Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shaggy008

Gintonious wrote: »
    Anyone?
    You will have a UIC only if you participated in last years application. If so it should be on the letter head of any letter you receive from CIC last year.

Use your Application number that CIC give you if you when they said they received your application, begins with W and has 9 digits, if you are referencing anything with CIC through email or phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coso1122

Just received my Poe, sent an e-mail to that question@gc link on Sunday saying resend Poe with all my info would advise anyone who hasn't done this yet to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Same as coso1122. Sent that "Resend LOI" letter Sunday night and got my POE today. Applied on March 7th so delighted now.

Quick question BTW when we recieve our LOI do we have to upload anything back on to the Kompass account or what

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Just checked my iec account and see this "Immigration Assessment
    Approved"
    but yet final decision is pending but that above must be some good news right?
    I also sent them all my info and to that email and resend loi as subject, last night so hope to hear back from them in a few days its good news :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 alanmc87

Just got approved by the CIC today is that my LOI ?

In my kompass account it says immigration assessment pending?

do i need to do anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 forgetfulme

Hey guys,

Ive been waiting 6weeks and did as advised and emailed them. I got this back...Any advice what to do? Just email them again?

*** Please note that this is an automated message. ***

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

This email address is intended for case specific enquiries only. For general enquiries, please consult our Website<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp>.

We will respond to your enquiry if:

· It is case-specific and meets the criteria<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp> listed on our Website regardless if your application was submitted inside or outside Canada (the response delay for this type of enquiry is 30 business days). Your email must include your complete name and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number.

Note:

· If you are requesting the urgent processing of an application, you will be contacted by CIC within two (2) business days. If you require your Permanent Resident Card urgently, please refer to our Website for the procedure<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-how.asp#urgent> to follow.

· If you are requesting an appointment at the local CIC office, we will only respond to your enquiry if it falls within the existing reasons for an appointment.

OR

· It is related to the use CIC's online services<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp>, Partner Portal<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/access-portal.asp> for educational institutions or CIC Portal: Authorized Paid Representatives<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/portal.asp> (the response delay for this type of enquiry is ten (10) business days).

Hey guys,

Ive been waiting 6weeks and did as advised and emailed them. I got this back...Any advice what to do? Just email them again?

*** Please note that this is an automated message. ***

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

This email address is intended for case specific enquiries only. For general enquiries, please consult our Website<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp>.

We will respond to your enquiry if:

· It is case-specific and meets the criteria<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp> listed on our Website regardless if your application was submitted inside or outside Canada (the response delay for this type of enquiry is 30 business days). Your email must include your complete name and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number.

Note:

· If you are requesting the urgent processing of an application, you will be contacted by CIC within two (2) business days. If you require your Permanent Resident Card urgently, please refer to our Website for the procedure<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-how.asp#urgent> to follow.

· If you are requesting an appointment at the local CIC office, we will only respond to your enquiry if it falls within the existing reasons for an appointment.

OR

· It is related to the use CIC's online services<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp>, Partner Portal<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/access-portal.asp> for educational institutions or CIC Portal: Authorized Paid Representatives<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/portal.asp> (the response delay for this type of enquiry is ten (10) business days).

Got the same thing, just wait for their response, I got one the next day

Shaggy008 wrote: »
    Got the same thing, just wait for their response, I got one the next day

you got a reply the next day? well i sent them all my info, resend loi etc last night 1.40am irish time and got no reply today ha but my Immigration Assessment was Approved over an hour ago, so i must have this visa in the bag right?

you got a reply the next day? well i sent them all my info, resend loi etc last night 1.40am irish time and got no reply today ha but my Immigration Assessment was Approved over an hour ago, so i must have this visa in the bag right?

Took me 2 days but they do reply.
    Do we have to do anything after receiving LOI or does last bit of Kompass account approve itself

• Advertisement

You should be fine. I just sent them my name, dob and application number. I would hold off for a few days though to see if they send it

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    Took me 2 days but they do reply.
    Do we have to do anything after receiving LOI or does last bit of Kompass account approve itself

Once you have the LOI your good to go. It should automatically update itself, but going on previous threads, its not updating, no big deal though

You should be fine. I just sent them my name, dob and application number. I would hold off for a few days though to see if they send it

well since that has been approved, does that mean i have it in the bag or am i still waiting, i know some who had their visa for the last few weeks and they checked status awhile ago and it changed to approved as well, so hope that mean i have got it but waiting to say from them i got the poe etc!

well since that has been approved, does that mean i have it in the bag or am i still waiting, i know some who had their visa for the last few weeks and they checked status awhile ago and it changed to approved as well, so hope that mean i have got it but waiting to say from them i got the poe etc!

Until you get your POE your still waiting. But its looking good

Until you get your POE your still waiting. But its looking good

ya i guess it is, i hope to hear back from them in a few days with my reply when i sent that all my info and had resend loi as subject but sent it at 1.40 am irish time, wonder was that a bad time to send it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

Got my POE after sending that email to cic. Was accepted mid-march but never got told. Kinda ****ed my plans a bit not being told then but i have it now so fairly delighted

Got my POE after sending that email to cic. Was accepted mid-march but never got told. Kinda ****ed my plans a bit not being told then but i have it now so fairly delighted

I hope me sending them an email last night, i will get a reply back saying there was a minor glitch but you got the poe, well i hope do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 morecon

question@cic.gc.ca Just make sure you put *RESEND LOI* as your subject. Best of luck.

Thanks Waylander - sent the email and got a an email response below 2 days later!
    Your application has been approved. Due to technical issues, your original letter of introduction was not sent out.
    A new LOI was sent out today and should be available in your MyCIC account.

I would still be waiting for them to let me know. Now i can start planning and booking flights :)
    :D

ya i guess it is, i hope to hear back from them in a few days with my reply when i sent that all my info and had resend loi as subject but sent it at 1.40 am irish time, wonder was that a bad time to send it.

I would not worry about the time. The POE's seem to be coming in for people so id say you will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Mossyman wrote: »
    I would strongly second this.

Did that 11 days ago, asked just to confirm they have everything they need.

Sent it off again this evening.

One more time with feeling....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

Hey all I'm wondering about flights, if one of my change overs was in the US and then on to Calgary would I have to fill out a load of forms and go through US immigration? Or would I just be better off getting a slightly more expensive flight to avoid the US?

media101 wrote: »
    Hey all I'm wondering about flights, if one of my change overs was in the US and then on to Calgary would I have to fill out a load of forms and go through US immigration? Or would I just be better off getting a slightly more expensive flight to avoid the US?

Personally, last year, I avoided the US, if you can, it's less hassle.
    Any contact with the states means more paperwork and your ESTA may possibly have to be up to date too.

Personally, last year, I avoided the US, if you can, it's less hassle.
    Any contact with the states means more paperwork and your ESTA may possibly have to be up to date too.

thanks i was thinking as much... one more question have you ever booked a flight through budgetair.ie?

thanks i was thinking as much... one more question have you ever booked a flight through budgetair.ie?

I haven't, but I just looked at the site and their prices look competitive.
    Wait 'till you get to Canada, the air fares are extortionate, it's insane!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

And I'm accepted!

I emailed them today at 10am and at 1pm was approved.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

Gintonious wrote: »
    And I'm accepted!

I emailed them today at 10am and at 1pm was approved.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

congrats, when are u off?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

End of June time I reckon, its all very real now!

cork/dublin to heathrow and it goes directly from heathrow with no stops in the us straight calgary :D, that is what i am doing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

got mine today after emailing them Monday, so excited!!! total time waiting was 5 weeks

• Advertisement

got mine today after emailing them Monday, so excited!!! total time waiting was 5 weeks

sent them an email 1.40am tuesday irish time but nothing back yet :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement