Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

So, I submitted my MyCIC application on Paddy's Day, and still haven't received a message of confirmation or application 'W' number.
    It just says my application has been completed and submitted, but nothing else.

Seems a bit weird that I haven't heard anything else from them, seeing as someone else I know got their message with W number within an hour of applying. I know the process has been completely arbitrary since the iKompass section, so was wondering, is anyone else in the same boat?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

I'm the same, it doesn't help though when you see people waiting longer than you, there's no end in sight!

True enough. It sure is a pain in the melon.

If anything goes wrong after waiting this long, I think im going to go all Chuck Norris. First Canadian accent I hear is going to get a spinning back knuckle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Saramurphy12

Surfn wrote: »
    heres the link to the website http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Release-of-information.aspx
    there is a form on there, you need to fill it out and email it to them
    you have to scan and attach some forms off identification aswell
    i typed a letter and explained why i needed it, if you never drove put that in the letter also
    its handy enough
    they get back to you fast enough
    about a week or so

just to update this i posted mine off with the scanned copys of the documents needed and fee.
    it was the aussie police check i submitted online
    ive jumped through that many hoops forget yaself

Thanks for this..i was in Victoria though..can't seem to find the form without having a licence number..any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

Thanks for this..i was in Victoria though..can't seem to find the form without having a licence number..any ideas?
    best thing to do is pick up the phone and call them, they will tell ya what to do, thats what i actually done, but i was dealing with queensland

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Saramurphy12

Surfn wrote: »
    best thing to do is pick up the phone and call them, they will tell ya what to do, thats what i actually done, but i was dealing with queensland

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 doconne

Finally got my POE yesterday!! Hallelujah! I submitted my documents 9th Feb so I was one day off 6 weeks waiting. Good luck to the rest of you.:)

doconne wrote: »
    Finally got my POE yesterday!! Hallelujah! I submitted my documents 9th Feb so I was one day off 6 weeks waiting. Good luck to the rest of you.:)

Congratulations. Best of luck over there.

P.S. Im pretty sure I hate you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

I uploaded all my documents to CIC on March 2nd then update the kompass account .
    I havent heard anything since :( anyone else waiting that long ?
    also do CIC contact by email or do we have to keep checking there site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

rusheen wrote: »
    I uploaded all my documents to CIC on March 2nd then update the kompass account .

you have to wait unfortunately until you get the LOI, mines took 20 days since submission other people were waiting longer than that.
    you get an email in your personal email acc saying theres a message in the cic account waiting for you.

rusheen wrote: »

I have mine sent off since 11th Feb. So I wouldnt go packing your suitcase yet :) You might be lucky, some are being processed faster than others.

They will send an e-mail, telling you that you have a message in your CIC account. Then you will have to go to the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

Ok after about 3 weeks of pulling my hair out on trying to submit the last of my documents because of a message that kept coming up when I tried to do my digital signature......IT'S FINALLY GONE THROUGH!!!

In case anyone was having this problem (saying that your name, birth date, and place of birth do not match on your application), what I did was revoke my GCkey, and start from scratch. I made sure to include my middle name (it's on my passport) and i typed it all in capitals. I did the exact same for my IMM1295 form (my full name all in capitals), and it finally worked!!!
    I don't care how long I have to wait now, I'm just so happy it's finally submitted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lislevane Lassi

Just wondering if anyone who has completed the medical and uploaded the receipts have received their LOI. I have done this and received my LOI this morn but there is no mention of having done a medical on it. I just wonder if this something I should be worried about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 b_cro87

Hey, got my POE today which is great, but I have a question about the validity date.

Mine say 2014 to enter Canada, but I see on this other peoples validity date says 2015.

I am wondering why this is? For anyone who has received their POE recently, is your date 2014, or 2015 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

b_cro87 wrote: »
    Hey, got my POE today which is great, but I have a question about the validity date.

Mine say 2014 to enter Canada, but I see on this other peoples validity date says 2015.

I am wondering why this is? For anyone who has received their POE recently, is your date 2014, or 2015 ???
    mine says 2014 too but i remember someone sayin there was an error in the first few poe's that were sent out saying 2015 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jicksey

Hi guys just in relation to getting a Canadian police cert while in Ireland did the guards do this for you and what form did they use they told me i needed one sent to me as they only have the form for taking fingerprints after a crime has been commited and not one for a police check just wondering has anyone else done this from her thanks

Jicksey wrote: »
    Hi guys just in relation to getting a Canadian police cert while in Ireland did the guards do this for you and what form did they use they told me i needed one sent to me as they only have the form for taking fingerprints after a crime has been commited and not one for a police check just wondering has anyone else done this from her thanks

Do you need a canadian police cert or an irish police cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jicksey

gary27 wrote: »
    Do you need a canadian police cert or an irish police cert?

The Canadian one got asked for it last week was told to submit fingerprints

From my understanding a canadian police cert is not needed but some people have been asked for it, you may need to clarify this or wait for some other people on here to comment on it.

possibly start a new thread about your issue so it doesn't get lost in the megathread.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

regarding photo for uploading,

I got pictures taken today, but there is a shadow behind my ears, wondering how strict they are on the photos, thinking of taking my own and uploading it instead. Anyone have any ideas..?

• Advertisement

lovemytea wrote: »
    regarding photo for uploading,

I got pictures taken today, but there is a shadow behind my ears, wondering how strict they are on the photos, thinking of taking my own and uploading it instead. Anyone have any ideas..?

I would take your own photo and use website http://www.idphoto4you.com/
    select canada for country, for photo select visa, for print size select single photo, upload photo then crop it, select quality 600dpi and wait for download link, then download and check file size and resolution meet at least their specs or better.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

gary27 wrote: »
    I would take your own photo and use website http://www.idphoto4you.com/
    select canada for country, for photo select visa, for print size select single photo, upload photo then crop it, select quality 600dpi and wait for download link, then download and check file size and resolution meet at least their specs or better.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

b_cro87 wrote: »

Ours say 2014 also.
    A lot of the early ones issued got 2years to use them, then later people were reporting that they only got 1year. Then someone thought it might be where the letters were being issued from, as a lot of POE's issued from Alberta were for 2years, however we got ours issued from Alberta and they say 2014.

So to be honest, I think it really is luck of the draw! There's no constant definite as to how the 2years came about, and some people are still getting 2years, but they don't know why.

Other things could be that we participated in the IEC when it was SWAP/USIT, so that could be a reason we only got 1year to validate - also, we're over 30, that could be another reason - yet we wouldn't turn 36 within the time frame of the visa anyway! So it's just hard to know why!!

I know it doesn't really answer your question, but I just posted to show the variability doesn't seem to be linked to one particular factor that would give you 1 or 2 years to validate the visa! :confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aodhanmag

Im having trouble signing the declaration of applicant on the my cic section. I fill in everything correctly but it says that they dont match the form I filled in but they do! getting really frustrated

• Registered Users Posts: 4 laura_mc

Hi all. Wondering if anyone can help me. Has anyone with a criminal record / driving offences been asked to provide further documentation from the police / courts still received their POE/LOI's?

My partner has a minor driving offence of driving without due care from 2006 and has asked to provide a police report or a letter from court. Not sure whether this is a good thing or not?!

Any help will be appreciated. This is the only thing standing in our way of going to Canada!

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

laura_mc wrote: »
    Hi all. Wondering if anyone can help me. Has anyone with a criminal record / driving offences been asked to provide further documentation from the police / courts still received their POE/LOI's?

My partner has a minor driving offence of driving without due care from 2006 and has asked to provide a police report or a letter from court. Not sure whether this is a good thing or not?!

Any help will be appreciated. This is the only thing standing in our way of going to Canada!

Thanks in advance

My husband got asked for same thing he was done for drink driving 13 years ago.. I'm taking it as a positive as its not a refusal! I think they need as much info as possible on file in case something like that happened over there! He got asked for this on 14th march n we submitted info on 20th march ... Just waiting patiently now but staying positive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 laura_mc

Thanks AE56. Yeah I guess it can't be a bad thing, I guess I was just hoping that they wouldn't think it was a big deal and not need any more information. Hopefully the police can provide what he needs!

Good luck to you both, hope he gets accepted soon! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

laura_mc wrote: »
    Thanks AE56. Yeah I guess it can't be a bad thing, I guess I was just hoping that they wouldn't think it was a big deal and not need any more information. Hopefully the police can provide what he needs!

Good luck to you both, hope he gets accepted soon! :-)

Yip use will be grand.... Just get info gathered up ASAP ... Not be long :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

This is the reply I got from my member of parliament regarding the processing of applications submitted from within Canada (some of the comments are obviously politically motivated). Also I'm still unsure what applications they are processing right now since he says Jan 21st but further down then says early Feb........I submitted Feb 7th.

1. 7 FEB 2013, your WP application was received by CIC-V – Case Processing Centre Vegreville.

2. Since you are in Canada, and you are a foreign national, your WP application has to be processed outside of Canada.

3. Your application was transferred to New York to be processed.

4. It takes 52 days (call it 2 months) to process.

5. CIC_NY is working on applications received on 21 Jan.

6. Therefore, it’ll take CIC 2 months to GET TO your application.

7. 24 Mar is the Bring-forward date of your file. “Bring-forward date” is the date when CIC will start working on your application again. As a rule of thumb, CIC ask applicants to give them one month before doing a follow-up query.

This is part of the result of the cuts to the budget implemented by the Conservative government since March 2012. That’s why the Canadian mission in Buffalo was closed last July and applications there transferred to CPP_O where they sat for SIX months. Processing for these files are just being processed in Feb. That’s why your application is now in New York.

CIC is indeed following the first-come-first-serve basis in the processing of these applications. But because of the staff reduction, NY is now working on applications received in early Feb. and the queue is taking longer.

Your case is not the first I have to deal with where the applicant has to get a TRV – Visitors’ visa – in order to stay here, but cannot work and wait for the outcome of the WP. I may suggest that CIC is not averse to applicants for WP to volunteer at their work place to keep abreast of what’s happening at “work.” The employer cannot pay them for the volunteerism.

Joyce has all the empathy for your situation, that’s why she’s working so hard to get rid of the Harper conservative government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Can anyone recommend who to book flights with to vancouver? i was looking them up on a search engine a few weeks ago for july and they seemed reasonable btu cant remember which site it was. I just checked expedia and they are over 1000! they were only a couple of hundred on whatever site i saw them on :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement