Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aodhanmag

I received my POE LOI today. However I wasnt able to update my cic number to my kompass account because the security questions werent working. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

aodhanmag wrote: »
    I received my POE LOI today. However I wasnt able to update my cic number to my kompass account because the security questions werent working. Any ideas?
    your good to go once you have your POE, I've my POE and didnt update my kompass account

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shaggy000

When did you send your application to cic??

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

SON OF A NUTCRACKER.

Attempt number 10 to ring CIC and no luck. I have tried approaching the subject from every angle with them. From plain out lying about the type of visa to being completely honest and explaining the issues with the LOI's not being sent out. The best help I have gotten so far, is being told "We have info on IEC visas here but we cannot give them to you" She even went off and asked her manager if she could give it to me. And guess what! It was a big old NO.

This is a mental set up. We paid a fee for a service / product, so how is it that they can't give any service or supply the product we paid for?

:(:(:(

You're so right, we paid for this and we are not being looked after.
    We're being treated very badly in fact, no respect, no sense of obligation to help people. No compassion or willingness to communicate.
    I thought I had it bad with Global Visas and trust me, THAT WAS BAD, this isn't much better.
    http://www.canyoutrustthem.com/index.php?go=quick_search&keyword=Isaac+Ashton

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jonnycross

Hey peps looking for a bit of advice, I applied for an IEC Visa under the UK quota. I received the letter 1b awaiting quota availability after the 3rd round. I received multiple WTNs the first 52xx and the last 75xx. My account was associated with the later!!

Did people under the Irish quota experience the same issues? How long did it take to re asses the quota? Did a lot of people get accepted later? Did anyone have multiple WTNs?

Sorry for all the questions but i am already in canada and looking to assess my chances.

Any help most appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 aodhanmag

I've noticed some people talking about getting their driving licences transferred, what about getting an international driving permit? 1 year costs 10 euro I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

I've noticed some people talking about getting their driving licences transferred, what about getting an international driving permit? 1 year costs 10 euro I think.

You can drive on your international for "a year" a ton of my friends are here over 3 years and still driving on their international. They do not care.... BC is a different story they are strict about it there.

But there is a loop hole that we looked into and registries confirmed it. You can go home, or go to the states and come back and technically your year starts again! So we just applyed for a new international license for this year and don't plan on getting AB ones it's bloody expensive and then when ya go home in two years you gotta do your test all over again at home! NO THANKS!

Insurance companies do not care, I am in the insurance industry in Alberta and trust me they do not care what Driver license you have. Provided you bring claims experience letters from home you will get the rate your entitled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

I just called the 613-944-4000 number.
    I actually got through to someone.
    They asked me all my information, name, phone number, DOB, WTN and 8 digit file number, country of birth, current visa status and new visa application date, then she called out my address and asked me to confirm it.
    I was put on hold for 5 minutes and told, they can't tell me anything!!
    So, they have all my information, they know who I am, they can clearly see my application and yet, there's no answer and no update, nothing, zilch!

Now lads, in all fairness, what's the point of having a phoneline if you can't say anything!

So, none the wiser!

I know this might sound very stupid, but what is a 8 digit file number? Is it the application number?

Niamh_M wrote: »
    I know this might sound very stupid, but what is a 8 digit file number? Is it the application number?
    Have you got your POE letter yet? if so it's the 8 digit number at the top underneath the date of the letter. Thats your UCI no. here is more info (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=013&t=4)

Have you got your POE letter yet? if so it's the 8 digit number at the top underneath the date of the letter. Thats your UCI no. here is more info (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=013&t=4)

Thanks so much for replying! Nope, haven't received it yet. Is the application no or the UCI number that you would put on your IEC account to link up both the IEC and the CIC? I'm not sure if that makes much sense lol

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for replying! Nope, haven't received it yet. Is the application no or the UCI number that you would put on your IEC account to link up both the IEC and the CIC? I'm not sure if that makes much sense lol
    well the number I put into my kompass account was my application no. I asked someone on this and they said just put you application no. into your kompass account when updating it. It wont really matter as long as you get your POE letter

well the number I put into my kompass account was my application no. I asked someone on this and they said just put you application no. into your kompass account when updating it. It wont really matter as long as you get your POE letter

Thank you so so much! Been stressing about this all night and now I can finally get a bit of rest! Thanks again :)

Thank you so so much! Been stressing about this all night and now I can finally get a bit of rest! Thanks again :)
    no bother good luck with the rest of your application

Sorry the 8 digit number is my UCI from my first visa.

Sorry the 8 digit number is my UCI from my first visa.

Yes, but sure is it true that people who have applied (and have not recieved their POE) and have never had a visa previously, wouldn't have a UCI number?

Just got a wee bit freaked out when I tried to ring that number to UCI, thought I left out something major when they asked for my eight digit uci number.

Canadian visas are the meltiest things anyone could ever apply for in their lives. I think they must make it annoying just to sift out all the people who don't really care out the visa, as you seriously have to persevere with it for like 3-4 months. Went off on a wee rant there, LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

Yes, but sure is it true that people who have applied (and have not recieved their POE) and have never had a visa previously, wouldn't have a UCI number?

Just got a wee bit freaked out when I tried to ring that number to UCI, thought I left out something major when they asked for my eight digit uci number.

Canadian visas are the meltiest things anyone could ever apply for in their lives. I think they must make it annoying just to sift out all the people who don't really care out the visa, as you seriously have to persevere with it for like 3-4 months. Went off on a wee rant there, LOL.

You won't have an 8 digit UCI if you have not previously applied. All you should have is your application number (W#######), your account number, and your WTN.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Irishcailin89

Hi ,Im getting really worried about my work permit. you know when you updated the number to your compass account is that the number u get off the confirmation of submission from the cic account that begins with a W. please help

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jandee21

Hi ,Im getting really worried about my work permit. you know when you updated the number to your compass account is that the number u get off the confirmation of submission from the cic account that begins with a W. please help

Yea thats it number with W at start

Thank you :) I thought to be waiting all this time I'd be the bigger eejet if I had the wrong number. Does anyone know the best number to ring the cic about the work permit from Ireland ! I tried the 888 number and it just seems to ring out! This whole system is disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Thank you :) I thought to be waiting all this time I'd be the bigger eejet if I had the wrong number. Does anyone know the best number to ring the cic about the work permit from Ireland ! I tried the 888 number and it just seems to ring out! This whole system is disaster

001 613 944 4000, this is the gang that most ppl rang, but its a waste of time they have all info on ya but they are not allowed to tell ya the status of ure application! its a disaster, its killing me now!!!

but 1 fella got his poe their yday, so im getting optimistic now!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks, It really must be the luck of the draw, I submitted mine more than 4 weeks and a couple of hours before my friend and she got hers 2 weeks ago today. really hope it comes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Anyone have contact details that they're actually getting a response from??? Im in 9th week since submitting to CIC, no reply. I've emailed IEC, CIC, Cathy Murphy, local MP in Edmonton, they're all as useful as t*t* on a bull. Iec told me to contact CIC. CIC (Rosa @ 18882422100) told me that its all controlled "by the internet" and she cant put me in touch with anyone at alll to help me, just submit email to question@... which I've done 8 times and all i've had in respone is the autoreply. Cathy Murphy -told me to contact the local MP, which I've done twice, still no reply. Where do I go now?? Who can I call? My current visa expires in 2 weeks.

SON OF A NUTCRACKER.

Attempt number 10 to ring CIC and no luck. I have tried approaching the subject from every angle with them. From plain out lying about the type of visa to being completely honest and explaining the issues with the LOI's not being sent out. The best help I have gotten so far, is being told "We have info on IEC visas here but we cannot give them to you" She even went off and asked her manager if she could give it to me. And guess what! It was a big old NO.

This is a mental set up. We paid a fee for a service / product, so how is it that they can't give any service or supply the product we paid for?

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jandee21

Just called the 001 613 944 4000 number but to no avail. Lady didn't need to take any application or account numbers from me just my name, dob and Country of birth and she had my details because after telling me she could not give me any information she was able to quote me my email address to send me an email which just directed me to send my request for status of application via email, which I have already done. It's frustrating when they must have the status and information in front of them but they are obviously not allowed give it out.

jandee21 wrote: »
    Just called the 001 613 944 4000 number but to no avail. Lady didn't need to take any application or account numbers from me just my name, dob and Country of birth and she had my details because after telling me she could not give me any information she was able to quote me my email address to send me an email which just directed me to send my request for status of application via email, which I have already done. It's frustrating when they must have the status and information in front of them but they are obviously not allowed give it out.

Sounds familiar!

jandee21 wrote: »

Welcome to the frustrating and sometimes upsetting world of CIC :) Dont worry there are lots of us in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Yeah I'm going nuts here - finally got in contact with the MP's office, who told me not to worry, they're probably just really busy with the 6700 applicants they have all in one go... !!!!!ANd since when were the Irish applications being dealt with in London -I thought they were being dealt with in Ottawa this year??? Also.. FYI.. According to Cathy Murphy, there's no such thing as a bridging visa under IEC.

minnow12 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm going nuts here - finally got in contact with the MP's office, who told me not to worry, they're probably just really busy with the 6700 applicants they have all in one go... !!!!!ANd since when were the Irish applications being dealt with in London -I thought they were being dealt with in Ottawa this year??? Also.. FYI.. According to Cathy Murphy, there's no such thing as a bridging visa under IEC.

I would not be to confident that anyone know's the exact details of how/where they process the application's. The website's give conflicting information. Also I think from reading other comment's on a few Facebook page's, your MP is as much in the dark as the rest of us.

It is a very badly set up system and I hope they get all the bug's out of it soon. Im just trying to stay positive and not pull a wobbly at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zabba

How long have you been waiting for Waylander1982?

zabba wrote: »
    How long have you been waiting for Waylander1982?

Since the 11th Feb. Its my 1st time from inside Ireland. How about you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 zabba

March 2nd for me. 1st time, also inside Ireland. Did you book flights yet? I had flights booked for the end of may, but I will need to cancel them I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement