Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

zabba wrote: »
    March 2nd for me. 1st time, also inside Ireland. Did you book flights yet? I had flights booked for the end of may, but I will need to cancel them I think.

I have no flight's booked yet, thank God. You might have to canel your's, but who know's. Maybe you will be lucky. It only seem's to be the earlier application's that the issue is with. So hopefully your's might arrive yet.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zabba

Had hoped to finish work on mid may and then go at the end of the month. Too afraid to hand in my notice also. Need it in for the end of next week. Pressure pressure! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Irishcailin89

Since the 11th Feb. Its my 1st time from inside Ireland. How about you?

Wow your waiting that long and this is your first time applying. they really need to get the finger out

Wow your waiting that long and this is your first time applying. they really need to get the finger out

Indeed they do need to remove there finger's. I really am starting to get a bit disillusioned with the whole process at this stage. I find personally the fact that they wont discuss IEC applications on the CIC customer service number and will not respond to any of my e-mails infuriating.

Had you to do a medical? I'm waiting 5 weeks my friend got hers 2 weeks ago and I sent mine in before her ! They don't seem to reply to emails !

• Advertisement

Had you to do a medical? I'm waiting 5 weeks my friend got hers 2 weeks ago and I sent mine in before her ! They don't seem to reply to emails !

Nope, I didnt need the medical. I applied Feb 11th, they requested a different police cert on the 14th, I provided it on the 21st and I have not heard word one since then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Yop11

CIC emailed me today looking for my personal details..anybody have this from them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dobsy89

emailed questions@cic last week and just got this reply today:
    Hello,

Your application has been approved on March 18th . Due to technical issues, your original letter of introduction was not sent out.
    A new LOI was sent out today and should be available in your MyCIC account.

when i went into my account my poe was there.Hopefully the rest will start coming through.

dobsy89 wrote: »
    Hello,

Your application has been approved on March 18th . Due to technical issues, your original letter of introduction was not sent out.

when i went into my account my poe was there.Hopefully the rest will start coming through.

Congrats..ye I'm hoping that's why they emailed me and they made a mistake with mine too..flying out Tuesday week

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

dobsy89 wrote: »
    Hello,

Just wondering what day did you emailed them last week?
    Have a friend who's in the same situation and she emailed them last Thursday but hasn't got a reply except for the automated message when she first sent the email.

• Advertisement

Sent an e-mail with all my details last night, with *RESEND LOI* as the subject. Got a reply 6 hours later saying that:

"Your application has been approved. Due to technical issues, your original letter of introduction was not sent out.
    A new LOI was sent out today and should be available in your MyCIC account"

!! BOOM !! Hello Canada, here I come. Best of luck to you all. Hopefully they start coming trough for you all soon.

Sent an e-mail with all my details last night, with *RESEND LOI* as the subject. Got a reply 6 hours later saying that:

"Your application has been approved. Due to technical issues, your original letter of introduction was not sent out.

!! BOOM !! Hello Canada, here I come. Best of luck to you all. Hopefully they start coming trough for you all soon.

Congrats :) exactly what details did you send them?i wanna make sure i sent them all I need to send

Yop11 wrote: »
    Congrats :) exactly what details did you send them?i wanna make sure i sent them all I need to send

I sent everything I had, Name, Address, DOB, Account Num, Application Num, WTN, Passport Num, and if you have recieved any requests for paperwork since you first submitted you application, your UCI should be on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 oreilly09

congrats waylander - been a tough slough !!! waiting since the middle of feb so am hoping it comes soon ! well done again!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jandee21

Oh might give that a try too so. Congrats delighted for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭andyd12

I sent everything I had, Name, Address, DOB, Account Num, Application Num, WTN, Passport Num, and if you have recieved any requests for paperwork since you first submitted you application, your UCI should be on that.
    What is that email address lad, I cant find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 banjostring82

I sent CIC an email 2 days ago about their technical issues and asked why I have not received my LOI, I got an email today with my LOI, such a relief to finally get it. If anyone hasn't received theirs yet send them an email using this page.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

andyd12 wrote: »
    What is that email address lad, I cant find it?

question@cic.gc.ca Just make sure you put *RESEND LOI* as your subject. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 forgetfulme

might try it....Ive only been waiting since March 11. Six weeks on Monday! But just want to know so badly now :(

More emails sent today and no replys can't get through to that number at all.

• Advertisement

might try it....Ive only been waiting since March 11. Six weeks on Monday! But just want to know so badly now :(

I know it's not easy, but try and stay positive. I was waiting since 11th Feb and all the stressing out did'nt achieve anything. Just keep telling yourself that there is no reason why you should not get one. Best of luck with yours :) Im sure it will work out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zabba

Thank you for the email address, I have contacted them now also. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Me too! Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dr_icko2

Hey,

I got my letter of acceptance in feb when the visas came out, want to finish off the application now but have no idea how to do stage 2 on the CIC website, its not really explained on the website. Would really appreciate if someone who has already done this could tell me how! I have my garda clearance cert and a CV, is there anything else I need?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Dr_icko2 wrote: »
    Hey,

I got my letter of acceptance in feb when the visas came out, want to finish off the application now but have no idea how to do stage 2 on the CIC website, its not really explained on the website. Would really appreciate if someone who has already done this could tell me how! I have my garda clearance cert and a CV, is there anything else I need?

Thanks

Did you set up a GCKey on the CIC website and answer the questions??

It gives you a checklist of things you need.

Some of the forms you need to fill in online, print off, sign and scan them and upload them back to the your application on the CIC website. Others you just fill in online.

You need to upload your CV, police cert, and your passport with id page and any stamped page and then upload a digital photo of yourself. you can edit your own picture on idphoto4you.com.

Anybody waiting over six weeks if advise them to email cic with the subject Resend LOI..I emailed them Thursday and got a reply today..visa had been approved a few weeks ago but It was never updated in my account..absolutely delighted :)

Waylander I think I might love you! Me and my boyfriend did what u said on Friday, sent email with *RESEND LOI* in subject and both out loi have just arrived! Thanks so much for sharing this! Canada here we come! Such a relief! We waiting since feb 23rd so anyone waiting a while should try this! Thanks again for the advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭andyd12

Same as guys, I did the RESEND LOI thing last night and got a reply today confirming acceptance!
    Canada here I come, WOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOO:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Thanks for the heads up peeps:cool:

Oh do I need to do anything further or am I good to go?

andyd12 wrote: »
    Same as guys, I did the RESEND LOI thing last night and got a reply today confirming acceptance!
    Canada here I come, WOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOO:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Thanks for the heads up peeps:cool:

Oh do I need to do anything further or am I good to go?

Print it and run!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 shaggy000

Finally some movement.Did the same fri sent the email and got reply and loi thismorning.woohhoooo.only had 5 days left on current permit.close one.cheers everyone on here for all help and info and best of luck to anyone still waiting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement