Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yop11

What are the chances of me getting my visa before 26th April?first time applicant still in Ireland and date submitted was 8th march?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RodimusPrime

Surfn wrote: »
    it took me id less than 2 weeks to have the aussie police cert and traffic history, i received the traffic history report via email and the aussie police cert was posted to me.

Thanks for your reply Surfn... They must have lost my police check as I had to get them to send another one and that only arrived yesterday...just over a week shy of the deadline!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

jenniem01 wrote: »
    I've been waiting since Feb 11th I'm already in Canada too... need it before July.

Im waiting since Feb 11th myself, and im applying from inside Ireland. Which office they send your application to, and how long it takes, is just really hit and miss. Does not make the wait any easier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Email from IEC this morning regarding the incorrect length of my permit:

We have consulted with other departments regarding your situation. Here are the steps to obtain your 24 months work permit:

First, please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) at http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp and complete the “Come to Canada” wizard to request an extension of your current work permit.

Second, answer the questions as prompted; please note that you must answer that you are currently residing in Canada.

Third, you must also indicate "C" exempt, which will wave the participation fees. You will be required to upload your Conditional acceptance into the International Experience Canada initiative letter, as well as provide a brief explanation of your situation.

This should extend your work permit to 24 months.

Please do not hesitate to contact us through "my messages" should you have additional questions.

International Experience Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Yop11 wrote: »
    What are the chances of me getting my visa before 26th April?first time applicant still in Ireland and date submitted was 8th march?

I submitted mine on the 6th of march and got my POE on the 22nd. So you might be lucky. Some people are waiting since feb so it's really hard to call if you'll get it before the 26th of April. Wouldn't be booking flights or anything if I were you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Vancouverite35

Hey Evildead & Roots Canada

I too am waiting for my 2nd year. I submitted my application to CIC on Feb 14th and still no response. My IEC visa expired on March 13th, I applied for an open ended work permit on Feb 12th and it was approved last week, I did not provided an LMO. I am working as an analyst and luckily enough I did not have to quit my job and have been able to work since my IEC visa expired under "Implied Status". The whole process has been horrible and I am relieved I can continue to work and glad I applied for an open ended work permit. The stress was just awful in the last few weeks!! Wishing everyone best of luck and hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

Very strange.... I just got this reply from the NY consulate in response to my request for an update on my IEC application...

Dear Sir/Madame,

Please be advised that processing of IEC applications are not being done by our office

Processing of IEC applications for Australia, Germany, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand and the United Kingdom are being done by central processing region in Canada.

If you are a citizen of one of these countries please contact question@cic.gc.ca for a status update on your application.

Regards

Immigration Section
    Consulate General of Canada
    New York, NY, USA

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yop11

I was going to book my flights cos my job is finished and I can't stay here any longer..is anything needed if I go over and don't have a visa bar a ticket flying out of the country within 3 months?is a visa needed or is Irish people able to go over without a visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rufusrock

hi can anyone tell me , when you go to fill out family form and then you cant save it how do you upload it in cic????

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

print scan and upload.

• Advertisement

hey thanks calgary for gettin back so fast
    did ya get your visa??
    is that the only way for that form yes?

yea i got a visa. yes it is print scan upload. some people sign it others don't does not matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Saramurphy12

So after emailing the New York office last week I get this reply..

Dear Sir/Madame,

Please be advised that processing of IEC applications are not being done by our office

Processing of IEC applications for Australia, Germany, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand and the United Kingdom are being done by central processing region in Canada.

If you are a citizen of one of these countries please contact question@cic.gc.ca for a status update on your application.

Regards

Immigration Section
    New York, NY, USA

Beyond frustrated! What a load of bs!!!!!!!

ya delighted yes???
    cool, and all the other forms, i didnt sign and forms as i thought attaching the barcodes was the same thing??
    when ya off or are ya gone already?

So after emailing the New York office last week I get this reply..

Dear Sir/Madame,

Regards

Immigration Section
    New York, NY, USA

Beyond frustrated! What a load of bs!!!!!!!

A whole bunch of people just got that email.....I got my POE and it says New York on the letter!!! So either they are full of it or they have fixed a glitch in the system that sent all these applications there to start with!! I've had to involve my MP because the NY office did not authorize my permit for 24 months but only 12. My MP got back to me today saying it was human error and he is waiting to hear back on how they are going to fix it for us.

Ridiculous!!!

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    A whole bunch of people just got that email.....I got my POE and it says New York on the letter!!! So either they are full of it or they have fixed a glitch in the system that sent all these applications there to start with!! I've had to involve my MP because the NY office did not authorize my permit for 24 months but only 12. My MP got back to me today saying it was human error and he is waiting to hear back on how they are going to fix it for us.

Ridiculous!!!

Absolute joke! I want to scream at this stage, I jus feel so helpless!

I saw what happened to you at the boarder, that's a disgrace! It's just mistake after mistake and they don't care tht for some people this is their life they are messing with

People make mistakes they going to fix your problem for ya? so alls good:)

I've just received an email from CIC asking me to provide a medical. I don't need one tho I work in an accountancy firm..they have given me TWO days to upload it..has this happened to anyone, can someone please help??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Vancouverite35

This evening I got a refusal, WTF!!!
    It states that I have been refused because I participated more than once!!!
    WTF!!! I have applied for a second year IEC visa! This is horrific, I can't believe it! I have participated once, for one year only!!! This is so painful, does anyone know what the appeals proceedure is???? Help :-(

WTF!!! I have applied for a second year IEC visa! This is horrific, I can't believe it! I have participated once, for one year only!!! This is so painful, does anyone know what the appeals proceedure is???? Help :-(

I'm so sorry to hear this has happened. From what I can see its happened to a few people! Take a look at this post on the FB page, I hope it helps!! https://m.facebook.com/?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F&_rdr#!/groups/293814990664354?view=permalink&id=522350647810786&__user=659757775&soft=side-area

Bet of luck and keep us updated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

I've just received an email from CIC asking me to provide a medical. I don't need one tho I work in an accountancy firm..they have given me TWO days to upload it..has this happened to anyone, can someone please help??

And what happened to EvilDead13 at the border .

Its like gremlins have gotten into there system and are causing havoc .

The people who applied early didnt seem to have as many issues and there applications were granted quickly .

I'm still waiting to hear back for about 5 weeks.

My suggestion guys is contact Cathy Murphy at the Irish Immigration centre in Toronto. A quick search you'll get her contact details she has helped and will question these issues .

Hopefully it all gets cleared up and we all get the extra 24months

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

How many years have you been in Canada so far? Where you up there under different program before? They used be called different programs earlier, but still counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 izzykov21

Hi lads!

What a mess with that NY officce!!! :(

Is there anyone here whoe exchanged their irish driving licence for the UK one, lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

WTF?
    From what I can see, people applying for the second visa are getting 12 months instead of 24, getting refused or just not getting processed full stop.
    Has anyone got a visa that's here in Canada at the moment?
    It's a pure joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 forgetfulme

hey guys,

Everyone sounds so stressed :( Damn evil paperwork. I Submitted everything March 11 so almost four weeks now, how long do I wait before I start e-mailing to see if there are any problems?

Im in Ireland but applying for my second visa as I came home from Canada last July. I am due to go back to work there in June.

Trying not to freak out after reading these posts!

hey guys,

Everyone sounds so stressed :( Damn evil paperwork. I Submitted everything March 11 so almost four weeks now, how long do I wait before I start e-mailing to see if there are any problems?

Im in Ireland but applying for my second visa as I came home from Canada last July. I am due to go back to work there in June.

Trying not to freak out after reading these posts!

Their site says the processing time is 8 weeks, I'm at that stage now and no word, so I'd say expect to wait at least that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

is there anyway to find out how long your application will take or a rough estimate of time it will take? im in ireland now

WTF?
    From what I can see, people applying for the second visa are getting 12 months instead of 24, getting refused or just not getting processed full stop.
    Has anyone got a visa that's here in Canada at the moment?
    It's a pure joke at this stage.

Yes a friend applied for his 2nd year visa but from Ireland as he had gone back for a few months. No problems at the airport and they gave him a visa for 2 years. I haven't heard of anyone else in the same situation as me getting only 12 months.

Now it sounds like maybe all the applications from Canada should never have gone to the NY office at all so they are sending them somewhere else (presumably Vegreville).

All of sudden yesterday a ton of people got emails from CIC. Either to say their application is not in NY and NY does not process IEC applications or approval of their applications or requests for additional info or refusals.

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    Yes a friend applied for his 2nd year visa but from Ireland as he had gone back for a few months. No problems at the airport and they gave him a visa for 2 years. I haven't heard of anyone else in the same situation as me getting only 12 months.

Now it sounds like maybe all the applications from Canada should never have gone to the NY office at all so they are sending them somewhere else (presumably Vegreville).

All of sudden yesterday a ton of people got emails from CIC. Either to say their application is not in NY and NY does not process IEC applications or approval of their applications or requests for additional info or refusals.

Ok, maybe next week will see an improvement and the visas will start coming through. It's been a bad few weeks!
    It's hard not to be hassled and in bad form about it.

It'll be interesting to see how they manage next year, it goes up to 10,000 visas for Ireland. They'll need to straighten out their act, big time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

its gone very quiet, are loads just still waiting? crazy how long this takes, really is frustrating

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement