Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 emec

archicraft wrote: »
    I don’t know:confused:. Is the Letter of Introduction port specific? If it is ,I imagine, your work permit could be waiting at the port specified on your letter of introduction . Do you know anyone who has participated before?

Just had a look at my letter of introduction from last year, no mention of a port on it. It says type of permit, permit number and when it is valid until.

We entered the same port we put down but I knew a few people who didn't, they had no trouble.
    You have to stand and wait while they print up your permit from scratch, they don't have it done in advance. Just put down the most likely one, think it is just a formality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Has anyone used go4less before? What are they like etc.
    I mainly just want them to check over my application before sending it. Want to get it right first time rather than wait for them to return the forms in May or whatever to re-apply. I reckon they will be all gone at that stage if interest on here is anything to go by.

Would like to hear any previous users thoughts
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Do it yourself read every thread on here and you will save yourself 75 euro every question you could think of asking has been asked. so do yourself a favour keep the 75 euro go out and buy a good winter coat you will need it in canada:) or buy a few tins and spend the next hour or 2 reading threads on this and you will be fine mate:)

Im just going through the questionnaire thing to see if i am eligiable and it came to the question with the big list of areas of employment and they ask you do you intend to work in these etc . If you say no , but then later down the line get a job in one of those areas does anyone no what will happen?

Also with this question should i say no since ill be there on my own "Are you a dependent of a person who is or will be working in Canada - and you're of working age? "

Tbh mate i just wrote no regarding the first question as i am a sparky and hope to get that work over there or construction.so i dont really know what would happen sorry:o

And for the second question you just write NO:D
    Ross.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Tbh mate i just wrote no regarding the first question as i am a sparky and hope to get that work over there or construction.so i dont really know what would happen sorry:o

And for the second question you just write NO:D
    Ross.

Ah cheers , yea suppose you will never know what job you will end up doing over there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

Would everyone recon going for websites like visafirst?

I'm a little paranoid they may run out of visas.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Mcjmetroid wrote: »
    Would everyone recon going for websites like visafirst?

I'm a little paranoid they may run out of visas.

Do you mean to apply for your visa? You should read what JustRoss23 says above and pretty much all questions have been answered in this forum, so to save yourself a few pound I'd just submit the visa application myself. It will take you time just to read through it thoroughly and ensure you have everything correct, but it's definitely do-able and if you have the time, I'd say do it yourself.

The visa companies are just going to give you a checklist, which you submit all the info, then they send it off - you're still doing the groundwork for it, just not pressing the final 'send' button yourself - and paying for the priviledge.

Also, the visa companies are applying to the same governing body as you, so they can't guarantee a visa - they don't have a quota - it's a first come first served basis and when all visa's are gone, that's it. So just be careful of what you're being promised.

As for other stuff, SIN number, bank account, etc - these can all be sorted yourself quite easily when you arrive to your destination.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

What are peoples predictions on when Visas will run out?

March:/

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Do you mean to apply for your visa? You should read what JustRoss23 says above and pretty much all questions have been answered in this forum, so to save yourself a few pound I'd just submit the visa application myself. It will take you time just to read through it thoroughly and ensure you have everything correct, but it's definitely do-able and if you have the time, I'd say do it yourself.

The visa companies are just going to give you a checklist, which you submit all the info, then they send it off - you're still doing the groundwork for it, just not pressing the final 'send' button yourself - and paying for the priviledge.

Also, the visa companies are applying to the same governing body as you, so they can't guarantee a visa - they don't have a quota - it's a first come first served basis and when all visa's are gone, that's it. So just be careful of what you're being promised.

As for other stuff, SIN number, bank account, etc - these can all be sorted yourself quite easily when you arrive to your destination.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help. So the VIsas are out now then? As in you're able to apply for them?

I checked every now and then from the official webstie but no luck.

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

krudler wrote: »
    Scanning stuff eh, I dont have a scanner and can't think of anyone with one, might buy a cheap one

Your local library or resource centre should be able to scan them for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    March:/

id say earlier than march when you consider all the people who are in canada on the 1 yr visa at the moment that will be applying along with everyone in ireland, the 7,400 visas wont stay on the shelf very long im sure!

id say earlier than march when you consider all the people who are in canada on the 1 yr visa at the moment that will be applying along with everyone in ireland, the 7,400 visas wont stay on the shelf very long im sure!

It was the same scenario last year with only 5650 Visas. People there a year were re applying too. They didnt go untill May. I know the Internet process will speed things up, but surely not by three months and with 2000 extra Visa's. I' applying in mid Feb at the latest. Need a new Passport I think. However I reckon it wont be as panicky as people expect!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Mcjmetroid wrote: »
    Thanks for the help. So the VIsas are out now then? As in you're able to apply for them?

I checked every now and then from the official webstie but no luck.

Thanks for the help.

No, they're not out yet. USIT are advertising that the application process is open, but that's just to start getting your information ready for them I'm presuming, as they won't be able to apply for any visa's until the Government release the Visa's.

Keep an eye here for the visa application process to open...
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

i bet by April there will be none left i say easily 3.5k will apply in Feb and march. i would like to think i will be wrong but cant see it :)

Yeah half will go quick, the rest will go in dribs and drabs.

sure i suppose time will only tell man;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mexican council of food

Is anyone in the Reserve Defence Forces? I have a lot of friends telling me to lie about it but I don't think thats a good idea seeming as the punishment for that is never stepping foot in Canada again. I would be inclined to go the honest and straight way. I know I'll have to fill out a Schedule 1 form alright, think it might cost a bit extra. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Can anyone please shed some light on the birth cert style they have. I have the old long cert but my boyfriend has an a4 page one, his surname isn't on it and it isn't signed at the bottom (occupier name is typed). It looks like something a ten yr old did!! Anyway got a 'new' long cert online off birthsdeathsandmarriages.is and got screwed for €50!!!! They sent the exact same thing - total scam and waste of money!! He went into the hospital this morn and the woman said that's the way the newer certs are and its normal without the surname and written signature. Can anyone tell me if their's is similar, cause if we don't get visas based on this I will prob kill him.. :-) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I think the serious people who really want to go, will get a visa, and those sort of sitting on the fence might not be as lucky.

Everyone keep the head up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

fifi2008 wrote: »
    Can anyone please shed some light on the birth cert style they have. I have the old long cert but my boyfriend has an a4 page one, his surname isn't on it and it isn't signed at the bottom (occupier name is typed). It looks like something a ten yr old did!! Anyway got a 'new' long cert online off birthsdeathsandmarriages.is and got screwed for €50!!!! They sent the exact same thing - total scam and waste of money!! He went into the hospital this morn and the woman said that's the way the newer certs are and its normal without the surname and written signature. Can anyone tell me if their's is similar, cause if we don't get visas based on this I will prob kill him.. :-) thanks

Where does it say a birth cert is part of the application?:confused:

NO? i don't think it does?;) is it a case of learning to run before we have even started walking yet?:D

archicraft wrote: »
    Where does it say a birth cert is part of the application?:confused:

Yeah I've not seen a requirement for one, though perhaps she may have different requirements to us depending on how she filled out the questionnaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

fifi2008 wrote: »
    Didnt need a birth cert last year, passport has place and date of birth on it, doubt very much if youll need the birth cert this year either. Just had a look at the forms required on the document checklist, it has changed since last week, they now have a space for the garda check (which they didnt last Friday). So i reckon, all you need is: Scan of picture page in passport, scanned jpeg pics (correct dimensions), Garda clearance (all in one pdf file if you've more than one, Ive 3), med form if you;re gonna work with kids, elderly, health services, etc. immi1295 form and the Family info form. Oh and by the way you need accurate dates of birth for all family members for this form. and an up to date cv.
    just my opinion based on last year and the website.

minnow12 wrote: »
    Didnt need a birth cert last year, passport has place and date of birth on it, doubt very much if youll need the birth cert this year either. Just had a look at the forms required on the document checklist, it has changed since last week, they now have a space for the garda check (which they didnt last Friday). So i reckon, all you need is: Scan of picture page in passport, scanned jpeg pics (correct dimensions), Garda clearance (all in one pdf file if you've more than one, Ive 3), med form if you;re gonna work with kids, elderly, health services, etc. immi1295 form and the Family info form. Oh and by the way you need accurate dates of birth for all family members for this form. and an up to date cv.
    just my opinion based on last year and the website.

Don't forget any passport pages with stamps on em!

Don't forget any passport pages with stamps on em!

****? really so if i was in nyc for a week and have a stamp that page has to be scanned too? this is getting to be a bit of a joke the amount of stuff there demanding were going on a bloody 2 year WHV not applying for citizenship:confused::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I think the WHV is a big deal to them, as a LOT of people use the work they get from it to get permanent residency (also you can just go ahead and work ft on this, unlike Aus and the like) so they want to be as strict as possible to weed out the time wasters.

So do you think i have to scan that page like all it says is a date 23rd march 2008 nothing about NY:/ and if i do where will it be put is it with the passport section on the MY CIC account?.
    Thanks again
    Ross.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

I had been reading the earlier pages on this and saw birth certs. I was talking to a relation over there and she had said to bring it with me in case they ask for it in the job, but I had thought we needed it for visa too, obv not, well not so far anyway.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

where does it say you have to scan stamped pages?

Think theres a lot of heresay and guessing on this page....Dúirt bean liom go ndúirt bean léi go ndúirt bean eile gur inis bean di.

Too much of this craic and people will end up putting wrong things on their form!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement