Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LaineyB

Augmerson wrote: »
    Guys, I would have to get a Police Certificate from Canada as I participated on the IEC program back in 07/08 if I'd like to go on the 2014 program. They say that the Certificate must have been issued within the past 3 months. Does anyone know any long it takes to get a Police Certificate from the RCMP?

Hey,
    I already worked in Canada in either 2004 or 2005, and because i was already there i didnt have to provide a Police Cert for Canada. My visa has been approved and all already. I just gave them all my other Country police certs and all was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Still waiting lads....
    I sent the resend LOI email three times in the last two weeks and nothing!
    Put a message in my IEC account and they brushed me off to MyCIC, so, no joy there.
    Any other ideas or is it time to consider other shores ?

I'm just wondering are you in Canada at the moment? Would you chance taking a trip to the border in the hope that your visa is actually approved and sitting there waiting on you? There was a poster just recently who went with her husband to the border as his was approved, and hers wasn't, yet when they checked there it was! No POE/LOI received! So you could chance it if you're over there and a border trip wasn't too far of a trek? Be well worth it if the visa is there!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

CatMc48 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering are you in Canada at the moment? Would you chance taking a trip to the border in the hope that your visa is actually approved and sitting there waiting on you? There was a poster just recently who went with her husband to the border as his was approved, and hers wasn't, yet when they checked there it was! No POE/LOI received! So you could chance it if you're over there and a border trip wasn't too far of a trek? Be well worth it if the visa is there!

Yes I'm in Canada at the moment.
    Yikes, what happens if its not there, I'm stuck in flaming America!!!

Yes I'm in Canada at the moment.
    Yikes, what happens if its not there, I'm stuck in flaming America!!!

Well could you come back in on a visitor visa then? Like if you're current visa is up, and you're going to be going on implied status while waiting on the IEC decision, then you're no worse off? If your current visa is still valid then just leave/come back, on it??

Well could you come back in on a visitor visa then? Like if you're current visa is up, and you're going to be going on implied status while waiting on the IEC decision, then you're no worse off? If your current visa is still valid then just leave/come back, on it??

Yeah, I could leave and come back on the current one alright, thanks.

• Advertisement

I have a question regarding SIN's - we were in Canada for a year back in '08/'09 and will be returning again in September this year - would our SIN still be valid does anyone know? I'll check it out on the government website too, but just thought I'd throw it out there!!

.......actually, I think they might have an expiry date, so scrap that query!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

I have a question regarding SIN's - we were in Canada for a year back in '08/'09 and will be returning again in September this year - would our SIN still be valid does anyone know? I'll check it out on the government website too, but just thought I'd throw it out there!!

.......actually, I think they might have an expiry date, so scrap that query!! :)

Your SIN number will still be the same, however you will have to go back into Service Canada to get a card. If you still have your card from before you will notice there is an expiry date on it. (at least mine did). You just basically go in, show your visa, and you get your new updated card in the post in about 3 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 barrows

Hi guys, i applied for my visa on 05/03/13 along with my girlfriend. She recieved her LOI/POE on 35/03/13. However I'm still waiting for mine. Can someone please tell me what to do. I've seen people have emailed question@... but when i tried that twice it came back undelivered. Same result with a friend of mine who is still waiting. What can I do to get this sorted? Whoever can help me get this sorted can have a pint on me when i arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

barrows wrote: »
    Hi guys, i applied for my visa on 05/03/13 along with my girlfriend. She recieved her LOI/POE on 35/03/13. However I'm still waiting for mine. Can someone please tell me what to do. I've seen people have emailed question@... but when i tried that twice it came back undelivered. Same result with a friend of mine who is still waiting. What can I do to get this sorted? Whoever can help me get this sorted can have a pint on me when i arrive.

Did you make sure have all the info in the email like your application number, wtn number, full name, full address, passport number etc and send it to Question@cic.gc.ca and in the subject box put *URGENT RESEND LOI*

Once sent off you should get reply of a automatic email saying loads of different stuff but ignore it, they should reply in a few days saying the following:

Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Call Centre’s e-Services Unit.

The situation that you have described is the result of a technical problem. Please note that you should receive your Letter of Introduction (LOI) within the next seven (7) working days.

If you do not receive your LOI within the next seven (7) working days, please reply to this email and provide us with a screen shot of the My Messages section of your MyCIC Welcome page.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please note that we are currently working on resolving the issue.

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
    www.cic.gc.ca

I have waited and herd nothing since as they said would get my LOI within 7 days so i sent them a screenshot of what they requested and still nothing, just have to wait few days before i send another screenshot etc but i am glad to know i got it as i herd nothing for ages making me think, did i get it or not, plus that evening i got that response, my IEC account all updated to approved etc, so i am just waiting on this LOI, i might call them this evening to see what the problem is. (I submitted everything the 3rd of March)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tony1212121

Hello everyone,

I got my POE this afternoon. It was 18 days since I applied. I would like to thank everyone here for all their help during a stressful and complex process. I hope that all here waiting get their's soon.

Tony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

Hey guys. Just wondering if it is at all possible to start the stage 2 application over again? I have forgotten my GCkey, have it half done but was waiting on a passport which came recently. Went to continue the application but completely forget my GCkey...Can I make a new one? What do I do? I know I've asked this before but nobody replied :( PLEASE someone reply, I am stressed to the nines and my friends already have their official acceptance and I just have my conditional letter of acceptance! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

*UPDATE*

Got my LOI earlier on this evening, so thank you to everyone who has helped me out over the last few months, ye know who ye are, drinks on me in Canada :D! Best of luck to the rest, I am sure ye will get them in due time!

Peace out and see ye on the flip side!

ps any questions just PM me, I will be glad to help ye out if i can in anyway!

JuicyJim wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just wondering if it is at all possible to start the stage 2 application over again? I have forgotten my GCkey, have it half done but was waiting on a passport which came recently. Went to continue the application but completely forget my GCkey...Can I make a new one? What do I do? I know I've asked this before but nobody replied :( PLEASE someone reply, I am stressed to the nines and my friends already have their official acceptance and I just have my conditional letter of acceptance! :(

You can start stage 2 again, not sure about a new GCKey, but you can definitely delete your checklist to start again and give yourself a new 60day window.

Sorry now, this probably isn't much help! What I would do though is just chance setting up a new one. At the end of the day you hadn't actually submitted any of the documents you uploaded into the other account, so it's not like they're being used for a different application (ie your other GCKey account).

Just try it and see - or submit your email address and see if they can send you a new password?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

Lads what's the story? I need ure to make me feel better because CIC have me tearing my hair out here!! Ive been waiting since the beginning of March for my LOI and nothing ip until last week when I got the technical issue email. It's been seven days since, I've sent them the screenshot and yet again, CIC arent delivering the service they said they would. I'm still in the dark and I need to get going quick before tax, insurance is up etc. they actually have my head melted
    Anybody else on the same position with CIC?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elnino08

Hi folks, looking for a bit for a bit of advice.
    Myself and my wife are looking at applying for IEC for 2014. When can you submit applications from?
    Im also turning 36 in January so does the application process start from when your application is received?
    Just want to make sure we get it done in plenty of time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

Sorry bud, think you're out of luck, as you need to be 35 when your app is approved, don't think that's possible in your case if you turn 36 in January (someone correct me if i'm wrong). Guess you could look into the other options e.g. skilled migrant type visas..

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

You have to between 18-35 at the time of applying for the visa. You might have a chance depending one when your birthday is and when they actually release the visas. They say on the website they expect to release info on 2014 visas the end of this year.

See the IEC web page below for the eligibility criteria for 2013 applications.
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/working_holiday-vacances_travail.aspx

Good luck!

elnino08 wrote: »
    Hi folks, looking for a bit for a bit of advice.
    Myself and my wife are looking at applying for IEC for 2014. When can you submit applications from?
    Im also turning 36 in January so does the application process start from when your application is received?
    Just want to make sure we get it done in plenty of time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You have a chance, it's all about the window of application though.
    I turned 36 after applying and that hasn't been a deterring factor.

You're really at the mercy of when they open for business and getting your application in before turning 36.
    Make sure you have your Garda Clearance Cert sorted, so it's not holding up your application, so I'd recommend, applying for that in November, you'll have it ready for the application date. It can't be more than 3 months old though.
    Also, check your passport is in order, if it needs to be replaced, have that done and dusted.
    Just try to have everything ready for the day they open.
    Have your CV up to date too, just try to take off the pressure in advance as you'll need a clear run of things when they do open.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shay555

Hi guys.......
    Just wondering if anyone is heading to Montreal, from what i've been reading the majority of people going are heading towards Toronto, Vancouver, or Calgary. Gonna give Montreal a shot. I've heard the cost of living is considerably cheaper and the standard of living is meant to be quite high there. I have a decent grasp of the French language and hope it will improve if i just immerse myself in one of the french neighbourhoods in the city. Just wondering if anyone can provide any good information about the city n relation to the Irish there, or info in jobs etc. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Shay555 wrote: »
    Hi guys.......
    Just wondering if anyone is heading to Montreal, from what i've been reading the majority of people going are heading towards Toronto, Vancouver, or Calgary. Gonna give Montreal a shot. I've heard the cost of living is considerably cheaper and the standard of living is meant to be quite high there. I have a decent grasp of the French language and hope it will improve if i just immerse myself in one of the french neighbourhoods in the city. Just wondering if anyone can provide any good information about the city n relation to the Irish there, or info in jobs etc. Thanks
    Canadians are nice people but that area is very stubborn like they hate talking English and treat you like crap if you try. Just word of warning like have the French as it is big thing in that area (not just Montreal but all that region)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 elnino08

Thanks for the help folks, will give it a crack anyway and make sure we're on the ball and have everything sorted so fingers crossed.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jellywoo87

Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone on the waiting list (over WTN 6350) has been contacted and asked to make a payment yet? I know of one person whose WTN was around the 6700 mark, and was asked to pay at the end of April. I am currently in Edmonton with my boyfriend. We didn't realise they were being snapped up at such a crazy rate, and unfortunately we are both just over the WTN 7100 mark!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Im doing up my Canadian resume at the moment. Does anyone know what address i should put in? Thinking of applying for jobs in whistler online maybe before we go, but what address should i put in now? would it be better to have an irish address??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rufusrock

:confused:hey , could someone tell me, ive recived my point of entry letter in my cic account, is that it, am i ready to go now or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Anyone? :rolleyes:
    Cream Bun wrote: »
    Im doing up my Canadian resume at the moment. Does anyone know what address i should put in? Thinking of applying for jobs in whistler online maybe before we go, but what address should i put in now? would it be better to have an irish address??

Cream Bun wrote: »

My Irish address is currently on my CV as I don't have a Canadian one - won't be there until September. I'd just explain in the cover letter that you have your IEC Visa and are intending to be in Canada for whatever date, and should be self-explainatory then for the Irish address being on the cv/resume.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Booked flights today to Vancouver, 10th of July, everything changes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

rufusrock wrote: »
    :confused:hey , could someone tell me, ive recived my point of entry letter in my cic account, is that it, am i ready to go now or what ?

Id like an answer to this too as Im very confused by the different things people have been talking about doing on this thread. I certainly dont trust USIT as the people they put me through to keep ignoring my questions and telling me not to worry and I'v already been caught out twice cause of them.
    Seriously, I would not be going if it wasnt for this thread. huge help.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Yes, once you have your POE letter you're good to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 alanmc87

Id like an answer to this too as Im very confused by the different things people have been talking about doing on this thread. I certainly dont trust USIT as the people they put me through to keep ignoring my questions and telling me not to worry and I'v already been caught out twice cause of them.
    Seriously, I would not be going if it wasnt for this thread. huge help.

USIT are a joke i paid them 600 for nothing and the flights they wanted me to take where 700euro more than the ones i got online. i just cancelled when i applyed with usit still lost 600 tho. There money grabbers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement