Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

Well done everyone!! My boyfriend and I both received our POEs today, so so so happy! A month from when we sent in our final applications to MYCIC, so pretty fast compared to most. Good luck to everyone still waiting! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

jandee21 wrote: »
    Print it and run!

Yup, print and run ; )

THANKS WAYLANDER! followed your advice. Myself and my boyfriend got our LOIs/POE in our accounts.I applied March 8th, he applied March 11th. i got an email at 5pm today saying I had a CIC message and also an email reply from Question@cic.ga.ca saying I was approved, please check my account. My boyfriend didn't get these reply mails yet (he emailed them Friday nite, I emailed Friday lunchtime) but he checked his account in case and sure enough the POE is there. print and run :)

Gonna pop that bottle of Aldi champers kept for this very occasion ha

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zabba

Waylander, You the man!! :) Canada here I come. All the guys waiting. Good luck! I'll be rooting for ye!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shaggy000

In my loi it says that it's valid until April 7th 2014 so I have until then ti activate it but it doesn't say on it how long the v

In my loi it says that it's valid until April 7th 2014 so I have until then to activate it but it doesn't say on it how long the visa is for.Does anyone know anything bout this or where it should say its a 2 year visa??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 jandee21

shaggy000 wrote: »
    In my loi it says that it's valid until April 7th 2014 so I have until then to activate it but it doesn't say on it how long the visa is for.Does anyone know anything bout this or where it should say its a 2 year visa??

I could be wrong, but maybe that will be on the actual work permit visa when you get it at the airport and not on loi?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Your visa is for 2 years but will the 2 years will only start once you enter Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

My experience:

I submitted my CIC application on Paddy's Day, and never received a submission confirmation or W number. Last week I emailed the question@cic address asking whether everything was in order, and received my POE a couple of days later. Result!

Hope this soothes any frayed nerves out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

I wrote to them almost a week ago and no reply :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

50 days(1200 hrs) after submitting got my POE yday, away next weds! thanks every1 for the help on here, good luck to yis!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

It's great to see people are starting to get there letter's now. I must say it's about time. Congratulations to all, and to those still waiting best of luck. Try not to panic, they will come eventually. So watch out Canada, here we come :)

wendydoll wrote: »
    Your visa is for 2 years but will the 2 years will only start once you enter Canada

On my first iec I'm pretty sure the loi said it was a 1 year visa.on this it's just says we have the year to activate it.i know other people on here were discussing the same thing a few weeks back but I can't seem to find it.dont wanna go to the border and them day it's only a 1 year visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

On my first iec I'm pretty sure the loi said it was a 1 year visa.on this it's just says we have the year to activate it.i know other people on here were discussing the same thing a few weeks back but I can't seem to find it.dont wanna go to the border and them day it's only a 1 year visa.

at the start some people got letter stating they had until we'll say, April 2015 to enter Canada. That was an error in processing which I think they have to honour.

My letter stated I have until March 2014.

I questioned them about it why mine was 2014 and other 2015. They replied and simply said you need to arrive in Canada by March 2014 and have a 2 year visa starting from your arrival. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

i got my POE on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

I also got my POE on Sunday after emailing the CIC on Thursday. This will be my second IEC.

Mossyman wrote: »
    I also got my POE on Sunday after emailing the CIC on Thursday. This will be my second IEC.

I'm in the same boat m

I'm in the same boat m

I'm in the same boat ,2nd iec and got it yesterday.does it say anything on the loi about how long the visa is for?? Mine just says the date I have to enter by.

I'm in the same boat ,2nd iec and got it yesterday.does it say anything on the loi about how long the visa is for?? Mine just says the date I have to enter by.

No it just states the time to enter, which is a year. It's exactly the same as last year's LOI, so the duration of the visa will only be on the visa once it's activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shaggy008

Hi guys

Im currently in Canada and submitted by 2nd part of the process on March 18th. Got the email saying they received my application the next day. Heard nothing since. Should I be worried? Seems like a lot of people got their LOI or POE alot sooner than 5 weeks

Shaggy008 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Im currently in Canada and submitted by 2nd part of the process on March 18th. Got the email saying they received my application the next day. Heard nothing since. Should I be worried? Seems like a lot of people got their LOI or POE alot sooner than 5 weeks

Likewise, in Canada, applied on February 12th, sent two emails and called numerous times. No information, no update, no joy! 10 weeks tomorrow :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

Hi guys

i wouldnt be worried

Surfn wrote: »
    i wouldnt be worried

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Ya I know I shouldnt worry but its hard not to when they dont provide any status or updates. I have until June 15th before my permit is up so should be ok.

If you read back over the past few pages you'll see that many LOI's/POE's were actually approved weeks ago but a technical error has prevented them from being emailed out. See what people emailed to the CIC (specifically "Resend LOI" in the subject title) and the quick turnover from this. Annoying that people have had to go through this effort to get this. It was so much less complicated last year.

Likewise, in Canada, applied on February 12th, sent two emails and called numerous times. No information, no update, no joy! 10 weeks tomorrow :-/

I understand, I had similar issues last year too. Hope you get sorted buddy

Mossyman wrote: »
    If you read back over the past few pages you'll see that many LOI's/POE's were actually approved weeks ago but a technical error has prevented them from being emailed out. See what people emailed to the CIC (specifically "Resend LOI" in the subject title) and the quick turnover from this. Annoying that people have had to go through this effort to get this. It was so much less complicated last year.

Tried it but no joy :-(
    I have turned 36 during the whole process so I'm kinda prepared for the smack down at this stage.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Ya I know I shouldnt worry but its hard not to when they dont provide any status or updates. I have until June 15th before my permit is up so should be ok.

Not that many have the permits already, only a handful if you look at the timelines, so, you're in the same boat as most of us.

I submitted mine feb 20th.sent them an email last fri with the heading resend loi.got my loi yesterday morning saying the same about it was granted 4 weeks ago and that there was a technical difficulty.my current permit expires fri so maybe they rushed it through but maybe I was just lucky.if yours is goid until June I would guess you'll have the new one in plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Me too.. 10th week,. Went to see local MP this morning on the advice of ICAN.. Mmm.. Not holding out much hope.. Freaked now cos visa expires in 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MP_Calgary2012

Hey there, can anyone tell me how long you were waiting for fingerprint results to be mailed to you? I got them done digitally and emailed the RCMP who confirmed that they were processed and completed on April 10 - I still havent recieved the results yet and visa is gonn expire in about 8 days! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

where can i find my application number please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement