Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I'm the same as above.

Where do you get your Unique Client Identifier and Online application reference number?

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Tried the resend LOI email again yesterday, still nothing.
    What do I have to do lads? It's 10 weeks now :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 elflass

Anyone get accepted who didn't submit the IMM1295 form? Eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 elflass

Sorry another question. On the 1295 form is it essential to fill all details of expected work details I.e the expected dates you will work, the name of an employer etc. I have not secured work yet. What do I do?

elflass wrote: »
    Sorry another question. On the 1295 form is it essential to fill all details of expected work details I.e the expected dates you will work, the name of an employer etc. I have not secured work yet. What do I do?

Yes you can and should complete it without the work details, but you definitely need to complete it to get a visa!
    Just put in answers like n/a or not applicable to ensure the boxes are complete and the form will validate/submit properly for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Shaggy008

elflass wrote: »

Just state what you intend to do or would like to do, it does not have to be 100% accurate, but show that you intend to find work.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

In the same boat as yourself. My husband and I are applying for second visa, from Canada and it's 10 weeks today. Sent the resend loi email, emailed the questions@ address, called the call center and am slowly going insane!

tinyfox wrote: »
    In the same boat as yourself. My husband and I are applying for second visa, from Canada and it's 10 weeks today. Sent the resend loi email, emailed the questions@ address, called the call center and am slowly going insane!

It's absolutely crazy.
    I'm tormented at this stage :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

I sent it last Thursday and got it on the Sunday. It has taken other people a few days too. It will come for you. If it hasn't maybe it hasn't been processed yet. I have until 8th April 2014 to activate it so I presume it was processed 7th/8th/9th of this month. I submitted my information on February 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shaggy000

Mossyman wrote: »
    I sent it last Thursday and got it on the Sunday. It has taken other people a few days too. It will come for you. If it hasn't maybe it hasn't been processed yet. I have until 8th April 2014 to activate it so I presume it was processed 7th/8th/9th of this month. I submitted my information on February 20th.

I'm exact same as mossyman.submitted same date.emailed last fri morning and got it sun morning.give it a couple days.phoneing seems to be no use at all.best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Anyone who got their LOI please update the timeline to give others an idea of how long it is taking:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

jenniem01 wrote: »
    Anyone who got their LOI please update the timeline to give others an idea of how long it is taking:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

Unfortunately you're talking to all us poor sods who are still waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Unfortunately you're talking to all us poor sods who are still waiting :(

2 pages back people are saying they got there's but yet the timeline says there hasn't been one granted since March so some people on here do have them :)

I'm waiting since Feb 11th and haven't heard anything - right now if I look at the timeline I think ah grand sure nobody has got theres and then I go on here and people have.... so it's good to see when they submitted theirs and actually got accepted!
    The entire process is a disaster!

jenniem01 wrote: »
    2 pages back people are saying they got there's but yet the timeline says there hasn't been one granted since March so some people on here do have them :)

I'm waiting since Feb 11th and haven't heard anything - right now if I look at the timeline I think ah grand sure nobody has got theres and then I go on here and people have.... so it's good to see when they submitted theirs and actually got accepted!
    The entire process is a disaster!

Fair point, I figured no one was getting them either.
    It's just lousy at this stage; loads of people at home need to get away and get jobs, people here don't know if they're staying or going home. It takes months to plan a move either way and they've taken none of this into consideration. We've paid for a service and we are being treated badly.
    I'm so cranky about it all now, I'm like a bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Your Client ID, also known as UCI, is on your work permit in your passport. You will only have one if you had a visa last year. Your account numebr will be on any letter you received from IEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shaggy000

I got my loi/Poe Sunday but my kompass accountl says immigration assessment and final decision are still pending.is there anything else I need to do or does it just take a few days to update itself??

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

shaggy000 wrote: »
    I got my loi/Poe Sunday but my kompass accountl says immigration assessment and final decision are still pending.is there anything else I need to do or does it just take a few days to update itself??

i would worry about that dude, id say print your POE of and away ya go, all will be good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

shaggy000 wrote: »

Yea, mine says the same ever since I got my POE letter in MyCIC. I've it printed out so I assume I'll be sound as it hasn't changed in a few weeks,...

Here's the latest....

I got an email to my gmail to say emails aren't getting through to our friends in IEC....
    ***********************************************************************************************
    This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification
    THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
    YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
    Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

Question@cic.ga.ca

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:

Original message

Here's the latest....

I got an email to my gmail to say emails aren't getting through to our friends in IEC....
    ***********************************************************************************************
    This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification
    THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
    YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
    Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

Question@cic.ga.ca

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:

Original message

Could you possibly send your status update from another email address. I know it may cause an issue email not matching your application but sounds like your email account may be an issue. I sent them an email an got the POE today. Like previous threads say, if you email they seem to issue the POE, its ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Shaggy008 wrote: »
    Could you possibly send your status update from another email address. I know it may cause an issue email not matching your application but sounds like your email account may be an issue. I sent them an email an got the POE today. Like previous threads say, if you email they seem to issue the POE, its ridiculous.

It's not my account, it says it's theirs.
    Plus I 've emailed them 5 times at least and this is the only time I've got a message like this.
    It just means, now, they have an excuse not to reply to me, despite the fact that they've ignored my previous emails.

Last year, at the final stage, we got an email and they had similar problems, when you replied, their inbox was full, 9 times out of 10, so you had to wait.

Honestly, I'm so f****** miserable from it all.
    One grows tired of the steerage treatment!!

It's not my account, it says it's theirs.
    Plus I 've emailed them 5 times at least and this is the only time I've got a message like this.
    It just means, now, they have an excuse not to reply to me, despite the fact that they've ignored my previous emails.

Last year, at the final stage, we got an email and they had similar problems, when you replied, their inbox was full, 9 times out of 10, so you had to wait.

Honestly, I'm so f****** miserable from it all.
    One grows tired of the steerage treatment!!

The address you are emailing should be question@cic.gc.ca, you said you are using question@cic.ga.ca.

The address you are emailing should be question@cic.gc.ca, you said you are using question@cic.ga.ca.

These are not identical.

Well spotted, I copied that from meelyb the other day.

Regardless, I had emailed previous to that one yesterday and phoned and still nothing.

Sadly

;)
    Mossyman wrote: »
    These are not identical.

Message received, thanks.

ROOTS CANADA

I emailed yesterday evening providing my name, dob and application number simply asking for an update and they sent me the POE at 1pm today (Canada Time). All i can advise you to do is email them with this information. I understand that you have probably done this already but give it another go!

ROOTS CANADA

I emailed yesterday evening providing my name, dob and application number simply asking for an update and they sent me the POE at 1pm today (Canada Time). All i can advise you to do is email them with this information. I understand that you have probably done this already but give it another go!

I would strongly second this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 swaws

It's been a long road but today I received my LOI/POE..... call it what you will I got it!

Now to put a plan in motion

Good luck one and all.....

Thanks to everyone for all the help on here. I followed closely and would have been lost without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Gintonious wrote: »
    I'm the same as above.

Where do you get your Unique Client Identifier and Online application reference number?

Thanks a million

Anyone?

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    Anyone?

You only need to look at the top of the page: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84291414&postcount=7066

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement