Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

Winter is finally over :) Got my POE this morning after an 8 week wait :)
    Two more years ! Happy days !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Corkie87

Just wonder do you have to be living in your country of residency a year before applying for working holiday for Canada in oz now 2nd yr nearly up looking to go Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

CBCB2 wrote: »
    Do the payment as an transfer using SWIFT & IBAN rather than sort & acc number and that will give you a receipt that you can print. It has the majority of the details on it. (I was AIB but I presume BOI is the same).

I then wrote at the bottom the full list of items asked for and put the answer for each thing even if it was already above.I can't remember what they were but something like:
    Name -
    Acc transferred from -
    WTN -
    etc, the whole way down and scanned that to them and my payment was verified in 4 hours. So just make sure everything is glaringly obvious and the should have no reason not to match it straight away!

Goodluck!

The wonders of modern technology mean I can't make the payment from my BOI account online as they have to send a confirmation code, to an address where I won't pick it when it will be too late to pay... I presume the paying account doesn't have to match my details? I.E. If my better half pays, the paying account will be in her name. I presume the details are so they can track the payment, rather than me personally paying. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sarahandphil

got poe today 1 pm applied on 2nd april so one month in total anyone going to edmonton. Do we have to book return flight??????

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alanmc87

emfd wrote: »
    I'm also in Toronto & I thought I'd have to do the same but I got my mum to go to my local Garda Station in Ireland & she got it sorted & scanned to me so I finally got my application submitted today, May 1st. My current visa expires in 5 weeks so I'll have to hope I get my new visa by then! Otherwise I lose my job! :( Did you get yours? Anyone know how long it takes from submission of documents?

The waiting times vary i submitted March 6th and POE on April 23rd. I think your allowed stay here if your waiting to here about a visa so i wouldnt worry. You can call Kathy Murphy she is part of the immigration here or shes got a office downtown and she will tell you for sure.

• Advertisement

The wonders of modern technology mean I can't make the payment from my BOI account online as they have to send a confirmation code, to an address where I won't pick it when it will be too late to pay... I presume the paying account doesn't have to match my details? I.E. If my better half pays, the paying account will be in her name. I presume the details are so they can track the payment, rather than me personally paying. Is that correct?

As long as you got your WTN num on the recipt and an individual payment of 120euro you should be good. I ended up paying twice last year coz the bank fecked up my WTN

got poe today 1 pm applied on 2nd april so one month in total anyone going to edmonton. Do we have to book return flight??????

No i did and never used it

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speri_mental

Hey people.

Just got my POE the other day FINALLY! I'm in Canada at the moment and my travel insurance has expired :S did anyone find a cheap company to go with, just so I have the proof of insurance when I cross at the border?

I'm hoping to get my medical card in the next few months so hopefully wont have to have a legitimate travel insurance coverage. I just want it to show them at the border!

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 safeashouses

Application Submission date: 2 Feb 2013
    Notification Receipt/Request for Payment:
    Payment Date and Bank Name:
    Receipt Uploaded:
    Proof of Payment Verified:
    Conditional Acceptance Received:

MYCIC Documents Submitted: 16 Mar 2013
    Type of Family form submitted (5707/5745): 5707
    Additional Documents Requested:
    Immigration Assessment Approved: 3 May 2013 (although the application says 23rd April)
    Final Decision Approved / Received LOI:

Additional Information:
    I'm currently on a one year IEC, and applied for a 2 year from within Canada. I began email question@cic.gc.ca about 10 days ago with subject "RESEND LOI" requesting for them to resend. I got an update in MyCIC saying I've been approved for visa, although I have not received a letter of introduction nor does my Kompass IEC show I've passed the final 2 immigration steps. When filling out the 5707 form I used my Canadian address.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Arias

jj1787 wrote: »
    I am the same i will be heading over in a few weeks with 2012 LOI but i hope i dont get stamped for two years. When i reapply next year i will get a 2 year visa then ill get 3 years instead of just two years like the 2013 visa that doesnt let you get another visa! they would hardly stamp you for 2 now then let you reapply in 2014 for another 2 years!! be good if they did tho!!

I would be all for doing the same as you if it weren't for the small matter of me turning 36 before next year's visas become available. Had I got there 6 months ago as originally planned, I could have applied for the 2013 IEC too and got three years, but alas life got in the way, and am only getting away this month.

• Advertisement

By the way, does anyone think there is any chance at all that more visas will become available on the CIC website in the next month??
    I heard more became available last year around this time after some applications were rejected, but I know this year that they accepted extra applications to cover this. The site doesn't allow you to even set up a Kompass account to be prepared so not looking good!?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Arias wrote: »
    By the way, does anyone think there is any chance at all that more visas will become available on the CIC website in the next month??
    I heard more became available last year around this time after some applications were rejected, but I know this year that they accepted extra applications to cover this. The site doesn't allow you to even set up a Kompass account to be prepared so not looking good!?
    No they said they won't be issuing any more until next year. Know 2 lads who are on reserve list also (which is of 500-1000) and they checked up but rejections are very low too.

Here in Clagary lads just want to say be prepared looking for rental accommodation. I thought it'd be like Ireland but I was very wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

pooljinx wrote: »
    anyone know how to get a proof funds for AIB and roughly how long you show go in to them before you go ?

Ring them up and ask for balance on your account by closing business day, on a official AIB paper, they can post it to you.. First time I did it it came in 2 days, now waiting for 5 days.. Should be with me soon. Mention also it's for canadian visa, they'll know.

smitas5 wrote: »
    Ring them up and ask for balance on your account by closing business day, on a official AIB paper, they can post it to you.. First time I did it it came in 2 days, now waiting for 5 days.. Should be with me soon. Mention also it's for canadian visa, they'll know.

Anyone know if it is okay to show the balance on a 7 Day Notice Savings Account or does it have to be a Current Account type that you have evidence of? I don't see why they would care as long as you have proof of funds but want to be sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Guys, I would have to get a Police Certificate from Canada as I participated on the IEC program back in 07/08 if I'd like to go on the 2014 program. They say that the Certificate must have been issued within the past 3 months. Does anyone know any long it takes to get a Police Certificate from the RCMP?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Augmerson wrote: »
    Guys, I would have to get a Police Certificate from Canada as I participated on the IEC program back in 07/08 if I'd like to go on the 2014 program. They say that the Certificate must have been issued within the past 3 months. Does anyone know any long it takes to get a Police Certificate from the RCMP?
    '

It's pretty quick, 5 business days, when I enquired.
    If you're not applying 'til next year though, wait, just in case it needs to be less than 3 months old, to be valid for the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Im really confused by the different terms people are using. CIC have sent me a "POE Introduction Letter." Is that different from and LOI or are POE and LOI the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

They told me

Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Call Centre’s e-Services Unit.

"The situation that you have described is the result of a technical problem. Please note that you should receive your Letter of Introduction (LOI) within the next seven (7) working days.

If you do not receive your LOI within the next seven (7) working days, please reply to this email and provide us with a screen shot of the My Messages section of your MyCIC Welcome page.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please note that we are currently working on resolving the issue.

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
    www.cic.gc.ca"

7 working days has passed and i sent what they requested image and send it to them etc but nothing, everything my IEC account is approved but what do i now??

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

smitas5 wrote: »

Hey was this a normal statement or something different ?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Im really confused by the different terms people are using. CIC have sent me a "POE Introduction Letter." Is that different from and LOI or are POE and LOI the same thing?

They are the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

Has anyone here received their POE from the CIC and not gotten their LOI yet from the IEC, I've been waiting about a week and a half for mine to come. my gf's one came within a day after she got her POE, just wondering if anyone else here has the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

As far as i know you need a minimum of 2000 canadian dollars in an account each. As for finding a place to rent, i have a few friend in vancouver and they all swear by craigslist. They also say that most places in canada (or at least vancouver) do not make you sign a contract for an apartment, tying you down to it for a certain number of months, so avoid anyone who tries to pull that shit
    Thanks Crooked Jack, I'll check craigslist before I head over.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

eoino90 wrote: »
    Has anyone here received their POE from the CIC and not gotten their LOI yet from the IEC, I've been waiting about a week and a half for mine to come. my gf's one came within a day after she got her POE, just wondering if anyone else here has the same issue.

it was about a week after when mines landed, but i dont think it makes a difference, its the POE ya need, the other thing doesnt matter, and they wont ask for it at immigration, just the CIC letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

hegarty147 wrote: »
    Hey was this a normal statement or something different ?

No its not same as statement, it's just letter stating that at closing of business day you certain amount of euro in your account.. It is very helpful for those who only got that money borrowed recently, so its not visible.. Doesn't show transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Hi, Can anyone answer me this please-Myself and my bf both applied for visas this year. Mine was approved in March and it has a validity period of 2 years (until 2015) . My bf's visa was just approved on the 2nd May and his only has a validity period of 1 year until 2014..

Does anyone know why this is? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Hi, Can anyone answer me this please-Myself and my bf both applied for visas this year. Mine was approved in March and it has a validity period of 2 years (until 2015) . My bf's visa was just approved on the 2nd May and his only has a validity period of 1 year until 2014..

Does anyone know why this is? :confused:

Im wondering the same thing as mine has 2014 on it too and so does my bf but Im not sure why when most people got 2015.. I know its the date by which it has to be activated but Im worried there will be further problems when we get to the immigration at the airport.......... If you find out let me know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

DIDO!:)

del777 wrote: »
    Im wondering the same thing as mine has 2014 on it too and so does my bf but Im not sure why when most people got 2015.. I know its the date by which it has to be activated but Im worried there will be further problems when we get to the immigration at the airport.......... If you find out let me know! :)

They dated some of them wrong you usually get a year to activate it. My visa i got until 2015 to activate it but once you enter canada you wil get 2 years before it expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 colmac

What up heads.thanks to everyone on here for info over last few months...it was a big help. heading to calgary on june 5. just checking, are we givin social insurance numbers at border or apply for them or what. ?? trying to do as much as i can here before i go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

ya get them while ure thru, service canada centres, should be a few of them spotted around calgary, go early in the morning, i queued for an hour the last day, just google sin card calgary, places should come up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement