Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

meelyb wrote: »
    For those waiting on POE's,just an observation, but it seems like since the UK IEC opened, activity has slowed down for Ireland. The backlog must be nuts. i had a nose on the UK equivalent of this megathread and it seems to be a much speedier process for our friends over the pond. Though they seem as stressed as us with waiting - most are only waiting a max of 2-3 weeks from I was reading. I said to myself maybe I should get my CIC part in before March 7th when the UK round opens... I filled everthing out by Feb 8th but just didn't bother sending it until March 8th as people on here seemed to be getting theirs in 4wks and I figured I didn't need the permit until the end of May. Flights booked and all. Oh the stress of it all!

There are alot of theory's bouncing around as to why it is taking so long. Your's makes a bit more sense than most. But who know's eh! My theory involves some God hating me and all Canadian's not wanting me in the country. But luckly I love being stressed out and crying myself to sleep every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

shaggy000 wrote: »
    Does anybody know an email address to contact CIC about this?? There doesn't seem to be anything on the website.being completely in the dark is the worst.any help appreciated.

question@cic.gc.ca

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

Does anybody know an email address to contact CIC about this?? There doesn't seem to be anything on the website.being completely in the dark is the worst.any help appreciated.

Yeah, its one thing to be uncontactable but their processing guidelines do not seem at all straightforward. I think people on here are waiting over 7 weeks (im waiting just 4) - yet it seemed to clearly state the process can take up to 8weeks. Now though with what's happening that could be interpreted as 8 weeks from when they pick up your application! There is a general email for CIC someone put on this thread. But to be honest i can't imagine it will hurry them up, if they are snowed under they are going to pick up an application over a general query in my view...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shaggy000

Cheers.worth a shot anyways.

Cheers.worth a shot anyways.

Yup, worth a shot. Let us know how you get on.
    I checked the CIC website and it does say:

Temporary residence applications are processed quickly – generally in less than 40 days depending on the application type - so, it is not possible to confirm the status of your application online. However, you can check the application processing times to get an idea how long it might take to process your type of application.

And the processing times section state (assuming we count as being processed in Canada applications) they are working on New temporary resident visas submitted on March 14th and these take 20days so none of their timelines make sense considering people are waiting over 40days and since February. Certainely the 'first come, first served' promise on the IEC service standard section is not being followed either.

• Advertisement

Yup, worth a shot. Let us know how you get on.
    I checked the CIC website and it does say:

Temporary residence applications are processed quickly – generally in less than 40 days depending on the application type - so, it is not possible to confirm the status of your application online. However, you can check the application processing times to get an idea how long it might take to process your type of application.

And the processing times section state (assuming we count as being processed in Canada applications) they are working on New temporary resident visas submitted on March 14th and these take 20days so none of their timelines make sense considering people are waiting over 40days and since February. Certainely the 'first come, first served' promise on the IEC service standard section is not being followed either.

Just to add, in case out applications are outside Canada, Ireland is stated as being processed in london. And those processing times state 7days!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Just to add, in case out applications are outside Canada, Ireland is stated as being processed in london. And those processing times state 7days!

Yes it may say London processing the Irish IEC applications but that is not entirely the case as my application was processed in alberta and i applied from in Ireland and its the same for many other people which is probably due to the large volume of applicants.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

35 days waiting now, not a churp from them. wonder should i email em. im sort of in a situation where i turn 36 in june, so i was hoping to have my POE before that

gary27 wrote: »
    Yes it may say London processing the Irish IEC applications but that is not entirely the case as my application was processed in alberta and i applied from in Ireland and its the same for many other people which is probably due to the large volume of applicants.

That's kind of my point though on the time guidelines - as in either way if its being looked after in Canada or outside of Canada the times they state are way off the delays people are experiencing. London office says 7 days, Canada office say 20 days and working on applications from March 14th! You are so lucky Gary! Though many on here will agree you have been such a help to the rest of us and def deserve to be sorted.

Surfn wrote: »
    35 days waiting now, not a churp from them. wonder should i email em. im sort of in a situation where i turn 36 in june, so i was hoping to have my POE before that

I would not start to worry yet. Im on day 58 myself with no word. Just be patient and try not to freak out to much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Surfn wrote: »

I turned 36 in March, likewise, haven't heard a word from them and my application is in since Feb 12th. I'm kinda keeping quiet because I'm afraid of the bad news at this stage.
    If you do get in touch and get any feedback, let me know what they say. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

That's kind of my point though on the time guidelines - as in either way if its being looked after in Canada or outside of Canada the times they state are way off the delays people are experiencing. London office says 7 days, Canada office say 20 days and working on applications from March 14th! You are so lucky Gary! Though many on here will agree you have been such a help to the rest of us and def deserve to be sorted.

Thanks for that, I'm glad I helped a few people on here, I feel for the people still waiting on their visa and hope they get theirs soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zabba

I booked Flights for the 28th of May. Hoping to get over there soon. But I sent my app to cic on the 2nd of March. I have to pay for my flights by the 25th of April. Hope the visa arrives before then. Getting very nervous about it now.

zabba wrote: »
    I booked Flights for the 28th of May. Hoping to get over there soon. But I sent my app to cic on the 2nd of March. I have to pay for my flights by the 25th of April. Hope the visa arrives before then. Getting very nervous about it now.

You might be lucky. Some of the visas are being processed fast enough. It seems to be the first ones submitted (around the start of Feb), that are taking the most time. You probably should'nt have booked the flights until you recieved yours. Best of luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

On December 15, 2012, CIC introduced global e-Apps (see OB 486). E-Apps enables CIC to manage its workload more efficiently by allowing the Department to transfer temporary resident applications electronically to offices within the global network where capacity exists.

Taken from:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490.asp

So stop speculating.. London, Calgary .... Could be any office that has capacity at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kerry1043

Hi there
    does any body have first hand experience on how the rehibilation works in canada?
    I applied for the IEC this year but was turned down on the grounds of a conviction I had from nearly 11 years ago for passion of a small amount of narcotics when i was 18, im now 30, Although I understand why I was refused the cic and iec take convictions seriously and am now going down the route of rehibilation and hopefully will be accepted algoing well.
    What are the chances of me getting the iec visa next year? Dose anybody know of anyone that was accepted with this sort of thing? Any info greatly appreciated
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 travelatom

Hi All!
    Iv been plodding along though my IEC application over the last few weeks and havent really had any help apart from some advice from Go4Less who has sent three videos explaining the last few steps. Anyway was stuck on some information so searched in Google and found this Board didnt even know it existed anyway had a quick read through this forum and you guys have some pretty useful information!

Wish id found this sooner!!!

Kerry1043 wrote: »
    Hi there
    does any body have first hand experience on how the rehibilation works in canada?
    I applied for the IEC this year but was turned down on the grounds of a conviction I had from nearly 11 years ago for passion of a small amount of narcotics when i was 18, im now 30, Although I understand why I was refused the cic and iec take convictions seriously and am now going down the route of rehibilation and hopefully will be accepted algoing well.
    What are the chances of me getting the iec visa next year? Dose anybody know of anyone that was accepted with this sort of thing? Any info greatly appreciated
    Cheers
    If you will pass the rehabilitation, they should accept you next year. It will take about a year to get that sorted though.. I'm anticipating to get the same reply from CIC and will start on rehab if I will. You can also find some info on this in britishexpats forum. In particular member FormerLancastrian, I think he works in the airport migration.

By the way, did they ask you for more info on conviction or just gave refusal?

smitas5 wrote: »
    On December 15, 2012, CIC introduced global e-Apps (see OB 486). E-Apps enables CIC to manage its workload more efficiently by allowing the Department to transfer temporary resident applications electronically to offices within the global network where capacity exists.

Taken from:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490.asp

So stop speculating.. London, Calgary .... Could be any office that has capacity at the time

Our applications are floating around in Cyber Space so to be picked up who know where...

Interesting. thanks for the link. (i'm not being sarcastic here)

• Advertisement

Oooh and on that link, in relation to applications from Ireland- I'm after finding this:

Under the User Fees Act, IEC applications must be processed within eight (8) weeks. Since the DFAIT portion will take two (2) weeks, CIC then has a maximum of six (6) weeks to process IEC work permit applications. The six-week period begins on receipt of the work permit application and ends when the Final Decision is sent to the applicant. Requests for further information or documentation will ‘stop the clock’, but attempts should be made to ensure that applications are not unduly delayed.

And it also says
    • For applications where there are complex admissibility concerns, the Centralized Processing Region (Ireland) will refer the IEC application to the visa office responsible for the country of citizenship of the applicant.

smitas5 wrote: »
    If you will pass the rehabilitation, they should accept you next year. It will take about a year to get that sorted though.. I'm anticipating to get the same reply from CIC and will start on rehab if I will. You can also find some info on this in britishexpats forum. In particular member FormerLancastrian, I think he works in the airport migration.

Thanks for that ya was asked for more info from cic I uploaded that but unfortunately was refused,I've since been told that they do decline all app that have convictions,been in touch with a company in Canada that will process my rehab app they told me about 5 months really hope it's not a year ill have no chance of the cic if that's the case, I'll check out that forum thanks for that much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭helpme23

Hi man did they say that you have to be deemed rehabilitated to get the IEC ?If that's the case really it is pointless to apply for it until you are cleared of the conviction I like you are in the same boat with all this malarkey.

They said I can apply again if my circumstances change wit a new app and new fee payed, I'm taking that if I get granted rehabilitation ill hopefully be ok

Its catch 22 for me because like I told you before on the other thread I am currently with visa first and they want me to pay 300 euros for the rehabilitation documents for to fill in the send them of to Canada and I don't know much about the ins and outs but im guessing I taught I would then be granted my visa because of this process.But I don't have a notion.What way they can turn this around.The only thing is they told me was that if I did want them to submit the second stage now that more than likely I would be refused straight away.So they want me to pay for the rehabilitation forms now and then send on the second stage with it as well I don't really know.Only if like you have said that you need to be deemed rehabilitated before you apply for the visa then I deffo not going to proceed ant further and leave until I would be deemed rehabilitated.Were you in contact with CIC themselves regarding this situatition?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Lads, ye have one thread on the subject already, no need to be discussing it in here too.

Sorry man .

Panthro wrote: »
    Lads, ye have one thread on the subject already, no need to be discussing it in here too.
    Can you throw in a link to it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

Just a wee pointer to anyone that is coming to Alberta and wants to drive, your best changing your licence to an international licence before leaving otherwise u will have to sit the test before you can drive or buy a car!!

• Advertisement

AE56 wrote: »
    Just a wee pointer to anyone that is coming to Alberta and wants to drive, your best changing your licence to an international licence before leaving otherwise u will have to sit the test before you can drive or buy a car!!
    Is it not valid just for short while anyway?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement