Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

Gonna bump this.
    Over a week now with no word whatsoever and no messages from CIC after submitting the application. Has this happened to anyone else?? Any input much appreciated, thanks...

So, I submitted my MyCIC application on Paddy's Day, and still haven't received a message of confirmation or application 'W' number.
    It just says my application has been completed and submitted, but nothing else.

Seems a bit weird that I haven't heard anything else from them, seeing as someone else I know got their message with W number within an hour of applying. I know the process has been completely arbitrary since the iKompass section, so was wondering, is anyone else in the same boat?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 laura_mc

AE56 wrote: »
    And my husbands is through :-) so frickin happy right now!!!!! Now let the celebrations begin!!!!!!!! :-)

Congratulations! Gives me a little more hope for my partners today!

Can I ask what documents you provided? The court is able to provide a transcript of everything, but the only thing it won't include is proof that the fine was paid. Do you think that will be all they need? Stressing over it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

After 3 weeks I get an email from CIC, think I was accepted then realise they want s ****ibg medical. MORE waiting time :( very close to giving up on the whole fecking lot at this stage!!!!! Has anybody been through the medical already and can advise on additional waiting times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

laura_mc wrote: »
    Congratulations! Gives me a little more hope for my partners today!

Can I ask what documents you provided? The court is able to provide a transcript of everything, but the only thing it won't include is proof that the fine was paid. Do you think that will be all they need? Stressing over it haha

I know exactly how u feel.... They asked for court report n documents from police stating how much he was over limit, because his offence was 13 years old we couldn't get our hands on this info so we submitted court report which was basically the same info that was on police check and sent a letter from police to say due to offence being over 6 years old they no longer hold this info! (This was on headed paper) we also submitted a document from himself stating this was all the info he could get due to offence being so old!!! There were no documents to say the fine has been paid! From what I hear if u pay the court they will write letter to say that he does not owe any money to the court!!!

Don't give up hope if hey were going to refuse him for this offence tey would ave done so already :) we are heading next Saturday !!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

After 3 weeks I get an email from CIC, think I was accepted then realise they want s ****ibg medical. MORE waiting time :( very close to giving up on the whole fecking lot at this stage!!!!! Has anybody been through the medical already and can advise on additional waiting times :(

interesting
    i don't need a medical but i also haven't heard anything from them in terms of a W number. there's been a good bit of talk about the medicals in this thread, just search for it above.
    good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dave92

Got my POE just now thanks to everyones advice on here. Submitted on 7th of march. What's do I need to do next is it just get insurance and plane ticket? Good luck to everyone still waiting keep the faith !

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

aodhanmag wrote: »
    Im having trouble signing the declaration of applicant on the my cic section. I fill in everything correctly but it says that they dont match the form I filled in but they do! getting really frustrated

If you go back to the page with date of 24th march, you'll see i had the same problem, but eventually got it

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zabba

Hi,

I sent all my info to the CIC on the 2nd of March. I entered the W code on my Kompass etc.

How long do you think I should be waiting until I hear back from the CIC?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

zabba wrote: »
    Hi,

I sent all my info to the CIC on the 2nd of March. I entered the W code on my Kompass etc.

How long do you think I should be waiting until I hear back from the CIC?

Thanks in advance.

It took mines 20days from submission, did you apply outside canada?

I applied through the IEC originally with the help of USIT. I am in Ireland.

• Advertisement

I applied through the IEC originally with the help of USIT. I am in Ireland.

right, you just have to wait until it comes through unfortunately, the time from submission to receiving the POE can vary from person to person, it could take 1 week right up to 4 weeks or more.
    did you pay usit a fee?

Yes, I guess I am anxious about it. Time to play the waiting game.

Yes €299. That included 100 flight deposit. They also offer a few additional services when you get to Canada.

I think it was worth it.

Yes, I guess I am anxious about it. Time to play the waiting game.

Yes €299. That included 100 flight deposit. They also offer a few additional services when you get to Canada.

I think it was worth it.

ok, I lot of people on here didn't go the third party route as the application process wasn't too difficult as a lot of advice on here helped people to complete the application process.
    But if you think its worth it and they helped you then fair enough.
    Did you have to pay the visa fee the €120 on top of that as well?

Yes, I didn't do it because it was difficult. They also help with getting the social security number for canada which can take I think it was 5 weeks to process over there . They can also fast track also.

Yes I did.

You can see what they gave with the plan on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ehiggs88

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help me out with this considering it sounds like you've all done this already. The IMM 1295 application form is driving me nuts - just with the signature part! I've filled it in, validated it and the barcodes page has come up , with the sign and date things underneath. Is this when I sign it? Before I upload it on the MyCIC page? Because the form isn't letting me write my name in the signature panel.

Or are you asked for a digital signature at a later time?

Thanks very much for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Yes, I didn't do it because it was difficult. They also help with getting the social security number for canada which can take I think it was 5 weeks to process over there . They can also fast track also.

Yes I did.

You can see what they gave with the plan on their website.

USIT's fast track SIN number (social insurance) service is a scam. It takes 15 mins to obtain one in any Service Canada.

Don't feel too bad tho, your not the first to fall.for them

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Saramurphy12

Tonto86 wrote: »

USIT's fast track SIN number (social insurance) service is a scam. It takes 15 mins to obtain one in any Service Canada.

Don't feel too bad tho, your not the first to fall.for them

This is true unfortunately..only takes a few moments to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

ehiggs88 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help me out with this considering it sounds like you've all done this already. The IMM 1295 application form is driving me nuts - just with the signature part! I've filled it in, validated it and the barcodes page has come up , with the sign and date things underneath. Is this when I sign it? Before I upload it on the MyCIC page? Because the form isn't letting me write my name in the signature panel.

Or are you asked for a digital signature at a later time?

Thanks very much for all the help!

No, you don't need to sign this page. You will do that after you have uploaded all forms/Certs when you submit the whole application.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ehiggs88

Great, thank you SO much. I have searched and searched through heaps of forums and found similar questions but not quite the right one, so wanted to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

I have a two year visa, will they expect me to have a return flight booked when I land?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Saramurphy12

TheChief36 wrote: »
    I have a two year visa, will they expect me to have a return flight booked when I land?

No. It is not even possible to book a flight two years in advance so definitely not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jandee21

Hi everyone. Myself and my boyfriend submitted submitted our my cic documents on Feb 23rd, we applied from Ireland. There seems to be some fairly knowledgeable people on here, just wondering if people think we have much more of a long wait ahead or is it just luck of the draw with these applications? We were hoping to travel next week but isn't looking likely. Any help be appreciated, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

Hey there,

Anybody could advise?
    I'm submitting documents by myCIC and it is likely that CIC will request more info on the offense I have back in 2002. Anybody could advise on the procedure to get the details CIC would want from courts? How much can it cost and how long can it take? I'm talking about Republic of Ireland.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

jandee21 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Myself and my boyfriend submitted submitted our my cic documents on Feb 23rd, we applied from Ireland. There seems to be some fairly knowledgeable people on here, just wondering if people think we have much more of a long wait ahead or is it just luck of the draw with these applications? We were hoping to travel next week but isn't looking likely. Any help be appreciated, thanks :)

Check out the time lines that people have put up here. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Hi!
    My boyfriend received an email notifying him that he had a message in his CIC account but when we checked there was no new message there.... we got our POE approx 3 weeks ago.... has this happened to anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

del777 wrote: »
    Hi!
    My boyfriend received an email notifying him that he had a message in his CIC account but when we checked there was no new message there.... we got our POE approx 3 weeks ago.... has this happened to anybody else?

Did you get an email when he got his POE? Mine was delayed a day. If you didn't get one back then maybe this is that email hung up in the system?

Otherwise I'm not sure why you got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Ye he got one the day we got the POE... I dont know, quite random!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 oreilly09

Re : My boyfriend received an email notifying him that he had a message in his CIC account but when we checked there was no new message there.... we got our POE approx 3 weeks ago.... has this happened to anybody else

Happened to me about 2 weeks ago ! thought i had the visa but then no email ! starting to get rightly annoyed......excitement and enthusiasm for canada twiddling every day ! how the aussies can process a visa in 24 hours and this crowd is taking 2 months ill never know !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

has any1 tried to fastrack the process by ringing them and spinning some kinda yarn like ya have your flights booked for next week???

its been 26 days since i applied and i got my W no. the same day, i see some ppl here have applied after me and got there POE already, and some ppl have been waiting up to 50 days... ill crack up if i have to stay around here not working for much longer...

im looking to get away asap but dont want to risk booking flight without POE...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement