Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

slim1919 wrote: »
    Just make sure you have enough time, You could always apply with that one and get a new one while you wait,and if they ask for an updated one you have it and if they dont you were not wasten time.

Can i ask what they refused you on if you dont mind if you do i understand

yeah no worries!
    when i completed stage 2 their wasn't anyplace to upload the conditional acceptance for some reason so i submitted it with a note explaining this, then they sent a message to my account with a due date to attach the conditional acceptance which i missed (i didn't know that they sent me the message, i didn't get any notification email to my personal email account! but i should have being logging in more regularly to check so it was my fault, just was really busy at the time!), but anyway i explained this and asked could i appeal and they emailed back saying that i can resubmit as long as it before my conditional acceptance is still valid which is about another month. that's why i was asking about the length that the garda cert is valid for, i think i read somewhere that all documentation is valid for only 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭slim1919

gambit83 wrote: »
    yeah no worries!
    when i completed stage 2 their wasn't anyplace to upload the conditional acceptance for some reason so i submitted it with a note explaining this, then they sent a message to my account with a due date to attach the conditional acceptance which i missed (i didn't know that they sent me the message, i didn't get any notification email to my personal email account! but i should have being logging in more regularly to check so it was my fault, just was really busy at the time!), but anyway i explained this and asked could i appeal and they emailed back saying that i can resubmit as long as it before my conditional acceptance is still valid which is about another month. that's why i was asking about the length that the garda cert is valid for, i think i read somewhere that all documentation is valid for only 3 months

Yeah it is 3 months but mine was 7 so you never know as i said apply now get down the cop shop and try get another you could be waiting a few weeks thats why i was saying just apply and hope for the best and if they ask for a new one you will have it but its up to you

Weathering wrote: »
    3 and half weeks left to complete stage two. I remember trying it a couple of months ago and thinking F it I'll leave it. I just went to set up my CIC account and its complete different to when I tried to do it a couple of months ago. Completely freaking out I don't think I was doing the correct form. I really really appreciate if someone could link me the exact form you need to complete in order to set up your CIC account. I'm freaking out. Thanks

When you get onto CIC log-in and if you have started applying before it will probably be out of date, so just delete it and start again, All the forms you need are there for you you dont need to go looking just make sure you have a scanned in police cert/passport and you will need to printout your family form sign it then scan it back on hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

Hello I hope someone can help me, I posted here a few months back and my plans have been confirmed so to speak.
    I am currently in Australia with my Canadian girlfriend of over a year. I have to leave this region in March 2014 so I will be applying for the IEC in January. Assuming I have all paper work in order how long is it before I can enter the country on my IEC? I have read the IEC 2013 timelines thread and some people say that they applied on the 29th of jan and got accepted on the 14th feb, does this mean they can enter anytime thereafter? Also would applying from Australia have any bearing on my application?

danotroy wrote: »
    Hello I hope someone can help me, I posted here a few months back and my plans have been confirmed so to speak.
    I am currently in Australia with my Canadian girlfriend of over a year. I have to leave this region in March 2014 so I will be applying for the IEC in January. Assuming I have all paper work in order how long is it before I can enter the country on my IEC? I have read the IEC 2013 timelines thread and some people say that they applied on the 29th of jan and got accepted on the 14th feb, does this mean they can enter anytime thereafter? Also would applying from Australia have any bearing on my application?

check out this form it might give you an idea on time lines http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

• Advertisement

check out this form it might give you an idea on time lines http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

I have looked at that, as my post states. Is it purely a lottery system or is there anyway of improving your chances of getting accepted quickly?

danotroy wrote: »
    I have looked at that, as my post states. Is it purely a lottery system or is there anyway of improving your chances of getting accepted quickly?

I don't know some people get it quick other people take months. And you have to remember when you are likely to apply there is going to be thousands of people doing the same thing so it might take even longer to get your visa. Just make sure you have every thing ready and hope for the best. I think next year 10000 can apply

I don't know some people get it quick other people take months. And you have to remember when you are likely to apply there is going to be thousands of people doing the same thing so it might take even longer to get your visa. Just make sure you have every thing ready and hope for the best. I think next year 10000 can apply

Thanks for the help! Hope I get lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

When you get onto CIC log-in and if you have started applying before it will probably be out of date, so just delete it and start again, All the forms you need are there for you you dont need to go looking just make sure you have a scanned in police cert/passport and you will need to printout your family form sign it then scan it back on hope this helps.

Thank you. I just completed the cic questionnaire and it guided me on to complete the IM1295, I went to print it out and it wouldn't let me. I used Internet explorer as I read before it doesn't work with chrome. I'm going to get my Garda check tomorrow so I'll try it again then. Quick question do I need passport photos too? As you can see I'm mighty organised haha

Weathering wrote: »
    Thank you. I just completed the cic questionnaire and it guided me on to complete the IM1295, I went to print it out and it wouldn't let me. I used Internet explorer as I read before it doesn't work with chrome. I'm going to get my Garda check tomorrow so I'll try it again then. Quick question do I need passport photos too? As you can see I'm mighty organised haha

You don't need to print out the IM1295, you just date it at the end, and when you finish, and everything is uploaded and click next that's when you will be asked to sign it digitally. The only thing you will need to print, sign, and scan back on is the family form 5705 I think it is. I just added a work photo, not sure if you need to get passport photo, and scan it and upload it, you might get away with just a phone photo, but I am not sure. Have you not got the police cert yet? You should really get a move on, it could take weeks to get to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 thumps

Hi there,
    I also have left submitting this to the last minute .... i ll be late for my own funeral :-)
    I would be appreciative if someone could help me with something.
    I have two police certs to upload. I uploaded one individual police cert making the mistake of not putting both certs together as one file.
    Is there anyway I can delete the file I have uploaded and resubmit it as the file with 2 police certs.
    I only see the option to delete application like the attached pic which I m afraid to press in case it screws up whole thing ....I d be grateful for some help.
    Many Thks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

hows things folks

got my visa approved a few months back and should be heading in the next three! im just wondering what the minimum amount of dollars required to enter the country are? I know its somewhere in the forms supplied but cant seem to find it anywhere!!
    thanks

thumps wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I also have left submitting this to the last minute .... i ll be late for my own funeral :-)
    I have two police certs to upload. I uploaded one individual police cert making the mistake of not putting both certs together as one file.
    Is there anyway I can delete the file I have uploaded and resubmit it as the file with 2 police certs.
    I only see the option to delete application like the attached pic which I m afraid to press in case it screws up whole thing ....I d be grateful for some help.
    Many Thks

Hi there - can anyone give some advice on this - would be sincerely appreciated. Cheers :-)

hows things folks

got my visa approved a few months back and should be heading in the next three! im just wondering what the minimum amount of dollars required to enter the country are? I know its somewhere in the forms supplied but cant seem to find it anywhere!!
    thanks

You need 2500 dollars.

Hi there,
    Many Thks

I think if you go to submit your police cert again you have the option to delete the last one

I think if you go to submit your police cert again you have the option to delete the last one

Perfect ! Many thanks for that . Much obliged.

Hi - can someone assist with another query

1. Is the family form IMM5707 or 5645 ....read through the thread and there seemed to be some confusion on this ....Does anyone know?
    2. Does the family form need to be manually filled out and signed and scanned and uploaded or is it done digitally ?
    3. Does the Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) form need to be manually filled out and signed and scanned and uploaded or is it done digitally ?

any help on this would be great cause I m confused big time! many thks

Hi - can someone assist with another query

1. Is the family form IMM5707 or 5645 ....read through the thread and there seemed to be some confusion on this ....Does anyone know?
    2. Does the family form need to be manually filled out and signed and scanned and uploaded or is it done digitally ?
    3. Does the Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) form need to be manually filled out and signed and scanned and uploaded or is it done digitally ?

any help on this would be great cause I m confused big time! many thks

I did the 5707, I just filled it out, printed it, signed all the parts you are meant to, then scaned it and uploaded it. The 1295 is done digitally after you fill everything out, and validate it, then upload it, when you have submited everything they ask you for a digital signature thats how you sign it

I did the 5707, I just filled it out, printed it, signed all the parts you are meant to, then scaned it and uploaded it. The 1295 is done digitally after you fill everything out, and validate it, then upload it, when you have submited everything they ask you for a digital signature thats how you sign it

Cheers Slim - owe ya a pint.

For Spouse or Common Law partner did you put in N/A or leave blank?
    Also do you have to put in your brothers and sisters anywhere. I read at the very start "Include ALL family members even if they are not accompying you. If additional space is required print and attach an additional form" - does this mean we attach an additional form?

Also when I read further down the form I see,

Who needs to fill out this application form? This form must be completed by:
    • • •
    each person, 18 years of age or older, or a minor (less than 18 years of age) travelling alone, and be a passport holder from one of the following countries:
    o Argentina o Brazil o Malaysia o Russia
    o Saudi Arabia o South Africa
    If you require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) and your passport is not from the countries listed above, you must complete the Additional Family Information (IMM 5645) instead.

Does this mean I also have to fill out the 5645 instead of the 5707 ?

This is a headwreck of a process!

Cheers Slim - owe ya a pint.

For Spouse or Common Law partner did you put in N/A or leave blank?
    Also do you have to put in your brothers and sisters anywhere. I read at the very start "Include ALL family members even if they are not accompying you. If additional space is required print and attach an additional form" - does this mean we attach an additional form?

Also when I read further down the form I see,

Who needs to fill out this application form? This form must be completed by:
    • • •
    each person, 18 years of age or older, or a minor (less than 18 years of age) travelling alone, and be a passport holder from one of the following countries:
    o Argentina o Brazil o Malaysia o Russia
    o Saudi Arabia o South Africa
    If you require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) and your passport is not from the countries listed above, you must complete the Additional Family Information (IMM 5645) instead.

Does this mean I also have to fill out the 5645 instead of the 5707 ?

This is a headwreck of a process!

I just filled out the 5707 form, I put in my info, Mam and Dads and left the Common Law partner bit blank. I even put in N\A for the jobs just put there name and address's in. Then i just printed it out signed every place you need to and scaned it back onto my computer, Then i just uploaded it. I diden't go near the 5645 form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 courtknee

hey all! just working my way through the stage 2 process and hoping to get some advice- i am very lost and any help would be really appreciated! thanks in advance and apologies if it's previously been answered!

can someone please advise about the digital photo? this seems to be the issue i am having the most trouble with! i have scanned one of the digital photos i attached to the application in stage 1- when the scan comes through (200dpi) it's my photo on an A4 white background. when i open the jpeg file in preview on mac the photo looks SUPER small until i click the actual size option under the view option. have i done this correctly or is there a better/correct way to do it?

also the employment section of the imm1295 form where it asks for 10 year employment history specifically current employer/position- if this employer is current do we leave the 'to' date blank?

finally (sorry for the novel), if we have more than 3 employers within the 10 year timeframe specified do we just include that on our cv or should we upload it as a separate additional document?!

THANK YOU!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

I got my POE 4 days after completing my forms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yahoooooooooooooooo:D:D:eek::cool:

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    I got my POE 4 days after completing my forms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yahoooooooooooooooo:D:D:eek::cool:

fair play man. Mine took a week you would think with them striking things would go slower not faster ha were you heading to and when

courtknee wrote: »
    hey all! just working my way through the stage 2 process and hoping to get some advice- i am very lost and any help would be really appreciated! thanks in advance and apologies if it's previously been answered!

can someone please advise about the digital photo? this seems to be the issue i am having the most trouble with! i have scanned one of the digital photos i attached to the application in stage 1- when the scan comes through (200dpi) it's my photo on an A4 white background. when i open the jpeg file in preview on mac the photo looks SUPER small until i click the actual size option under the view option. have i done this correctly or is there a better/correct way to do it?

also the employment section of the imm1295 form where it asks for 10 year employment history specifically current employer/position- if this employer is current do we leave the 'to' date blank?

finally (sorry for the novel), if we have more than 3 employers within the 10 year timeframe specified do we just include that on our cv or should we upload it as a separate additional document?!

THANK YOU!!!!

I just uploaded a work photo like one you would have on your phone just a standerd jpeg.

i just put this month in for the 'to' date and i am finishing up end of month dont think it mathers much.

i just put my last 3 jobs in and left it at that.
    i gave them my cv and that has all the info on it so i wasent to worried about that

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

fair play man. Mine took a week you would think with them striking things would go slower not faster ha were you heading to and when

I know thats what I was thinking mate:D I couldn't believe it when I got it, thought I would be waiting for ages.. Not sure when I am heading, Id say Ill aim for mid september, after the All Ireland final. Calgary I reckon.

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    I know thats what I was thinking mate:D I couldn't believe it when I got it, thought I would be waiting for ages.. Not sure when I am heading, Id say Ill aim for mid september, after the All Ireland final. Calgary I reckon.

Cool i am heading toronto 13th of sept fukcen ****ting, Booked flight today it has gone from 477 to 597 on airtransat in two days, so if you are planning on going soon you are best to book flights now because they are only going one way

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dectyro

Hey guys
    I received my poe intro in my cic but it doesn't have a valid to date or any reference to me. It just looks like a standard reply. Have had it 3 weeks now and nothing from iec. Kind of freakin out as tink expiry date is up soon!!
    Has this happened to any1?? Any help would be good. Cheers

Dectyro wrote: »
    Hey guys
    I received my poe intro in my cic but it doesn't have a valid to date or any reference to me. It just looks like a standard reply. Have had it 3 weeks now and nothing from iec. Kind of freakin out as tink expiry date is up soon!!
    Has this happened to any1?? Any help would be good. Cheers

You have a year to enter canada from when you recieve your poe. Did you open it in a pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dectyro

You have a year to enter canada from when you recieve your poe. Did you open it in a pdf

Cheers slim. Al is wel, I was tryin to open it on my iPhone and it wasn't loading properly, but opened it on computer and have a year as u say. R u in Canada??
    Am think about going to Toronto in oct but am conscience of construction work in the winter??

• Advertisement

Dectyro wrote: »
    Cheers slim. Al is wel, I was tryin to open it on my iPhone and it wasn't loading properly, but opened it on computer and have a year as u say. R u in Canada??
    Am think about going to Toronto in oct but am conscience of construction work in the winter??

No not yet heading to Toronto middle of September. I don't really have anything job wise just going to look for any think I can warehouse stuff like that. Get onto the Internet see what its like for that work in the winter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement