Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

So, just to clarify. I've filled out everything. Do I have to wait until I get an e-mail now? That's what I'm gathering from those who are further along.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

i just got my email there im paying in the morning at my branch

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

locoo wrote: »
    On the Garda clearance form it asks for proof that you require clearance.

How did you overcome this?

Im in the same boat here myself. Can anyone shed any light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

Have you used any other names (e.g. Nickname, maiden name, alias, etc.)

my surname is henry ,it aint on passport but on my police clearance .
    ive entered it as given name ,but then is says enter family name do i just put dillon in also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

beemer2003 wrote: »
    i jusy got it there and it has it requires an electronic payment transfer from your bank

What is an electronic payment transfer? Is that a bank transfer? And do you think (I think I have done one of them in my life!) it'l be straightforward to print a reciept type to scan in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

165 gone now!

Pretty quick considering the site was down for so long!

i just tried doing a transfer using my 24 hour bankin but now it says they want a card reader

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

beemer2003 wrote: »
    i just tried doing a transfer using my 24 hour bankin but now it says they want a card reader

Yea they don't take code cards anymore. I wish I could do that tonight but the money won't be in my ac til tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Aaaagh just see in they're out, let d madness begin!

On a serious note tho I see people have paid for it already....so if I pay for it does that mean ur in d system...like they say1st come 1st served, is that 1st with payment or application?

they dont make it i bank with AIB and still have to wait till tomorrow how are some people getting to pay for theres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

ripcord wrote: »
    165 gone now!

Pretty quick considering the site was down for so long!

Where do you see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Sorry just a quick question. Considering applying for a canadian visa.

I havent been to Canada before. I'd be looking for work in the software industry with two years experience.

Is my best option to apply for the one year working visa or is there a separate one for skilled labour positions?

Would I still have to submit an IEC application?

Thanks,

Bunny

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

when you submitted app to iec kompass how long did you have to wait til they asked for payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

do u need too activate account through ur email too sign in for first time .
    cause its sayin invalid password

Yes, you need to click on the link in the email first, then log in to the Kompass account from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

anyone receive there massage regards paying i sent mine bout 40 mins ago still nothing i have my WTN but no e-mail or message regards payment?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    anyone receive there menage regards paying i sent mine bout 40 mins ago still nothing i have my WTN but no e-mail or message regards payment?:(

I'm still waiting on mine too, I think it's just because everyone's applying right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

So I just received my email. It says:

After you make your payment, upload a copy of the corresponding payment receipt to your IEC-Kompass account: this is your proof of payment. Your proof of payment must show the following information:

- Name of account holder
    - Name of financial institution
    - Account number
    - Amount paid
    - Date on which the payment was made
    - Reference number for the payment
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number:

How are we supposed to get a receipt with that information if the transfer is done through online banking?

Have you used any other names (e.g. Nickname, maiden name, alias, etc.)

my surname is henry ,it aint on passport but on my police clearance .
    ive entered it as given name ,but then is says enter family name do i just put dillon in also

If your surname is Henry, how is it not on your passport??? Do you mean your second name is Henry?

And your 'family name' is your surname.

Given names are your names as they appear on your passport, so if only your first name and surname appear, then just put those in - you should try match your passport I would think as that'll be the ID you'll be using when entering Canada, and what your visa will be attached to.

CatMc48 wrote: »
    If your surname is Henry, how is it not on your passport??? Do you mean your second name is Henry?

And your 'family name' is your surname.

Given names are your names as they appear on your passport, so if only your first name and surname appear, then just put those in - you should try match your passport I would think as that'll be the ID you'll be using when entering Canada, and what your visa will be attached to.

sorry i mean second name henry .but on my old passport it had john henry dillon
    so thats what is on my police clearance from garda and oz police ,
    new passport says john dillon ,so ill just go with that
    cheers

• Advertisement

Yeah you should be safe enough matching it to your passport - that's what I would think anyway.

I have a question for the scan's - does it state anywhere that the scans need to be in black and white, or in colour. I scanned the passports both ways, but think the pictures come out clearer when they're in colour. Don't want to submit it though without double checking that there isn't a fine print somewhere saying - black and white only!! lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SOC1991

Hi Guys,
    First time posting and kind of panicking. Im trying to upload my passport picture which I took with a digital camera. I go to browse and I bring in the picture which I have in pdf format and every time I hit upload or save and validate it just disappears and it just says I have to bring in a scanned picture.
    Thanks

can i use my mams online banking to pay or has it to be in my name for the proof of payment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Cant beat mammys account:D

thats so true hah im just wondering if it ll work now instead of waiting til tomorrow

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Yeah you should be safe enough matching it to your passport - that's what I would think anyway.

I have a question for the scan's - does it state anywhere that the scans need to be in black and white, or in colour. I scanned the passports both ways, but think the pictures come out clearer when they're in colour. Don't want to submit it though without double checking that there isn't a fine print somewhere saying - black and white only!! lol!

id do them in colour anyhow .
    passport pic u upload need be colour so id keep them all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

SOC1991 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    First time posting and kind of panicking. Im trying to upload my passport picture which I took with a digital camera. I go to browse and I bring in the picture which I have in pdf format and every time I hit upload or save and validate it just disappears and it just says I have to bring in a scanned picture.
    Thanks

I think its the passport id page you want for the iec kompass

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

Karbolt wrote: »
    So I just received my email. It says:

After you make your payment, upload a copy of the corresponding payment receipt to your IEC-Kompass account: this is your proof of payment. Your proof of payment must show the following information:

- Name of account holder
    - Name of financial institution
    - Account number
    - Amount paid
    - Date on which the payment was made
    - Reference number for the payment
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number:

How are we supposed to get a receipt with that information if the transfer is done through online banking?

I was the very same, I went as far as I could with doing it online and stopped because the online receipt of payment doesn't have all that info and it will just bounce back for having wrong info I'd say. I rang customer care to explain what proof I need and they said your better off to so it in branch and then scan it

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MP_Calgary2012

What is going on there? Can we add more or is it sufficient to just put in the last three jobs? It's the only part we are stuck on! Ready to go otherwise! any advice? Has anybody recieved a reply backn from IEC on this yet?? Freaking!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 SOC1991

Thanks, where will i find that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement