Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SOC1991

gary27 wrote: »
    I think its the passport id page you want for the iec kompass
    Thanks where will I find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

SOC1991 wrote: »
    Thanks where will I find that?

the page with your details name etc and photo, usually at the back of the passport

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

so what happens after you have submitted your application? how do I get on to the payment page? or do I have to wait for an e-mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Princessamzs

Hey, does anyone know what we put into the port of entry thing if we don't know where we are flying into Canada yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

so what happens after you have submitted your application? how do I get on to the payment page? or do I have to wait for an e-mail?

You're waiting for a message on your Kompass account, it's taking a while atm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

giggii wrote: »
    You're waiting for a message on your Kompass account, it's taking a while atm...

nice one, I thought I was after missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

I was in college for the first year of the 5 years employment they are looking for. What should i put in? Does it have to be 5 does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gemie

guys? do you have to uploads 32 scan pictures of your passport? how do i change them to pdf? and that its 5mb?

the page with your details name etc and photo, usually at the back of the passport
    Oh sorry I know what page it is but it wont upload for me for some reason on the "My IEC Application" web page.
    Sorry if im annoying you!

Oh sorry I know what page it is but it wont upload for me for some reason on the "My IEC Application" web page.
    Sorry if im annoying you!

what format is it in? maybe the size is too big?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

Im in the same boat here myself. Can anyone shed any light on this?

are doin it in garda station ,i just printed out application form a brought in garda station as proof... i did me fine

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Anyone else having to deal with not being able to do a bank transfer via online banking? I can't because I need a stupid card reader. Would I be able to do this in my local AIB branch? My head is wrecked -_-

what format is it in? maybe the size is too big?
    I had it in jpg format and when that didnt work for me i changed it to pdf. The size is only 2.19MB and it says 5 is the max. When i hit browse i can bring it in but when i hit upload it disappears.

I had it in jpg format and when that didnt work for me i changed it to pdf. The size is only 2.19MB and it says 5 is the max. When i hit browse i can bring it in but when i hit upload it disappears.

As i recall there's a view button beside upload if you click that after uploading the id, it should download the file, meaning you have uploaded it and I don't think it would allow to validate without that being uploaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

WasterEx wrote: »
    Anyone else having to deal with not being able to do a bank transfer via online banking? I can't because I need a stupid card reader. Would I be able to do this in my local AIB branch? My head is wrecked -_-

Yep same here! Advised by customer care to do it in branch, online payment won't have all the info they are looking for anyway re the notification of receipt-pain in the ar*e

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

WasterEx wrote: »

I'm with BoI and I did the transfer online. First off, the IEC sort code they provided me was wrong and when I made the transfer, the confirmation I got didn't have my full name, my full account number, bank name, reference number for the payment or payment purpose/Payment reference number (the IE-001234 one). I called them up and have to wait for customer care to maybe call me tomorrow!! I would recommend just going to your bank

eight8 wrote: »
    Yep same here! Advised by customer care to do it in branch, online payment won't have all the info they are looking for anyway re the notification of receipt-pain in the ar*e

Ahh right, sweet. Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Hey, does anyone know what we put into the port of entry thing if we don't know where we are flying into Canada yet?

good question, anyone any ideas???

minnow12 wrote: »
    good question, anyone any ideas???

Just put where you THINK you would spend most of your time or an idea of where you think you're going to be going.

As i recall there's a view button beside upload if you click that after uploading the id, it should download the file, meaning you have uploaded it and I don't think it would allow to validate without that being uploaded.
    I cant seem to find that gary27. When i hit browse it brings it in and gives the whole file path in the little box. Under that then there are four buttons: save only, save and validate, my iec application page and proceed to next section without validation. If i click any one of these four buttons it disappears.

• Advertisement

do you have to uploads 32 scan pictures of your passport? how do i change them to pdf? and that its 5mb?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

I cant seem to find that gary27. When i hit browse it brings it in and gives the whole file path in the little box. Under that then there are four buttons: save only, save and validate, my iec application page and proceed to next section without validation. If i click any one of these four buttons it disappears.

I am having the same issues as you. I think I will do all other info and come back to uploading the passport scan in a while, hopefully it will work then.

ok, you browse for file first then hit upload button (wait a min until uploaded) then if you want to save only or save and validate, probably try save only if not sure its uploaded.

also does it accept pdf format?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Same thing happening to me I have uploaded pdf version of it but when I click view after opening it says error with adobe ..any idea?

ok, you browse for file first then hit upload button (wait a min until uploaded) then if you want to save only or save and validate, probably try save only if not sure its uploaded.

Once I hit the 'upload' button, the box with the file empties. This happens with both a pdf and jpg version of the scanned passport.

hegarty147 wrote: »
    Same thing happening to me I have uploaded pdf version of it but when I click view after opening it says error with adobe ..any idea?

can you try jpeg?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭centre back

giggii wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on mine too, I think it's just because everyone's applying right now...

im in the same boat, i assume the message goes into your'e email and not kompass account??

Once I hit the 'upload' button, the box with the file empties. This happens with both a pdf and jpg version of the scanned passport.

do you have the 32 pages of your passport scanned?

• Advertisement

gemie wrote: »
    do you have the 32 pages of your passport scanned?

Nope, just the page with my personal info (it is a new passport with no stamps)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement