Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Shay555 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Will be in Canada in a months time ............. Just wondering if anyone knows of any Irish shops scattered around Canada which stock any Irish foods, such as Tayto, Lyons gold blend teabags, etc ......... The essentials !!!!!

Where are you going to? Canada is big man!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shay555

Hi well we are flying into Montreal and plan to spend a few months there and then probably moving on to Toronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ricomc77

Hey everyone,

I received an approved POV letter from CIC at the beginning of may which is all good. But, on my IEC application there are still a couple of pendings (immigration assesment and final decision). I emailed IEC and they said that when I get a LOI letter from CIC that they will then send me a welcome letter. Does anyone know whether I should have received an LOI letter by now and does the POV letter not mean that I am good to go as it is??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Shay555 wrote: »
    Hi well we are flying into Montreal and plan to spend a few months there and then probably moving on to Toronto.

Shay, are you planing on working in Montreal? Can you speak French :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aodhanmag

I got my LOE a good few weeks back. So there last week I put my cic number into my Kompass account but now it is sent me an email saying that "cic number not uploaded" even though it appears on my kompass account now. Any one know why this is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Shay555

Yea well i feel like i have a good knowledge of french by now ............ I got my ipod full of different programs and listen to it a couple of hours every day ......... I am definently improving ......... I think when i am completely surrounded by it, my vocabulary should improve and should then feel more comfortable conversing in it ......... As regards a job , i will do anything when i first get there ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Hi guys. Since I received my conditional offer back in February I have yet to complete stage two. I'm completely lost and leaving everything to the last minute as per f usual. Can anyone tell what the Hell I have to do. Thanks

Weathering wrote: »
    Hi guys. Since I received my conditional offer back in February I have yet to complete stage two. I'm completely lost and leaving everything to the last minute as per f usual. Can anyone tell what the Hell I have to do. Thanks

Have you set up an account with CIC yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

how long does the garda cert last for....my garda cert is from january and completeing stage 2 now....will i have to get an updated one?

thanks in advance for replies!:)

snoopmadra wrote: »
    how long does the garda cert last for....my garda cert is from january and completeing stage 2 now....will i have to get an updated one?

thanks in advance for replies!:)

I believe it only lasts for 3 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Clover139

Can anyone tell me how or if it is possible to enter Canada without a visa and wait for it over there? Because I am waiting a sickeningly long time now and I just saw on the CIC website that they have gone on strike so there are gonna be further delays !!!! I wanted to be there by August so as ya can imagine I'm going out of my mind !

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

You can't really.
    I had to wait, it's a total nuisance but there's nothing you can do.
    Even for people who are in Canada and getting new visas, they have to leave the country and re-enter to activate the next visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Clover139 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how or if it is possible to enter Canada without a visa and wait for it over there? Because I am waiting a sickeningly long time now and I just saw on the CIC website that they have gone on strike so there are gonna be further delays !!!! I wanted to be there by August so as ya can imagine I'm going out of my mind !

A tourist visa is generally issued for 6 months. You wouldn't be able to work, but if you had the funds you could live/travel until your IEC visa comes through. To activate your IEC visa you would have to leave and re-enter the country. A lot of people 'flagpole', usually hop on a bus to the border, go onto the USA side and then cross straight back over the Canadian border. Or u could fly to some American place, stay a few days (or not) and then head back and activate the visa the airport on the Canadian side. Although I head flights to USA can be pricey. Also keep in mind you'll need your proof of funds/insurance details for going back through customs so you'd want to be bringing a fair few quid with you from the start.

Hi, does anyone know if the POE letter is the final one or do i still need to wait for a LOI letter?? Cheers.

ricomc77 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if the POE letter is the final one or do i still need to wait for a LOI letter?? Cheers.

They're the same thing. 😄 If you have your POE you're good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Don't forget to update your timelines to give others an idea how long they can expect to wait:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Clover139

I just read on the CIC website that the workers who process visas are going on strike all across the world. For god sake!!! No wonder I'm waiting so long!!!

Cool cool thanks. Its just with the IEC crowd they told me they would send me a 'Welcome to Canada' letter when CIC send my LOI and as well as that the final two steps (immigration assesment and final decision) on my IEC account are still pending? On the IEC account do you know which number goes into the 'CIC file number'?....is it the one that starts with the W?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

ricomc77 wrote: »
    Cool cool thanks. Its just with the IEC crowd they told me they would send me a 'Welcome to Canada' letter when CIC send my LOI and as well as that the final two steps (immigration assesment and final decision) on my IEC account are still pending? On the IEC account do you know which number goes into the 'CIC file number'?....is it the one that starts with the W?

There was about three or four weeks between me recieving my POE/LOI and my Welcome to Canada letter. I freaked out too.
    It will come. Email IEC if youre that worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MayoArsehole

Reading all this I can't help feeling people never seem to question that the whole visa thing is overly complicated and time consuming. Increasingly people are only judged by numbers and once you accept that system without question you cease to be recognized in more human terms. Why should we have to be judged on our employment skills, what about who we are? do people not care about emotional intelligence at all? if it were a fair world people would be allowed come and go as they please and do as they please as long as they are not criminals or dangerous.

• Advertisement

^^ do not feed the trolls!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PollyMe

Hey,

Does anyone know what insurance company to go with? I'm currently on my first year visa in Canada which expires in August and need to renew my insurance for the next two years. I asked go4less but they said they they can only do insurance for a total of 2 years ( I already booked my first year through them) and blue insurance seems to be only for people who haven't left Ireland yet. Any help will be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

I used ACE and found it convenient, though i didn't have to make any claims

http://www.acetravellerinsurance.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

Hey guys, I've posted here a few times before but need a bit of help with my application.

Have everything done for My CIC application, all documents provided but one; The family form, or IMM5707....or is it IMM5645? A friend of mine who applied much earlier used the IMM5645 which had a section for siblings, but my application is telling me to fill in the IMM5707 form which has NO SECTION FOR SIBLINGS??? I'm very confused. I know when I first signed up to My CIC in May that it said one of the forms might have changed.

Anyway, if anybody that applied in or around May up until now could help me out, I would be eternally grateful! This application has me down in the dumps and it's just this one part I need done so I can finally send it off!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

...anyone? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

JuicyJim wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've posted here a few times before but need a bit of help with my application.

Have everything done for My CIC application, all documents provided but one; The family form, or IMM5707....or is it IMM5645? A friend of mine who applied much earlier used the IMM5645 which had a section for siblings, but my application is telling me to fill in the IMM5707 form which has NO SECTION FOR SIBLINGS??? I'm very confused. I know when I first signed up to My CIC in May that it said one of the forms might have changed.

Anyway, if anybody that applied in or around May up until now could help me out, I would be eternally grateful! This application has me down in the dumps and it's just this one part I need done so I can finally send it off!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

I replied to you just there in the Megathread 2!
    ...anyone? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PollyMe

I applied in March but at the time the form IMM5707 had a list of countries at the end of it that needed to fill that one out, and a link to IMM5645 for other countries and Ireland was one. So I filled out IMM5645 and sent it in. I got my Visa, but I do know of people who filled in IMM5707 and they got the visa too. Just check the end of the form IMM5707 to see if they list of countries is still there, but im pretty sure both are fine. Sorry this prob just confused you more :(

PollyMe wrote: »
    I applied in March but at the time the form IMM5707 had a list of countries at the end of it that needed to fill that one out, and a link to IMM5645 for other countries and Ireland was one. So I filled out IMM5645 and sent it in. I got my Visa, but I do know of people who filled in IMM5707 and they got the visa too. Just check the end of the form IMM5707 to see if they list of countries is still there, but im pretty sure both are fine. Sorry this prob just confused you more :(

Haha no problemeo, it didn't confuse me any more really! Yeah there is a list of countries, and I have a passport for none?? Why was I given IMM5707 as opposed to IMM5645 like my friends? Which one do you reckon I should fill out then? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wally12

Hi everyone,
    I really hope someone can help here. My friend is having trouble with his CIC account. He can login with his Gkey but then it says that he hasn't yet enrolled in mycic. He then proceeds to enroll again but when he puts in his details it says he is already enrolled and does he want to cancel the other account. When he clicks no it skips him back to the page before. So it is just takin him around in a loop. He has emailed cic and they have confirmed that he has been approved and his LOI is in his CIC account but he just can't access his account to get it printed out. He also can't get through to London and was told by others on the phone that they don't deal with his problem. He has contacted the webmaster but no reply yet.

So can anybody give me some advice or help please? We don't understand what is happening :(

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

quick question about the POE letter, I have until may 2014 to activate mine, so is the 2 years from then? the time up until then isnt eating into the 2 year visa? things have changed at work so might stick around a bit longer but at least knowing I still get the full 2 years would make it easier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement