Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

Has anyone been rejected yet?

What are the reasons people are getting rejected for?

I applied on day 1, and got all my info in on time and I'm still waiting to be approved, yet friends who applied at the same time were approved weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

elvisn wrote: »
    Has anyone been rejected yet?

What are the reasons people are getting rejected for?

Hi, yes I have read on forums of people being rejected (and appealing the rejection) If you completed the Kompass section and the Cic application I would be emailing them to see what's going on. Ive heard it can take a few weeks for a reply so best to do it soon. Looks like everyone from very early on have been dealt with and it's people who where in no hurry that are waiting now.

And yes Krudler, the visa starts once you enter Canada once it's within the date given on the POE.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

krudler wrote: »
    quick question about the POE letter, I have until may 2014 to activate mine, so is the 2 years from then? the time up until then isnt eating into the 2 year visa? things have changed at work so might stick around a bit longer but at least knowing I still get the full 2 years would make it easier.

The two years kicks in the day you enter Canada and activate the Visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Panthro wrote: »
    The two years kicks in the day you enter Canada and activate the Visa.

Thanking you, thought as much, do most people enter on a holiday visa to look for work then cross the border and come back to activate the 2 year one? or is that frowned upon

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

The problem with doing that is you have to prove that you're leaving within 90 days if you're on a tourist visa. Also, you'll not be allowed to get a SIN number or open a bank account on a tourist visa.

I had thought about doing it but didn't have a return flight so just went for the visa. Got through immigration in no time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

has anyone actually got an update in their kompass account , got the other part months ago but still no change from pending in the kompass part

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

rusheen wrote: »
    has anyone actually got an update in their kompass account , got the other part months ago but still no change from pending in the kompass part

My Kompass account never updated from pending and I am in Canada since March. Once you receive your POE you are good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

krudler wrote: »
    Thanking you, thought as much, do most people enter on a holiday visa to look for work then cross the border and come back to activate the 2 year one? or is that frowned upon

I'm sure you could do that, I don't know anybody personally that did do it though.
    The general consensus is people usually come in on the WHV after a month or so people are usually set up with a job, pending on where you go that is, what jobs you are willing to do etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

My Kompass account never updated from pending and I am in Canada since March. Once you receive your POE you are good to go.

I have updated my cic file number in my kompass account...is there anything else i need to do or is that it? It still says pending too!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

hey folks, just filling out my CIC forms now, been put on hold for a few reasons. Doesnt look like there has been much talk here for a few days. Im going to ask one or two questions cause its very hard to find ingo with al the pages I missed.

First question. What is the first box 1 UCI??? I have most this form done apart from the first box ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    hey folks, just filling out my CIC forms now, been put on hold for a few reasons. Doesnt look like there has been much talk here for a few days. Im going to ask one or two questions cause its very hard to find ingo with al the pages I missed.

First question. What is the first box 1 UCI??? I have most this form done apart from the first box ha

You'll only have a UCI number if you participated in the program before either through USIT or IEC or any other governing body. So if you have, then it's on the visa that would be stapled into your passport.

If you haven't been to Canada before other than for a holiday, then you won't have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

CatMc48 wrote: »
    You'll only have a UCI number if you participated in the program before either through USIT or IEC or any other governing body. So if you have, then it's on the visa that would be stapled into your passport.

If you haven't been to Canada before other than for a holiday, then you won't have one!

Cheers CatMc48:D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

which form do ya print and sign? the holiday form or the IMM1295?

thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭slim1919

Hi applied last week,
    My police cert was 7 months old will i get rejected because of this or will they just ask for an up to date one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

slim1919 wrote: »
    Hi applied last week,
    My police cert was 7 months old will i get rejected because of this or will they just ask for an up to date one thanks

How did you manage to apply last week. Has it not been closed for months? Have more places opened up?

I just meant that i finished applying last week i have had the first part done since february.
    I finished the cic part last week and submitted the hole thing then

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Baraboy78

Hi applied last week,

Hey there,hope you don't mind me asking..what WTN number where you?im on the waiting list just wondering what kind of number there at..hoepful il still get called

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

@slim1919 - I'd say at worst you'd be asked to get a new one and resubmit, and if so they'd probably stretch the deadline (assuming that's august). But they might even overlook it if the rest of the application looks okay.

@Baraboy78 - I was in the 6800s, so pretty soon after the cutoff, and got approved in April/May for the first part. You then get 6 months to do the CIC part.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

@slim1919 - I'd say at worst you'd be asked to get a new one and resubmit, and if so they'd probably stretch the deadline (assuming that's august). But they might even overlook it if the rest of the application looks okay.

@Baraboy78 - I was in the 6800s, so pretty soon after the cutoff, and got approved in April/May for the first part. You then get 6 months to do the CIC part.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Has anyone applied for this while on a career break? Currently filling out the Application and Family Info forms and I'm not currently working (career break rather than unemployed). Under work history I was thinking that my "current" job should therefore be "Career Break" (details "N/A"), and under current occupations on the Family form the same. My common law spouse(!) is the same so I will have to fill that in there too. Is that right, or did people just put their last job details in under both?

What about whether or not they are accompanying me - is that only relevant if they'll be travelling under my visa? They won't be, they're applying separately. Should I therefore tick no?

• Advertisement

Baraboy78 wrote: »
    Hey there,hope you don't mind me asking..what WTN number where you?im on the waiting list just wondering what kind of number there at..hoepful il still get called

my WTN number was like 5700s, I finished the first part the start of feb payed for everything and got my conditional acceptance which is valid until 2013-08-19, Dont know if that helps you

Against wrote: »

yeah i just hope they do, and that the rest of my application is ok.
    Just shting it now, thinking i did something wrong, dont want to miss out on going over something small. My mates are heading over september so i have my fingers crossed i get to go over with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

I have 3 weeks left to complete stage 2. Haven't lifted a finger yet. What is my problem

Weathering wrote: »
    I have 3 weeks left to complete stage 2. Haven't lifted a finger yet. What is my problem

I had a month was the same way, Then my mates booked there flights and i got my **** together. I am not a 100% sure on this but if you just leave it i dont know if you can apply again for a canadian visa

just got my POE was really shtting thinking i was going to get rejected but thank god i got it roll on toronto

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

Hi applied last week,

how'd you get on with the 7 month old police cert??

does anyone know how long thy last?? i've read through this forum and theirs contrasting posts, some say 3 months, others 6, 9 and 12 months!!??

gambit83 wrote: »
    how'd you get on with the 7 month old police cert??

does anyone know how long thy last?? i've read through this forum and theirs contrasting posts, some say 3 months, others 6, 9 and 12 months!!??

They never asked i applyed/finished the CIC second part last thursday and just checked my email and there was one from them i was thinking that they were going to ask for an uptodate one but it was my POE.

It says 3 months but mine was over 7 sp you never know. Have you applyed for the CIC part yet

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

They never asked i applyed/finished the CIC second part last thursday and just checked my email and there was one from them i was thinking that they were going to ask for an uptodate one but it was my POE.

It says 3 months but mine was over 7 sp you never know. Have you applyed for the CIC part yet

Yeah applied but it was refused, so I'm going to reapply as i have the Conditional Acceptance so hopefully it'll be OK the second time. but now my garda cert is 5 months old, i think i'll get a new one to be on the safe side

gambit83 wrote: »
    Yeah applied but it was refused, so I'm going to reapply as i have the Conditional Acceptance so hopefully it'll be OK the second time. but now my garda cert is 5 months old, i think i'll get a new one to be on the safe side

Just make sure you have enough time, You could always apply with that one and get a new one while you wait,and if they ask for an updated one you have it and if they dont you were not wasten time.

Can i ask what they refused you on if you dont mind if you do i understand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

3 and half weeks left to complete stage two. I remember trying it a couple of months ago and thinking F it I'll leave it. I just went to set up my CIC account and its complete different to when I tried to do it a couple of months ago. Completely freaking out I don't think I was doing the correct form. I really really appreciate if someone could link me the exact form you need to complete in order to set up your CIC account. I'm freaking out. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement