Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

hi all just wondering is anyone else having problem with their application i think the site has crashed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Go to bed. Get up at 2 am. Log in and all should be fine. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

hdowney wrote: »
    Oh I could have cried. I was uploading the passport scan when mine crashed. I swear I nearly hurled the laptop, cos firefox didn't want to open - kept telling me it was open when it wasn't so I had to restart my comp, then firefox didn't and still doesn't want to open Gmail!!!!

try a different browser then! I think people need to relax here you'll have plenty of time to do it, its just the initial rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

i think these visas will be gone in no time any one panicking too

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

adamski8 wrote: »
    well you saved them....
    JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea mate you be grand everthing will be saved i would imagine.:)

yeah, I would imagine it will be saved. No biggy I dont think anyway.

• Advertisement

beemer2003 wrote: »
    hi all just wondering is anyone else having problem with their application i think the site has crashed

eveybody is, read the last 30mins of posts. Loads of people=website overload, should subside late at night.

no way they will be gone like people are making out here. there is over 6000 visas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I think they're gone already

Im going to go out and watch the footie and try again later. Calm down everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

Ah lads

Your all gone mental...

6500 is a lot of Visa's. Its going to take at least a month or two for these to go. Last year it took till May. I know it was by post but post doesnt take 6 months. So Chill out.

These will be available untill March at least. Mark my words.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

hahah its back open i think i missed out?:D haha
    Anyone help a brother with this question?
    Employment
    Give details of your employment for the past 5 years, newest to oldest.
    From
    (YYYY-mm-dd)
    To
    (YYYY-mm-dd)
    Activity/occupation
    Company/employer/facility name
    City/town
    Country
    Province/state
    its only gives one space for one empolyer but i have had 3 over the last 5 years what do i do? do i just write in the newest and then one i validate and save will a new box come up? thanks in advance ross.

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    I think they're gone already

:eek:

panicy.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea mate you be grand everthing will be saved i would imagine.:)

Nothing of mine was :( I am back in and confused. In the contact info section as to where to put the house number. Like I live at 3 the road. do I put the 3 in with Apartment/Unit number, Street number/house name, or in with Street name where I'd normall have it. Like I wouldn't normally seperate 3 from the road, it'd be 3 the road all one line, but I think here I may seperate it. Gah
    adamski8 wrote: »
    try a different browser then! I think people need to relax here you'll have plenty of time to do it, its just the initial rush.

I managed to validate, may come back later to fiddle with firefox and figure out whats up re the dang email. Everyone (me included) is seriously panicin, but I think the drawn out wait seemed to have everyone on edge. I am not rushing though. I am going over each thing like a billion times before I submit anything. I'll be making payment tomorrow, I have half the amount now, so the mammys gonna gimme the money she borrowed and then I'll pay and submit. So hopefully two weeks from then I'll get conditional acceptance and off to the second part for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I was only joking everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

ripcord wrote: »
    Did anyone else get two identical emails confirming registering for the IEC account?

yes i did

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

seachto7 wrote: »
    Go to bed. Get up at 2 am. Log in and all should be fine. :)

That's when all us Irish in Canada will be getting home from work and flooding it too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

Just going through the IEC app now, looks pretty straight forward. I see people saying they are still waiting on their Garda Certs so can't proceed. I'm in the same position myself but having gone through the IEC seems all you need scanned for this stage is your passport? Am I wrong on this? That was the only document being requested as far as I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Just going through the IEC app now, looks pretty straight forward. I see people saying they are still waiting on their Garda Certs so can't proceed. I'm in the same position myself but having gone through the IEC seems all you need scanned for this stage is your passport? Am I wrong on this? That was the only document being requested as far as I could see.

That's it man, just the passport.

yes that seems to be the only document you nee at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

Garda cert wont be needed till phase 2 as far as i can see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

cheers fellas, smooth sailing so far :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

Did anyone who got a world tracking number get into the next bit about payment it's saying I should have a message in the IEC acc. stating how to do it next but there's nothing in messages??

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

eight8 wrote: »
    Did anyone who got a world tracking number get into the next bit about payment it's saying I should have a message in the IEC acc. stating how to do it next but there's nothing in messages??

Yes. I got it. It was in messages.... Sounds like the system is glitchy!

Sync wrote: »
    That's when all us Irish in Canada will be getting home from work and flooding it too :p

Will Irish people over there already go for the same application of 6500 visas?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

Right, so payment sent. I didn't get a confirmation from my bank with all the necessary details.

Called them up, they can't send a receipt, so need to wait until tomorrow when the money comes out my account. I'll take a screenshot then.

Anyone else managed to get a receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Star25

I didnt get it yet either. Im only finished now about 20 mins. Hopefully it was all ok and there are no issues!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

Star25 wrote: »

I didnt get it yet either. Im only finished now about 20 mins. Hopefully it was all ok and there are no issues!!

No e-mail either to say I have a message, wonder is it just a back log?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Anyone pay from an account that isn't their own? I don't have a credit card so I'm going to use my mom's, will that be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Star25

No e-mail either to say I have a message, wonder is it just a back log?

I'd say its just the back log alright. Ive never wanted to pay money so much in my life ;) Im just gonna keep an eye on it and hope for the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

I could only add three previous employers iec kompass, won't allow to add more, should I just the three most recent and proceed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement