image below.

At the top of the 'Documents Submitted by the Client' page of my account, it states "Once you've uploaded the document(s) requested, you will receive a confirmation a confirmation message in your MyCIC account". I have yet to receive this message. It also states that when I have uploaded the requested document, select the 'next' button to sign and submit the document. I was never asked to sign or submit the document by the software.

Any help with the above issue would be great, thanks.

30m2vmg.jpg

It is still showing Upload next to the Letter of Explanation and Not Provided. If you can't delete that option you will need to upload something there and then you should see a Next button where it will take you to electronically sign and submit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 howlermonkey

You don't receive your permit until you cross the border or go through immigration at the airport. The letter is what you present to the officer when you arrive along with your proof of funds and insurance. Congrats :)

I just read about that, thanks so much! Does anyone have a clue about where to get a good deal for insurance cover? I haven't been able to find any good quotes except the go4less package

It is still showing Upload next to the Letter of Explanation and Not Provided. If you can't delete that option you will need to upload something there and then you should see a Next button where it will take you to electronically sign and submit.

Yeah I was wondering about that. I have no need to upload any explanation in that section though. I was thinking about just uploading a blank word document, what you think?

Yeah I was wondering about that. I have no need to upload any explanation in that section though. I was thinking about just uploading a blank word document, what you think?

Or maybe rather than blank just say you are submitting your medical documentation in the word document?

Or maybe rather than blank just say you are submitting your medical documentation in the word document?

Yeah, that sounds better. I will give it a shot anyway, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

Thats a small relief, thanks. Keeps me from loosing my sh*t for another few days anyway.

Whiskey is not a bad idea at this stage. I can guarantee ill be necking a bottle if and when I get my letter.

I submitted mine the 4th of march, suppose I'm in for one serious wait

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

Just found that Police certs are only valid 3 months and Monday organized everything to get new ones. Same procedure, send request to local Garda station, just to receive letter that they want to see copy of documentation from embassy requesting certificate.

Anybody got stupid request like that from Garda before?

By the way same day I sent letter to Garda, I requested Police cert from Lithuania and guess what, it's at my parents house since yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fran2

Help! I,ve uploaded all my documents on MyCIC ( except Form 5476 - Use of a Representative, because I'm not using one). When I click on 'Review application', nothing happens and I can't proceed. This has been the case for a while and I've emailed the help numbers , but just get an automated response which dosen't help. Can I send a hard copy application? My days are counting down. All suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RodimusPrime

PLEASE NOTE: Regarding payment verification stage. If you have submitted your proof of payment and have yet to received your payment verified letter, don't be alarmed. If you have submitted your proof of payment before the 10 day deadline, as indicated in letter 01a - Notice of receipt, but we haven't got back to you we will contact you shortly. ~ Kat

Hi IEC Ireland,

I'm not sure if you're still checking on Boards.ie but I thought I would ask you if you can help me.

I submitted my IEC application on 14 February through CIC and on 19th I received a request to provide an Australian police check and traffic report. I applied for these straight away but still (over a month later) have not received them. I am worried I will not make my deadline of 19th April.

Also, the reason that I did not supply the police check and traffic report in the first place is because I spent just over 5 months in Australia. I applied with my new passport which doesn't have any of the stamps in it. Should I submit my old passport with the exact dates with a letter explaining that I did not live in Australia for 6 months? Or is there another reason why they would ask for it?

I wrote to question@cic.gc.ca on 18th March with copies of my emails and correspondence requesting the police check etc and asking if I needed to submit it after all because I had not been living in Australia for 6 months but I have not heard anything back yet.

I would really appreciate any advice you can give me. I just don't want my time to run out!

Thank you very much in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

Hi IEC Ireland,

I'm not sure if you're still checking on Boards.ie but I thought I would ask you if you can help me.

I submitted my IEC application on 14 February through CIC and on 19th I received a request to provide an Australian police check and traffic report. I applied for these straight away but still (over a month later) have not received them. I am worried I will not make my deadline of 19th April.

Also, the reason that I did not supply the police check and traffic report in the first place is because I spent just over 5 months in Australia. I applied with my new passport which doesn't have any of the stamps in it. Should I submit my old passport with the exact dates with a letter explaining that I did not live in Australia for 6 months? Or is there another reason why they would ask for it?

I wrote to question@cic.gc.ca on 18th March with copies of my emails and correspondence requesting the police check etc and asking if I needed to submit it after all because I had not been living in Australia for 6 months but I have not heard anything back yet.

I would really appreciate any advice you can give me. I just don't want my time to run out!

Thank you very much in advance.

it took me id less than 2 weeks to have the aussie police cert and traffic history, i received the traffic history report via email and the aussie police cert was posted to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Saramurphy12

AUSTRALIAN TRAFFIC HISTORY QUESTION

Hey guys, does anyone know how to obtain an Australian traffic history check if you never drove over there?

On the cic website it says;

Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that the person has never held a driver’s licence in that state.

Has anyone done this? Or can anyone tell me how I go about doing it?

Thanks!
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Saramurphy12

Surfn wrote: »

it took me id less than 2 weeks to have the aussie police cert and traffic history, i received the traffic history report via email and the aussie police cert was posted to me.

Hi!

I need to obtain a traffic history check but I never drove in Australia so I don't have a licence number to enter..did you drive while you were there? Do you know how I can do this? On the cic website it says;

Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that the person has never held a driver’s licence in that state.

..but I have no idea how to do this?

Your help is much appreciated!

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

Fran2 wrote: »
    Help! I,ve uploaded all my documents on MyCIC ( except Form 5476 - Use of a Representative, because I'm not using one). When I click on 'Review application', nothing happens and I can't proceed. This has been the case for a while and I've emailed the help numbers , but just get an automated response which dosen't help. Can I send a hard copy application? My days are counting down. All suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

When you were filling out the Come to Canada questionnaire did you maybe tick a box by mistake that was to do with using a rep? If you're not using a rep then that doc shouldn't be listed on your checklist. Think start the questionnaire again and see if that fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

heres the link to the website http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Release-of-information.aspx
    there is a form on there, you need to fill it out and email it to them
    you have to scan and attach some forms off identification aswell
    i typed a letter and explained why i needed it, if you never drove put that in the letter also
    its handy enough
    they get back to you fast enough
    about a week or so

just to update this i posted mine off with the scanned copys of the documents needed and fee.
    it was the aussie police check i submitted online
    ive jumped through that many hoops forget yaself

I submitted mine the 4th of march, suppose I'm in for one serious wait

You might not be. From what I understand, its just the luck of the draw. At the rate my application is going (since the 11th Feb) you will probably be over there and settled before I get mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

You might not be. From what I understand, its just the luck of the draw. At the rate my application is going (since the 11th Feb) you will probably be over there and settled before I get mine.

Yeah that's true, as we submitted ours the 1st March and got them on the 17th - and we submitted them pretty much within minutes of each other, and received our POE's the same way - maybe 15mins in the difference - yet other couples on here have been days apart in receiving confirmation!

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Yeah that's true, as we submitted ours the 1st March and got them on the 17th - and we submitted them pretty much within minutes of each other, and received our POE's the same way - maybe 15mins in the difference - yet other couples on here have been days apart in receiving confirmation!

Congratulations on getting your POE :) Best of luck over there.

Yeah its nuts. Im just hoping that not hearing from them is a good sign. Im sure I would have heard back if they had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Congratulations on getting your POE :) Best of luck over there.

Yeah its nuts. Im just hoping that not hearing from them is a good sign. Im sure I would have heard back if they had any issues.

I know what you're saying, after all this waiting, if they say they I've to start again or add extra, I'll go insane.
    This is pure torture at this stage.

I know what you're saying, after all this waiting, if they say they I've to start again or add extra, I'll go insane.
    This is pure torture at this stage.

Ha ha, sure is. All that we can do is wait and try stay positive, I suppose. Im sure they are swamped with all of the applications being processed.

Im trying to resist the urge to pull a wobbly myself. Holding strong but I perdict a freak out near the end of next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Ha ha, sure is. All that we can do is wait and try stay positive, I suppose. Im sure they are swamped with all of the applications being processed.

Im trying to resist the urge to pull a wobbly myself. Holding strong but I perdict a freak out near the end of next week :)

I'm the same, it doesn't help though when you see people waiting longer than you, there's no end in sight!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement