Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

Ok, maybe next week will see an improvement and the visas will start coming through. It's been a bad few weeks!
    It's hard not to be hassled and in bad form about it.

It'll be interesting to see how they manage next year, it goes up to 10,000 visas for Ireland. They'll need to straighten out their act, big time!

Oh next year the process will be a breeze compared to this year it seems there making up the rules as they go along.

It cant get any worse with the panic with everyone trying to get 2nd visa and all the other changes. Not to mention a smaller quota .Like why is it a lesser quota this year and doubling next year ? there prob will only be 50% of visas taken next year

The way I see it if someone if pays and applies for a extra 24months and then only gets 12months the whole system is flawed ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shaggy000

Hi all,
    I sent my cic forms feb 20th but still no word back apart from the email saying they've recieved my application.Has anyone else been waiting this length or longer?? Current visa expires pretty soon. Any info appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

shaggy000 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I sent my cic forms feb 20th but still no word back apart from the email saying they've recieved my application.Has anyone else been waiting this length or longer?? Current visa expires pretty soon. Any info appreciated.

Submitted Feb 11th haven't heard a thing.

Those that have rec'd their visa make sure and update the timelines here - weird that there have been none in so long.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Hi all,

Welcome to the world of waiting and wondering mate!
    My forms are in since Feb 12th, like you, I'm currently in Canada and need that second visa.
    We don't seem to have any/many in the 2nd application category that have their visas. There's a few misfortunate examples of people being rejected for participating once before and a woeful mistake where a 12 month visa was issued instead of 24 months.
    I'm afraid you're in for a wait, along with the rest of us and there's lots of hiccups along the way :-(

Very frustrating. There doesn't even seem to be a number or email to contact someone to try find out about it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Im waiting 3 weeks now but I see people are waiting longer, I know of one person who got hers in 2 weeks.

It's odd how it is all done.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Im waiting 3 weeks now but I see people are waiting longer, I know of one person who got hers in 2 weeks.

It's odd how it is all done.

Yep I wouldnt worry to much about the wait some people are waiting 5/6 weeks.

It seems those who submitted early on got theres faster and with less problems ,

Its very odd ! Theres no consistency which you'd expect from a thriving countries Immigration department :(

rusheen wrote: »
    Yep I wouldnt worry to much about the wait some people are waiting 5/6 weeks.

It seems those who submitted early on got theres faster and with less problems ,

Its very odd ! Theres no consistency which you'd expect from a thriving countries Immigration department :(

I disagree with the idea that those who got in early, got theirs fastest. I'm 5 days behind the fastest applicant. It appears the first timers got looked after the fastest and the 2nd timers are lost in the abyss.
    Late applicants are just recently after applying, so they should expect to have to wait and not wonder why it hasn't been handed to them after 2 weeks!

heres one guy who got his 2nd visa for 24months from Canada http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056910130

He uploaded everything to CIC on Feb 11th and was waiting 35 days for final grant

Roots did you submit a garda clearance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

I disagree with the idea that those who got in early, got theirs fastest. I'm 5 days behind the fastest applicant. It appears the first timers got looked after the fastest and the 2nd timers are lost in the abyss.
    Late applicants are just recently after applying, so they should expect to have to wait and not wonder why it hasn't been handed to them after 2 weeks!

I dont believe it has anything to do with this being your 1st or second application. This is my first time applying from Ireland, and im also waiting since the 11th of Feb. God only knows how they really decide the order for processing.

At this stage im starting to get a bit disillusioned with the whole process.

• Advertisement

rusheen wrote: »
    heres one guy who got his 2nd visa for 24months from Canada http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056910130

He uploaded everything to CIC on Feb 11th and was waiting 35 days for final grant

Roots did you submit a garda clearance ?

Oh, well spotted. Great to see one man is in!
    Yes, I originally have an email from IEC to say they didn't need the garda cert but they changed that and needed it so I sorted that.
    Hopefully it will come through. If I run into problems, it will be because I turned 36 in March and there ain't a thing I can do about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Got another update from the MP - NY is insisting the error was the border agents. They claim the validity date on the POE is actually how long the permit should be issued for....I got my POE letter on March 26th and the POE validity date says until March 26th 2015. They are saying that validity date is when my 2nd IEC permit should expire.....which makes the statement right below this very confusing

"You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above. If you have been issued a visa, you must also
    enter no later than the visa validity date."

If what they say is true if I went back to Ireland came back say next year in January then activated the permit they wouldn't give me the full 24 months they would give me from January 2014 to March 26th 2015. All contrary to the way this process has been done at the border/airport before where the permit validity period starts when it is activated not when the POE is issued.

Anyways now they are waiting to hear back from Vegreville about how to fix the border agents mistake. I think its a combination of the border agent and CIC not knowing whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

I dont believe it has anything to do with this being your 1st or second application. This is my first time applying from Ireland, and im also waiting since the 11th of Feb. God only knows how they really decide the order for processing.

At this stage im starting to get a bit disillusioned with the whole process.

Which ever processer got lumped with the Feb 11th applications obviously called in sick or something!!! Bloody disaster!

Is there anybody on here that is waiting since before feb 11th?? By the sounds of things all we can do is sit tight and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 treefiddy

I have my poe letter but my kompass acount hasnt updated still says pending does anyone know if i am able to go ahead to canada

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

your good to go mine is still them same and i have my poe weeks ago fire away:)

THanks alls sorted then

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rachelray123

Hi I am having the same problem as a few people where when I try to upload the IMM 1295 application form it keeps saying
    Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry even though I have validated it and got the barcodes. Really stressing :( Any help would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MP_Calgary2012

Hi I am having the same problem as a few people where when I try to upload the IMM 1295 application form it keeps saying
    Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry even though I have validated it and got the barcodes. Really stressing :( Any help would be great.

ya that happened a few times to me as well. I reckon its the section about work or intended work. Here's what I did:

Start from scratch - download a new IMM1295 - then fill it out again. This time in the section for work - in that first subsection - select iec working holiday - N/A for prospective employer N/A for their address. for province, city/town and address - leave all blank. Occupation - N/A and Duties - i put not applicable. Then expected duration dates and LMO - all blank. That should do it for ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 swirls427

Still don't have conditional acceptance. . . My application still says pending but I'm getting worried. Does anybody know of somebody I can contact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

Quick question (and sorry if it's been asked before). I'm connecting through Chicago to get to Toronto. I've heard I may need some clearance to go through Chicago airport, is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

This evening I got a refusal, WTF!!!
    It states that I have been refused because I participated more than once!!!
    WTF!!! I have applied for a second year IEC visa! This is horrific, I can't believe it! I have participated once, for one year only!!! This is so painful, does anyone know what the appeals proceedure is???? Help :-(

Would it have anything to do with the fact that you're now on an 'open ended work permit'? This could be seen as your second participation in a working visa for Canada?
    Most people on here seem to be getting a bridging visa that doesn't allow them to work, to let them stay in the country while waiting on their second visa to process. This visa doesn't let them work though - it's called applied status or something like that.
    Just a thought?
    EvilDead13 wrote: »
    Got another update from the MP - NY is insisting the error was the border agents. They claim the validity date on the POE is actually how long the permit should be issued for....I got my POE letter on March 26th and the POE validity date says until March 26th 2015. They are saying that validity date is when my 2nd IEC permit should expire.....which makes the statement right below this very confusing

"You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above. If you have been issued a visa, you must also
    enter no later than the visa validity date."

If what they say is true if I went back to Ireland came back say next year in January then activated the permit they wouldn't give me the full 24 months they would give me from January 2014 to March 26th 2015. All contrary to the way this process has been done at the border/airport before where the permit validity period starts when it is activated not when the POE is issued.

Anyways now they are waiting to hear back from Vegreville about how to fix the border agents mistake. I think its a combination of the border agent and CIC not knowing whats going on.

Hopefully all this 12mth, 24mths confusion is just that - confusion - and will be rectified soon!! We got our POE's with validity of only 1 year on them, and don't intend to use them until September. So if we land at the airport and they say that the visa we get will expire in March 2014 they'll have two unhappy campers!! lol!!
    As far as I'm concerned, and as far as I'm aware going by people posting on here - the validity that is on the POE is the timeframe you have to enter Canada, and your actual visa doesn't activate until that date, and is to be valid for 24mths!
    Hopefully by September they'll be doing it right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

Is there anybody on here that is waiting since before feb 11th?? By the sounds of things all we can do is sit tight and wait.

No but same week, my husband submitted his on the 14th of Feb, I submitted mine on the 7th of Mar.
    So he is waiting 7 weeks now.
    hopefully we will here something this week

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Saramurphy12

ANY ADVICE PLS???

I have been waiting EIGHT weeks since submitting my CIC app. I was asked by CIC to submit a medical last week. I do not need one for my job and I never lived in any of the listed countries. I uploaded a letter of explanation instea of the medical and also emailed them. When I called cic they couldn't help and I haven't ward anything back from CIC, I'm really worried as im also one of the ppl who has been out of work for weeks now and need my visa ASAP.does anyone have any advice pls???

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Hi All
    I submitted my application on 5th March, and got my POE on 20th March so wasn't waiting too long.. it says on my POE letter that I have until 19/02/2015 to enter Canada! But I will be entering this year anyway. Am I right in thinking that I have 2 years from the date I enter to work in Canada as its a 2 year Visa this year isn't it?

Hope all your applications are going well :D

A few questions any help much appreciated

1- how do i go about getting my money to Canada im with ulster bank here
    2- I have a lot of metal in my leg from an accident do i need a doctor letter or anything when passing through airport security

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

treefiddy wrote: »
    A few questions any help much appreciated

1- how do i go about getting my money to Canada im with ulster bank here
    2- I have a lot of metal in my leg from an accident do i need a doctor letter or anything when passing through airport security

1. Have a bit of cash on you when you go over and get your Canadian bank account sorted as soon as possible. Then you can transfer your money from your Ulster Bank account to your new Canadian account.

2. It's probably not necessary but worth having. You've gotten this far, no point having some hassle at the end with security. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rachelray123

ya that happened a few times to me as well. I reckon its the section about work or intended work. Here's what I did:

Start from scratch - download a new IMM1295 - then fill it out again. This time in the section for work - in that first subsection - select iec working holiday - N/A for prospective employer N/A for their address. for province, city/town and address - leave all blank. Occupation - N/A and Duties - i put not applicable. Then expected duration dates and LMO - all blank. That should do it for ya :D

It worked! Thanks so much for your help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

For those waiting on POE's,just an observation, but it seems like since the UK IEC opened, activity has slowed down for Ireland. The backlog must be nuts. i had a nose on the UK equivalent of this megathread and it seems to be a much speedier process for our friends over the pond. Though they seem as stressed as us with waiting - most are only waiting a max of 2-3 weeks from I was reading. I said to myself maybe I should get my CIC part in before March 7th when the UK round opens... I filled everthing out by Feb 8th but just didn't bother sending it until March 8th as people on here seemed to be getting theirs in 4wks and I figured I didn't need the permit until the end of May. Flights booked and all. Oh the stress of it all!

• Advertisement

Does anybody know an email address to contact CIC about this?? There doesn't seem to be anything on the website.being completely in the dark is the worst.any help appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement