Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

zabba wrote: »
    When we get the VISA. do we need to do anything with Kompass account?

I rang USIT because mine still said pending but they said to ignore that as it probably wont change until you actually enter the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shaggy008

emfd wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am currently living in Toronto. I am on a one year VISA and in the process of applying for the second but I am having a lot of trouble. Is there anyone here who has applied for their second year from within Canada? I need help as my current VISA is due to expire in 4 weeks! I'm majorly stressed out! :eek:

Im staying just outside Toronto. I applied for the second VISA and got it after about 7 weeks overall. What stage are you at? Have you uploaded your documents to the MyCIC for immigration assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Anyone get a letter in Kompass account from Customs and it just said my name etc and the N/A in body like a waste of letter

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Saramurphy12

Can someone please help me regarding INSURANCE..

I'm in Canada already and looking for the cheapest insurance policy for the two years.

Or has anyone bought insurance and cancelled it after crossing the boarder? If so who did you go with?

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

Can someone please help me regarding INSURANCE..

I'm in Canada already and looking for the cheapest insurance policy for the two years.

Or has anyone bought insurance and cancelled it after crossing the boarder? If so who did you go with?

Thanks so much!

I think you might find your answer on the Health Insurance post if you sift through it. I don't really have any experience with cancelling health insurance after the border, nor have I booked any yet. But I know some people were talking about it in that post! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

Hey guys. So my new passport arrived which I had been waiting for ages for, and I decided to continue my CIC application which I had started a couple of weeks ago. The thing is, I can't remember my User ID/GCkey :/ Can I make another one? Is there anyway of retrieving my old one? Where do I go from here? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pooljinx

anyone know how to get a proof funds for AIB and roughly how long you show go in to them before you go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Saramurphy12

Niamh_M wrote: »
    I think you might find your answer on the Health Insurance post if you sift through it. I don't really have any experience with cancelling health insurance after the border, nor have I booked any yet. But I know some people were talking about it in that post! :)

Thank you Niamh. It has been talked about on that post but unfortunately no outcome. But thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 22 emfd

Shaggy008 wrote: »
    Im staying just outside Toronto. I applied for the second VISA and got it after about 7 weeks overall. What stage are you at? Have you uploaded your documents to the MyCIC for immigration assessment?

Thanks for your reply!
    When I originally made my application one of the questions in the Come to Canada Wizard asked for my country of residence & I selected Canada.. it brought me to a MyCIC page & I made an application for what I thought was the correct thing. After 4 weeks I got an email saying no action was being taken. After two weeks of reading things online & trying to figure out what was wrong I figured out that the country of residence I am supposed to select is Ireland despite the fact that I live in Canada. So I went through the Come to Canada Wizard again, selected Ireland & it brought me to the MyCIC page where I have the IMM1295E & they are requesting police certificates. I have uploaded everything except the police certificate. I got a police certificate before I left Ireland in 2012 and I have no been back since.. how am I supposed to get another or are they asking for a Canadian Police Certificate? Once I upload all these documents how long should it take? My current VISA is due to expire on June 8th 2013 and if I dont have the new one by then I have to leave my job! Never been so stressed in my life! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

The IEC updated my account last night to approved for immigration assessment and final decision. There was a message saying welcome to canada in it too. I actually cant wait till june 19! :D:D

• Advertisement

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    The IEC updated my account last night to approved for immigration assessment and final decision. There was a message saying welcome to canada in it too. I actually cant wait till june 19! :D:D

How long after you got the POE letter did they update it?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Kev_2012 wrote: »

I got that to but the welcome to Canada isn't the poe, i was told last week it was a glitch in the system, so i should receive my poe within the next 7 working days if not to "please reply to this email and provide us with a screen shot of the My Messages section of your MyCIC Welcome page." which i did moments ago, so fingers crossed but saying that once i got that email, my final 2 status's changed to approved and accepted but no poe.

Got my POE on the 3rd of March, put my W number from that into the IEC Kompass account pretty much straight away and it updated in the Kompass account last night.

Found it overall to be a very easy process, but it took a bit of time!

I got that to but the welcome to Canada isn't the poe, i was told last week it was a glitch in the system, so i should receive my poe within the next 7 working days if not to "please reply to this email and provide us with a screen shot of the My Messages section of your MyCIC Welcome page." which i did moments ago, so fingers crossed but saying that once i got that email, my final 2 status's changed to approved and accepted but no poe.

Yeah I know that, you don't actually need the Welcome to Canada thing at all, but it's nice to see it! :D You don't get the Welcome to Canada message in your Kompass account until after you receive your POE. The POE comes from your MyCIC account.

Actually just in case anyone was having the same issue, on the MyCIC, clicking on the POE message to download the letter has stopped working in Firefox and Chrome anyway. If you click on the message you want to download, the page will refresh, and when you go down to the bottom, you will see a new link there saying "To view this message, click here." below the list of messages. Hope that helps anyone that got stuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Pleased to announce both my gf and myself, aswell as a good mate who's still at home got our visas today, celebrating with a few wild rose SOBs and some WHL playoff hockey, absolutely delighted, keep the faith people they'll get through them

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Arias

I have a 2012 Letter of Introduction from last year when the visa was only for one year. I will finally arrive in Canada in a couple of weeks time.
    Just wondering if anyone has heard of anyone with a 2012 LOI that was stamped with a two year permit at the border? Just wondered if there's any hope that might happen me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

Arias wrote: »
    I have a 2012 Letter of Introduction from last year when the visa was only for one year. I will finally arrive in Canada in a couple of weeks time.
    Just wondering if anyone has heard of anyone with a 2012 LOI that was stamped with a two year permit at the border? Just wondered if there's any hope that might happen me :)

I am the same i will be heading over in a few weeks with 2012 LOI but i hope i dont get stamped for two years. When i reapply next year i will get a 2 year visa then ill get 3 years instead of just two years like the 2013 visa that doesnt let you get another visa! they would hardly stamp you for 2 now then let you reapply in 2014 for another 2 years!! be good if they did tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

If you are planning on staying why not do the legwork at the start and get setup for PR and not rely on holiday visas?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Still waiting lads....
    I sent the resend LOI email three times in the last two weeks and nothing!
    Put a message in my IEC account and they brushed me off to MyCIC, so, no joy there.
    Any other ideas or is it time to consider other shores ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alanmc87

Thanks for your reply!
    When I originally made my application one of the questions in the Come to Canada Wizard asked for my country of residence & I selected Canada.. it brought me to a MyCIC page & I made an application for what I thought was the correct thing. After 4 weeks I got an email saying no action was being taken. After two weeks of reading things online & trying to figure out what was wrong I figured out that the country of residence I am supposed to select is Ireland despite the fact that I live in Canada. So I went through the Come to Canada Wizard again, selected Ireland & it brought me to the MyCIC page where I have the IMM1295E & they are requesting police certificates. I have uploaded everything except the police certificate. I got a police certificate before I left Ireland in 2012 and I have no been back since.. how am I supposed to get another or are they asking for a Canadian Police Certificate? Once I upload all these documents how long should it take? My current VISA is due to expire on June 8th 2013 and if I dont have the new one by then I have to leave my job! Never been so stressed in my life! :(

Did you get it sorted?I applied from toronto. I had to write a letter and send it back home to get my garda clearance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 spal87

I applied for my visa in January and received my letter of acceptance in late February,for some reason I did not save they pdf and now need to get access to my cic account so I can save and print the letter of acceptance, however I've forgotten my username anyone else done the same? who did you contact for help?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 emfd

alanmc87 wrote: »
    Did you get it sorted?I applied from toronto. I had to write a letter and send it back home to get my garda clearance

I'm also in Toronto & I thought I'd have to do the same but I got my mum to go to my local Garda Station in Ireland & she got it sorted & scanned to me so I finally got my application submitted today, May 1st. My current visa expires in 5 weeks so I'll have to hope I get my new visa by then! Otherwise I lose my job! :( Did you get yours? Anyone know how long it takes from submission of documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shaggy000

I'm also in Toronto & I thought I'd have to do the same but I got my mum to go to my local Garda Station in Ireland & she got it sorted & scanned to me so I finally got my application submitted today, May 1st. My current visa expires in 5 weeks so I'll have to hope I get my new visa by then! Otherwise I lose my job! :( Did you get yours? Anyone know how long it takes from submission of documents?

I was waiting from feb 20th until April 21st.there was people submitted before me and are still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

I apologise in advance because I know this has been answered already, but trying to find said answer in amongst the hundreds of search results is proving a pain, so...

Got word last night that, despite being a few hundred outside the initial allocation the quota had yet to be filled and asking for payment. Woo, and indeed, hoo!

So I'm basically where most of you were 3 months ago. Payment. I want to make an online payment, because I'm not in Ireland, and I want to use a BOI while Mrs K will be using an AIB one.

How on earth do we do this and get the information required for the payment? Plenty have done so so I know it's easy/possible, just don't know how!

Any help (a page number for a post detailing it already on the thread even, which is probably the best solution!) much appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

Do the payment as an transfer using SWIFT & IBAN rather than sort & acc number and that will give you a receipt that you can print. It has the majority of the details on it. (I was AIB but I presume BOI is the same).

I then wrote at the bottom the full list of items asked for and put the answer for each thing even if it was already above.I can't remember what they were but something like:
    Name -
    Acc transferred from -
    WTN -
    etc, the whole way down and scanned that to them and my payment was verified in 4 hours. So just make sure everything is glaringly obvious and the should have no reason not to match it straight away!

Goodluck!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

CBCB2 wrote: »
    Do the payment as an transfer using SWIFT & IBAN rather than sort & acc number and that will give you a receipt that you can print. It has the majority of the details on it. (I was AIB but I presume BOI is the same).

I then wrote at the bottom the full list of items asked for and put the answer for each thing even if it was already above.I can't remember what they were but something like:
    Name -
    Acc transferred from -
    WTN -
    etc, the whole way down and scanned that to them and my payment was verified in 4 hours. So just make sure everything is glaringly obvious and the should have no reason not to match it straight away!

Goodluck!

Ah, so just add the missing stuff to the bottom yourself? The simple solutions are always the best! Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

Yeah. That's what worked for me! :)

You're welcomes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

Hey guys, glad to say myself and the girlfriend got our visas! but we got no idea how to start planning, anyone have any advice on how much money to bring over and what the craic is with finding a place to rent???

eoino90 wrote: »
    Hey guys, glad to say myself and the girlfriend got our visas! but we got no idea how to start planning, anyone have any advice on how much money to bring over and what the craic is with finding a place to rent???

As far as i know you need a minimum of 2000 canadian dollars in an account each. As for finding a place to rent, i have a few friend in vancouver and they all swear by craigslist. They also say that most places in canada (or at least vancouver) do not make you sign a contract for an apartment, tying you down to it for a certain number of months, so avoid anyone who tries to pull that shit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

eoino90 wrote: »

Where are you planning to go?
    Halifax accommodation is good value. A lovely room would be $500 a month, but you can get cheaper if you look :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement