Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

seachto7 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just downloaded and am looking through the IMMI1295E... and the IMM5707E... forms.

With the IMMI1295, it seems we can complete it online, then validate it. However, hot do we provide a digital signature???

With the IMM5707E, it asks about our family members etc, and when we expect to commence working in Canada in our intended job area. What's the best way to answer this. I don't have or won't have a job lined up as such, so can't predict when I'm going to go or start a job. Should I just give a ball park time when I might expect to be in Canada ( if I get the visa!)

from readin prevoius commets on this and on last years form, u just write unknown in intended work ,did u upload a photo yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

I'm definitely waiting to complete stage 1 before filling out or uploading anything just in case there are changes. However, just out of curiosity I have had a look at the forms and it does seem definite that the family one has to be filled out by hand which kind of makes no sense considering the other is online. I saved the second one and re-opened it and it is a read-only file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

People are jumping the gun again:D there will be a wait of probably a week at least or 2 before we will get the Conditional acceptance letter from the IEC which allows us to move onto the MY CIC part so i don't understand why people cant just wait for the instructions to be released because at the end of the day NONE of us no how the process will go we might have a fare idea but i would rather wait till its open till its 100% clear.:D plus it avoids a lot less panicking/ worrying i was the same last week but now i am just gonna forget about it til it opens and i think some of you should do the same:D as long as you have the my cic account set up and the various documents scanned on to the computer your good to go .

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    People are jumping the gun again:D there will be a wait of probably a week at least or 2 before we will get the Conditional acceptance letter from the IEC which allows us to move onto the MY CIC part so i don't understand why people cant just wait for the instructions to be released because at the end of the day NONE of us no how the process will go we might have a fare idea but i would rather wait till its open till its 100% clear.:D plus it avoids a lot less panicking/ worrying i was the same last week but now i am just gonna forget about it til it opens and i think some of you should do the same:D as long as you have the my cic account set up and the various documents scanned on to the computer your good to go .
    Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

Ross ,conditional acceptance letter.....do you think we'll get it by email or post?

• Advertisement

E-mail as all corresponding documents will done online this year from what i can make out!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

+1

People are panicking. You will have 2/3 months to sort this. 7500 visas arent going to go in a week or even a month.

Chill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

from readin prevoius commets on this and on last years form, u just write unknown in intended work ,did u upload a photo yet ?

I've uploaded the photos etc, but will modify my CV to bring it in line with the IMM form.

I am still confused as to how to upload an electronic form which needs a digital signature. Maybe it's a case of filling out the forms online, validating it, printing it, signing it and uploading, but best to wait.

The family form: I have no dependants etc. Better to put "unknown" in all boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Gonna try get CIC account set up,! Do I choose to register GGCKey or Sign-in partner? I'm confused ... again!

GGCKey

• Advertisement

The calm before the storm it seems here now?:D the opening week is nearly upon use one of the days this week the process is opening:) haven't been this excited since my First Communion to see how much money i got at the end of the day. IEC visa lets be having ya we have waited long enough:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Has anyone any idea how much the visas are? Both 1 year and 2 year.

Gintonious wrote: »

The Belgium IEC opened last week & their fee is 120euro

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

misnormer wrote: »
    try 64bit internet explorer to open files,

This means nothing to me sorry lol I've not a clue about computers

is that for the 2 years?

No its for one. Do you think they'll double the fee for two?

Dont know mate they probably will :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Star25

above that list of options, you'll see something like MyCiC>something>something else. if you click the MyCIC part of it, there should be an "Apply Now" link around there some where. It'll ask you for a Peronal Checklist Code, which you then get by filling this questionnaire out. hope that helps.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I still have to upload my Garda Form (lazy old me!) and sort out my cv, bring it inline with the 10 year work thing that they have. I have three 'jobs' in that time, one voluntary. The other things I have are work exp, but they line up with courses so I ain't gonna put them in the jobs section (like they were 2 weeks work exp tops and match with the dates of courses exactly). Squeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

With the cv upload ive had 4 jobs since leavin school would i be as well off changin this to 3 to make my life easier because they only give u 3 boxes in the imm1295 form

• Advertisement

Mate i am in the same boat i changed it to just 3 now could not be bothered filling out a separate form as long as your CV matches the same you will be grand. i have probably went through about 8 different employers as an apprentice in the last 6 years so three will do me. the 3 i wrote down will back me up if need be but i very much doubt they check.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

+1

People are panicking. You will have 2/3 months to sort this. 7500 visas arent going to go in a week or even a month.

Chill

I agree - I'm reading through this thread and yes, it is very helpful in parts, but all of the panic'd posts on where did you find this form, how can i download this form, etc - they're making me go a little 'eeeek'!!

At the end of the day, the application process hasn't opened yet. You're going to need passport, photos, police certs and to fill out the online form - which none of us know it's content.
    So I say yes, be prepared with a few things scanned, and your CV ready in 2 pages, (which is the general guidelines for any CV, not just this application), and worry about photo spec's etc when the official application process has opened.

Everyone is in the same boat, so no-one is literally going to be able to hit the 'send' button the minute it opens. And like a previous poster has said, there are more visa's available this year, so they're not going to all be gone in the first day - I hope!!

Aren't we all better off just waiting for the official channels to open, download the current 2013 checklist, when it's actually published, and work from there. It won't be too impossible to decipher, (again I hope), and we'll all be able to advise each other on here, with actual guidelines??

Sorry now, I hope this didn't come across as offensive, I just think some people can get very nervous over this and reading contradicting threads could send them over the edge!!:eek: lol!

Roll on the official opening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Gintonious wrote: »

I could be wrong, but as far as I can see there are no longer any 1year visas - all visa's are valid for 24mths, or if your passport isn't valid for that length when you enter Canada, then you get a visa based on it's validity. That will be decided by the officials at the border when you're going through customs.

Not sure about pricing, but it might increase due to it being a longer visa. They haven't said anything about cost yet I don't think.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

quick question guys, do you need a Canadian high commission police certificate request form to get the Garda cert or is that only for UK?

Processing times tab on IEC web page update!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

quick question guys, do you need a Canadian high commission police certificate request form to get the Garda cert or is that only for UK?

No. I got my garda cert without any of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

archicraft wrote: »
    Processing times tab on IEC web page update!

where did you see this i couldnt find it?

where did you see this i couldnt find it?

right hand side below old quota, when opened ,bottom left of page for todays date:)

yea saw that as well 8 weeks really hope that's all it will be gagging to get out of here cant even get a few nixers now:)

Link here
    >http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/processing_service-delai_traitement.aspx?view=d

Never even spotted today's date;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cypressg

So it's open?We can finally start applying?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement