Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 oreilly09

iv been waiting since the 15th of feb............i booked my flight for june 3 so i haven't been too fussed til now.........saying that im getting irritated now........so much so iv cracked into a few tins of beer .............sobriety gone til tues.......hopefully the visa will come tuesday morning- not likely !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Star25

I'm just wondering what health & travel insurance people are using when going. I got a quote from the VHI for over €1k per year and travel insurance was included. I just saw on the requirements on the IEC website that the Canadian territory should be specified - "the policy should specify North America, Canada/USA or worldwide" - the worldwide price from VHI is over €3k per year according to their brochure!

I also got a price from www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie and this was €750 for the 2 years! Does anyone know if this will do and if the insurance will cover travel & health? Has anyone used this?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Star25 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what health & travel insurance people are using when going. I got a quote from the VHI for over €1k per year and travel insurance was included. I just saw on the requirements on the IEC website that the Canadian territory should be specified - "the policy should specify North America, Canada/USA or worldwide" - the worldwide price from VHI is over €3k per year according to their brochure!

I also got a price from www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie and this was €750 for the 2 years! Does anyone know if this will do and if the insurance will cover travel & health? Has anyone used this?

try
    http://www.go4less.ie/insurance/index_canada.asp

is the €750 for one person as that can't be right?

gary27 wrote: »
    try
    http://www.go4less.ie/insurance/index_canada.asp

is the €750 for one person as that can't be right?
    Hi Gary,

Yeah the €750 is per person and covers 731 days! It's a premier plus and covers winter sports. The standard premier type is €650 per person. The policy type is 'back packer trip' though, I'm just wary that it mightn't be as good as the VHI policy.

The backpacker website is a trading name of Blue Insurances Limited which is the same company that Go4Less use as far as I know.

Do you have your policy sorted?

Hi Gary,

Yeah the €750 is per person and covers 731 days! It's a premier plus and covers winter sports. The standard premier type is €650 per person. The policy type is 'back packer trip' though, I'm just wary that it mightn't be as good as the VHI policy.

The backpacker website is a trading name of Blue Insurances Limited which is the same company that Go4Less use as far as I know.

I got two years plus wintersports and excess wavier with go4less for €365, I don't understand how you are getting €750?

are you selecting a higher grade for hazardous activities?

• Advertisement

I got two years plus wintersports and excess wavier with go4less for €365, I don't understand how you are getting €750?

are you selecting a higher grade for hazardous activities?
    I just got a quote for €365 on the go4less link you sent earlier!

Do you know if that will cover both health and travel or just travel?!

I just got a quote for €365 on the go4less link you sent earlier!

Do you know if that will cover both health and travel or just travel?!

it covers both,
    heres a link to their policy
    http://www.blueinsurance.ie/common/Go4Less.ie-Policy-2013-V1.pdf

it covers both,
    heres a link to their policy
    http://www.blueinsurance.ie/common/Go4Less.ie-Policy-2013-V1.pdf
    Cool nice one! Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Hi Gary,

jeez, €750 per person seems very high, I got a quote of €650 for two people for two years incl wintersports from backpackertravel ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cawood59

cawood

Checking In

Re: Problems uploading IMM1295E form

PostSat Mar 30, 2013 9:57 am
    I'm having a real problem trying to upload the form... has anyone else experienced the same problem?

The form has validated OK but when I try to upload I get the same error message:

''Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    We are unable to validate your document at this time, please retry later.''

I've tried many suggestions but still no luck! I'm really pulling my hair out over this... I've been trying for days!

I'm not sure if it's a technical issue their end?

Can anyone please, please help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Still waiting, submitted everything on the 3rd and it states that everything must be uploaded well required by 23rd of march, doesn't make any sense to me. Like I am stressing out that maybe I won't get one :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

Still waiting, submitted everything on the 3rd and it states that everything must be uploaded well required by 23rd of march, doesn't make any sense to me. Like I am stressing out that maybe I won't get one :-(

Im guessing you ment the 3rd of March, so no need to start stressing this early into the process. I have all my documents in since the 11th Feb and I have not heard anything back since they confirmed my submission.

Just be patient and assume the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Im guessing you ment the 3rd of March, so no need to start stressing this early into the process. I have all my documents in since the 11th Feb and I have not heard anything back since they confirmed my submission.

Just be patient and assume the best :)

Ya 3rd of march :-/, wow ya I'd be quite stressed then buts its almost a whole month like and I know some that submitted 2 or 3 days after me and got their Poe last week, not fair like.

Ya I'll try that thanks :D

Ya 3rd of march :-/, wow ya I'd be quite stressed then buts its almost a whole month like and I know some that submitted 2 or 3 days after me and got their Poe last week, not fair like.

Ya I'll try that thanks :D

No worries. Its just hit and miss with the waiting times. Some are going through faster than others. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lederv

Hi there

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - mods feel free to move it if you see necessary.

I am in stage 4 of 5 of the working holiday visa application. I have to upload a number of documents to CIC (photos, CV etc). One of the docs is the next stage Application form but when I click on the link to open it i get the following error message;
    'To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe reader from www.adobe.com. For further support, go to Adobe'.
    I have uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled it and definitely have the most up to date version on my PC but the problem still remains. I tried to open the doc on another PC with up to date Adobe but encountered the same problem.

I have inquired via the CIC website some weeks ago about overcoming this problem but got not reply. I have now emailed them direct with the query but I know they are not the quickest to reply. I am getting really worried now as I only have 14 days left to get the next stage sorted.

Has anyone else encountered this problem during their applications? Anyone got any info / advice to overcome / fix the problem.

All help appreciated!

Thanks

Derv

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

lederv wrote: »
    Hi there

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - mods feel free to move it if you see necessary.

I am in stage 4 of 5 of the working holiday visa application. I have to upload a number of documents to CIC (photos, CV etc). One of the docs is the next stage Application form but when I click on the link to open it i get the following error message;
    'To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe reader from www.adobe.com. For further support, go to Adobe'.
    I have uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled it and definitely have the most up to date version on my PC but the problem still remains. I tried to open the doc on another PC with up to date Adobe but encountered the same problem.

I have inquired via the CIC website some weeks ago about overcoming this problem but got not reply. I have now emailed them direct with the query but I know they are not the quickest to reply. I am getting really worried now as I only have 14 days left to get the next stage sorted.

Has anyone else encountered this problem during their applications? Anyone got any info / advice to overcome / fix the problem.

All help appreciated!

Thanks

Derv

Try using a different browser. I had the same issue when using Chrome and I also had the latest version of Adobe Reader installed. I think I used Opera, but if you don't have that try IE...

lederv wrote: »
    Hi there

All help appreciated!

Thanks

Derv

try right clicking the blue underlined IMM1295 application form text then click save link as, save to computer and then open the file on the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

not much word of any LOI's lately im still waiting from the 7th of march. not a word from them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Surfn wrote: »
    not much word of any LOI's lately im still waiting from the 7th of march. not a word from them yet

Im waiting since this day 4 weeks ago. Hopefully wont be much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zabba

Still waiting for visa since March 2nd. Anyone waiting as long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

zabba wrote: »
    Still waiting for visa since March 2nd. Anyone waiting as long?

Waiting since 12th February :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 barryslydon

Waiting since 31st of January. Praying it will be sorted this week.

Waiting since 31st of January. Praying it will be sorted this week.

That's unusual, the program didn't open until February.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 barryslydon

That's unusual, the program didn't open until February.

Opened on the 30th of January.

Waiting since 12th February :-(

Im waiting since the 11th Feb myself. Its good to hear of someone in the same boat as me. Are you applying from inside Canada, im told that takes slightly longer. Im applying from Ireland, so I have no clue whats going on.

Opened on the 30th of January.

The second part didn't open until Feb, only counting since date of when complete applications could be submitted, earliest was Feb 7th.

Im waiting since the 11th Feb myself. Its good to hear of someone in the same boat as me. Are you applying from inside Canada, im told that takes slightly longer. Im applying from Ireland, so I have no clue whats going on.

I'm applying from Canada, they're very slow, all round. There's only 3 pages of people with visas on the the TIMELINES thread and hundreds of pages of people still waiting, worrying and wondering here on this thread! Hard to know how long more it will take. They did say to one person who got through to them, that they would be two months getting to applications and two months processing, so by that, I'm thinking, worst case is June! Hoping to God it won't be that long.

I'm applying from Canada, they're very slow, all round. There's only 3 pages of people with visas on the the TIMELINES thread and hundreds of pages of people still waiting, worrying and wondering here on this thread! Hard to know how long more it will take. They did say to one person who got through to them, that they would be two months getting to applications and two months processing, so by that, I'm thinking, worst case is June! Hoping to God it won't be that long.

Sweet Jebus! I hope it wont be that long anyway. The whole process is a bit of a disater, I think. The only thing keeping me going is the fact that, im guessing, if there had been an issue they would have contacted me by now. But who knows.

Sweet Jebus! I hope it wont be that long anyway. The whole process is a bit of a disater, I think. The only thing keeping me going is the fact that, im guessing, if there had been an issue they would have contacted me by now. But who knows.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping too. If they get to my visa in May and set me off on a wild goose chase for more paperwork or proof, I'll be very disheartened.
    I agree, the process is a disaster this year, they're struggling and on the back foot from the outset. Last time, they opened early, around December 19th, so it's nowhere near as effecient as it used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 dobsy89

Waiting since the 2nd of March, haven't heard anything yet either. Booked flights for June,hopefully i didn't jump the gun and i'll hear soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement