Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Energizer_Bat

eight8 wrote: »
    Did you pay via online banking and if so how did you get proof of payment with all the right info they are looking for on it?

I did it through my HSBC account online. When doing the international transfer it asked for most of the information that the IEC supplied. I filled it in and then sent the resulting receipt to the IEC.

It may not have been perfect as the conditions of payment were confusing me as well.
    My receipt did not have my name on it at all. Only my account details and the details the IEC gave me.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

zweton wrote: »
    Just submitted mine, will wait for the email now. Must throw on the kettle:)

make a pot cause its takin awhile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gemie

how do you delete scan photos you uploaded ?? i have them in paint and i dont want them uploaded in 'PAINT'

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

anyone know do you fill up the application in capitals or lower case?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    is anyone else waiting over 2 hours for this message regarding payment i submitted my stuff and was told a message would be sent to me but two hours later and still nothing? i have seen people have applied after me and have there's now?:/
    gary27 wrote: »
    still waiting also
    im waiting over a hour myself ,still noting
    I'm waiting too. :(

Still waiting here. As long as JustRoss I think :(

EDIT: just typed that and checked and BAMN there it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

gemie wrote: »
    how do you delete scan photos you uploaded ?? i have them in paint and i dont want them uploaded in 'PAINT'

paint allows you to save as jpeg, not sure how to delete uploaded photos but I'm guessing that if you upload another photo it probably will overwrite the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Waiting nearly 3 hrs, freaked off my head I did something wrong on it!!

gary27 wrote: »
    paint allows you to save as jpeg, not sure how to delete uploaded photos but I'm guessing that if you upload another photo it probably will overwrite the old one.

it just saved it now their 5 on it. havnt a clue how to delete them i cant submit it when their on paint!

just got email there, in my iec box so it was probably 3 hrs for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

exactly 3 hours after i first applied i got the payment message:D

• Advertisement

gemie wrote: »
    it just saved it now their 5 on it. havnt a clue how to delete them i cant submit it when their on paint!

can you see that their is 5 uploaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

Anyone still having problems uploading the scan of their passport?

Best thing with passport pic is to insert as pic on ms word, then file, save as, name it and select PDF and then save. Minimises the size of the file too so uploads in no time

fifi2008 wrote: »
    Best thing with passport pic is to insert as pic on ms word, then file, save as, name it and select PDF and then save. Minimises the size of the file too so uploads in no time

yep that sounds right ut how to delete ones that are uploaded on it all ready and their on ''PAINT''

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Anyone still having problems uploading the scan of their passport?

ya me when i upload then view it says file corrupt maybe its a system issue at the moment

exactly 3 hours after i first applied i got the payment message:D

nice 1 ,,so wat does it say ,cause i aint stayin up all nite ,do ya need print somethin and bring bank too pay it ..so u get receipt

fifi2008 wrote: »

When you clicked the 'upload' button, what happend? Will it say how long left to upload complete or anything?

When I click 'upload' the only thing that happens is the box empies and nothing else. I waited a few minutes and still nothing.

From what i am aware this process might be run out of Ottawa so its nearly 5pm there. Don't expect much to be done after that.

It is a government department after all. :)

hegarty147 wrote: »
    ya me when i upload then view it says file corrupt maybe its a system issue at the moment

I guess so, check again later or the morning!

yea mate its in pdf you print if off:) and bring it in to the bank and i imagine they will fill it out and bring it back and then you will have to scan it up i am going to do that tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I used the receipt from the international transfer which i received when the transaction was sent. It had all the info i could see on it.

Cost me a bit more to send but seems to be worth it.

And this receipt came from your bank or from the IEC?

yea it is run out of Ottawa so i say its nearly done for the day:)

has anyone tried paying online via money transfer with bank of ireland?

When u click choose file and find file to use, it goes into box and then u click upload. The box empties but view is on the right side of the upload button. Once u view it and happy with it just click save and validate. Leaving it in paint will most def be too big a size. So do the word format, try that and see. It might keep crashing because the file is too big. Into word and then save as PDF. See how u get on doing it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

@Energizer_Bat

Do you have the required bank details? IBAN ETC

Am thinking of setting up the transfer while I wait for the mail

Cheers

or anyone with ulster bank?

WasterEx wrote: »
    And this receipt came from your bank or from the IEC?

It came from my bank. When i clicked the button to send the transaction it popped up with a receipt which i sent to pdf and then uploaded it.

yea mate its in pdf you print if off:) and bring it in to the bank and i imagine they will fill it out and bring it back and then you will have to scan it up i am going to do that tomorrow.

nice one sounds good ,most people seem too be sorted anyhow :)
    wasnt as eventfull as i taught it would be, straight forward enough .
    most of other documents and pics save so reckon its plain sailing from here. O Once ya do forms correct that is :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

You don't NEED to bring the PDF with ya (obvs it has all their ac info but ya can just write that down). the bank should be able to provide you with a receipt printed from their machines with all the info on it no bothers. There is nothing on the PDF for re-uploading. It's just a PDF of a letter if ya will.

Right no more can be done for tonight. Good luck to all and see yas in the morn

• Advertisement

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    @Energizer_Bat

Do you have the required bank details? IBAN ETC

Am thinking of setting up the transfer while I wait for the mail

Cheers

Here ya go. :)

The payment towards the Program Participation Fee must be made through an Electronic Funds Transfer to the Embassy of Canada in Dublin using the following information:

- Account Name: Canadian Embassy

- Bank Name: Allied Irish Bank Plc

- Address: Grafton Street, Dublin 2, Ireland

- Account No: 41489092

- Sort Code: 93-12-33

- IBAN: IE71 AIBK 9312 3341 489092

- Swift Code: AIBKIE2D

- Payment purpose/Payment reference number: HQ-IE-13-WHP-***** 

Note: Your WTN reference should be shortened to contain the initials IE and the six numerical digits at the end of the WTN. For example, if your WTN is HQ-IE-13-WHP-001234 please enter IE- 001234 as your payment reference.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement