Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dectyro

Vitriol19 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im sorry if this question has been asked previously but I am a little confused.

I received a conditional letter of acceptance which has now expired (Early August). I used this to apply for a work permit and received a POE letter of introduction that is valid until March 2014. Does the POE replace the conditional letter of acceptance? So that I should be still ok to travel?

Also during the process I stated the port of entry as Toronto but since have decided to go to Calgary, do I need to enter into Toronto regardless or does this matter?

Thank you for your help as I am unable to get answers from the official sources..

Ur all good to go with the Poe letter and it doesn't matter wat city u fly into. Do u have insurance??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Vitriol19

Thank you so much :) Not as yet but that's next item on my list. I didn't want to start spending money if I had already missed my chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

When u get to Canada what do u need? Is it just proof of money and the POE? Do i need to show proof of insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Your supposed to have proof of funds - a bank statement less than a week old, proof of insurance and your poe. I didn't get asked for the bank statement or insurance at the airport but good to have it just in case! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

ladybird23 wrote: »
    Your supposed to have proof of funds - a bank statement less than a week old, proof of insurance and your poe. I didn't get asked for the bank statement or insurance at the airport but good to have it just in case! :)

This is probably going to sound stupid but does it have to be a canadian bank or will an Irish one do? I only ask because when my brother went to Australia he had to set up an aussie account before he went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Wahey!

Got my POE overnight. Took me 9 months but got there.

Police certs from communist countries sought, medical needed and other bits and pieces bu I got there.

Now to decide on the finer details.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

This is probably going to sound stupid but does it have to be a canadian bank or will an Irish one do? I only ask because when my brother went to Australia he had to set up an aussie account before he went.

Irish bank is fine. Irish banks can be a bit awkward about giving an official statement (outside of the normal monthly statement), I can't remember but I think I just rocked on over with a printout from my internet banking... maybe I got the bank to sign it too, not sure.

@Theresalwaysone Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭iprawn

Anybody on here know of an apartment for rent around vancouver? for me and my girlfriend? preferably furnished, under $1000?
    Also is Surrey a long way out to live from the centre?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

It will be hard to find something for $1000 a month furnished I think.. We are looking at the moment too for somewhere in Vancouver, and anything half decent is around 1300 - 1500 a month. Dont know much about Surrey but I dont think Id like to live there, ive heard its a bit rough? Not 100% sure though..
    Your better off just organising to view a few different places, so you will get an idea of what area you like and transport etc.. best of luck..

Cream Bun wrote: »
    It will be hard to find something for $1000 a month furnished I think.. We are looking at the moment too for somewhere in Vancouver, and anything half decent is around 1300 - 1500 a month. Dont know much about Surrey but I dont think Id like to live there, ive heard its a bit rough? Not 100% sure though..
    Your better off just organising to view a few different places, so you will get an idea of what area you like and transport etc.. best of luck..

Would it be ridiculously expensive to furnish a place ourselves? that seems like a bit of a gamble if things dont work out job wise? what is the job scene like over there? I will do anything, pub work, shop work call centre etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Vitriol19

Hi all,
    One last question :) do you have to have a return flight booked to meet the visa requirements or can you just fly one way?
    Thanks again!

Hi all,
    One last question :) do you have to have a return flight booked to meet the visa requirements or can you just fly one way?
    Thanks again!

As far as i know you dont have to have a return flight booked! we don't anyway!

Hi all,
    Thanks again!

Mine was all sorted through an agency and they assured me I dont need to have a return flight booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shay555

Hi guys, so I've just arrived here in Toronto 2 days ago after spending the last three months in Montreal ...... Had to make the move here before the weather changes ...... So I'm just wondering if there's anyone here who has a room to rent for like the coming months or anything ..... Can't believe just how vast this place is !!!!!!!!! Anyhow just drop me a reply if anyone has anything available ..... Currently in a hotel downtown and am hoping to get sorted pretty quickly ...... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MarianneH

Hi Guys
    New to this. Sorry if I'm in the wrong section bit a bit confused from everything.
    I want to apply for the IEC 2014 I work in insurance my other half is out of work but insulation would be his area and we have two kids 6 & 1.
    My question is can we all go under the one visa or do we both have to apply for one separately?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

MarianneH wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    New to this. Sorry if I'm in the wrong section bit a bit confused from everything.
    I want to apply for the IEC 2014 I work in insurance my other half is out of work but insulation would be his area and we have two kids 6 & 1.
    My question is can we all go under the one visa or do we both have to apply for one separately?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Hi MarianneH
    For the iec visa you apply for a visa and your other half applies for his visa. Then if both are successful you can apply for a study visa for your 6 year old, and your 1 year old will be issued a visitor visa upon entering Canada. Hopefully someone on here who has been through it will have more info for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DizeeLizzie

Hi, I was hoping someone could help.

My boyfriend and I received our POE induction letter etc, and then I got an email from my Kompass account asking me to input my cic file number which I did and when I log in now, final decision is complete.

My boyfriend never got that email asking to input the CIC file number, but we went ahead and updated the account with his CIC number in August, but his decision is still pending. Do you think this is something we should be worring about? Can we still go with the POE Letter?

Thanks in advance for yout help

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Hi, I was hoping someone could help.

My boyfriend and I received our POE induction letter etc, and then I got an email from my Kompass account asking me to input my cic file number which I did and when I log in now, final decision is complete.

My boyfriend never got that email asking to input the CIC file number, but we went ahead and updated the account with his CIC number in August, but his decision is still pending. Do you think this is something we should be worring about? Can we still go with the POE Letter?

Thanks in advance for yout help

Yep, the POE is all you need! That's your approval for the visa to be issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jmcma07

Hi PollyMe,

What did you about the insuance? I have spent two hours looking through this and still no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

jmcma07 wrote: »
    Hi PollyMe,

What did you about the insuance? I have spent two hours looking through this and still no answer.

Not sure what post your refering to but this might help with regard to insurance for the purpose of the iec visa;
    http://www.go4less.ie/insurance/index_canada.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

hi, i have my 2013 iec letter of introduction still ready to use but work keeps coming in dublin so have delayed my departure for the next few months at least, but it expires mid march and even if my situation hasnt changed id still want to go eventually... can i go to canada for a few days and get it stamped so to speak and return home and then use the remainder if i do decide to go in the summer? or can i get an extension on the expiry date?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ClaireB13

Hi, I am wondering the same if myself and my boyfriend could travel over, activate our visas and return home again? We both were granted a 2year visa but unfortunately on the same day I was granted my visa I got bad news, healthwise and had to start treatment. Its a monthly infusion so I hoped to travel between my treatment. I would hate to waste our visas and if we didn't even activate them i would imagine we would never be able to apply again? Then in the next year I might be able to make the move hopefully.

Also just wondering has anyone ever heard of anyone postponing their visas or getting an extension? Would really appreciate any advice or knowledge on this, thanks.

ClaireB13 wrote: »
    Hi, I am wondering the same if myself and my boyfriend could travel over, activate our visas and return home again? We both were granted a 2year visa but unfortunately on the same day I was granted my visa I got bad news, healthwise and had to start treatment. Its a monthly infusion so I hoped to travel between my treatment. I would hate to waste our visas and if we didn't even activate them i would imagine we would never be able to apply again? Then in the next year I might be able to make the move hopefully.

Also just wondering has anyone ever heard of anyone postponing their visas or getting an extension? Would really appreciate any advice or knowledge on this, thanks.
    hi, i have my 2013 iec letter of introduction still ready to use but work keeps coming in dublin so have delayed my departure for the next few months at least, but it expires mid march and even if my situation hasnt changed id still want to go eventually... can i go to canada for a few days and get it stamped so to speak and return home and then use the remainder if i do decide to go in the summer? or can i get an extension on the expiry date?

It's my understanding that if you are out of the country for more than 21 days your visa expires. I will double check this this evening to make sure and get back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ClaireB13

It's my understanding that if you are out of the country for more than 21 days your visa expires. I will double check this this evening to make sure and get back to you

Thanks, I would really appreciate you getting back to me on this, this will really mess up my plans but its good to know this before we make plans.

ClaireB13 wrote: »
    Thanks, I would really appreciate you getting back to me on this, this will really mess up my plans but its good to know this before we make plans.

Hey man, sorry about the delay, its been a mad week. anyway, I think i may have confused you here, my apologies, the 21 day rule applys to your insurance.
    Here's what it says:

:
    For journeys back to Ireland, the maximum amount of time you can spend is 21 days. Any trips back to Ireland for longer than 21 days will result in your Insurance being invaldiated

hope that helps

Hey folks, bit of a panic here. I head off tomorrow and I'm not exactly sure what my LOI/POE is.
    I have this letter that starts off

:
    Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.
    Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully.

and then further on down says
    This letter is not a passport or travel identification, and it is not a legal authorization permitting you to enter or remain in Canada.
    To facilitate your arrival in Canada, inform the officer of the reason for your visit (study or work) and present this letter with your passport

It does not however say Letter of Introduction anywhere on it. Is this what I need or is there something else?

Any help most appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elnino08

Hi folks,

Applying for IEC 2014 so just looking to see if anyone can shed some light on the online banking payment part of the process. I understand that you will need to have confirmation of payment to upload at some point,did people just take screen prints when confirming payment? As people bank with different institutions presume they just give you an account number to lodge funds and then make sure you have the confirmation to upload at a later stage?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Carlsson

You will need to pay with debit/credit card (mastercard and visa) online directly in your kompass account, that was the only way to pay week ago when I applied for WH from Croatia. Also, you can pay with card of your parents/friend/etc., doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dcoyle277

the iec website just changed some of the info on the page so there is something stirring

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

dcoyle277 wrote: »
    the iec website just changed some of the info on the page so there is something stirring

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

You're right. This is new:

Information regarding the opening of the 2014 International Experience Canada initiative will be posted on this page at a later date. Thank you for your interest! The 2014 application process will be conducted in two stages. The first stage will be conducted completely online through IEC Kompass account, including the submission of all supporting documents electronically. Paper applications will not be accepted.
    To start your IEC application, consult the Application Step-by-Step Guide.

I tried to create a Kompass account but it won't let me.

"

The 2013 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative with Ireland is closed. The quota for 2013 is full and we are not accepting new applications.
    Information regarding the opening of the 2014 International Experience Canada will be posted on this page in the fall of 2013.
    To participate in the 2014 International Experience (IEC) initiative, you will be required to create a new online account, complete the 2014 application form and send all required documents.
    We thank you for your interest in International Experience Canada."

So, they are indeed preparing. The final step should be a notice that it's open that you can create a Kompass account. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement