Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Hahah no its not open yet mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

cypressg wrote: »
    So it's open?We can finally start applying?

where does it say that?

its not hes think from our chat regarding processing that its open. but its not:)

this is just cruel...no other word for it.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

hey hey, so quick question, I've filled out the questionaire, have my GCKey account and it tells me all the stuff I have to upload etc...When it opens...any day now...will it give us the instructions on how to get the all important IEC Acceptance Letter cos thats one of the most important things yeah?? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Whats the thing you's have to do with the passport photo? Girlfriend got them done in one of them machines but was there something in here saying it had to be scanned and resized or something?

m.j.w here is what it has to be
    Dimensions:
    The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

quick question for when the application does open,
    from what ive read its not this form the irish citizens fill in, (Family Information Form IMM5707 )
    but this one, additional family information IMM5645
    would i be right with this

quick question for when the application does open,
    from what ive read its not this form the irish citizens fill in, (Family Information Form IMM5707 )
    but this one, additional family information IMM5645
    would i be right with this

thats the one they filled in last year (IMM5645):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    m.j.w here is what it has to be
    Dimensions:
    The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540

Stupid question but how do you go about getting this? Are the machine photos no good then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

m.j.w wrote: »
    Stupid question but how do you go about getting this? Are the machine photos no good then?

go back through the old posts this has been done to death here

Not a clue man you could scan them on and start playing around with photo shop or some other application like that but i would not have a clue of how to do that. so i want into my local photographer and he took pics and done the editing for me and put them on to a blank cd for me so i all i have to do is upload which is handy it was 10 euro for 4. not to bad considering the ones in the machines charge 6 euro for 4 then you have to go through the hardship of editing all yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

You can get a free trial version of Photoshop. File - open - find image. Select image, go up to image up top, then image size. Change to required dimensions in mm and then file - save.
    You can also type 'free photo editor' into Google and download one of them and delete then when you're finished it.
    As said above, plenty of info on other pages and at the end of the day it's all speculation until it opens up and the spec for everything is given

:D:D:D:D
    well i have finally got my head around the photo thats needed ,and managed too get it done ,cheers for the help i was goin at it from totally wrong way ,thats a weight off my mind .all set too go now ,cupa tea me thinks in order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 louisewalsh23

I just cut the photo off my passport, will that not do??

what you cut the pic off your passport? is this a wind up? hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 43 louisewalsh23

I copied the picture off the scan of my passport and submitted it as my application picture, no I'm serious!
    I just read that the picture has to be in colour so back to the drawing board!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

Hi all,

First time poster.

Just applying for my visa and would like to get a bit of advice, there seems to be a lot of info to take in and Im finding it hard to get my head around it all :(

I was just wondering has anyone had to get police clearance from Australia? I was on a working/holiday visa there for 16 months. Does it take long and roughly how much does it cost. Thanks,

Before I ask any more silly questions Ill track back through the thread.

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    Hi all,

First time poster.

Just applying for my visa and would like to get a bit of advice, there seems to be a lot of info to take in and Im finding it hard to get my head around it all :(

I was just wondering has anyone had to get police clearance from Australia? I was on a working/holiday visa there for 16 months. Does it take long and roughly how much does it cost. Thanks,

It's all being done bout 10 pages back ..but it cost 45dollars and takes bout 3weeks ..need scan copy of birthcert ,passport and bank statement or something for proof of address,there's a link on iec website

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Hi all,

First time poster.

just on this, there's alot on threads regarding the 2013 application process, does anyone think it would be possible for a mod to make a sticky, detailing what people will need on hand to complete the first round of the application process?

It might help out people who are feeling overwhelmed by the whole process!(including me??)

So far I have my passport scanned, my birth-cert scanned and my Garda clearance cert scanned.. as far as i know thats all ill need for the first round right? am i ment to signup to any websites before hand to make this process faster? something about a "mycompass" website or something?

• Advertisement

TheJims wrote: »
    just on this, there's alot on threads regarding the 2013 application process, does anyone think it would be possible for a mod to make a sticky, detailing what people will need on hand to complete the first round of the application process?

It might help out people who are feeling overwhelmed by the whole process!(including me??)

So far I have my passport scanned, my birth-cert scanned and my Garda clearance cert scanned.. as far as i know thats all ill need for the first round right? am i ment to signup to any websites before hand to make this process faster? something about a "mycompass" website or something?

no information on stage 1 has been released yet,however, if last year is anything to go by it will consist of :fill in application,copy of passport & pay fee(of course its an electronic submission this year).

if you haven't already checked out the web page i suggest you do,all info is there.

what do you need you birth cert for?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

archicraft wrote: »
    what do you need you birth cert for?

no idea, for fear they ask me for it? so the garda clearance cert wont be looked for, for the first section, you dont think?

thats good news, as the girlfriend and i applied for them the same day, mine took 3 days to be sent out, yet hers is still not back after 10 days and shes very worried!

Could be to do she spent a few years living in cork, and they have to get written approval from cork as well as waterford??

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

Urrrghghhhh... finally got to the end of this thread... gl to all involved! ;)

Sticky would be good idea!!!

1. For anyone requiring free Adobe Photoshop/PDF software see this bargains link (Remember the Serial Number you will need is on the Adobe Link page)

2. If your trying to get the Garda Clearance Certificate and the Garda at desk asks for original birth certificate and you couldn't be arsed finding it or paying for a new one, go back another time and talk to a different Garda! :rolleyes:
    (Drivers Licence was all I needed, and I got it in 5 days)

Finally, how do you get 33 Canadians out of a swimming pool?
    Ask them to get out of the swimming pool

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

I spoke with the Gardai and the said you have to post it off?

So what exactly do you need to get the originall app up and running? Just set up an account, forward a copy of your passport and pay the fee? The rest comes after you've been invited to apply? Is that correct or wrong?

Thanks for the reply folks.

I have lived in China, Oz and Thailand for over 6 months so I have to get Police clearance from all these countries,ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! If only it was as easy as getting a Canadian visa as it is for these countries ha.

Jeeeeebus!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Hi all,

First time poster.

Hi there,

I emailed off my request for the Australian Police Check last Thursday, and got an email from them today saying it's been posted off - very quick turnaround I thought.

I sent off a scan of my passport, long birth cert, and esb bill as proof for what they needed, and it must have been fine as its on its way to me :)

Lets hope I have as good luck with the IEC Application!!

Thanks for the reply folks.

I have lived in China, Oz and Thailand for over 6 months so I have to get Police clearance from all these countries,ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! If only it was as easy as getting a Canadian visa as it is for these countries ha.

Jeeeeebus!!!!

I don't envy you here! Lets hope it's the same stuff required for the Oz Cert and you can just send multiple emails:confused:!!

Question for ye:

Heres the guidelines on the Official website -

International Experience Canada’s (IEC’s) application process for 2013 will be entirely online. It will be split into two stages:

1.program eligibility assessment (using a IEC-Kompass account); and
    2.work permit assessment (using a MyCIC account).

So my questions are - 1 - when the program opens, we activate this Kompass account - as it's the first part of the application?

2 - the My CIC Account - I'm aware we can open one now, but is this just people being extra organised? Or are you advised to have this done before the program opens? I was going to wait until I had the first step completed before going and activating the CIC account - do you think this would be ok?

You will do the IEC Kompass account part first then there will be up to a 2 weeks to see if your eligible of not then depending on that result you will move on to the next step that being The MyCIC account.

• Advertisement

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I emailed off my request for the Australian Police Check last Thursday, and got an email from them today saying it's been posted off - very quick turnaround I thought.

I sent off a scan of my passport, long birth cert, and esb bill as proof for what they needed, and it must have been fine as its on its way to me :)

Lets hope I have as good luck with the IEC Application!!

Thanks mate. You didnt need finger prints?? I was up at my local Garda station and they said I didnt need them.

It would be great if you got your IEC as easy. Good Luck hope it goes well for ya

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement