Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 peble

Hi everyone ,just noticed that I received a message on the IEC acc. ,so I went to open it and it said " We are pleased to hear that you were successful in Stage 2...you were issued a Letter of Introduction by Citizenship and Immigration Canada." Is that meaning that I will receive another email or they will post it out to my address? I appologise if this has been already asked but just found it confusing because this only seems like a notification rather than the actual LOI because at the bottom it says " This letter is not your Letter of Introduction" .
    Also I have question about the 2 year insurance -which one did you go for and how much is it ?
    I would really appreciate if someone helps me to understand where I stand and if I have to do something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

hi... just wondering where to get the best rate changing Euro to Canadian while in Toronto. Would simply withdrawing money from my Irish bank account on a Canadian ATM be the best plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melonball

Hi Peble, I'm the same not sure what to do next!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 peble

Hi melonball
    I hope someone answers soon ...by the way what insurance are you thinking of getting? I am not sure myself ,but seen lots of people talking about the backpackers travel insurance ,which is under 300 euro for 2 years .

haven't even thought that far ahead, been so long waiting that ive never even thought id get it! yea hopefully someone will know!!!

• Advertisement

Hi can anyone help me here....ive got a message in my Kompass account the welcome to canada letter. My main page says Immigration Approved
    Final Accepted

I havent received anything else and im unsure what to do next. Do i wait for more info...i.e POE or Acceptance letter or do i have to update anything?
    Also it shows my application but when i click on the link to view the application it wont open as it says there is "invalid characters" in the link!

sorry for hassle and thanks in advance! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

melonball wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help me here....ive got a message in my Kompass account the welcome to canada letter. My main page says Immigration Approved
    Final Accepted

I havent received anything else and im unsure what to do next. Do i wait for more info...i.e POE or Acceptance letter or do i have to update anything?

sorry for hassle and thanks in advance! Cheers!

If you scanned the thread or done a quick search you would find that all you need is your POE (previously called the LOI). There is no need to wait for anything else from any of the accounts you set up. Only the letter will allow you to get your visa when you arrive in Canada.

Print it out along with all the other things you need, i.e. insurance, proof of funds, etc. and you're good to go.

Mossyman wrote: »
    If you scanned the thread or done a quick search you would find that all you need is your POE (previously called the LOI). There is no need to wait for anything else from any of the accounts you set up. Only the letter will allow you to get your visa when you arrive in Canada.

Print it out along with all the other things you need, i.e. insurance, proof of funds, etc. and you're good to go.

ok so only need to print out that letter "Welcome to Canada" and bring it with me? cheers for your help, appreciate it!

I'm not sure which one that is but the POE is the letter you got from the CIC. It will say that your application has been approved and will have a box stating the type of permit, document number and permit validity.

I'm not sure which one that is but the POE is the letter you got from the CIC. It will say that your application has been approved and will have a box stating the type of permit, document number and permit validity.

No it doesn't say what type of permit it is or for how long, Just tells me to fill out a survey pre departure. It also says this on the letter:

"Important note: This letter is not your Letter of Introduction and you cannot use this letter to enter Canada. In order for you to obtain a work permit, you must present a valid Letter of Introduction (Immigration form IMM 5665) issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and your passport to a border services officer at the port of entry (POE) upon your arrival in Canada. Visit IEC website for additional information on the Letter of Introduction and what to expect at the port of entry."

• Advertisement

melonball wrote: »
    No it doesn't say what type of permit it is or for how long, Just tells me to fill out a survey pre departure. It also says this on the letter:

"Important note: This letter is not your Letter of Introduction and you cannot use this letter to enter Canada. In order for you to obtain a work permit, you must present a valid Letter of Introduction (Immigration form IMM 5665) issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and your passport to a border services officer at the port of entry (POE) upon your arrival in Canada. Visit IEC website for additional information on the Letter of Introduction and what to expect at the port of entry."

This is quite explanatory then. It's not your POE (CIC obviously hasn't gotten around to changing LOI to POE).

This is quite explanatory then. It's not your POE (CIC obviously hasn't gotten around to changing LOI to POE).

Ok I sound stupid but does that mean they have to send me the LOI, its all confusing to me! I must have to wait for another letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

jellywoo87 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone on the waiting list (over WTN 6350) has been contacted and asked to make a payment yet? I know of one person whose WTN was around the 6700 mark, and was asked to pay at the end of April. I am currently in Edmonton with my boyfriend. We didn't realise they were being snapped up at such a crazy rate, and unfortunately we are both just over the WTN 7100 mark!!!

I was around 6700 and got notification I was accepted (to apply - not that my visa was approved) and payment details at the start of May

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Baraboy78

I was around 6700 and got notification I was accepted (to apply - not that my visa was approved) and payment details at the start of May

Im past 7000 probably no chance of getting to the next stage till next year

• Registered Users Posts: 35 locoo

Hi guys,

I am just finished college. I am looking for a job doing anything really. I have the visa and I am hoping to leave next week I'm just a bit nervous about not getting a job. I would like to go to Edmonton, Regina or Calgary. I wouldn't mind labouring but I don't want to be isolated in the sticks as I'm heading alone.

Does anybody know where or how I might find a job. I'm hoping to work as much as possible.

Thanks in advance..

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

locoo wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am just finished college. I am looking for a job doing anything really. I have the visa and I am hoping to leave next week I'm just a bit nervous about not getting a job. I would like to go to Edmonton, Regina or Calgary. I wouldn't mind labouring but I don't want to be isolated in the sticks as I'm heading alone.

Does anybody know where or how I might find a job. I'm hoping to work as much as possible.

Thanks in advance..

If your looking to find a job ASAP and lots of work go to Saskatchewan . Unemployment there is 3.5% ! lowest in Canada . Its summer so weather's great . You mentioned Regina but also look into Saskatoon its a bigger town .
    Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If you arrive in Toronto then decide to move somewhere else after a few months do you need a new work permit for that part of Canada or are you ok to work no matter what province it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

krudler wrote: »
    If you arrive in Toronto then decide to move somewhere else after a few months do you need a new work permit for that part of Canada or are you ok to work no matter what province it is?

You can work in any province.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tired79

I've forgotten my G/C key a/c password ( https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s23e35d4ac7bc62910ebfcf6706c6ab9e61a96267e ) and can't get the security questions right either! ( https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/fp?execution=e1s2 ) there doesn't seem to be an email link password reset available! so I emailed them at this address Question@cic.gc.ca ( i got from usit)and I got an automated reply, saying give 2-3 working days, that was last week! anybody else got a phone no. for them or advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

alanmc87 wrote: »
    USIT are a joke i paid them 600 for nothing and the flights they wanted me to take where 700euro more than the ones i got online. i just cancelled when i applyed with usit still lost 600 tho. There money grabbers

Sounds like the shower in Global Visas....
    broke my heart for almost a year and a half in total. Ugh.
    http://www.canyoutrustthem.com/index...d=Isaac+Ashton

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

alanmc87 wrote: »
    USIT are a joke i paid them 600 for nothing and the flights they wanted me to take where 700euro more than the ones i got online. i just cancelled when i applyed with usit still lost 600 tho. There money grabbers

I send them a letter today with CV. Are they that bad? No hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Clover139

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help. So myself and my boyfriend applied for our work permits with CIC on the 9th April. On the 29th of April they got back to me saying I had to re-upload one of my documents, so I did so straight away. My boyfriend received his visa the week after, so he was only waiting 4 weeks total. I am still waiting, going into my 8th week :( Has anyone any idea how much that silly mistake will delay me by? We are hoping to be going to Canada in August so really wanted to have flights etc. booked by now! Tried to see if I could call the CIC offices but says they can't be contacted from outside of Canada (which seems a bit ridiculous). I emailed them before about something else and it took them 2 weeks to get back to me. Somebody please tell me something to re-assure me!!! Haha

Dont panic yet I overlooked an email and didnt update my accoubt no thing and it set me back weeks! Was waiting since feb and only got it last week so just sit tight and it will come!

Thanks to everyone on this for the advice and help throughout was great tom have others to ask help of! Best of luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

Hey,

I got my POE Introduction letter a few weeks back. I got a mail from the IEC today asking me to upload my CIC file number. But on the CIC site theres nowhere to upload anything now. Did anyone else get asked for this? I thought when i got the POE Introduction letter that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

Hey,

I got my POE Introduction letter a few weeks back. I got a mail from the IEC today asking me to upload my CIC file number. But on the CIC site theres nowhere to upload anything now. Did anyone else get asked for this? I thought when i got the POE Introduction letter that was it.

Yes, I just got this same email just now. It's strange because I have my permit and have been in Canada a month now.

Fair enough, so i can still get in. I dunno, i just sent off a mail there now. Id say its just for them to close off applications as part of a complete process or something so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I got a mail from CIC telling me I have a new message in my inbox.

When I try to login it says invalid password/email combo. So I say I have forgotten my password, but when I input my email address to retrieve it, it says invalid email account?

Anyone had similar issues???

think that happened me a long time ago. You have to delete your cookies i think and then open a browser and try it again

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Got an email from CIC saying my application is approved, woohoo! is the work permit number the document number? That needs to be uploaded to the IEC account now? there's a UCI number, application number and document number on the letter I got, presume its the document one? says type-doc number and validity date in three boxes near the top of the letter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Shay555

Hi guys

Will be in Canada in a months time ............. Just wondering if anyone knows of any Irish shops scattered around Canada which stock any Irish foods, such as Tayto, Lyons gold blend teabags, etc ......... The essentials !!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement