Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

CatMc48 wrote: »
    I don't envy you here! Lets hope it's the same stuff required for the Oz Cert and you can just send multiple emails:confused:!!

I know it seems like hassle but hopefully it will be worth it in the end. The China one is not too bad, there is an agency that does it for you, something I learned while living in Asia is for a few quid most red tape can be overlooked. Thailand could be a little harder but again Im sure it can be sorted.Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    Thanks mate. You didnt need finger prints?? I was up at my local Garda station and they said I didnt need them.

It would be great if you got your IEC as easy. Good Luck hope it goes well for ya

You need a selection of documents to make up 100 points. I used my passport, a bank statement and a copy of my credit card.

Do it all online - I applied a couple of weeks ago, rang to follow it up and had it back within ten days. Great service

Thanks mate. You didnt need finger prints?? I was up at my local Garda station and they said I didnt need them.

It would be great if you got your IEC as easy. Good Luck hope it goes well for ya

for guards it's just your passport or driving licence, plus info on where you've lived etc

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

So no need for me to go set up the CIC account now then - might aswell just wait until the Kompass bit has been set up/submitted/approved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea theres no need but most have.

• Advertisement

does anyone know if you need to have health insurance to secure a visa?
    thanks in advance

Shalamov wrote: »
    for guards it's just your passport or driving licence, plus info on where you've lived etc

Have my Garda clearance, thats sorted mate, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

you need backpacker insurance think its like 350 euro for the 2 years is the cheapest quote going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

does anyone know if you need to have health insurance to secure a visa?
    thanks in advance

You have to have comprehensive travel insurance at point of entry to Canada. It is one of the stipulations. They don't always check if you have everything in order (the Travel ins/proof of funds etc) but if they did and you didn't have it you wouldn't be given entry, and you couldn't apply again for the IEC so...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

that would only have to be sorted as your leaving Ireland though, and wont be needed in the application process?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

IT'S OPPPPPEEEEEEEEN SINCE HALF 3!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

The required documents says "Proof that you have paid the IEC program participation fee.". Where do you pay this?

Gah!

You have to know the date you started your highest level of education??!!!
    Christ that'll be tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Quick flick through the form, it all straightforward anyway

you have to pay straight away? can anyone confirm that? and if so how and where??

Gah!

Christ that'll be tough!

You think thats bad, I have to get every date I entered and left 3 different countries from the past 10 years, Struggling ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

Knock, Knock...
    It's Open
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

The required documents says "Proof that you have paid the IEC program participation fee.". Where do you pay this?

Did you read the site?

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/fees-frais.aspx?view=d

You have to pay a fee to participate in International Experience Canada. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an application number called the World Tracking Number (WTN) and a request to pay the participation fee. This request will outline the methods of payment and instructions on how to submit your payment.

The participation fee is currently 120 Euros and payment must be made in euros.

All information about your payment will be explained in your Notification of receipt. If the amount to pay is different than the amount on this page, the amount in the Notification of receipt will prevail.

The applicant is responsible for all bank charges.

Refund Policy

The participation fee will be refunded if:

you do not meet the eligibility criteria for participating in International Experience Canada;
    your application for a work permit is refused by Citizenship and Immigration Canada;
    the quota for the category you applied for is full; or
    you voluntarily withdraw your application before Citizenship and Immigration Canada issues your Letter of Introduction.
    Your participation fee will not be refunded if:

The Letter of Introduction has been issued: Once your application has been approved and the Letter of Introduction issued, you will be assigned one of the spaces available under International Experience Canada. Your participation fee will not be refunded from that point on, even if you decide not to come to Canada.
    You have misrepresented facts on your application: If your application contains false information, it will automatically be refused and your participation fee will not be refunded.
    WARNING: Inadmissibility for Misrepresentation
    All applicants are legally required to be truthful and disclose all relevant information with their applications. Applicants who submit an application package that contains misrepresented information, knowingly or unknowingly, will be denied entry to Canada and may also be banned from travelling to Canada. The details of the misrepresentation will remain permanently on record with Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the Canada Border Services Agency. For more information on misrepresentation, please visit Document Fraud (Misrepresentation).

Please note: The participation fee is not transferable under any circumstance, whether from person to person or from year to year.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

Gah!

Christ that'll be tough!

Like...day & month, or just the month & the year?? Fuuuuck

• Advertisement

Like...day & month, or just the month & the year?? Fuuuuck

exact dates - to the day

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

Holy crap. I've just applied.
    What now?!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Right it wants your past 5years employment but ive been unemployed since 2009 should i put that in??

DeniseDee wrote: »
    Holy crap. I've just applied.
    What now?!!?

Tell us all about it :pac: and wait for an email id imagine! and make sure you have 120ish euro on a credit/debit card for when u have to pay for the next step?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

TheJims wrote: »
    Tell us all about it :pac: and wait for an email id imagine! and make sure you have 120ish euro on a credit/debit card for when u have to pay for the next step?:confused:

Just got a message saying to pay them. I'm doing that now, but no idea what address to put in for the recipient?

Right it wants your past 5years employment but ive been unemployed since 2009 should i put that in??

I would just put down Unemployed mate. I dont think it will go on your CV, work experience etc... Its first come first served as far as I am aware. There are people on here with better knowledge but I think thats right. Be as truthful as possible.

P.S. I would say most applying will be in the same postion.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

No, I just got the Standard Disclosure - so basically a Name Check.

To be honest, I was in Canada on the USIT Under 35 program back in '07-'08, and when I applied then I did the whole works with the Oz cert and got fingerprint check done - I think it may have been required at the time, but didn't hang onto my checklist so not sure!

Anyway, this year I was trawling through this post, and other forums and the IEC site because I was unwilling to pay out another $150 for the fingerprint check, and as far as I could see they're looking for a name check, and this corresponds to the standard disclosure. Even on the Oz check form it states that the fingerprint check is only in certain circumstances. So going by the information on here, that's what I went for, and I think most everyone else has done the same. It's $42 and worked out about €33 on the day. It's all online, and I sent off my payment receipt thing they send you in the email too.

My list of attachments were as follows:
    Attachment 1) AFP NPC FORM-8011
    Attachment 2) Payment Confirmation
    Attachment 3) Primary Document - Foreign Passport - current
    Attachment 4) Primary Document - Full Birth Certificate
    Attachment 5) Secondary Document - Utility Bill

This gave me over the 100 points necessary for the check to be carried out.
    Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

I would just put down Unemployed mate. I dont think it will go on your CV, work experience etc... Its first come first served as far as I am aware. There are people on here with better knowledge but I think thats right. Be as truthful as possible.

Thanks for the reply mate I have put down unemployed but its the next section under it were you put in your last 5years im guessin I just work from 2009 back to 2004??

CatMc48 wrote: »
    No, I just got the Standard Disclosure - so basically a Name Check.

To be honest, I was in Canada on the USIT Under 35 program back in '07-'08, and when I applied then I did the whole works with the Oz cert and got fingerprint check done - I think it may have been required at the time, but didn't hang onto my checklist so not sure!

Anyway, this year I was trawling through this post, and other forums and the IEC site because I was unwilling to pay out another $150 for the fingerprint check, and as far as I could see they're looking for a name check, and this corresponds to the standard disclosure. Even on the Oz check form it states that the fingerprint check is only in certain circumstances. So going by the information on here, that's what I went for, and I think most everyone else has done the same. It's $42 and worked out about €33 on the day. It's all online, and I sent off my payment receipt thing they send you in the email too.

My list of attachments were as follows:
    Attachment 1) AFP NPC FORM-8011
    Attachment 2) Payment Confirmation
    Attachment 3) Primary Document - Foreign Passport - current
    Attachment 4) Primary Document - Full Birth Certificate
    Attachment 5) Secondary Document - Utility Bill

This gave me over the 100 points necessary for the check to be carried out.
    Hope this helps!

Your a star. Im just going to fill my IEC application form now and get onto these foreign Police clearances. Dont worry Ill be back with further questions.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

This is tragic. The page won't open for me. Must be too much traffic on the site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement