Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dectyro

slim1919 wrote: »
    No not yet heading to Toronto middle of September. I don't really have anything job wise just going to look for any think I can warehouse stuff like that. Get onto the Internet see what its like for that work in the winter

Nice 1. All the best with the travels

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭slim1919

Dectyro wrote: »
    Nice 1. All the best with the travels

You to mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 courtknee

thanks slim!

ahhhhh! i'm pretty sure i have made some boo boos! i just scanned one of the passport photos i submitted in stage 1 and attached it. i left the end date blank for current employer and i attached the ten year employment as a separate document as well as my cv. i have a BAD feeling about this!

Thanks for your advice though, I didn't see this until now!

courtknee wrote: »
    thanks slim!

ahhhhh! i'm pretty sure i have made some boo boos! i just scanned one of the passport photos i submitted in stage 1 and attached it. i left the end date blank for current employer and i attached the ten year employment as a separate document as well as my cv. i have a BAD feeling about this!

Thanks for your advice though, I didn't see this until now!

No Problem, I was the same way when doing mine a few weeks ago, And the things i was worrying about were huge compared to yours, they are just small things,you will be grand, you will hopefully receive your poe in a week or two, they seem to be coming back fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Anyone had to do a medical for this? I have submitted a medical request form. Can anyone that has been through it shed some light on it?

• Advertisement

Anyone had to do a medical for this? I have submitted a medical request form. Can anyone that has been through it shed some light on it?

I didn't have to do it, I know you only have to do it for certain jobs, I dont know how much help you will get from this because all the people that could help have moved, There is good group pages on facebook that might be able to answer you, Or you never know some one might get back to you on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I didn't have to do it, I know you only have to do it for certain jobs, I dont know how much help you will get from this because all the people that could help have moved, There is good group pages on facebook that might be able to answer you, Or you never know some one might get back to you on here.

Have to do it as was in Asia for over 6 months. Canadians terrified I have TB.

Im bringing my pet Badger too. Little do they know.

Have to do it as was in Asia for over 6 months. Canadians terrified I have TB.

Im bringing my pet Badger too. Little do they know.

NO Way ha

I am part of two groups on facebook ' Irish & New in Toronto! ' and ' Canada IEC 2012 ' They are good and your questions usually get answered there, Where you heading to in canada,There is also a Vancouver group too but i am not a member.

Submitted all my documents on the 20th, getting slightly worried, any idea when I should worry? Though this thing of having a year to enter Canada is a great boost! Fingers crossed I get in!

Submitted all my documents on the 20th, getting slightly worried, any idea when I should worry? Though this thing of having a year to enter Canada is a great boost! Fingers crossed I get in!

Its only been 10 days, Sum people have been getting there's quick, But it could take weeks to months for you to receive it, Just keep checking your email and your CIC, You should be grand.

And they are 5 or more hours be hide us so you could still get it today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Beehop

Hi all, I have been reading through this thread with interest. I would like to apply for the IEC visa but I see that they are all gone for 2013, so I guess I'll have to wait for the 2014 visas.
    Those of you who got a 2013 IEC visa, when did you apply? I would like to be well prepared for the 2014 visas hopefully in January, so is it possible to complete the assessment now, but wait until January to submit the completed application?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Beehop wrote: »
    Hi all, I have been reading through this thread with interest. I would like to apply for the IEC visa but I see that they are all gone for 2013, so I guess I'll have to wait for the 2014 visas.
    Those of you who got a 2013 IEC visa, when did you apply? I would like to be well prepared for the 2014 visas hopefully in January, so is it possible to complete the assessment now, but wait until January to submit the completed application?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This might give you an idea of the time lines http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

You will not get one this year, You will defo have to wait till 2014,They stared this year mid feb I think. You might be able to fill out the forms before it opens but you will not be able to upload anything till they open up. Just apply when they come out there is not much else you can do till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Beehop

This might give you an idea of the time lines http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

You will not get one this year, You will defo have to wait till 2014,They stared this year mid feb I think. You might be able to fill out the forms before it opens but you will not be able to upload anything till they open up. Just apply when they come out there is not much else you can do till then.

Thanks for the info. I'll just have to wait until the new year I suppose. Best of luck in Toronto, I was there for a year in 06/07, great spot.

Beehop wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I'll just have to wait until the new year I suppose. Best of luck in Toronto, I was there for a year in 06/07, great spot.

No problem.
    Thanks mate and i hope all goes well for you applying next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

hows things folks

just a quick question on peoples permit validity. On my POE it says that my visa is valid until 2015, meaning I have up until 2015 to enter the country. But I remember a few months back that there was a mention of this being a typo and that peoples permit are only valid for a year instead of the two. can anyone shed some light on this??

cheers!!

hows things folks

just a quick question on peoples permit validity. On my POE it says that my visa is valid until 2015, meaning I have up until 2015 to enter the country. But I remember a few months back that there was a mention of this being a typo and that peoples permit are only valid for a year instead of the two. can anyone shed some light on this??

cheers!!

You have a year from the day your POE is issued to you to enter canada, then your visa lasts 2 years, I would say it is just a typo but get on to them and see send them an email or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dannil

I need to print of my POE letter(im going next week) but I forgot my password for CIC account, i clicked reset password but it keeps saying my security questions are wrong which they are not! I am not locked out for 24 hours.

Does anybody know a phone number i can call to help me out?

dannil wrote: »
    I need to print of my POE letter(im going next week) but I forgot my password for CIC account, i clicked reset password but it keeps saying my security questions are wrong which they are not! I am not locked out for 24 hours.

Does anybody know a phone number i can call to help me out?

The Call Centre can answer questions, in English and French, about Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) services and programs, or applications in process inside Canada.
    Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100
    • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
      If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to prerecorded information about CIC programs, order application kits, and check the status of your application.
    • Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.You must choose one of the first five recorded options before you can speak to an agent.
    But i think that migth be just for people applying inside of canada

Hears a website for uk www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx

and

Canadian Offices in the United Kingdom

High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom in London

IMPORTANT: Please see contact directions and services offered (below) for specific enquiries, including those related to immigration, passports, consular and media
    Macdonald House
    1 Grosvenor Square
    London, W1K 4AB
    Telephone: 0207 258 6600
    Fax: 0207 258 6333

hope one of them helps/works for you

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dannil

grand thanks ill try the 1-888-2422100, i was on to the london office and they were no help at all. Hopefully ill find something as i dont have a lot of time :(

dannil wrote: »
    grand thanks ill try the 1-888-2422100, i was on to the london office and they were no help at all. Hopefully ill find something as i dont have a lot of time :(

I will have another look for you in a few moments see if i can find any thing else for you

• Advertisement

Contact us if you:

• need to report a lost or stolen User ID or Password;
    • have had problems accessing information on our Web site.
    You do not need to advise us of broken hyperlinks as they are automatically logged by our system.

Canada and the United States
    1-855-438-1102
    Text Telephone (TTY/TDD)
    1-855-438-1103
    Outside Canada and the United States
    1-800-2318-6290
    Customer Service Representatives are available to assist you by phone,
    year round, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lizanne123

Gonzo89 wrote: »
    Hi everyone just wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having uploading documents onto the MYCIC account. It's just the IMM1295 work permit form. I downloaded, filled it out, and it won't allow me to sign it electronically because it's a "secured document" so I can't upload it. I also tried printing it, signing it, and scanning it...that didn't work either. It has to be an electronic signature.

Anyone else have the same problem/found a solution?

Please and thank you

Hey I'm having the exact same problem, have literally tried to upload it a million times. How did you upload it in the end? Thanks

lizanne123 wrote: »
    Hey I'm having the exact same problem, have literally tried to upload it a million times. How did you upload it in the end? Thanks

You don't have to sign this form you do that at the very end when you are submitting every thing, Make sure that your application is in date you get 60 days when you first set up the application. If it isn't just delete it and start again see if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 courtknee

Hi all!

Received my poe today after a week and a half wait! Wowzers! Thanks for your advice slim! :)

courtknee wrote: »
    Hi all!

Received my poe today after a week and a half wait! Wowzers! Thanks for your advice slim! :)

No problem courtknee I am chuffed you got it when you heading over and where you going to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

whats poe again?

zweton wrote: »
    whats poe again?

Its what you get when you get accepted,

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Regarding the POE, am I right in saying that once it is issued, you have one year to activate it?

I want to apply in 2014 but don't want to activate it until 2015 as I wanna do some travelling before getting there.

Is it a quick process getting the Poe or can I apply for visa in January say, and delay getting my poe until June for example, giving me up until June 2015 to activate it?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

This year it was possible to apply and get approved for stage 1 and then you had up to 6 months to fill out stage and submit. Then the POE gets issued for a year. So provided you get everything in order you could stretch it til July 2015 to enter from the 2014 programme. That is assuming next years procedure is the same as this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement