Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 smr07

My home address in this country has changed since I received my POE letter, has anyone else had the same - was there any issues with this when you arrived at immigration?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 courtknee

i leave oct 19th, i have a couple of options- a friend that lives in whistler and a friend in recruitment in vancouver. going to start my adventure in vancouver! i'm super excited but just as nervous... australia will always be there though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

courtknee wrote: »
    i leave oct 19th, i have a couple of options- a friend that lives in whistler and a friend in recruitment in vancouver. going to start my adventure in vancouver! i'm super excited but just as nervous... australia will always be there though!

Nice. If you are "Super excited" you've already got the lingo ha. I spent one year in Australia and to be honest I think Canada will be a lot better. I just completed my application on Monday the final day to submit it might I add so hope I get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

hi guys i applied way back and now my conditional letter of acceptance is due to expire in a few days. i was hoping to do an internship here and improve my CV before heading over to canada so next years programme would suit me better.

in their FAQ's they say if you have been issued a Letter of Introduction you can never apply again. just confirming that this is different to the letter of conditional acceptance and i can let someone else have my place this year and go next? thanks

hi guys i applied way back and now my conditional letter of acceptance is due to expire in a few days. i was hoping to do an internship here and improve my CV before heading over to canada so next years programme would suit me better.

in their FAQ's they say if you have been issued a Letter of Introduction you can never apply again. just confirming that this is different to the letter of conditional acceptance and i can let someone else have my place this year and go next? thanks

Hi I'm not really sure tbh I just finished my application on the final day of submission but I think you have one year to enter Canada once you're approved so I'd just complete it now and at least your keeping you options open.

I don't think an internship will make a massive difference when it comes to getting a job in Canada you should be fine without it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

hows things folks

just a quick question on peoples permit validity. On my POE it says that my visa is valid until 2015, meaning I have up until 2015 to enter the country. But I remember a few months back that there was a mention of this being a typo and that peoples permit are only valid for a year instead of the two. can anyone shed some light on this??

cheers!!

My POE letter is the same valid until 2015. I have received no emails to kopass or myCIC to say it was a typo and it doesn't say it on their website either. It just says it is valid for what's written on the letter. I cant see it being a typo, why do some people think it is? It would be good to know as I may not go until next summer, which will be too late if it is a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

@Jimmy AFAIK that letter of acceptance from stage 1 doesn't count if you don't use it. If you get the final POE from Stage 2 and don't use it that does count though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Baraboy78

hey just asking... what number was you WTN, Im still on a waiting list to get called with slim hope i may do.. i was passed 7500
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Hey guys,

Have an awful problem in that a mate has been denied completely by mistake (they said he hadnt sent a form in, even though he couldnt have finished the process without it!) and we are looking for the relevant people to call.

the embassy lines are a joke, all automated. Just wondering has anyone rang a number and gotten any useful people to talk to? Or anyone know how to get through to operators who might be able to help?

Want to get this sorted as soon as possible because I know the longer its left the less likely they are to bother with it.

So any numbers, directions for appeals etc would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Ah ur joking, the exact same thing happened my girlfriend!
    She has been denied the visa because they say they never received her conditional acceptance letter even though she submitted it on time. You cant proceed without uploading it! I feel ur pain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

zweton wrote: »
    Ah ur joking, the exact same thing happened my girlfriend!
    She has been denied the visa because they say they never received her conditional acceptance letter even though she submitted it on time. You cant proceed without uploading it! I feel ur pain!

Really? Thats crazy. I know the most frustrating part is that s/he wouldnt have been at stage 2 without the letter! Definitely keep this updated with any tips or breakthroughs!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Ajfunky wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Have an awful problem in that a mate has been denied completely by mistake (they said he hadnt sent a form in, even though he couldnt have finished the process without it!) and we are looking for the relevant people to call.

the embassy lines are a joke, all automated. Just wondering has anyone rang a number and gotten any useful people to talk to? Or anyone know how to get through to operators who might be able to help?

Want to get this sorted as soon as possible because I know the longer its left the less likely they are to bother with it.

So any numbers, directions for appeals etc would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

@Ajfunky and Zweton

The condition acceptence letter is valid for 6 months after you receive it, so if you are rejected mistakenly you can apply again by setting up another MyCIC account and fillling out the forms and uploaded everything from scratch.

This situation happened to a couple of people on this thread and this is what they did to resolve it, rather than trying to get through to people in the embassy which could take forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

this happened to me too, i did as Delira said, i resubmitted my application through CIC and got approved a few weeks later

Delira wrote: »
    @Ajfunky and Zweton

The condition acceptence letter is valid for 6 months after you receive it, so if you are rejected mistakenly you can apply again by setting up another MyCIC account and fillling out the forms and uploaded everything from scratch.

This situation happened to a couple of people on this thread and this is what they did to resolve it, rather than trying to get through to people in the embassy which could take forever!

My girlfriends conditional acceptance has expired( thats how long they took to issue the refusal letter). So in this instance i cannot re submit.

Yeah sorry I realised after I had posted that the majority of the letters would be expired by now :o

Best of luck to ye, really hope ye manage to get it sorted. It would be very unfair if ye can't get to Canada because of something that's not at all your fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

So i'm thinking of applying for Canada next year after the fiasco of this year.

Anything to avoid this early?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

Strange query for ye here guys.

I received an email in my cic account back in february 2013 called a POE Introduction letter. This letter states that my application to study or work in canada has been approved, that I had to present the letter at immigration and that the permit validity was up until early 2015.

All well and good and I had understood this to mean that the process was (finally) over. Ive been working away in Ireland and haven't given it much more thought because I haven't planned to take it up till ive saved some more money.

Then I got an email recently from the IEC Kompass account stating that i have to confirm my cic file number.It states that I have to upload this so that they can issue me with a welcome letter and close the kompass account.

I havent used either account in months (luckily I saved the passwords) and i dont have a clue what they are looking for at this stage. The IEC Kompass also states that my immigration assessment and final decision are still "pending".I have now uploaded the cic number on the kompass website.

Is this any reason for concern or is it just an automated email from the iec relating to their "housekeeping" in relation to boxes not ticked and so that they can shut down compass accounts?

IEC extended my girlsfriends conditional acceptance letter by another 2 mths so good news! She can apply now and hopefully get it.

I completed stage two 8 weeks ago within the timeframe and I still haven't heard anything from IEC. I don't understand. I heard a rumour that they're on strike but I don't know

jonsnow wrote: »
    Strange query for ye here guys.

I received an email in my cic account back in february 2013 called a POE Introduction letter. This letter states that my application to study or work in canada has been approved, that I had to present the letter at immigration and that the permit validity was up until early 2015.

All well and good and I had understood this to mean that the process was (finally) over. Ive been working away in Ireland and haven't given it much more thought because I haven't planned to take it up till ive saved some more money.

Then I got an email recently from the IEC Kompass account stating that i have to confirm my cic file number.It states that I have to upload this so that they can issue me with a welcome letter and close the kompass account.

I havent used either account in months (luckily I saved the passwords) and i dont have a clue what they are looking for at this stage. The IEC Kompass also states that my immigration assessment and final decision are still "pending".I have now uploaded the cic number on the kompass website.

Is this any reason for concern or is it just an automated email from the iec relating to their "housekeeping" in relation to boxes not ticked and so that they can shut down compass accounts?

When you submitted your stage 2 application online, you received a message confirming they received the application (at the bottom of the mycic page there might be a section "My messages"). In that pdf there's an application number W30069XXXX, same as the App # in the table of completed applications. As far as I know that's the file number they're looking for in Kompass -> My Profile -> Update CIC file number. Not sure why they want it, probably no harm to do it just in case.

• Advertisement

Weathering wrote: »
    I completed stage two 8 weeks ago within the timeframe and I still haven't heard anything from IEC. I don't understand. I heard a rumour that they're on strike but I don't know

Yeah, I'm waiting a month now, normal processing time would have been 2 weeks according to the timeline thread.

The strike is real, in the submission confirmation document they have a link to info on expected waiting times, the strike is mentioned there:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Canadians and their strikes! In 2012 the teachers unions in Quebec were on strike for the best part of the academic year..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

Hey Guys,
    I'm hoping the right person will see this cause i've literally not been able to find an answer anywhere!

i got my Visa sorted back in may, flights booked and everything! I'm scheduled to fly out in a couple of weeks, and realised i haven't printed off the POE letter. I now can't access my IEC kompass login, it says my email is incorrect. I also can't access my "MyCIC" account cause the password i put in is wrong (also when i go to create a new password, the answers i give are wrong).

so basically, is there anyway of getting to print off my poe??? I'm literally freaking out now, cause there is no way to contact the CIC!

I'm desperate at the moment, and really need the help!!

For the kompass login, maybe you google'd to the wrong country's kompass login? Make sure you're in on the Irish version of the login, you should be able to recover your password then

https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/Login.aspx?regionCode=IE&lang=en

For the mycic, I'm not sure, I think you have to remember the answers for your security questions or keep a printout of the "GCkey" info somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

Against wrote: »
    For the kompass login, maybe you google'd to the wrong country's kompass login? Make sure you're in on the Irish version of the login, you should be able to recover your password then

https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/Login.aspx?regionCode=IE&lang=en

For the mycic, I'm not sure, I think you have to remember the answers for your security questions or keep a printout of the "GCkey" info somewhere

OH MY GOD, I LOVE YOU AGAINST!! it was under the Germany page for some reason, i don't even know how that got to that page?? i went to the link you put up, and my log in info worked!!!

I was nearly in tears for the last hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Any info on when the 2014 applications open and is there any ground work I should be doing now? Planning on going over in feb or march.... Don't know anyone who's gone over there so i'm completely clueless as to where to start and what to do...

Against wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm waiting a month now, normal processing time would have been 2 weeks according to the timeline thread.

The strike is real, in the submission confirmation document they have a link to info on expected waiting times, the strike is mentioned there:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Canadians and their strikes! In 2012 the teachers unions in Quebec were on strike for the best part of the academic year..

I finally got it. I had given up hope. Did you get yours yet? Finally I can leave this place :p

No, no sign of mine yet, from the sound of it it'll be another couple of weeks before I hear anything, not in a huge rush but waiting in general isn't my favourite thing.

@thenexthenry Glad i could help, hope you got your PoE sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

gg2 wrote: »
    Any info on when the 2014 applications open and is there any ground work I should be doing now? Planning on going over in feb or march.... Don't know anyone who's gone over there so i'm completely clueless as to where to start and what to do...

The application process starts in December. At some point in December you will able to start your application online. This checks that you pass the minimum requirements for the IEC. If you pass them, you get a 'conditional offer' in late January which simply requires that you send further documentation by post to the Canadian embassy for the UK & Ireland in London. In the past, people typically got news within two weeks of this point - mid-February. This year however, many people didn't get news until as far as mid-April. The embassy mentioned some 'glitch' in the system. I think they were probably inundated with applications - Ireland's 6,350 visa on the IEC went faster than every before - in 24 hours.

You can find a step-by-step guide here at the embassy: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx

The application process starts in December. At some point in December you will able to start your application online. This checks that you pass the minimum requirements for the IEC. If you pass them, you get a 'conditional offer' in late January which simply requires that you send further documentation by post to the Canadian embassy for the UK & Ireland in London. In the past, people typically got news within two weeks of this point - mid-February. This year however, many people didn't get news until as far as mid-April. The embassy mentioned some 'glitch' in the system. I think they were probably inundated with applications - Ireland's 6,350 visa on the IEC went faster than every before - in 24 hours.

You can find a step-by-step guide here at the embassy: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx

It's not done by post anymore, the entire process is all online now.

Also, this website has a ton of useful info including another step by step guide:
    http://www.moving2canada.com/planning/working-holiday-visa-in-canada/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Vitriol19

Hi all,

Im sorry if this question has been asked previously but I am a little confused.

I received a conditional letter of acceptance which has now expired (Early August). I used this to apply for a work permit and received a POE letter of introduction that is valid until March 2014. Does the POE replace the conditional letter of acceptance? So that I should be still ok to travel?

Also during the process I stated the port of entry as Toronto but since have decided to go to Calgary, do I need to enter into Toronto regardless or does this matter?

Thank you for your help as I am unable to get answers from the official sources..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement