Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

DeniseDee wrote: »
    Just got a message saying to pay them. I'm doing that now, but no idea what address to put in for the recipient?

How long after you submitted your application did you wait to get the message for payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I can see a meltdown of the site later! Its already going slow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Yea i cant get into it now anyone else in the same boat?:/

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Site crashed already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    This is tragic. The page won't open for me. Must be too much traffic on the site.

Won't open for me either - I'm taking it as a sign though, I don't have my police certs back yet so no point in panicking!!! lol!!

Hopefully in a week or so when the pandemonium has died down, I'll get in no bother!

• Advertisement

The websites down!

Did anyone manage to get a Touchpad???? :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

ripcord wrote: »
    How long after you submitted your application did you wait to get the message for payment?

ten minutes maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

Karbolt wrote: »
    Site crashed already :(
    I was at payment stage and just crashed!!!! What to do??

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

Thanks for the reply mate I have put down unemployed but its the next section under it were you put in your last 5years im guessin I just work from 2009 back to 2004??

Im not sure to be honest. I have not got too that part yet, Im pretty much in the same boat as you mate, The last 5 years I have pretty much been abroad or unemployed.

Hahah epic well not really but must be some traffic on it. any of ye have it done what did ye write for this question?When do you plan on entering Canada to activate your new work permit to participate in the IEC initiative and for how long?
    and also the one regarding the 5 years work? it only gives one line but i had had 3 different employers so any more room to write them?

Any1 help me out?:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MissLe

Is gas that it's crashed already! We're all so eager!!

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Hahah epic well not really but must be some traffic on it. any of ye have it done what did ye write for this question?When do you plan on entering Canada to activate your new work permit to participate in the IEC initiative and for how long?
    and also the one regarding the 5 years work? it only gives one line but i had had 3 different employers so any more room to write them?
    isnt there an add employer button?
    Im sure you dont have to stick to the date intented to travel, just they want to get a good idea

I got into the site about 20mins ago and its still working, just takes about 30sec to load another page

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    Your a star. Im just going to fill my IEC application form now and get onto these foreign Police clearances. Dont worry Ill be back with further questions.:D

So you got into the site then? I can't get in and from reports it's looking like it has crashed already! All the Irish trying to escape!! lol!!

You seem to be able to apply for the first bit then without any certs, is that right? Or are you just going through the application form and filling in what you can, then submitting all once you have the certs?:confused:

eight8 wrote: »
    I was at payment stage and just crashed!!!! What to do??

I had all of my employment and education history typed out, gonna have to do it again now! Too many people eager to leave this country I guess lol

I got my application in. Was shown a WTN number - but no email yet to ask for payment :(

Hopefully its just the system is slow and not a problem with my application!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Keeps crashing once I log in...

Cheers mate:D it has since crashed:( so denise dee when you validated everything and it was sent you got an e-mail asking for payment? is that done online with a visa/cc sorry for asking not up to date with all this jazz:o

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

I won't get proof of my payment until tomorrow. Arrrgggh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

Karbolt wrote: »

I had all of my employment and education history typed out, gonna have to do it again now! Too many people eager to leave this country I guess lol
    Couldn't have come at a better time either... Got made redundant today, only 3wks before I was gonna hand in notice. Wonder will it be back up tonight,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

So many people want to get one that the site has crashed, its like tickets for a concert!

Everyone stay calm!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Did anyone else get two identical emails confirming registering for the IEC account?

Couldn't have come at a better time either... Got made redundant today, only 3wks before I was gonna hand in notice. Wonder will it be back up tonight,

no it wont be back up so everyone stop trying ;)

I'm sure it'll settle down in a few hours, probably an avalanche of people logging in to see what the requirements are :D

ripcord wrote: »
    Did anyone else get two identical emails confirming registering for the IEC account?

Yea mate i did just click the newest one and you will be grand.

Crashed haha. I reckon these 6000 visa will be gone fairly quick.

CatMc48 wrote: »
    So you got into the site then? I can't get in and from reports it's looking like it has crashed already! All the Irish trying to escape!! lol!!

You seem to be able to apply for the first bit then without any certs, is that right? Or are you just going through the application form and filling in what you can, then submitting all once you have the certs?:confused:

I went through the form untill the end just saving the easy parts without valadating them. I have to do my employment and upload passport and then it crashed:(. I presume when I log back in everything will be saved.:confused:

well you saved them....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Oh I could have cried. I was uploading the passport scan when mine crashed. I swear I nearly hurled the laptop, cos firefox didn't want to open - kept telling me it was open when it wasn't so I had to restart my comp, then firefox didn't and still doesn't want to open Gmail!!!!

yea mate you be grand everthing will be saved i would imagine.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Anyone else experiencing website difficulties? Damn...I'm gonna be up all night!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement