Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

i cant even get chatting to any1, what options do ya choose?

i just get as far as the option for 'press zero for agent' and it says it doesnt understand your commandment...

its getting wile frustrating at this stage, applied 2nd march!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 oreilly09

Hi there,

for the second time in 4 weeks I've been sent an email by the cic directing me to my account. each time iv been promised a message yet there has been no message in my account. I've been waiting since feb 14 and am fed up at this stage ! is this happening to anyone else? ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

scottmcb04 wrote: »

i just get as far as the option for 'press zero for agent' and it says it doesnt understand your commandment...

I have rang them a couple of times now with no help from them. I have been told various answers from "we dont have info on Working Holiday Visas" to "We dont have info on any applications made online" So do not waste your time calling them. I have my doubts about previous posts stating they got there application status from that number. Either the operator was talking arse or we are just being trolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

scottmcb04 wrote: »

Don't press 0/ press option 8 for "worker" and then it will eventually tell you there is a wait time etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Laura Gaf

I have rang them a couple of times now with no help from them. I have been told various answers from "we dont have info on Working Holiday Visas" to "We dont have info on any applications made online" So do not waste your time calling them. I have my doubts about previous posts stating they got there application status from that number. Either the operator was talking arse or we are just being trolled.

Hey all was having a look on the "Canada IEC 2012" FB page and it seems a few have called and been told they got their visa but haven't received the POE via email etc. Some in Canada have crossed the border to activate theirs... It does explain the wait I suppose.... patiently waiting myself.. no major panic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Yop11

bearhugs wrote: »
    I thought you could stay as a visitor for 6 months? I was in Ontario for a while before Christmas and that's the info I had, cannot remember where from tho.

No I'm pretty sure an Irish person has 3 months visitor status

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Guys, does everyone have to fill out the IMM5707 (family info form)?
    Just completing my stage 2 atm.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

zweton wrote: »
    Guys, does everyone have to fill out the IMM5707 (family info form)?
    Just completing my stage 2 atm.

Thanks

Did you read through Stage 2 Megathread and not this one perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Saramurphy12

Yop11 wrote: »
    No I'm pretty sure an Irish person has 3 months visitor status

It's six months guys, I'm on one now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Flight booked! See you in mid June Vancouver! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Sending in all my Docs now.

Had to attach a letter of explanation for my passport which is stained due to getting wet and all my thai stamps have run...

AND I have had major issues trying to get a police cert for vietnam, no go really, hoping that since my stint was all separate 3 month tourist visas that I dont need one...

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ricomc77

They got back to me requesting police certs for all countries that I have lived in for 6 months or more so you should be ok with Vietnam. Did you have to get an Australian police cert?... I tried contacting them but never got a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

ricomc77 wrote: »
    They got back to me requesting police certs for all countries that I have lived in for 6 months or more so you should be ok with Vietnam. Did you have to get an Australian police cert?... I tried contacting them but never got a reply.

I was travelling Vietnam for the best part of a year but had 4 separate 3 month tourist visas. So was there total for over 6 months. Technically I didnt live there but Ill have to see what they say.

I wasnt a resident so I dont know if I require it or not. Ive emailed and rang the embassy in london, I got some viet friends to ask in the police station in Hanoi and no dice. Cant do anymore really.

I got the Aussie one no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dub2013

Hi Guys, I actually managed to get through to the call centre in Canada a few days ago from Ireland using the 613 number that some of the guys from the UK posted here. The lady I spoke to was able to bring up my file on screen and confirm all my details. She advised me twice that my visa had been approved on the 21st of March (almost 4 weeks ago!!!!) and that I should have received my LOI/POE. She said the only thing I could do was send an e-mail to the question@cic.gc.ca mailbox and tell them I still hadn’t received it. Since I spoke to them though the staff all seem to have been advised not to give out any more info. My friend called an hour after me and they wouldn’t help him. They can access the info on our files but for some reason aren’t allowed to give it to us. All I can do now is wait for a response to my e-mail. The exact same thing happened to my friend in Canada and she got verbal confirmation and was told to e-mail the same address but is still waiting on a response 2 weeks later! Want to hand in my notice in work but am a bit nervous as I don't have my piece of paper yet :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shaggy000

Has anyone gotten a reply from the email address question@cic??

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

shaggy000 wrote: »

A while ago I had to email them and got a reply - my email to them was sent Feb 19th, and they replied March 5th - now bear in mind there was a lot more going on with applications then, so maybe the response time might be a bit quicker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dub2013

I did earlier in my application when I had a question but they take at least 2 weeks to reply. I'd say it could be worse now as so many people are past the maximum waiting time so all e-mailing them wanting to know where their visas are!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Nope, trying to get in touch with them with a while.
    They are a disgrace at this stage.
    If this was a private business, none of this foolishness would be going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

absolute joke of a process, i started all of this in january and still don't have a ****ing clue if ive got my poe yet

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

i feel bad for not needing mine now:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

No i emailed them 23rd march and havent got a reply since, they are a disaster!!!

If everything in canada is as disorganised, should have no bother getting a job!

I just called the 613-944-4000 number.
    I actually got through to someone.
    They asked me all my information, name, phone number, DOB, WTN and 8 digit file number, country of birth, current visa status and new visa application date, then she called out my address and asked me to confirm it.
    I was put on hold for 5 minutes and told, they can't tell me anything!!
    So, they have all my information, they know who I am, they can clearly see my application and yet, there's no answer and no update, nothing, zilch!

Now lads, in all fairness, what's the point of having a phoneline if you can't say anything!

So, none the wiser!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jandee21

May as well share my story of confusion on here! I sent in CIC docs on FEB 23rd. I emailed the iec in London on 25th March using the form on the website enquiring about the status of my application. Got this response on March 28th:

'Thank you for your enquiry.
    Your application for a work permit was finalised on the 23rd of March.
    The decision was sent to you together with your supporting documents using the self-addressed envelope provided.
    Please allow a few days for mail delivery.
    Yours sincerely,
    Client Service Unit'

I was so confused for two reasons, firstly because it said decision was finalised and there was nothing my CIC/Kompass account and secondly the whole ' self-addressed envelope provided' ,obviously as you all know everything is done online so I provided no envelope! Needless to say nothing arrived in the mail, so I sent another email questioning the above and got this response.

'Your inquiry regarding your IEC application pertains to information held by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).  We are not able to answer queries on immigration related topics.  Please send your email to the following address, and the MyCIC team will be happy to answer your queries: question@cic.gc.ca '

I have sent the email to the CIC address but nothing back yet. I understand the large volume of applicantions they have to process but so many people on here including myself are gone over the stated processing times. Would love to just hear something concrete as hoping to travel asap. hope we all get our Poe soon
    :confused::)

WHATS GETTING TO ME IS THAT IT ALL SEEMS TO HAVE STOPPED? NO COMMUNICATION. PEOPLE WHERE COMING ON HERE DAILY SAYING THEY GOT THEIR poe ETC BUT NOW THE THREAD IS VERY QUIET.IS EVERYONE JUST WAITING OR WHAT?

woops caps lock

WHATS GETTING TO ME IS THAT IT ALL SEEMS TO HAVE STOPPED? NO COMMUNICATION. PEOPLE WHERE COMING ON HERE DAILY SAYING THEY GOT THEIR poe ETC BUT NOW THE THREAD IS VERY QUIET.IS EVERYONE JUST WAITING OR WHAT?

woops caps lock

Very little to say, we're all just weary from waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shaggy000

Yep seems to be.i applied feb 20th and still no word.the worst is not hearing anything,even if they said,"look we ****ed up but we'll try sort it ASAP".At least that would be something!!

Yep seems to be.i applied feb 20th and still no word.the worst is not hearing anything,even if they said,"look we ****ed up but we'll try sort it ASAP".At least that would be something!!

And i give this country terrible abuse for the lack of organisation. jesus Canada seems worse

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jandee21

I agree 100 % , even if they posted some sort of update on what's happening on the website or a mass email or something, surly it would make things easier on them too due to the large volume of calls and emails they must be getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Hi Guys

I know this may be a bit off topic as a lot of ye are waiting for your poe but I have a quick question on the proof of funds. I dont live at the address thats on the top of my poe anymore moved out a 2 months ago my bank account address is at my new home address i was just wondering when we get over to immgration will the visa and bank statement address have to match for the proof of funds or does all that matter is that the bank statements is in your name ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

SON OF A NUTCRACKER.

Attempt number 10 to ring CIC and no luck. I have tried approaching the subject from every angle with them. From plain out lying about the type of visa to being completely honest and explaining the issues with the LOI's not being sent out. The best help I have gotten so far, is being told "We have info on IEC visas here but we cannot give them to you" She even went off and asked her manager if she could give it to me. And guess what! It was a big old NO.

This is a mental set up. We paid a fee for a service / product, so how is it that they can't give any service or supply the product we paid for?

:(:(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement